FIFA 13 Page 26

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• Deleted user 3 October 2012 09:44:05
    @Ilovechips

Thank you very much! :)
  • Deleted user 3 October 2012 09:46:41
    binky wrote:
    Think I'll stick to Seasons and FUT. Love that you can manage and trade your FUT on mac/pc/iphone. Genius touch.
    This is a great touch like!! :)
  • Ziz0u 3 Oct 2012 09:48:01 8,499 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I can't get into FUT on top of Career Mode. Is it really that great?
  • binky Moderator 3 Oct 2012 09:48:59 9,706 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @NeverEatYellowSnow It is indeed (EA Sports Football club, but I think you've got it now?) :)

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team << on the web
  • Deleted user 3 October 2012 10:04:19
    Yeah just downloaded the app. Cheers :)
  • ryohazuki1983 3 Oct 2012 10:36:30 735 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not really enjoying this years FIFA (although I tend to say that every year!) The game is just too fast paced, can't score a goal by decent build up, just either cross it in or shoot from long distance.

Online at the moment can be difficult to get a game, but that's probably just because so many people are on servers, sure EA will get it sorted at some point.

Wish I never put the online code in now, as I could of got my money back flogging it on ebay.
  • mikeck 3 Oct 2012 10:58:19 1,936 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think I'm really enjoying how challenging it can be to score in a game, I'm ten games into my career now and have only scored more than 2 goals in a game on two occasions (winning a friendly 5-1, and then beating Newcastle away on the opening day of the season 3-1).

Apart from that, whilst I have yet to not score in a game, I'm sort of enjoying the challenge. It's frustrating to really boss the game and not score bagfuls every match (but that's my shitty shooting), but at the same time, feels more realistic.

The game is noticeably quicker than 12, but not so much that it's a negative thing for me.
  • Ziz0u 3 Oct 2012 12:54:45 8,499 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is nobody else having an issue with contracts bugging in Career Mode?

Here's a thread I started on the EA forum which has had quite a few replies: http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/15/1975129.page

The latest post breaks it down pretty well:

Ok so I just tested it again. Here is exactly what happened:

I start with 23 players.
    16 need contracts renewed.
    I send need contracts that will keep them for more than a year (years vary).
    11 accept after a couple days, then 2 more and then 2 more a few days apart.
    Total 15 accepted with one declining.
    I send him another contract and he accepts.

Simulate to next season with repeated warnings about 7 players needing contract renewals, all of which have -1 years and 2 months left but I am unable to offer new contracts.

End season and I am down to 17 players which means 6 were missing.
    4 turn out to be some of the players with -1 years and 2 months left.
    But strangely, two are gone that had contracts that didn't even need to be renewed!

I had also just signed them at the start of the previous season.

It's very odd. I'm not sure I want to carry on with career mode until theres a patch as usually they require you start a clean save but we'll just have to wait and see I guess.
    So don't get too invested as it actually seems more widespread than I initially thought. Hopefully you guys will get lucky though!
  • Bmovie 3 Oct 2012 13:04:57 906 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So is it currently unsafe to start a long Career mode game? As per usual upon release.
  • Ziz0u 3 Oct 2012 13:11:52 8,499 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's easy enough to test some what. Start your career, and go renew a couple of player's contracts (ideally those with a year remaining) and you'll see straight away if their number of years remaining is what it should be (eg 3 years) or bugged : -1 year 11 months etc

Unfortunately this isn't fool proof as the bug sometimes only happnens at the end of a season, and as my post above states - even players with perfectly good contracts disappear for no apparent reason.
  • BTBAM 3 Oct 2012 21:33:12 1,611 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I was really excited about my pro. I loved being player manage as my pro but now I can't - very annoying! Wish I could play with my pro in other offline games, which also sucks.

Final nail in the coffin is that I can't (seemingly) change my pro's position midway through a season or at any point! Im a striker but want the same pro to have a stint in midfield and defence. Has anyone else found that?
  • mikew1985 3 Oct 2012 22:19:35 12,892 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fuck me, this is seriously bugged to fuck and the matchmaking is utter bollocks. Seasons is nigh on unplayable.

I'm spending more time looking for fucking games than playing at the moment. Hugely disappointed.
  • mikeck 3 Oct 2012 22:52:28 1,936 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've managed to get into two games of Seasons tonight very quickly, however, they were both fairly laggy affairs. Back to career mode for the moment then.
  • caligari 3 Oct 2012 23:49:08 17,077 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The strange thing is that online team games have been very fluid and free of all lag - very strange for a fairly new Fifa game. It usually takes a good few months before you can get a 'stable' game.

It seems tougher to keep track of your player, though - especially in a game with more than 5 Vs 5. I'm trying to work out what has changed.
  • Deleted user 3 October 2012 23:54:04
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Fuck me, this is seriously bugged to fuck and the matchmaking is utter bollocks. Seasons is nigh on unplayable.

I'm spending more time looking for fucking games than playing at the moment. Hugely disappointed.
    Nah you're just shit
  • Deleted user 4 October 2012 00:08:24
    To whoever suggested going manual on the through ball... Thank you sir :)

FREEDOM!

really really enjoying Fifa 13. Best in the series by a country mile for me.
  • dnbuk 4 Oct 2012 01:16:09 4,956 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ilovechips wrote:
    @dnbuk

I browsed with opera while installing, nothing like that happened for me. Weird.
    It stopped doing it after I restarted my comp. Was strange though.
  • mikew1985 4 Oct 2012 07:28:32 12,892 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote:

Nah you're just shit
    :) I'd be fine with just being shit but i've only lost one game so far, when I get into one its fine, I really like this years game.
  • Ziz0u 4 Oct 2012 09:07:25 8,499 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Ilovechips

Must remember to check out Zizou's contract bug, I keep forgetting, career mode is a lot more fleshed out this year, will not be happy if bugs creep in to spoil it.
    Please do. There is a way around it of sorts:

Using your advice, I managed to renew all of my player's contracts.

I started a new career, saved and renewed one players contract (changing the number of years from 3 to 4) and saved again. I did this until all of them were done (doing more than one at a time a couple of times) and they all worked. So I'm pretty happy about that. Thanks again!

So now I am going to take note of exactly how many players I have now, and amend that as the season goes on if I sign new players.

I'm still worried that new signings and/or regular players under contract will disappear anyway, but I'm willing to save often and try avoid it.

Unfortunately I think I might be wasting my time as I will most likely need to start a new career mode when the patch is released, but I can't just let the game gather dust.
    It's still true that you never know if someone will leave anyway, but I am willing to give it one last go and hope that it goes well at the end of the season. Nobody has a glitched contract in my current career using the method quoted above, but it seems like new transfers will disappear sometimes as well. If it happens to me, I will wait for a patch.
  • binky Moderator 4 Oct 2012 10:44:29 9,706 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @NeverEatYellowSnow You're welcome ;)
  • Emth 4 Oct 2012 10:53:43 132 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've become addicted to FUT. I keep trying to buy players at work but my monitors are in an exposed position and all that gold stands out a mile ;(

Be so much easier if they made a fecking Android app as well as an iOS one! Have they actually said why they aren't?
  • Deleted user 4 October 2012 13:53:57
    Emth wrote:
    I've become addicted to FUT. I keep trying to buy players at work but my monitors are in an exposed position and all that gold stands out a mile ;(

Be so much easier if they made a fecking Android app as well as an iOS one! Have they actually said why they aren't?
    Very strange that they haven't. I'm using the apple app. Very goo addition indeed.

Sold Jordi Alba for 25000 coins - cha Ching!! Thank you very much
  • Deleted user 4 October 2012 15:12:41
    Ilovechips wrote:
    NeverEatYellowSnow wrote:
    To whoever suggested going manual on the through ball... Thank you sir :)

FREEDOM!

really really enjoying Fifa 13. Best in the series by a country mile for me.
    The shoulders and your triggers are the most important buttons and hold the key to your other functions. Holding both triggers (cancel mode) frees your player from waiting for the pass to attack the pass how you see fit. Takes a lot of practice but you can wrong foot markers etc with style if you get to grips with it, without waggling the trick stick in vain. Also if you hold left trigger and give the direction stick a nudge/hold to the player's left or right you manually select the foot he is using. Game usually assists depends on direction/run, this enables you to override. Dunno if you knew about these but they are not so documented about.

Game really clicked for me last night, the previous FIFA's left me content this one is providing complete satisfaction, something I not had since last gen PES. I too echo your opinion that it's the best in the series, I just wish the models were on par with WC2010, then it would be complete.

Must remember to check out Zizou's contract bug, I keep forgetting, career mode is a lot more fleshed out this year, will not be happy if bugs creep in to spoil it.
    I'll give this a try later, can't get away with the career mode though. Find it quite boring. FUT is looking a safe bet this year.
    Not getting as much game time as I would like at the moment
  • TOOTR 4 Oct 2012 18:47:22 9,603 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gents,

Can anyone explain whats the difference between 'contain' and 'jockey'?

BinaryBob101 wrote:
    The Danger Mouse reboot worries me a great deal.

• prawnking1980 4 Oct 2012 18:55:25 4,742 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The spelling.
  • ronuds 4 Oct 2012 19:03:03 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @ZizouFC - sounds very similar to a problem I've had with other EA sports titles.

In Madden, you'd sign a guy with an expiring contract, he'd accept and next thing you know he's a free agent or on another team. I never researched as much as you have, though.

EA always effs up the career mode somehow. The aforementioned issue was never patched, btw.
  • Page

of 40 First / Last