FIFA 13 Page 25

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• Ultrasoundwave 2 Oct 2012 13:43:20 3,097 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Got a decent bit of advice for you folks :

If your doing a career mode managing a decent Premiership side, you can pick up Fernando Llorente quite cheap. Hes only got a year left on his contract so, even though he's worth about 12 million, if you put a cheeky bid of about 6-8 million (i paid 7.5 after a LOT of haggling) you can get him.

Great striker. Very powerful, great shot on him and unstoppable in the air.

"Look at banner Michael!"

• danathjo 2 Oct 2012 13:45:46 6,909 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @teamHAM Almost spat out my lunch at that one, that's some powerful kick!
  • Rens11 2 Oct 2012 13:53:30 1,255 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    never played fifa online until now. had a few games on ultimate team with my bronze bunch of rejects, is it normal to come up against a team of 80+ gold superstars in the division 10? I'm guessing you can carry your team on from fifa 12?

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• Zomoniac 2 Oct 2012 14:11:03 7,402 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rens11 wrote:
    never played fifa online until now. had a few games on ultimate team with my bronze bunch of rejects, is it normal to come up against a team of 80+ gold superstars in the division 10? I'm guessing you can carry your team on from fifa 12?
    Teams don't carry over, but there's nothing to stop people spending MSP on a bunch of gold packs to boost their team before starting off.
  • Gartt 2 Oct 2012 14:11:11 1,688 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Getting an annoying bug in Manager mode, end of the season trying to complete a loan to buy deal and it just completely freezes the xbox when attempting to accept.

Looks like im going to have to lose the player which is frustrating because he's a young Barca starlet, loaned in January with an option to buy for 3m, hes now worth 9m and jumped from 75 > 79 in half a season.

Reading the ea forums it looks like this is a widespread bug with the loan to buy clause. So I'd avoid doing this until a fix appears.
  • Mr_Sleep 2 Oct 2012 14:32:03 16,254 posts
    Seen 7 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I started on World Class and I'm pretty sure that was a terrible idea. Back to professional for me I think. I played some friendlies which saw me win two and draw one and then lost 5-2 to West Ham in the first game of the season. Hmmm. Apparently West Ham play the football of Barcelona.

You are a factory of sadness.

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 2 Oct 2012 14:33:58 6,654 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah, professional is difficult enough.
  • mikeck 2 Oct 2012 14:36:03 1,837 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    To whoever earlier in this thread recommended checking out Darren Mattocks from Whitecaps (MLS) thank you.

I purchased him (for Spurs) for 1.4M, 6,000 a week salary, as a future 1st teamer, and he's now my third choce striker behind Defoe and Adebayor.

Had a cracking debut for me (in a friendly) where he scored a beauty header, and now I'm about six games into the season, and his form is around 6.6 at the moment. No more goals, but I'm switching between a loose 4-2-2-2 formation, and the AVB 4-3-2-1, and he fits in nicely so far.

The description of him as a young Didier Drogba is right, he's quick, strong, and has a good touch. Hoping to see his be beastly for me for a couple of seasons.

(He doesn't hold the ball well when pressured by defenders though, so needs some work in that regard - or I do) :)
  • Gartt 2 Oct 2012 15:03:10 1,688 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Isnt the ESPN thing only in the US release or something like that?
  • m1lly 2 Oct 2012 17:13:31 14 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    division one on both xbox and pc on fifa 12. came into fifa 13 thinking i'd be the boss. tried to start ultimate team properly as i never bothered in 12, managed to get a half decent team of golds without paying anything and got rid of all my bronzes only to find that all my money had gone as well as all contracts expiring.

that's my ultimate team over.
  • mikew1985 2 Oct 2012 17:16:36 12,051 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone else having a horrible time with connections and bugs with seasons mode?

Sometimes getting matched up with an opponent only for the game to put you in control of a different team than the one you've picked but then immediately dumping you back out to the seasons home screen?

I wouldn't mind so much but it must be happening more than 50% of the time for me and on console sitting through all that loading is really getting on my tits at this stage.
  • m1lly 2 Oct 2012 17:34:14 14 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @mikew1985 yes on PC here and it's happening so often. last night managed to get one game in an hour because of hanging in the arena and doing what you mentioned as well as just a black screen.

at one point i could hear the guy iw as about to play and we were still having a conversation whilst we were joining our other game vs different people, which just ended up with a black screen of course, keep having to close the game after every attempt.
  • Maturin 2 Oct 2012 18:07:03 2,733 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ilovechips wrote:
    Gartt wrote:
    Isnt the ESPN thing only in the US release or something like that?
    Sounds about right, I heard it was US/UK just wondered if the console had it in the options. For PC you can find it here http://www.moddingway.com/file/27936.html simple copy/paste.
    Just tried it. Wasn't so keen. Liked the match intros, but I preferred the regular in-game stuff.
  • dnbuk 2 Oct 2012 19:50:21 4,926 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just installed the game on PC and now every time I open my Opera browser I get a message saying "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive D:"

Weird. Anyone know what that's about?
  • Maturin 2 Oct 2012 19:53:20 2,733 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Did you put your activation code in with the disk in the drive?
  • dnbuk 2 Oct 2012 19:54:04 4,926 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Maturin wrote:
    Did you put your activation code in with the disk in the drive?
    Yes.
  • Maturin 2 Oct 2012 20:02:46 2,733 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Logged in to Origin?
  • dnbuk 2 Oct 2012 20:06:03 4,926 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Maturin wrote:
    Logged in to Origin?
    Not when I open Opera. Origin is closed.
  • binky Moderator 3 Oct 2012 08:34:57 9,236 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Started playing on 360 last night. Man there are almost too many game modes these days, don't you think? Took me ages to find a ranked game as well. Not because of connection, but because I could find it. Apparently it's called Seasons now?

Clearly I'm getting old.
  • mikew1985 3 Oct 2012 08:40:43 12,051 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm used to the seasons mode (it's probably the best thing since ever tbf) and it took me a bloody age to find it too.

Very confusing layout this year. It really does have a bewildering amount of content and modes.
  • binky Moderator 3 Oct 2012 08:55:50 9,236 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Think I'll stick to Seasons and FUT. Love that you can manage and trade your FUT on mac/pc/iphone. Genius touch.
  • Zizoo 3 Oct 2012 09:04:24 7,705 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I keep getting the Contract glitch in Career Mode :(

I started a new Career last night with a new team, and to avoid the problem I renewed all the contracts of players with 1 year remaining straight off the bat, but about half of them (some renewed with no bug occuring) went from 11 months remaining to -1 and 11 months year remaining. I'm not sure if I want to carry on as I assume I will lose all those players at the end of the season. I'm surprised they haven't left already seeing as they are in the negative. I'm hoping I can save closer to the time and try to individually renew each troublesome contract.

I am on Xbox 360. I cleared the cache, downloaded the patch again and deleted all of my manager mode save except for one but it didn't change anything.

Not sure what to try next. It doesn't seem to be a widespread problem. I sent a message to one of the EA guys on the Fifa forum and he actually replied saying he will look into it and get back to me for more info.
  • HarryPalmer 3 Oct 2012 09:16:53 2,630 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I wish they hadnt added in the extra commentary for Seasons.

With 5 games to go I need 3 points and they will not shut up about it. Every goal for and against prompts some kind of 'oh my good they're collapsing/surging towards the title' type quip. And its fucking annoying.
  • HarryPalmer 3 Oct 2012 09:16:54 2,630 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I wish they hadnt added in the extra commentary for Seasons.

With 5 games to go I need 3 points and they will not shut up about it. Every goal for and against prompts some kind of 'oh my good they're collapsing/surging towards the title' type quip. And its fucking annoying.
  • Deleted user 3 October 2012 09:38:38
    @binky

What's the app called? Been searching for ultimate team. Can't seem to find it.
  • Page

of 40 First / Last