FIFA 13 Page 30

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• SolidSCB 9 Oct 2012 15:14:59 5,839 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just got this. Had about 3 games and it still feels a bit labored and sluggish, but definitely plays better than the last one. Also, my players control the ball like arse. Is there something I should be doing on the first touch? I've used the right stick a bit but they knock it a bit too far for it to be useful in regular situations.
  • Deleted user 9 October 2012 15:51:12
    I use the LT to control the ball, try to stay away from the sprint button
  • Emth 9 Oct 2012 16:38:30 130 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So addicted to FUT... I got the game for 31, surely that means I'm allowed to drop a bit of cash on FIFA points right? Surely...
  • wayneh 9 Oct 2012 16:45:35 2,198 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Emth Don't do it!!!! Learn to trade on the market rather than spending real money.

Act like a dumbshit and they will treat you as an equal

• mikew1985 9 Oct 2012 16:49:09 12,083 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The ball control thing isn't particularly something new, it just makes much more of a difference in this version.

Far too many just spammed the sprint button in older versions of Fifa, do it here and you'll invariably have a heavy touch somewhere in the middle of the park, allowing the opposition to get a tackle in.

I love it as i used LT to take the ball in anyway. Always seemed to give you better control imo.
  • SolidSCB 9 Oct 2012 17:05:58 5,839 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I almost never use the sprint button, especially when I'm passing it around. Was just having one too many heavy touches. LT seems to have solved that problem though. Cheers.
  • mikew1985 9 Oct 2012 17:08:36 12,083 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yes, sprint is much more useful to accelerate quickly away from your marker or obviously where you've played a ball behind the defence.
  • Deleted user 9 October 2012 19:01:58
    My game keeps crashing when i try to load up manager mode. Doesnt matter anyway im not really getting on with it so was thinking of trading.
  • SolidSCB 9 Oct 2012 21:40:45 5,839 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Experiencing exactly the same delayed actions, random cancelling and players stuttering and refusing to latch onto a free ball that has plagued the other Fifa games. Shame as there is a really great game here that is so close to being uncovered.
  • Deleted user 9 October 2012 22:19:22
    SolidSCB wrote:
    Experiencing exactly the same delayed actions, random cancelling and players stuttering and refusing to latch onto a free ball that has plagued the other Fifa games. Shame as there is a really great game here that is so close to being uncovered.
    Are you sure you're not playing Fifa 12 ;)

Can't see nothing but the beautiful game here :)
  • SolidSCB 9 Oct 2012 22:39:58 5,839 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's been in every Fifa ever. It makes the game frustrating as fuck. Really noticeable button delay (although this is more to do with the sluggish power bars TBH) and players refusing to continue a run and stalling when through balls are played. The rubber banding in this game has always been really noticeable and it just makes for a frustrating time of it sometimes. I'm not moaning because I can't score, I'm getting my fair share, but I can't ignore all of the bollocks that goes on in between.
  • Deleted user 9 October 2012 22:43:02
    SolidSCB wrote:
    It's been in every Fifa ever. It makes the game frustrating as fuck. Really noticeable button delay (although this is more to do with the sluggish power bars TBH) and players refusing to continue a run and stalling when through balls are played. The rubber banding in this game has always been really noticeable and it just makes for a frustrating time of it sometimes. I'm not moaning because I can't score, I'm getting my fair share, but I can't ignore all of the bollocks that goes on in between.
    PES is good this year fella. Give that a whirl if this doesn't float your boat. Personally I'm loving it, sounds like we are playing two completely different versions of the game. This years is fantastic IMHO.

At least you have a choice ;)

Edited by NeverEatYellowSnow at 22:43:30 09-10-2012
  • Deleted user 9 October 2012 22:48:07
    SolidSCB wrote:
    Finding it exactly the same, it's getting really frustrating now.
  • Deleted user 9 October 2012 22:56:54
    A stuttering start to life in FUT seasons div 3, won 2 lost 2.
    Really impressed with the variety of goals I've been scoring. Movement is fantastic also, overlapping runs, bending runs to stay onside etc... All without the need to spam the give and go button.

Think I may struggle for promotion need 12 points from 6 games

Legendary
    Legendary
    World class
    Legendary
    Professional
    Legendary

Not looking good! :D

Edited by NeverEatYellowSnow at 22:57:32 09-10-2012
  • Deleted user 10 October 2012 00:22:03
    With 2 games to go I've secured Div 3 safety and need to win my final 2 games to clinch promotion!
    Stopped the rot with 2 wins and a draw in my last 3 games.

Loving the skill games on this too. :)
  • THFourteen 10 Oct 2012 07:00:06 31,816 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Getting back into this now. Realised that my issue with game speed was down to my system settings, limiting to 60fps and using vsync and switching game speed to slow seems to have done the trick now!

Started playing FUT last night, not a mode I've used much, but damn its addictive

One thing I don't get, is it good to have a team full of bronzes or should I just make the best team I can?

Also why are there so few 442 players :-(
  • binky Moderator 10 Oct 2012 09:12:18 9,236 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @THFourteen So few 442 players because it's one of those formation that everyone uses. To get the best value you need a formation that's a bit different from what I can see.

I've created 3 squads (although I will whittle down to two squads). A bronze squad, silver and gold squad. The best thing to aim for (from what I've seen) is to get a good chemistry. Players that like the formation, play in the same league as those around them, and are in their favourite position all add to chemistry.
  • andijames 10 Oct 2012 09:23:55 2,618 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This game's totally clicked with me now. All of a sudden my control isn't as bad as the Incredible Hulk on rag week and the game is flowing much more smoothly. Strange how it all just drops into place all of a sudden sometimes. Thanks for the tips round here though about choosing which foot to control with etc ;) and the good ole super cancel! All comes in handy!

Now.. the quest for Seasons supremacy awaits once more!

vivir el momento

• Zomoniac 10 Oct 2012 09:31:25 7,402 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Also why are there so few 442 players :-(
    Formation modifiers cost a fortune, yet don't seem to increase the value of players on the auction house, so I just get my players by searching for ones that are the right formation, there's always a ton that have been done already.
  • Zizoo 10 Oct 2012 09:48:04 7,707 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I see a feature in career mode is your best player wanting to leave the club. It happened to me with Rossi wanting to leave Villarreal.

It's pretty difficult to stop them leaving. It's one thing Ronaldo wanting out of Real Madrid, but Messi also requests to leave Barcelona.
  • L_Franko Moderator 10 Oct 2012 09:48:39 9,690 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So I started a UT last night only I think I was a bit slow to understand what it is all about. I did notice that players only stay with you for about 7 games at the most so I'm guessing that selling and buying new players is a very regular thing? I did notice that there were attributes you could attach to players that extend their contract but I used the three I had up already (probably a stupid thing to do) and now I have no idea if I can buy more or not.
    Is there a way to keep a player or players you really get on with for longer or is it a case of when their time is up that is it and you need to put them up for transfer?

Once I know all the ins and outs of this mode I can see myself really getting on with it. Had to drag myself away last night while trying to build up my midfield in the transfer market.
    It is like Pokemon for the lads!
  • Zomoniac 10 Oct 2012 09:53:06 7,402 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    When you buy a pack you get three or four contract cards with it, and they can be bought for 150 coins on the store. The shiny gold ones give a 24 match extension.
  • L_Franko Moderator 10 Oct 2012 09:59:57 9,690 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    When you buy a pack you get three or four contract cards with it, and they can be bought for 150 coins on the store. The shiny gold ones give a 24 match extension.
    Awesome, cheers for that. My problem is that I can get quite attached to players in my team and knowing there is a way to keep them around for longer is good news.
  • binky Moderator 10 Oct 2012 10:01:31 9,236 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    It is like Pokemon for the lads!
    I've just emailed this to my ex colleagues at EA. That's box quote material right there! :D
  • L_Franko Moderator 10 Oct 2012 10:10:19 9,690 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Heh. They can have that one for free :)
  • Buenos_Estente 10 Oct 2012 10:18:18 266 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Birthday passed and despite the hints no Fifa 13 so have to buy it myself ... any good deals on the PS3 version anywhere?

3ds - 3909-7778-4988 / Xbox live - Buenos E
    PSN/NNID - Buenos1980

• Page

of 40 First / Last