FIFA 13 Page 28

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• THFourteen 8 Oct 2012 06:58:24 33,428 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Heh won an amazing 3-2 seasons game last night

I could.just picture the other fellows face as I scored my 88th minute winner with Giroud
  • binky Moderator 8 Oct 2012 09:18:02 9,632 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Lots more FUT for me this weekend, and even a spot of Pro Seasons with 2 friends. We're playing as locked players, but everyone we seem to go up against is using the "ANY" option. Good fun though.

I've even bought FIFA points.

*shame mode*
  • Zizoo 8 Oct 2012 09:24:22 8,378 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Career Mode for me all weekend. Really enjoying it now. I have managed to avoid all glitches so far and the gameplay feels great on slow. Pissed off that I'll probably have to start over when a patch comes out.
  • captbirdseye 8 Oct 2012 09:28:57 4,982 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    binky wrote:
    Lots more FUT for me this weekend, and even a spot of Pro Seasons with 2 friends. We're playing as locked players, but everyone we seem to go up against is using the "ANY" option. Good fun though.

I've even bought FIFA points.

*shame mode*
    I enjoyed last years FUT, but this year it just feels like Fifa on steroids where the only way to compete is through constant pace abuse. i Forget the amount of times i've come up against people who just rinse and repeat lofted through balls and there is nothing your defence can do about it (last year you could play deep defence but this year it makes no difference).

I'm finding h2h a much better option this year and even offline is enjoyable for once.
  • fergal_oc 8 Oct 2012 09:31:06 2,763 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Right so this is my first attempt at FUT. In all the years of playing Fifa it's always been online ranked as city but I thought sod it lets give this a go.

So... get my team sorted out, buy a few packs and start playing some games.

WTF is going on with the ranking? I mean I'm constantly coming up against teams with gold players, 80+ whereas I'm stuck with my 60odd munchkins.

I have managed to win a few games and I love imagining what the other person is feeling when their team of superstars beats my team by the odd solitary goal but I'm not winning enough to improve, only earning enough coins to keep my current squad in contract. I've even forgone giving my manager a contract now.

Do you have to spend to get a decent team? It seems crazy that there are no other similarly spec'd squads out there. Yes I'm being grump, and cheap but I refuse to spend more money on a game that I've already lumped out for. HRUMPH!
  • captbirdseye 8 Oct 2012 09:37:27 4,982 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @fergal_oc

Ranking is really all over the place at the moment and i've played people (got 85* team) with totally bronze teams. I gather the system searches for similar teams but just craps out after a few seconds and pits you against whoever it sees fit. You could also just play the bronze cups, silver cups etc.

Normally spend about 10 pound on packs and then play the market buying contracts, formations etc and pricing fixing them which brings in a bit of cash over the long run.
  • binky Moderator 8 Oct 2012 09:48:45 9,632 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @captbirdseye To be fair, I've only played FUT offline seasons. Have 3 squads on the go, a bronze silver and gold. Really enjoying the management of it as much as playing the games to be honest.

Two things that I'm not sure about though:

1) The difficulty rating. How comes one minute you're playing Amateur and the next Professional?

2) If I bring on a sub during FUT, does that use up one of their contracts?
  • Gartt 8 Oct 2012 09:56:35 1,740 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    binky wrote:

Yea, it still uses a contract so its not really worth using subs, just rotate players every 2-3 games.
  • fergal_oc 8 Oct 2012 09:58:37 2,763 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cheers @captbirdseye

That at least makes a little more sense. I didn't realise that's what the different cups meant. I've only been playing the Seasons so maybe it's time to drop back a little.

Does anyone know what the ultimate edition gave you regarding FUT?
  • askew 8 Oct 2012 10:01:13 12,272 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There's no way to request a sub in Career mode is there? I'm always getting to the 75 minute mark and am blowing chunks, such that I can't get into position and get marked down! :S
  • captbirdseye 8 Oct 2012 10:07:30 4,982 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    fergal_oc wrote:
    Cheers @captbirdseye

That at least makes a little more sense. I didn't realise that's what the different cups meant. I've only been playing the Seasons so maybe it's time to drop back a little.

Does anyone know what the ultimate edition gave you regarding FUT?
    Cups are the better option at the moment what with match making being awful. Keep an eye out for special cups as well (EA put up certain cups for 2-5 days for coins etc)

Ultimate gives you 24 gold packs over the course of 24 weeks.
  • captbirdseye 8 Oct 2012 10:09:58 4,982 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    binky wrote:
    @captbirdseye To be fair, I've only played FUT offline seasons. Have 3 squads on the go, a bronze silver and gold. Really enjoying the management of it as much as playing the games to be honest.

Two things that I'm not sure about though:

1) The difficulty rating. How comes one minute you're playing Amateur and the next Professional?

1) I have noticed this year that the difficulty goes up the further you get.

2) I wouldn't really worry about using contracts up as the market is flooded with them constantly and they usually cost about 150 coins.
  • binky Moderator 8 Oct 2012 12:04:51 9,632 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    hmm that's a fair comment and bronze players are ten a penny anyway I guess.

Think I need to concentrate on getting a team around a fixed formation, seems like that would be a key way of upping the chemistry.
  • Deleted user 8 October 2012 12:20:35
    Really wish there was an option to press the back button to request making a sub during online play.
    Once the ball goes out of play both sides know that a substitute is going to happen.
    All this pressing start in the middle of the match does my head in.
  • captbirdseye 8 Oct 2012 12:29:31 4,982 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    binky wrote:
    hmm that's a fair comment and bronze players are ten a penny anyway I guess.

Think I need to concentrate on getting a team around a fixed formation, seems like that would be a key way of upping the chemistry.
    Careful with picking formations as prices for players are ridiculous in some (ie 41212 are really overpriced). The best formations for prices and play are either 352 or 4321.
  • binky Moderator 8 Oct 2012 12:32:45 9,632 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @captbirdseye Yeah I noticed that, I'm hoping that 4231 will be ok to move forward with.
  • binky Moderator 8 Oct 2012 12:34:02 9,632 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @NeverEatYellowSnow I think it was the first 360 FIFA, the road to the world cup one, that had an in-game subs button. It was either Back or Up on the digital pad. Can't recall. Either way, it was a good thing and I'm confused as to why it's been omitted ever since.
  • L_Franko Moderator 8 Oct 2012 12:56:51 9,694 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Probably going to go and buy this after work as I've been craving a football game for a while now and I missed out the last two versions of Fifa.
    I doubt very much that I'll be playing any games online for a bit as there is a lot of rust that needs working out and I quite want to see Southampton as the league champions :)
  • THFourteen 8 Oct 2012 12:56:53 33,428 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    askew wrote:
    There's no way to request a sub in Career mode is there? I'm always getting to the 75 minute mark and am blowing chunks, such that I can't get into position and get marked down! :S
    you lazy fat git

Are you modelled on Arshavin?
  • askew 8 Oct 2012 13:01:56 12,272 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Haha - pretty much! (I'm hoping fitness/stamina improves as I level up...)
  • Emth 8 Oct 2012 17:39:39 132 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    fergal_oc wrote:
    Right so this is my first attempt at FUT. In all the years of playing Fifa it's always been online ranked as city but I thought sod it lets give this a go.

So... get my team sorted out, buy a few packs and start playing some games.

WTF is going on with the ranking? I mean I'm constantly coming up against teams with gold players, 80+ whereas I'm stuck with my 60odd munchkins.

I have managed to win a few games and I love imagining what the other person is feeling when their team of superstars beats my team by the odd solitary goal but I'm not winning enough to improve, only earning enough coins to keep my current squad in contract. I've even forgone giving my manager a contract now.

Do you have to spend to get a decent team? It seems crazy that there are no other similarly spec'd squads out there. Yes I'm being grump, and cheap but I refuse to spend more money on a game that I've already lumped out for. HRUMPH!
    Yeah that happened to me the first game, hah. So I decided to play some of the offline tournaments to raise a bit of capital, after a few days my team is now looking pretty sexual, 80 average rating and 100 chem (Serie A). I found playing team of the week on World Class isn't usually too difficult either and will net you a decent haul.

You can get some really decent gold players for about 350-400 gold which will quick sell for ~300 when out of contracts (sometimes you can be sneaky and sell them on the market when they have 1 game left), which is usually cheaper than buying contracts.
  • Deleted user 8 October 2012 18:15:27
    binky wrote:
    @NeverEatYellowSnow I think it was the first 360 FIFA, the road to the world cup one, that had an in-game subs button. It was either Back or Up on the digital pad. Can't recall. Either way, it was a good thing and I'm confused as to why it's been omitted ever since.
    I think PES 4 had it on the PC

Just a stupid way of making subs, can't understand for the life of me as to why they think the current system works. Especially playing randoms online, it just gets abused!

Played a full season offline in FUT last night as well as 5 more games in Div 4, the difference in difficulty is very noticeable from professional, world class and legendary. I'm still undefeated but had some immense games. I know it's not everyone's cuppa tea but the pace of the games is something I really enjoy. Tbh I'm more a multiplayer man but thrilled to bits with offline.

Searching for players with coins burning a hole in my pocket is almost as good as playing :)
  • Maturin 8 Oct 2012 18:22:16 3,000 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've always been pretty good at FIFA. And in 13 I can defend very well and attack up the pitch too.

But scoring? I'm terrible. So often I get the ball with my back to goal and the opposition with everyone behind the ball. Finding space hard to come by, and time to shoot.

Anyone give me some tips? Pretty embarrassed given I've always thought I was good at this and been playing since FIFA 94. :/
  • greg_wha 8 Oct 2012 19:46:39 192 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Right guys; I need some advice. I got 13 for PS3 last Friday, I missed out on 12 so my last version was 11 and I was pretty decent, nowt special but I'd win as many as I lost. My Seasons online form on 13 is utterly shit. It reads a feeble 1-3-9. I'm getting to grips with the tactical defending I think, practise makes perfect an all and I'm past getting battered 5-0.

Just played as United Vs. Bayern and he utterly dominated for a 2-0 win. His closing down and tackling was amazing. His strikers followed my defenders like glue and my midfield was absolutely wide open to through balls. I've got no idea what I'm doing wrong. Is jockeying / containing the key? I'm getting the impression I'm not uber shit but the players I'm facing are FAR better than me; in Division 10!!! Any ideas?

I play using the d-pad and Pro Ev controls. Is 360 degree movement and passing absolutely essential? Can't get used to playing with the Dual Shock anolog; doesn't feel right.

Also, is there anyway to avoid kit clashes in the Seasons mode? I seem to have to pick my kit before I know who I'm facing.

Cheers in advance.
  • Maturin 8 Oct 2012 19:59:26 3,000 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    They look cool. Thanks for that I'll have a go at the adboards.
  • L_Franko Moderator 9 Oct 2012 10:15:17 9,694 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ended up picking grabbing a copy of this last night.
    First thing I noticed was all the game types, there seems to be loads. This might be down to the fact I am unfamiliar with Fifa now so quite a lot of things might be making it back from 12.

After spending a while adding in codes and reading various stuff I thought I'd go for a normal career becuase I know where I stand with that and chose to manage Southampton. Play 3 warm up games on semi-pro which I thought was a little easy after the first game so put it up to Pro for the two league games I played. That was better and even though I lost my first game to MC because Balotelli scuffed a winner in the 90min to make it 2-1 I enjoyed it.
    I noticed some people talking about the speed of the games but for me it seemed about spot on. I am aware that my opinion may change as I put more time in but for now it is all good.

The little skill games that you can play while games are loading are a good bit of fun and not a bad way to learn the game. I was trying out the LT+RT dribbling for a while with increasing results.
    Are you able to play these at will from somewhere or are they just for the loading screens?

Like I said before I doubt I'll try online for a bit but once my skills have gone up a few notches I would like to give it a crack.

Overall I chuffed with my purchase and am looking forward to improving my skills as well as leading Southampton to some impressive wins :)
  • mikew1985 9 Oct 2012 10:29:25 12,741 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    greg_wha wrote:
    Right guys; I need some advice. I got 13 for PS3 last Friday, I missed out on 12 so my last version was 11 and I was pretty decent, nowt special but I'd win as many as I lost. My Seasons online form on 13 is utterly shit. It reads a feeble 1-3-9. I'm getting to grips with the tactical defending I think, practise makes perfect an all and I'm past getting battered 5-0.

Just played as United Vs. Bayern and he utterly dominated for a 2-0 win. His closing down and tackling was amazing. His strikers followed my defenders like glue and my midfield was absolutely wide open to through balls. I've got no idea what I'm doing wrong. Is jockeying / containing the key? I'm getting the impression I'm not uber shit but the players I'm facing are FAR better than me; in Division 10!!! Any ideas?

I play using the d-pad and Pro Ev controls. Is 360 degree movement and passing absolutely essential? Can't get used to playing with the Dual Shock anolog; doesn't feel right.

Also, is there anyway to avoid kit clashes in the Seasons mode? I seem to have to pick my kit before I know who I'm facing.

Cheers in advance.
    Well I'm a former div 1 player but I'm still in div 8 as I've simply not played enough games. I've lost only 2 so far and its just taking me a while to play enough to work my way up. Theres a good chance you're playing people way better than you.

People who are very good will always be closing off your open options, I'm very rarely sliding in or directly tackling the opposition myself, I'm usually cutting off their options and anticipating their passes.

You should still be getting the odd game where you're playing people of equal skill. Maybe try playing with 4 or 4 1/2 star teams instead of the top tier 5 star ones as well.
  • binky Moderator 9 Oct 2012 10:37:12 9,632 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Skill games are in the main menu, with LOADS to get through. I think the amount of choices really is rather overwhelming having been away for a year. Not the most intuitive UI either. Oh and don't get me started on the lack of a manual... grrr...

*I used to make the manuals
  • Page

of 40 First / Last