FIFA 13 Page 31

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• THFourteen 10 Oct 2012 10:42:56 33,095 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah thanks for the info guys. I can also see myself getting attached to my players too... played 3 games last night and Mackie scored 4 goals for me, what a demon! Don't want to drop him.

I guess coins spent on contracts are seen as a waste though?

Also is it better to go for the packs with 3 rares, or just the normal packs to begin with
  • L_Franko Moderator 10 Oct 2012 10:51:33 9,694 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Crap, I just found the website for the UT but had to turn it off sharpish because I'm at work and I could probably spend the rest of the morning pissing about on there :)

Must do work!
  • binky Moderator 10 Oct 2012 11:05:02 9,560 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've spent all of the morning pissing around on there.
    Send help.
  • THFourteen 10 Oct 2012 11:15:49 33,095 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    IIRC there was meant to be an ipad / android app for this

did i miss it?
  • L_Franko Moderator 10 Oct 2012 11:31:46 9,694 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There is an iphone/pad app but the android app is still being worked on from what I hear.
  • Deleted user 10 October 2012 11:36:34
    L_Franko wrote:
    So I started a UT last night only I think I was a bit slow to understand what it is all about. I did notice that players only stay with you for about 7 games at the most so I'm guessing that selling and buying new players is a very regular thing? I did notice that there were attributes you could attach to players that extend their contract but I used the three I had up already (probably a stupid thing to do) and now I have no idea if I can buy more or not.
    Is there a way to keep a player or players you really get on with for longer or is it a case of when their time is up that is it and you need to put them up for transfer?

Once I know all the ins and outs of this mode I can see myself really getting on with it. Had to drag myself away last night while trying to build up my midfield in the transfer market.
    It is like Pokemon for the lads!
    A few year back when FUT started you actually lost the player. Thankfully he just can't play until you give him a contract card now.
    You can buy them pretty cheaply but you always get a few in every gold pack.

It's addictive as hell isn't it? :)
  • Deleted user 10 October 2012 11:39:54
    What's everyone's FUT team name?

Mines - Inter yer mam :)

Edited by NeverEatYellowSnow at 11:44:47 10-10-2012
  • L_Franko Moderator 10 Oct 2012 11:44:25 9,694 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My team name is Drum FC because I was rolling a fag when the option to name it came up.
  • Deleted user 10 October 2012 11:46:08
    @L_Franko

I was thinking 'Haven't got a Kalou'
  • Zomoniac 10 Oct 2012 12:02:08 7,820 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mine is Zomoniac. I'm quite the original.

How's everyone's team shaping up? I've gone with a 433 all-Premiership (or English) setup. Got the game for the stupidly cheap Hut offer so didn't mind spending a tenner on UT packs, but that's my lot now. Most of them were shit though (though I did get Pirlo in my welcome pack who I flogged for about 27k, and got Yaya Toure in a pack, but otherwise my entire team other than Sinclair and Toure were bought with the proceeds from Pirlo, it's a cheap but effective line-up).

GK - Mark Schwarzer
    LB - Keiran Richardson
    CB - Brede Hangeland
    CB - John Heitinga
    RB - Glen Johnson
    CM - Yaya Toure
    CM - Leon Britton
    CM - David Beckham
    LW - Scott Sinclair
    ST - Shane Long
    RW - Theo Walcott

Sinclair, Long and Walcott have 89, 88 and 96 respectively for speed so I can counter very quickly. Team rating 79 (4.5 star), chemistry 100.
  • neilqpr 10 Oct 2012 12:06:40 2,838 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I should probably get back to this. I got an upgrade to the Ultimate Team edition for free from my friendly indie retailer so I've 15 gold packs to fill the ranks of Sparta Bowles.
  • THFourteen 10 Oct 2012 12:06:57 33,095 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hooray Henrys
  • captbirdseye 10 Oct 2012 12:27:38 4,835 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @THFourteen Contracts always trade for pennies. I would be careful with UT though as you get A LOT of price fixing going on between players who have millions of coins.

Keep an eye out for Happy Hour on packs (usually a friday but EA twitter lets you know) which are cheaper and give you more of a chance of pulling out a top player.
  • captbirdseye 10 Oct 2012 12:34:54 4,835 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Zomoniac I'd replace Hangeland and Heitinga with Kaboul and Luiz otherwise a pacey front 2 will tear you apart at the back.

GK-Howard
    LB- Santon
    CB -M'bia
    CB - Kaboul
    RB- Johnson
    CM-Arteta
    CM- Fellani
    CM-Sahin
    RF- Walcott
    LF- Sinclair
    ST - Carroll

Also, custom tactics are really useful and you can change your formation to anything you want.
  • elephantjuice 10 Oct 2012 13:14:34 646 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    GK - Friedel
    LB - Kolarov
    CB - Terry
    CB - Hangeland
    RB - Ivanovic
    CM - Fellaini (IF)
    CM - Arteta
    CM - Lampard
    LW - Dempsey
    RW - Valencia
    ST - Torres

Bench - Schwarzer, Huth, Scholes, Ben Arfa, Berbatov.

Got 150k in the bank and can't decide whether or not to keep upgrading this squad or try something else. A Senegal silver squad could be fun.
  • L_Franko Moderator 10 Oct 2012 13:40:29 9,694 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My team is very new so I'm still trying to get an idea of what I want but I'm going to stick with a 5-2-1-5 fomation for a bit and see how I get on.
    Going to go buy three new players to fit in with the formation but they will be super cheap as I've only got about 1,500 to spend at the mo.
    4 games away from finishing my first league and only need 1 more point to win everything in that league so should have some more cash to spend later on toinght.

Is there a difficulty set to each game of a season in FUT becasue every time I check difficulty it sees me be different even though I change it to Pro every game.
  • THFourteen 10 Oct 2012 14:31:47 33,095 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    Is there a difficulty set to each game of a season in FUT becasue every time I check difficulty it sees me be different even though I change it to Pro every game.
    AHa

that would make sense

my introductory match yesterday was piss easy i won it 5-1
  • Deleted user 10 October 2012 14:44:08
    L_Franko wrote:
    My team is very new so I'm still trying to get an idea of what I want but I'm going to stick with a 5-2-1-5 fomation for a bit and see how I get on.
    Going to go buy three new players to fit in with the formation but they will be super cheap as I've only got about 1,500 to spend at the mo.
    4 games away from finishing my first league and only need 1 more point to win everything in that league so should have some more cash to spend later on toinght.

With that formation I can't see you losing to be fair ;)
  • L_Franko Moderator 10 Oct 2012 14:47:20 9,694 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've been rushing my posting today because of work.

I meant to say my formation is 5-2-1-2 :)
  • askew 10 Oct 2012 14:52:17 12,146 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    First time I've bothered with UT, thanks to you fuckers! (It was an add-on for 11, while I could never figure out the contracts aspect with 12).

Hooked!
  • L_Franko Moderator 10 Oct 2012 15:14:14 9,694 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Don't use the website. I'm expecting to get fired by the end of the week.
  • binky Moderator 10 Oct 2012 15:23:00 9,560 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The website is scary addictive. I really need to stop.
    The website is brilliant! I really need to play more games to up my coin count.

Decided to run two squads now. One bronze and one gold. I've built up to 100% chemistry with gold now, choosing all prem players.

Will hoover up the single player tournaments with bronze requirements and then move on to using the gold squad. Happy days!

If anyone wants to add me as an xbox friend so we can play or even trade cards add GT: Binksy.
  • Deleted user 10 October 2012 15:38:00
    Inter Yer Mam

De gea - GK
    Baines - LB
    Dawson - CB
    Cahill - CB
    Walker - RB
    Essien - CDM
    Fellaini - CDM
    Beckham - CAM
    Bojan - CF
    Giggs - CAM
    Llorente - ST

Formation: 4 - 2 - 3 - 1

Squad players: Given, Ekotto, Rafeal, Smalling, Jones, Rodwell, Parker, Ramsey, Cleverley, Rossi, Berbatov, Carroll.

Team rating: 79-80
    Chemistry 94-100
    Based on selection

Can't wait to get on it tonight and continue my push for div 3 promotion!!!
  • askew 10 Oct 2012 16:05:05 12,146 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    binky wrote:
    The website is scary addictive. I really need to stop.
    The website is brilliant! I really need to play more games to up my coin count.

Decided to run two squads now. One bronze and one gold. I've built up to 100% chemistry with gold now, choosing all prem players.

Will hoover up the single player tournaments with bronze requirements and then move on to using the gold squad. Happy days!

If anyone wants to add me as an xbox friend so we can play or even trade cards add GT: Binksy.
    Added! (hooray for Xbox Live app on WP7)
  • SolidSCB 10 Oct 2012 17:32:12 6,510 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Anyone got any recommendations for the best difficulty to play career on? Been playing on Professional but I find the AI play far too deep all the time.
  • Emth 10 Oct 2012 17:36:20 131 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Web app is killing my productivity too. Highlights include getting a Vucinic with 90 games on his contract for 1500 coins.

He's scored 12 goals in 7 games online. Division 3 tonight!
  • SolidSCB 10 Oct 2012 19:09:54 6,510 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    0-0
    0-0
    0-0
    1-0
    0-0
    0-0
    0-0
    1-0
    0-1
    0-0
    0-0
    0-0
    1-0

It's like playing Chelsea in the Champions League every single game. Why make the game faster when you still have the same sluggish power bars where it takes an age to play a simple pass? Pure arse. Looking like another year without a decent footie game.
  • Deleted user 10 October 2012 19:17:27
    SolidSCB wrote:
    0-0
    0-0
    0-0
    1-0
    0-0
    0-0
    0-0
    1-0
    0-1
    0-0
    0-0
    0-0
    1-0

It's like playing Chelsea in the Champions League every single game. Why make the game faster when you still have the same sluggish power bars where it takes an age to play a simple pass? Pure arse. Looking like another year without a decent footie game.

1-2 loss world class
    1-0 win legendary
    0-2 loss world class
    2-0 win world class
    0-2 loss legendary
    2-1 win legendary
    1-0 win world class
    1-1 legendary

This is on ultimate team division 3 seasons offline play, haven't had a boring game yet. Division 4 and Division 5 pretty much the same. Lots of chances both ends.

Maybe give FUT a go.

Edited by NeverEatYellowSnow at 19:18:04 10-10-2012
  • SolidSCB 10 Oct 2012 19:24:20 6,510 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's not even the goals I'm really arsed about. I just want a fair, realistic game of football without all of the blatant rubber banding. Playing the AI is awful. They sit deep all game and you're left to either shoot from range or try and catch them on the break and hope your players run onto through balls without stuttering. It just feels so laboured. The button lag feels at an all time high with the increased game pace and it just doesn't work with so little time on the ball. I can't count the amount of times I've been clean through and been tackled at the last second because the power bar takes an age to get going.
  • Page

of 40 First / Last