Minecraft XBLA Page 6

• Page

of 69 First / Last

• magicpanda 11 May 2012 13:06:48 13,367 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There is an "End"

Edit: Saying that I dont know how much made into the Xbox version. Has it got the Endermen? and Hell?

Edited by magicpanda at 13:08:06 11-05-2012
  • Garfy 11 May 2012 13:15:49 683 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I have one piece of advice for Minecraft beginners, be very very VERY careful if handling lava.

My lighthouse was more of a flaming tower of fiery death.
  • agparrot 11 May 2012 13:42:11 11,903 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    delbert wrote:
    So is your presence in other players world persistent i.e. does your inventory stay the same if you pop in and out or do you need to stash stuff in chests if you are trying to aim towards something?
    You don't carry any inventory into or out of other people's worlds, so you start with nothing each time you spawn in a strange place. It doesn't take too long to get up to speed once you've found a tree and some stone though, at least at the early stage most people's games still are.

You need to put stuff in chests if you want to be able to come back to it, that much is certain, and it also requires a degree of trust because unlike Indie hit Total Miner: Forge, in Minecraft all the chests are public.

So it's probably for the best that when you make your game open, this just opens it up to Friends List members.

Oh, and the stone pickaxe is like wooden one but you need wood planks and cobblestones. If you go into the crafting box, into the tools section, you'll see that some of the items you can scroll up and down on to see what other variants are available. Pressing X gives you a brief description of what they are, and pressing X again tells you what you need to harvest to make them. You'll want a stone one for getting at that Iron Ore, which sadly means the stuff you've mined has been to no end, and is gone forever!

I brought my first buckets of lava back to the surface last night, and have been having all kinds of fun experimenting with what it can do. It serves like a superfuel in the furnaces, with each bucket powering the smelting of 100 blocks of whatever you put in there.

I still feel like I'm just mucking about, and that my world is still at that embryonic phase before anything has any real sense of structure. This is mostly because, like all good sandboxes, I plan to do one thing, and end up wandering off and doing something else, and then it's night-time.
  • m1rk 11 May 2012 14:07:08 332 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Does it have creative mode like the PC version?
  • glo 11 May 2012 14:18:27 3,425 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @m1rk - No, not at the moment. Not sure if they plan to add it in later
  • ecureuil 11 May 2012 14:28:17 76,832 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    magicpanda wrote:
    There is an "End"

Edit: Saying that I dont know how much made into the Xbox version. Has it got the Endermen? and Hell?
    The nether is there, but no Enderman or The End portal. It's basically Minecraft 1.6, so there's no hunger bar or enchanting. Plus it still has the ugly cobble. Better terrain generation, though..
  • spindizzy 11 May 2012 15:04:47 6,527 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    In the PC version there's a goal (kill the Ender dragon) but I never got that far. There's a load of stuff to make, but ultimately for me Minecraft is just about making nicer and nicer stuff, and slowly transforming the world. I WISH that they'd do something like the Better Than Wolves mod though. It really adds to the game I think...
  • w00t 11 May 2012 15:12:22 11,127 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted

The day charity died - NEVER FORGET

(the mic was OK in the end)

• Monkey_Puncher 11 May 2012 16:00:51 6 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is really great!

For someone who just doesn't enjoy playing games on their PC, I'm loving it. I know I'm about 2 years late to the party, but I just can't get into PC games at all.

If anyone fancies adding me would be good, not really got many on my friends list who play this.

Gamertag : Shaolin Munkeh
  • robthehermit 11 May 2012 17:14:18 4,081 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'll add you purely because your gamertag is awesome.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• Tryhard 11 May 2012 21:14:40 3,986 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So I left my beach house and headed out above ground finding a nice mountain area.I decided to build a stone outpost on top of a big hill, which has now turned into a fortress due to the constant creeper and spider attacks.

There are alot of caverns,and what seems a straight hole that goes down and down and down.There was a spider waiting for me 20 blocks down.

Now armed with bow and arrows and snowballs.So I am fighting back.Have died soo many times on normal I hate to think what hard is like.

Today I built a stone skywalk from hill fort to beach house.A very cool tower with a ladder goes up to the skywalk from the beach house.In about 10 years there will be rail tracks up there.:eek:

So I climbed up my tower to the skywalk after sleeping in the beach house.
    And as I turn after getting off the ladder I see a creeper coming towards me on my skywalk.These guys hunt me down like sharks.So I now have a glass lookout and door on the tower.And fortified the other end of the skywalk.

When you build something you always have to think defencively.Or it is curtains.
  • Deleted user 11 May 2012 23:18:21
    Been sceptical about this for years but finally tried the demo and came away impressed. Hmm, might have to grab some points!
  • Trafford 12 May 2012 00:13:34 5,792 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I died a few times last night, a bit lost heading back to my compound.
    Now I can't find where I dropped my map. Is it gone for good?
  • lavalant 12 May 2012 01:10:22 1,325 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I see some guy has built a CPU ALU simulator using the diodes and switches/repeaters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGkkyKZVzug
  • barchetta 12 May 2012 01:25:40 1,334 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Not sure if this will link thru to my 1st uploaded facebook pic. A pleasant scene with my first build and bridge in the distance.
    http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/464004_3674436332914_1035118004_3334257_2056455416_o.jpg?dl=1
  • phoopipe 12 May 2012 02:34:16 1,409 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @barchetta
    Thats a nice roof :)
    My two buildings ended being flat tops after numerous shit attempts.
  • richardiox 12 May 2012 02:37:01 5,603 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    lavalant wrote:
    I see some guy has built a CPU ALU simulator using the diodes and switches/repeaters.

Still haven't worked out Redstone circuits on the 360. Anyone wanna brief me or link to a good tutorial? Was messing around with them tonight but couldn't suss what the switch does on Redstone repeaters or what the actual use of them would be in the game.

Also, any ideas on how to craft a boat and a saddle?!
  • ecureuil 12 May 2012 03:30:52 76,832 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Heh, that CPU video was one of the first amazing Minecraft videos many PC players discovered. Pretty cool that history is repeating itself. :D

Check out the PC Minecraft thread for some more awesome creations.
  • ecureuil 12 May 2012 03:47:15 76,832 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    lavalant wrote:

Still haven't worked out Redstone circuits on the 360. Anyone wanna brief me or link to a good tutorial? Was messing around with them tonight but couldn't suss what the switch does on Redstone repeaters or what the actual use of them would be in the game.

Also, any ideas on how to craft a boat and a saddle?!
    Saddles can't be crafted, you can only find them in dungeon chests. Boat is made from 5 wooden planks in a U shape (sort of resembles a boat).

I suggest you check out the Minecraft wikia for information on crafting and item usage, it's a great resource.

As for learning redstone circuits, the way I did it was finding something I wanted to build (hidden piston door, for example), and searching youtube for a guide. Learn by doing n'all that. :)
  • StarchildHypocrethes 12 May 2012 09:44:53 25,917 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    lavalant wrote:

That looks bloody impressive, but I have absolutely no idea what he was talking about fotmr 99% of that video. Computer science fail :(
  • richardiox 12 May 2012 12:06:37 5,603 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @ecureuil
    RE boats - unless I'm missing something obvious you can only craft items it actually gives you options to craft, and my crafting bench doesn't include a boat design. I've checked the wiki and seen the design but not sure if you can do custom crafting layouts on the 360?
  • Tryhard 12 May 2012 12:26:45 3,986 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So imagine the scene.My little miner deep,deep down in the biggest chasm yet.Digging his merry way on the hunt for diamonds.Suddenly loses where he is,he is out of torches and his iron pickaxe breaks.

So in darkness,with just his hands to dig stone,full up with coal and iron.The sounds of the beasts nearby, hidden in the distant cave entrances,all while listening to Dead Space soundtrack on my TBx11 headset late at night.

Yes it was stupid to get into that position,and greed for more resources overtook wisdom.But it was thrilling,edge of the seat stuff.

Luckily I managed to claw my way back into another torch lit corridor after some nail biting minutes,and made it back to the surface.It was night time and I popped my head out of the edge of the chasm to hear an arrow twang.I climbed back down and waited for daylight.As the sun rose up
    a burning skeleton fell down the chasm as I was climbing to the surface and managed to land a well shot arrow as he dropped into the deep darkness.

Somehow,I managed to make it safely back to my hill fort outpost.:eek:
  • StarchildHypocrethes 12 May 2012 12:44:03 25,917 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    @ecureuil
    RE boats - unless I'm missing something obvious you can only craft items it actually gives you options to craft, and my crafting bench doesn't include a boat design. I've checked the wiki and seen the design but not sure if you can do custom crafting layouts on the 360?
    It's next to the mining carts.
  • Tryhard 12 May 2012 12:57:42 3,986 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So I tested out the share screenshot with Facebook [start then Y]

Be sure to save before doing so as it takes you back to MC menu.

So here is a Facebook pic of the Hill fort.Gold armour because losing iron is a waste hehe
  • Whizzo 12 May 2012 13:00:49 43,139 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    richardiox wrote:
    @ecureuil
    It's next to the mining carts.
    It looks more like a coffin in the crafting menu than a boat too! :-)

This space left intentionally blank.

• ecureuil 12 May 2012 13:35:09 76,832 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    @ecureuil
    Oh christ yeah, completely forgot the xbox version has a totally new system. Isn't it just that you can craft anything so long as you have what you need? It'd still be the same materials, I imagine.
  • ecureuil 12 May 2012 13:39:35 76,832 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    lavalant wrote:

That looks bloody impressive, but I have absolutely no idea what he was talking about fotmr 99% of that video. Computer science fail :(
    You may also enjoy this.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 12 May 2012 13:58:38 25,917 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The fuck!? That's ridiculous! :D

Beats my castle...
  • agparrot 12 May 2012 14:33:38 11,903 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    richardiox wrote:
    @ecureuil
    Oh christ yeah, completely forgot the xbox version has a totally new system. Isn't it just that you can craft anything so long as you have what you need? It'd still be the same materials, I imagine.
    The 360 bench has all the designs available from the outset, and it tells you what you need to make stuff.

The boat is under the section that has train tracks as the header image, and as Whizzo says it's the one that looks like a coffin.

Boats are great fun, and very relaxing with fishing rods!
  • shamblemonkee 12 May 2012 14:38:12 14,401 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    but not much use on ice levels where the sea is frozen as i sadly discovered. such short lived joy.
  • Page

of 69 First / Last