FIFA 13 Page 6

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• Zomoniac 12 Sep 2012 16:47:22 7,821 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The foul thing has happened to me a few times. Bit worrying.

Also one calamitous bug I had earlier. A drop ball was awarded just inside my half. For reasons unbeknown to me, it decided to bring my keeper up to take the drop ball despite their being four defenders stood behind him. Ref drops the ball, my keeper runs up to boot it back, as they do, except he didn't boot it back, just took control and gave me control of the keeper with the ball on the halfway line. The fuck?
  • Dougs 12 Sep 2012 17:06:36 67,024 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Now up on PSN - couldn't find it before. Had to search this time too, but it is there.

Interesting views - all I've seen elsewhere is that it's not hugely different from 12, with some suggesting the passing is a backward step.
  • wayneh 12 Sep 2012 17:30:13 2,311 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Now up on PSN - couldn't find it before. Had to search this time too, but it is there.

Interesting views - all I've seen elsewhere is that it's not hugely different from 12, with some suggesting the passing is a backward step.
    It is different, the first touch really has an impact, for instance Nasri first touch sublime pushing it away from the defender in his stride whereas Lewandowskis first touch was no where near as good giving defenders critical time to get in position. The face-up dribbling (not sure of the proper term) gives you time to hold up the ball and think about the next pass

Act like a dumbshit and they will treat you as an equal

• Deckard1 12 Sep 2012 17:33:46 27,584 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dougs wrote:

You shut your whore mouth pes boy. We know what you are.

Hush you ponce

• BinaryBob101 12 Sep 2012 17:42:13 22,635 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    BobJnr's just been playing the demo.

Clive Tyldesley chips in with: "It's almost as if we were watching a computer game!"

I lolled at the fourth wall breakage.

Sir_Walter_Rally wrote:
    Many films are based on phone charge running out and being trapped somewhere...

• Dougs 12 Sep 2012 17:46:11 67,024 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:

You shut your whore mouth pes boy. We know what you are.
    :)
  • neilqpr 12 Sep 2012 18:35:41 2,838 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The foul thing is really bugging me now. So I'm not even pressing any tackle/pressure button, just angling a run perfectly to go shoulder to shoulder with the opposition to win the ball cleanly - penalty.

I know it's only a demo but it's almost game breaking for me at this stage. It's a shame because in almost every other resepct it's great.
  • Deleted user 12 September 2012 18:43:11
    neilqpr wrote:
    Mostly great, but I've had a few very dodgy fouls given against me. One in particular where I didn't even tackle only intercepted, the CPU ran into the back of me, fell over and a free kick was given against me.

Hopefully I'm just being unlucky but that kind of dodgy decision making could ruin an close online game.

I know I know, much like real football etc.
    What? A shit refereeing decision spoiling a close game?

Sounds realistic to me ;)

Edit: who's the bastard in the black, who's the...

Edited by NeverEatYellowSnow at 18:49:10 12-09-2012
  • Dougs 12 Sep 2012 19:39:36 67,024 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pro Evo had that "feature" a few years back. Was shite. As was the fact you never got a pen back.

Still downloading...
  • askew 12 Sep 2012 20:38:04 12,148 posts
    Seen 28 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oooh, I like.

It 'feels' snappier. Turning and getting into position feels more responsive. Because the physics have been improved, tussles between players don't feel as clumsy. Shooting on target seems a little harder - got to work those finesse shots!

Not too keen on the overblown presentation: shaky cam when subbing and at HT/FT, plus the intro music to each game. Maybe because the demo had it down as an 'International Friendly' - hopefully club games won't be so OTT.
  • Rens11 12 Sep 2012 21:54:45 1,391 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    only played a match but seems an improvement over 12. Players feel alot lighter and make more runs forward looking forward to its release!

Don’t kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he’d eat you and everyone you care about!

• askew 12 Sep 2012 22:29:10 12,148 posts
    Seen 28 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Also: like being able to set the actual time of the game!
  • Lyserberg 12 Sep 2012 22:29:30 349 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The annoying Ball physics are gone for a more realistic approach!

And BTW, there's always these weird glitchs in FIFA 13, hoping that the developpers will eliminate them by the game is out as much as possible...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-xmviJzwls

Have a nice laugh...

La cerise sur le gâteau!

• Lyserberg 12 Sep 2012 22:32:46 349 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    I had no idea anyone actually played this with a keyboard and mouse. There's some strange people out there.
    Including me...

La cerise sur le gâteau!

• Deckard1 13 Sep 2012 10:11:30 27,584 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Going from the Joey Deacon pose in your profile picture, I'm not too surprised.

(he's a famous British athlete)

Hush you ponce

• varsas 13 Sep 2012 12:31:23 2,401 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    lovely2cu wrote:
    Jon Murphy must be beside himself. Arguably the strongest Pro Evo in years - then EA only go off and pull a massive trick like this!

The skill games are almost worth the price of admission alone, really show off the strength and versatility of the engine.
    Soon they'll get a decent master league equivalent into Fifa.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 13 Sep 2012 12:36:07 6,654 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Master League struck me as bloated and over complicated when I tried to get into pes 2012.
  • Deckard1 13 Sep 2012 12:42:21 27,584 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Shhh its the last thing they have

Hush you ponce

• Monsieur_Blade 13 Sep 2012 12:51:49 343 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    Master League struck me as bloated and over complicated when I tried to get into pes 2012.
    Masters league in pes 2012 was a real mess but hopefully they've streamlined it this year. 

I'm waiting to see people's opinions on both ml and fifa's campaign mode before i decide which one to go with.
  • ElNino9 13 Sep 2012 12:52:29 13,314 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I actually prefer the PES demo to the FIFA one.

Much more fun.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Zizoo 13 Sep 2012 12:59:57 8,250 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fun shmun!
  • StarchildHypocrethes 13 Sep 2012 13:12:05 25,512 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't like it.

As with basically the last 5 versions of FIFA, it feels like playing football in treacle. Passes have no weight to them, shots just look odd and in general the ball moves in a really weird way. The physics behind it just seem off.

Most of all though, FIFA just isn't much fun to play these days. It just plays a really dull game of football.

And before anyone squeals at me, I'm no Pro Evo fanboy either. That’s been shit for even longer. Including this year, judging from the demo.

Football games are dead to me these days :(
  • neilqpr 13 Sep 2012 14:25:20 2,838 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Had a good few games there without any dodgy free kicks or penalties. Maybe I was just really unlucky yesterday.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 13 Sep 2012 14:28:09 6,654 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    I don't like it.

As with basically the last 5 versions of FIFA, it feels like playing football in treacle. Passes have no weight to them, shots just look odd and in general the ball moves in a really weird way. The physics behind it just seem off.

Most of all though, FIFA just isn't much fun to play these days. It just plays a really dull game of football.

And before anyone squeals at me, I'm no Pro Evo fanboy either. That’s been shit for even longer. Including this year, judging from the demo.

Wish I had your self discipline. Even if I hated every footy game on the market I'd buy the least worst.. After all, it's football!
  • Whizzo 13 Sep 2012 14:28:55 43,060 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Been ages since I really spent a lot of time with a FIFA but the keepers seem pretty rubbish in this demo, about 90% of any goals scored were down to the keeper pushing the ball straight towards an opposition player when making a stop.

This space left intentionally blank.

• caligari 13 Sep 2012 19:21:23 17,017 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I don't like it.

I've hated pretty much every single Fifa demo from the past few years - I always end up buying the newer game in the end, and I've never regretted it.
  • freedumb 13 Sep 2012 19:26:58 1,110 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I played the FIFA demo for a while. As expected, it can be a fun game, a pick up and play kickabout with great presentation, smooth animations, fun additions such as the skill games that take PES’s training and expand it into a Virtua Tennis mini game style, match day/live season thing; they’re also beginning to catch up with PES in terms of teammate AI, but it still doesn’t beat PES on these 3 things:

1) Pronounced effect of stats on the pitch - making for more differences between players – making for better player individuality

2) Player movement – footplanting, momentum and inertia model – despite having less fluid animation transitions, players dribble more contextually when taking touches with the ball; movement physics of weight/mass, velocity and inertia are much more lifelike and adhere to human behavior especially when accelerating, decelerating, coming to a stop or changing direction.

3) Strategy and tactics – PES’s use of strategy and tactics has a deeper effect on the pitch to a greater degree than FIFA (a follow on effect of the better individuality and good teammate ai)

And they are pretty big things that still make PES, while not flawless itself, the better choice for me when it comes to core gameplay.

I play FIFA at friends houses for multiplayer tourneys, I'm the lone pesfan at the moment within them, at least thats how its been for a few years. I want to see how FIFA approaches those three above before I can fully invest in it.
  • liamthemaster 13 Sep 2012 19:40:43 1,588 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Played the demo for about an hour it all feels a bit "fifa 12" it just seems like playing the same game but nearly every player has a terrible first touch,it may just be me not playing for the past couple of months but the demo doesn't really get me excited for the release unlike the last few Fifa demos.

Will put a bit more time into it and see if I feel any different, sometimes first impressions can be wrong.
  • StrayBezza 13 Sep 2012 19:52:11 203 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have mixed feelings on this demo. Sometimes I play it and I think its great - other times its just meh bordering on annoying.

I like the first touch thing and the fact that the ball, mostly, appears to be a separate entity to the players and the goalmouth scrambles are class.

Overall I think its an improvement on 12 and should be good online.

I also love the PES demo despite its flaws - sometimes to the point where I actually feel its the better of the two demos.

I will buy copies of both natch!
  • Deleted user 13 September 2012 21:19:29
    I don't like it.

Lol what?

I've never read so much shit in my life.

Both pes and the fifa demo's are ace. Sounds like you don't like football in general tbh OR you are not very good at it

Sorry, you have your opinion. Thats mine.
  • Page

of 40 First / Last