FIFA 13 Page 23

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• Lyserberg 30 Sep 2012 23:01:48 349 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    ElNino9 wrote:
    Is it me, or are the graphics on this starting to look really, really dated?

The kits and the player lettering are particularly shit.
    The 3D Engine hasn't changed since FIFA 08, it is tweaked and improved every year though.
    There are also some degradations, like the crowd, both in PES and FIFA, this element started to become less realistic, and more "last-gen" looking because they had to put this huge number of polygons on the players' faces and bodies.

Buy yeah, generally speaking it's the same thing, only with few but not major improvements.

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• Lyserberg 30 Sep 2012 23:08:59 349 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ilovechips wrote:
    So my chants & tunes are fucking stuck on the xbox FUCK YOU MS.
    Why do you post "Fuck" this often? At least try to explain the issue you're having rather than putting the blame on Microsoft...

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• ReadingAid 1 Oct 2012 06:56:49 212 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've been playing mostly offline and its been amazing but when I got online every match is played at blistering pace, no thought what-so ever into build up just spam it up field and hope for your pacy players to blitz them. People using thier speedy forwards to chase down and defend. So far online at least is not impressive. Single player is amazing
  • fergal_oc 1 Oct 2012 09:08:48 2,763 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    New feature?! Hasn't that been in fifa for years?
    I don't think so, not like how it is in 13 anyway. At least in 12 you knew you were going to get a good touch unless the player was crap.

But now you've mentioned it I might have to go back to 12, it's definitely not something I used at all there, whereas in this game I feel like I need to use it all the time.
  • Ultrasoundwave 1 Oct 2012 09:41:06 3,278 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Definitely getting better the more i play it, yet at the same time EA have made little effort to disguise the fact that its FIFA 12 with a few tweaks - its even got the same cut-scenes (players talking to each other, etc) when a substitution is made!.

Im the loving the fact that the keepers are a little less superhuman, the ball definitely has more weight to it and feels more realistic and the AI (team-mates AND opposition) is massively improved.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Zizoo 1 Oct 2012 09:48:39 8,259 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Such split opinions on the Fifa 13 forum regarding the speed. There's a really long thread going, but if you read a couple of pages, you'll see that many people think the speed is fine. Initially I thought the speed was the same as 12, but then I had 2 or 3 ridiculously fast games. I've turned it down to slow, and although it isn't a huge difference, I do prefer it.

If EA do patch the speed, they don't need to slow it down too much. Some teams are just extremely aggressive, and that makes it feel faster than against other teams.
  • AaronTurner 1 Oct 2012 10:11:11 7,669 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    One thing I do like is there seems to be far more realistic animation when facing goal with the ball, its not just sprinting in one direction, the player moves in a far more realistic way taking wee touches.

I hope they slow it a tad because its too end to end at the moment, even on slow.
  • Zizoo 1 Oct 2012 10:15:05 8,259 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is anyone playing on full manual controls?

I've always played on semi-assisted shooting and passing, but I think I should give manual a good go this year. I always get frustrated and convince myself that semi-assisted is challenging enough.

It's not like I'm even doing that well in general on Legendary. No idea why I want to make it even harder for myself :confused:
  • ryohazuki1983 1 Oct 2012 10:21:29 733 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Getting hammered online, guess its because everybody is in the same division, and I take quite a while to get used to the new FIFAs. Although admittedly not great at it, despite playing it every year for days and days, couldn't get out of Division 4 in Fifa12.

Mainly playing offline with mates at the moment, loving it. Except for the crappy graphics due to me using the RGB cable as my HDMI socket on the Xbox is fucked :(
  • Zizoo 1 Oct 2012 10:53:35 8,259 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Ilovechips

How big of a step up is it? I like to think I'm pretty decent, but I can't buy a win at the moment with Sheffield United in Career Mode, and I can't see manual controls helping my cause... or does it actually make it "easier" in the long run having more control?

Do you have absolutely everything set to manual? I have auto switching on air balls.
  • Zizoo 1 Oct 2012 11:16:22 8,259 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Ilovechips

I will most certainly give it a go outside of Career Mode and see if I like it. As I said, I have always played on semi-assisted because I still get to choose where I place my shots, and passes can definitely be wayward, so maybe manual won't be that much of a stretch for me.

Thanks for the reply.
  • HarryPalmer 1 Oct 2012 11:35:09 3,215 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @ReadingAid - I would suggest playing with lower starred teams. 3 - 4 stars, you seem to get a better class of opposition!

It's definitely harder, and I would say more realistic. I like the new 'heads-up' dribbling, which I didn't even know about until I played about with the skill games.
  • mikew1985 1 Oct 2012 11:37:38 12,654 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I started playing manual in 09 but online was too hard to find others so I eventually switched back to all semi/auto except crossing and long passes.

I'd love to give manual a go again if it was possible to find enough games online.
  • THFourteen 1 Oct 2012 11:46:11 33,109 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    i always have long pass on manual as its fun to spray balls around, but short pass and through ball on semi. i can't be bothered to wait 5 seconds to build up enough power for a simple ground pass.
  • Zizoo 1 Oct 2012 11:57:17 8,259 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think I'll start with setting one thing at a time to manual. Through ball first (I reckon this will be the most useful). I might keep passing on semi-assisted if I don't get on with manual.
  • Maturin 1 Oct 2012 11:59:11 2,937 posts
    Seen 49 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My settings are the same. Seems daft to power up a quick ground pass. But I do have manual control on the long ones and crossing.
  • Zomoniac 1 Oct 2012 12:29:46 7,821 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is there a way to make Alan McAnally shut the fuck up? It's a nice touch but gets very annoying after about 20 seconds.
  • Zizoo 1 Oct 2012 12:47:02 8,259 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is that the score updates? You can turn it off (or customize) in the menu before kick off.

Closer to the end of the season I think I will turn on certain results if I'm making a last gasp effort to get into the top 4.
  • Ultrasoundwave 1 Oct 2012 13:52:03 3,278 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Is there a way to make Alan McAnally shut the fuck up? It's a nice touch but gets very annoying after about 20 seconds.
    I agree.

If they were going to have McAnally in there they might as well have added Stelling and Co into the mix.

Saying that, thank God EA picked McAnally over Paul Merson......illiterate cock.

Heard him sneeze on Soccer Saturday last weekend and im pretty sure he mis-pronounced it.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• anon_ 1 Oct 2012 14:16:52 211 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm going back to FIFA 12.

I simply prefer its more sedate rhythmn and tempo, and its sense of weight and momentum, to 13. It feels more like Real Football to me.

It lets me play more measured games of midfield control and patient, build-up passing. But, with the right players, and with good timing, I can also inject searing pace into my game, when the opportunity for a break arises.

FIFA 13 only has one gear - kid on a sugar rush. It's less tactical and tug-of-war than 12, more mindless. And less satisfying to play as a result. And it even falls down in terms of FIFA's fabled animations - the transitions in player movement are too quick.

This is the first FIFA this gen that I honestly don't think is a clear improvement on its predecessor. Because while the improved physics and AI are welcome, the nuance of the game, as played on the pitch, has suffered in my opinion.

I thought about giving PES 13 a go, but I just can't get past its robotic and floaty physics and animations. It's like some weird combination of playing through treacle, on the moon.

FIFA 12 it is then.
  • binky Moderator 1 Oct 2012 14:19:21 9,563 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've always had through ball set to Manual. Feels way more satisfying to be able to put a ball into space.
  • anon_ 1 Oct 2012 14:34:48 211 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just to add a little more (sorry!), 13 also feels too open. In 12, I feel you have to work your openings a lot more. I think it's because, in addition to the increased speed, the close control and dribbling controls in 13 have been made a little too powerful. In 12, online against opponents who know how to use tactical defending, it seems to me you need to do more to plot holes in their back line and create chances.
  • Zizoo 1 Oct 2012 14:48:03 8,259 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @anon_

Have you tried setting it to slow (sorry if this is a stupid question)?

Doing so does help to make the CPU's build up less frantic. Also, I find when I'm in possession that I can still dictate the tempo of the game, even if I have to fend off some rabid defenders using close control.

I don't play online, so I can't comment there.
  • mikew1985 1 Oct 2012 14:48:56 12,654 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have to say at this stage i largely agree with a lot of what you're saying. Fifa 12 really was my favourite ever football game, I loved the build up and dominating midfield was really important.

I'm really enjoying 13 so far and i know i simply won't go back to 12 due to the squads etc. but so far I'm yet to be convinced its a big improvement.

I think it's very similar to the changes from PES 4 to PES 5.

PES 4 was probably my favourite but PES 5 was still an excellent game.
  • anon_ 1 Oct 2012 14:54:13 211 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    @anon_

Have you tried setting it to slow (sorry if this is a stupid question)?

Doing so does help to make the CPU's build up less frantic. Also, I find when I'm in possession that I can still dictate the tempo of the game, even if I have to fend off some rabid defenders using close control.

I don't play online, so I can't comment there.
    I mainly play online. Not sure you can set to slow for ranked seasons (or any) games.
  • mikew1985 1 Oct 2012 15:00:58 12,654 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    General rule of thumb for seasons is - you can't mess with anything.
  • Zizoo 1 Oct 2012 15:01:00 8,259 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @anon_

Oh, well that's different then. You will need EA to patch it for online I guess. Hopefully it will be done asap and you can return to Fifa 13 :)

Edited by ZizouFC at 15:01:34 01-10-2012
  • Page

of 40 First / Last