Soul Sacrifice Page 16

• Page

of 18 First / Last

• Gregolution 13 May 2013 18:21:54 3,164 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Me neither. I'm liking it more the further I get.
  • Deleted user 13 May 2013 21:54:15
    Just picked this up today. I'd be well on for trying out the multiplayer with some eurogamers at some point this week.
  • Flying_Pig 13 May 2013 23:22:51 10,684 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    hypoBla5t wrote:
    This is what I posted a few pages back, it's a rundown of boss element weaknesses and a guide on how to 'detonate' which is a really interesting and arguably essential mechanic, especially in later chapters.

http://uk.gamespot.com/soul-sacrifice/forum/monster-weaknesses-and-how-to-detonate-66093552/
    Thanks - useful stuff :)

Had a good play tonight - some of my offerings are starting to pack a real punch, although I'm still very early on in the game.

Playing one of the Other Sorcerer pacts - had the opportunity to sacrifice the fat one. Good fun, but then as it said his death was not consistent with the book, I'd have to re do that pact. Made me smile :)
  • Daeltaja 14 May 2013 10:03:46 1,034 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Things are getting tougher now, I'm really having to start considering my build. Loving it, but it seems its all about the eggs, quite a few offerings seem fairly redundant.

Endgame with voice coms and 4 friends with complementary builds, this game would/will truly shine.
  • Flying_Pig 14 May 2013 13:20:53 10,684 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Still early on - finished the Wicked Sorcerer side quest, so trying some more Avalon pacts - up against the Centaur next :D

2 things I just wanted to mention - I really like the look of the various arenas. I know they're quite small, but they're reasonably varied and look great

The other thing I particularly like is all of the detail in the Libron about the various archfiends etc - the Centaur one is excellent and definitely worth a read.
  • Gregolution 14 May 2013 14:31:00 3,164 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    have you guys experimented at all with the slightly more unusual offerings? I used that set yourself and target on fire thing - it's quite cool. Seems to do a lot of damage and you also get some flames of hell achievement towards your points.

There's a lot of options for speccing imo.
  • Flying_Pig 15 May 2013 23:18:38 10,684 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Progress!

Up to the 2* battles now. The Elven Queen was a bitch, but got her eventually :)

Also feeling more positive about fusing and my offerings. Managed to get a few detonations too :)

Anyone else have issues with running out of offerings mid-battle? I know you can refresh them by finding the special locations, but I just wonder if I'm doing something wrong...?
  • hypoBla5t 16 May 2013 07:33:52 1,359 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sacrificing enemies refills them too. Generally speaking though, as you progress your offerings will become stronger and you'll get more uses for them too. Keep pushing on for now!!
  • Flying_Pig 16 May 2013 10:45:23 10,684 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @hypoBla5t - thanks. Didn't know about sacrificing enemies to re-fill your Offerings :)

Had the 2 Jack O-Lantern battle this morning. It didn't go well, not helped by one of my allies getting 'killed' about 3 times during the battle. Maybe I'll just sacrifice him next time >:D

Need to boost my ice/frost offerings, perhaps...
  • Gregolution 16 May 2013 10:46:53 3,164 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Where the hell do I get miserly se+ and glacial se+?

I'm totally addicted to this game. Getting all my sigils and fusing offerings is consuming my brain!
  • hypoBla5t 16 May 2013 12:47:23 1,359 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Gregolution

To me, they sound like stronger versions of the rats made of money and the orcs made of ice, but wouldn't bet my life on it.

RE: Sacrificing NPCs, I used to be careful with it but I've become quite ruthless now, it does loads of damage and it's invaluable when you're fighting solo. Usually keep 1 alive to res you in case something stupid happens. Even sacrificed a few people online against their will for the greater good(!!)
  • Flying_Pig 16 May 2013 13:29:55 10,684 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @hypoBla5t - I guess I don't want to Sacrifice a NPC, losing them in future Pacts and making the game too difficult for myself (it's not exactly easy as it is). But then I assume I could go back and re-do it the Pact, saving them...?

I'm enjoying this game far more than MH or anything similar. I like the dark feel to it, and am starting to get the slightly larger arenas.

Just on the cusp of 3* Pacts.

In terms of Fusing - I'm holding off fusing until I need a new weapon of a particular element. I'm trying to avoid grinding for certain Offerings.
  • Gregolution 16 May 2013 13:57:33 3,164 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I"ve started to go back to get certain essence to unlock sigils but not required much real grinding. I hate grinding so that's quite nice ;)

I've unlocked some 5 stars now... going to have a crack at one.
  • hypoBla5t 16 May 2013 15:23:48 1,359 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Flying_Pig

Forgot to mention, you can pay about 30 lacrimal to get them back afterwards. Well worth it IMO.
  • Murbal 16 May 2013 15:29:24 21,921 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    gnnngh
  • Flying_Pig 17 May 2013 16:25:59 10,684 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This Soul Sacrifice Wiki looks pretty good

Only just found it, though...

Edit: Actually, having looked at it in more detail, it's a bit thin in some places...

Edited by Flying_Pig at 16:28:04 17-05-2013
  • Flying_Pig 20 May 2013 21:26:10 10,684 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yay - double Jack O'Lantern done. Had to sacrifice an ally to do it, but it wa so worth it!

Cyclops up next :D

I'm concerned that I'm still quite reliant on my early offerings, although have got some Eggs and Golems to help me out.
  • OmniaVincitAmor 21 May 2013 08:12:42 1,514 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Finally picked this up yesterday. Haven't got a clue what is going on but I like it. Seems it is all magic based. But definitely like it even though I'm baffled.

Defeat is not getting knocked down, but refusing to get back up.

• Flying_Pig 21 May 2013 09:03:29 10,684 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @OmniaVincitAmor - yes, all magic based, with your spells primarily set by your Offerings (you can do this ahead of each fight).

The first Sortiana (?) battles are essentially a tutorial, so you should develop a clearer understanding of the game through these.

Elemental magic is key.
  • Murbal 21 May 2013 09:04:49 21,921 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Flying_Pig how you getting on? Would you... Recommend it? To me? ;-)
  • Flying_Pig 21 May 2013 09:25:00 10,684 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Murbal - In the context that I thought Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (I think that was the one I played) was tiresome and plodding, I am really enjoying Soul Sacrifice.

I reckon I'm about 1/3rd of the way through (doing 4* battles now) and really getting into the detail around Offerings (Spells) and Sigils (Buffs). There's definitely some depth to this, and as you progress you really need to start thinking about your Offerings and Allies (NPCs).

My negative views around this are that it can be a tad frustrating when you're struggling to defeat some of the Archfiends (mini-bosses), and there's no exploration or journey. It's primarily arrive in arena (some are pretty large and very well put together), fight monsters, win.

I would certainly recommend it - it's currently exceeding my expectations - and it's definitely one of the Vita's best exclusive games.

That said, if you've already got a ton of stuff to play on the Vita, it might make sense to hold out to see if this hits PS+ (unlikely for at least 6 months) and/or drops in price...?
  • Murbal 21 May 2013 09:32:47 21,921 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm successfully holding back, but I think I will definitely try it eventually. Got through May without any additions to my backlog bar the PS+ stuff; I'm definitely going to try and actually finish up a couple of games before getting anything else.
  • dudewheresmybrain 23 May 2013 08:19:55 657 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm on the carnivorous slime level, 2-3 I think, but finding it tough to beat. I'm level 4/6ish. Should I be doing more sides to level more or am I just crap?
  • Gregolution 23 May 2013 13:42:17 3,164 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Try a few different loadouts. Slime is fairly hard to escape damage so make sure you have some +def sigils.
  • Flying_Pig 23 May 2013 14:54:09 10,684 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I usually focus on the ranged Offerings for the Slimes. Eggs are great, and I think you'll have one by now.

Also Archfiend fights tend to be much tougher that the regular ones, so you could try a few of those too.
  • Help_me 24 May 2013 11:00:33 939 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I booted this up this morning and my save file was not loading. Tried starting a new game and stupidly overwrote the save file. I had finished the game too and now I have to start all over again. Nevermind, I will change the way I do things this time!
  • Flying_Pig 24 May 2013 11:03:54 10,684 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Help_me - can you not just download your previous save from the Cloud?

/Assumes you're on PS+
  • Help_me 24 May 2013 11:14:12 939 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Flying_Pig Not on plus! Doesn't matter. It's good enough to play again. Just not today as I'm angry about being so stupid!
  • Daeltaja 28 May 2013 10:04:16 1,034 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Up into 7 star Avalon Pacts now, its getting tough. Ive been playing since launch and what I love about it is despite not playing it for over a week, it was so easy to just jump back into it last night, all thanks to the way the game was designed.
  • Flying_Pig 28 May 2013 14:04:10 10,684 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm doing the 5* Avalon Pacts ATM, and continuing to find the Archfiend ones tough, but the ones with regular monsters (Orcs, Goblins, Spiders etc) remain straightforward.

I think I've also completed the first 2 Magusar sections, but am holding back commencing the 3rd one (straight into a 5* battle) until I've done a few more Avalon Pacts and improved my offerings.

In terms of total completion times - I'm at about 13 hours and am assuming single player is about 25 hours in total?
  • Page

of 18 First / Last