• neilqpr 10 May 2012 10:26:15 2,832 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Save us blocking up the XBLA thread.

MY BED HAS BEEN COMPROMISED.
  • Mr-Brett 10 May 2012 10:32:12 12,723 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Did you 'mowgli' your bed? I know creepers can be scary but still...

Portable view - Never forget.

• S.J.Rogers 10 May 2012 10:33:02 3,557 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I am really pissed off...!!!

I really want this and tried the demo last night and its really good, the big problem i have with this is that it gives me the motion sickness..!

Its ANOTHER game i cant play because of that.

Minecraft on the 360 joins the list.
    Rage
    Skyrim.
    ME3
    And MANY MANY more... :-( F*CK IT...!!!
  • neilqpr 10 May 2012 10:35:42 2,832 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just to confirm it was simps bed that was compromised. I won't talk about Pyschokittens hole though.

I don't think this world has heard so many double entendres in one night since Sid James passed away.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 10 May 2012 10:35:43 25,425 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I believe (but will fully regret saying this) that my house is now fully monster proof.

Sheer mountain face accessible only by ladder, leading to moat surrounded by torches on both sides, leading to another large wall/face accessible only by ladder, leading to house with torches all around rim of roof to ward off spiders :)

Just try it you bastards!
  • Deleted user 10 May 2012 10:38:56
    My resolution on holding out to buy this has been quickly evaporated by SCH's tales of woe in the XBLA thread.

Points bought, game bought. Right, let's go!
  • Mr-Brett 10 May 2012 10:40:43 12,723 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Spiders can climb walls and mobs can also go up ladders, although they won't 'try' if they just walk into the wall they'll start going up. You're probably fine but I thought I'd mention it ;)

• Blerk Moderator 10 May 2012 10:41:17 48,225 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    S.J.Rogers wrote:

I really want this and tried the demo last night and its really good, the big problem i have with this is that it gives me the motion sickness..!

Rage
    Skyrim.
    ME3
    On the PC version you can disable head-bobbing. If you can turn that off on the XBLA version too then that might help, maybe?
  • MrWonderstuff 10 May 2012 10:42:40 1,922 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There is an option to turn off head-bobbing.
  • AccidentProne 10 May 2012 10:47:28 1,153 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    Spiders can climb walls and mobs can also go up ladders, although they won't 'try' if they just walk into the wall they'll start going up. You're probably fine but I thought I'd mention it ;)
    Ahh, so that's how the fucker got into my shack, hadn't bothered with a ceiling...
  • S.J.Rogers 10 May 2012 10:54:27 3,557 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    S.J.Rogers wrote:

Rage
    Skyrim.
    ME3
    On the PC version you can disable head-bobbing. If you can turn that off on the XBLA version too then that might help, maybe?
    I have never tried turning of Head Bobbing in games, does this really help people who suffer from the Motion Sickness..?
  • elephantjuice 10 May 2012 10:56:33 625 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    How does MP work on the 360 version? I know there's split screen but is it possible to play over XBL?
  • L_Franko Moderator 10 May 2012 10:57:57 9,694 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    For crying out loud you lot!

I've been more than happy with the games I'm currently playing and I was pretty confident I'd make it all the way to next month without buying something new but after reading all the little stories on here and the xbla thread you've all made me need this so I'll be buying it tonight.

I hope you're happy!
  • speed182 10 May 2012 10:59:05 899 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah I played all day over XBL with three friends.

You can also play split-screen online too.

PSN ID: DJSpeed14
    Follow me on Twitter: Speeedy14

• Blerk Moderator 10 May 2012 11:02:39 48,225 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    S.J.Rogers wrote:
    Blerk wrote:
    I have never tried turning of Head Bobbing in games, does this really help people who suffer from the Motion Sickness..?
    I'm sure I've read many times that it works for at least some people. Worth a shot, anyway.
  • neilqpr 10 May 2012 11:02:57 2,832 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MP over Live is fairly straightforward, everytime you load up your world you have an option to set it as invite only or live. Live means anyone on your FL can drop in at any time. Friends who visit your world don't take assets back to their own world when they leave.

Comms were laggy as fuck last night, had to use party chat.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 10 May 2012 11:04:03 25,425 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Right, I need traps.
  • agparrot 10 May 2012 11:05:21 11,903 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    MrWonderstuff wrote:
    There is an option to turn off head-bobbing.
    Yup, this is what I did too, in the 360 version initially. I don't even suffer from motion sickness but it was a bit odd for some reason. I've turned it back on now.

Really, really, really enjoyed what I've played of it so far. I joined neilqpr's world and then invited anyone I could see who was playing it - sadly some players were just demo users, so couldn't join, but psychokitten joined and we spent a few troublesome nights getting attacked in neil's bedroom by skeletons and zombies, so eventually I made a wooden workman's hut out on the sand. While neil was mining, and psycho was digging a big hole to make a stone enclave-house out of, I was mostly going around planting flower gardens, keeping the wood and fuel supplies topped up, and wolfing down the fish that neil cooked us for breakfast.

pk, meanwhile, discovered that she could make paintings, and now her cave house has huge pictures of Yie Ar Kung Fu meets michaelangelo, of skeletons, of Donkey Kong and some other left-field stuff. It's really funny.

Back in my own world, I was afraid to find a moaning hill on the other side of the lake from my house. Every time I went past it groaned and grizzled. Eventually, in the relative safety of daylight, I started digging into the stone underneath the dirt it was made from, and inside was a zombie spawning machine and two chests which had some loot items inside them, stuff you wouldn't find out in the world like iron ingots and saddles and cocoa beans and redstone.

There's just so much to see and do, and the variety of mobs and the inclusion of working mechanical things like levers and so on makes this much better than the Indie imitators, imho.

I found the stuff to make a thing that lets me make fire. I foresee some terrible pyrotechnic accidents.
  • Benno 10 May 2012 11:07:22 9,793 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think I might set up a server for this game with a dummy xbox live account. I have a spare xbox which I could set up, and if I find (or someone can give me) a 2 month xbox live gold voucher, I could just leave the game running 24/7, add loads of you guys to the dummy live account and we can all play happily together in harmony.

EG Hearthstone Tournament

• StarchildHypocrethes 10 May 2012 11:08:40 25,425 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I had no idea there was stuff like that out there to find! That's so cool.
  • agparrot 10 May 2012 11:10:00 11,903 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh, and I've got a farm on the go outside my house, to grow crops. And I've started digging my first mine and have iron armour like a kind of blocky, medieval Iron Man, and there are more groaning walls down there in the mine.
  • elephantjuice 10 May 2012 11:10:50 625 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Thanks for the info on MP, sounds great. This'll be the third version of Minecraft I've bought.
  • agparrot 10 May 2012 11:14:45 11,903 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Does anyone know if there is a material I can make canals out of? The dirt and most of the stone and sand blocks seem to lead to the water sort of trickling away, and even glass didn't seem to hold the water at a level.

Do I just have to dig deeper trenches between my bodies of water?
  • Mr-Brett 10 May 2012 11:18:07 12,723 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Right, I need traps.
    The best thing to do is just have trapdoors and doors on any entrance.

• agparrot 10 May 2012 11:18:52 11,903 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've made armour and tools out of it.

I'm not sure I want too much information about how to make and get stuff, as I'm really enjoying just kind of discovering it as I go along.
  • Blerk Moderator 10 May 2012 11:19:43 48,225 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    Does anyone know if there is a material I can make canals out of? The dirt and most of the stone and sand blocks seem to lead to the water sort of trickling away, and even glass didn't seem to hold the water at a level.

Do I just have to dig deeper trenches between my bodies of water?
    iirc, pouring water from a bucket creates a water source, which flows from one place to another. I've not made any big water pools, but you can make "flat" water pools by pouring more than one bucket. For instance, if you have a trench of three blocks you'd need to pour water into the left-most block AND the right-most block in order to get three stable blocks of water.

Does that even make any sense? I could get my 9-year-old to explain it perfectly. :D

Edited by Blerk at 11:20:09 10-05-2012
  • agparrot 10 May 2012 11:21:55 11,903 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh, I also made a bucket with my Iron, so I might give that a go. It's full of milk at the moment, but I can maybe bake a cake or something.

Oh. My. God.
  • Page

of 69 First / Last

Previous