FIFA 13 Page 38

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• dnbuk 3 Nov 2012 22:43:37 4,956 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone had any problems on PC tonight? Tried seasons & cup and it would get as far as the arena before the game and quit to the desktop with no error report or anything. Bloody annoying as unranked worked fine.
  • Rajin 3 Nov 2012 23:33:46 631 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Altough i am really enjoying this game(it is a real time sink) it is the first game on my ps3 to cause either crashes or a forced return to the ps3 screen. Apperently pushing O and X and downwards at the same time to return to the first menu during Career might cause a bug.

Scoring about 2.5 goals average with my pro-stirker. So i might have to ramp up the difficulty(semi-pro)
  • teamHAM 5 Nov 2012 17:06:42 3,049 posts
    Seen 50 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So, does anyone know if you can receive job offers from outside the continent you are currently managing?

I decided to start as Vancouver Whitecaps in the MLS in the hope that some day I'd get an offer from a big European team, but so far I've only had MLS offers, which made me think maybe you only get offers for your continent since I don't remember any MLS offers when working in Europe.

Any ideas?

Edit: I'm talking about league jobs availability, not international team offers.

Edited by teamHAM at 17:07:13 05-11-2012

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• danathjo 5 Nov 2012 17:13:42 7,428 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It might have to do with how high your profile gets. Managing Arsenal I got some mainland Europe offers but nothing outside there or England.

Hopefully after winning the MLS you'd get a championship/lowly European side offer

/shrugs
  • Ziz0u 5 Nov 2012 17:46:36 8,490 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've been managing Villarreal for 2 seasons and just got approached by Arsenal. Also, when I search for jobs I see plenty of jobs outside Spain.
  • Tom_Servo 5 Nov 2012 17:51:46 18,004 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Has anyone managed to get a player in a cut-price deal, like if they have less than a year of their contract remaining?

I've tried to get guys like Llorente and Lewandowski for about 5m (at the suggestion of my transfer guy, who says that's a fair price), but when I make those offers their club is so aghast they ask for more money than their market value.
  • danathjo 5 Nov 2012 18:57:08 7,428 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, had the same problem with Llorente myself. Then thought I might be able to get him on a free but he goes back to a 3 years contract in 2013.
  • L_Franko Moderator 7 Nov 2012 10:15:01 9,694 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone know of a link to anywhere that explains the performance points system in be a pro?
    I know the basics like improving your performance by making passes, assists and scoring goals but sometimes I wonder why I'm losing points during the game. I normally end up with an overall performance score of around 7.0 which is good enough for short term targets but my overall season target is just out of reach.

Hope I have explained that well enough.
  • askew 7 Nov 2012 10:17:04 12,414 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You get penalised for being out of position and not picking up your opposite number. It cripples me sometimes when my player is out of energy and I can't keep up with play!
  • L_Franko Moderator 7 Nov 2012 10:32:24 9,694 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm sure I've been losing out while marking and blocking out my opposite number but maybe I wasn't close enough to him?
    Also do you lose more points from a mistake if you current performance is high? I was on a 8.5 in one game and made one failed pass and it went down to about 7.9.
  • askew 7 Nov 2012 11:00:06 12,414 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Successes/mistakes early in the game seem to have be weighted more heavily: ie. I've supplied an assist early on, and gone up to 10. Been caught out of position and I'm back down to 6.8 :D
  • L_Franko Moderator 7 Nov 2012 11:30:54 9,694 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ah yeah, I've had that as well where it has gone up to 10 then striaght back down again right at the start.
    I guess I need to work more on my marking in games.
  • THFourteen 8 Nov 2012 23:15:31 33,820 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Woot!

Took a punt on a happy hour gold pack with all my remaining coins - 15k - and lot and behold, Hugo Lloris!

Reckon I can get 150-200k on him alone!

Already set up a gold team at 100 chemistry full of epl players on the cheap.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 9 Nov 2012 00:50:27 9,930 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I wish this game wasn't so expensive so I could buy it.
  • wayneh 9 Nov 2012 13:59:24 2,371 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    I wish this game wasn't so expensive so I could buy it.
    By the time you can afford it they may have fixed all the bugs

Act like a dumbshit and they will treat you as an equal

• dsmx 9 Nov 2012 14:20:37 7,648 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Come to think of it have Eurogamer ever done a review of FIFA and actually mentioned the bugs that litter each version?

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Deleted user 9 November 2012 14:21:43
    Even forty quid is surely good value for money. Hours and hours of play, the game is awesome.
  • L_Franko Moderator 9 Nov 2012 14:23:38 9,694 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Only bug I have experienced is my name not coming up in news articles on Be a Pro. Wednesday's update fixed that.
  • L_Franko Moderator 9 Nov 2012 14:24:42 9,694 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    Even forty quid is surely good value for money. Hours and hours of play, the game is awesome.
    Yeah, 40 would see you gaming for a long time with this game.
  • Deleted user 9 November 2012 14:27:14
    Yeah, Peter Moore keeps muttering about subscription based model. Could end up paying monthly which would be terrible imo.
  • THFourteen 9 Nov 2012 14:42:29 33,820 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    i haven't really played anything apart from UT this year. But i've already played about 60 games of that, plus all the time spent browsing and selling on the auciton site

well worth 26 i paid on amazon.
  • Tom_Servo 9 Nov 2012 15:52:35 18,004 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    My Spurs team is looking good in Manager mode. Taken a few seasons to build it and all the players have improved (Bale and Lloris are at 92 now). Won the league by nine points last season and won the CL the year before after a penalty shoot-out against Bayern.

Lloris; Ansaldi, Vertonghen, Kaboul, Walker; Bender, Capoue; Bale, Dembele, Shaqiri; Lewandowski

Doesn't actually look as different as you might expect, but there's loads of new players on the bench and in the reserves (like Paul Pogba).
  • TheMilkman 9 Nov 2012 16:45:31 216 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    Yeah, Peter Moore keeps muttering about subscription based model. Could end up paying monthly which would be terrible imo.
    I imagine next gen Ultimate Team will become free to play and there will be a lot more ways to spend money on it. Many different kinds of packs and such.
  • TFM_Excalibur 10 Nov 2012 19:22:20 1,064 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Still getting the invisible ball online.

Not chuffed, considering it was the only reason i went and bought it again.
  • THFourteen 12 Nov 2012 08:09:05 33,820 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Haven't had any bugs so far on the PC version.

Spent my last 12,000 coins on Cazorla last night. Perfect fit for my 4-1-2-1-2 formation, even though is pace is only 78, i couldnt resist!

Also scored one of the best goals i've ever scored in FIFA, just because i randomly pressed the trick stick and it came off:

http://www.ea.com/intl/football/videos/ugc/142154962
  • neilqpr 14 Nov 2012 01:14:57 2,858 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I love going online with my little German FUT bronze team with 99% chemistry and beating all gold star teams.
  • Dougs 14 Nov 2012 07:18:16 68,378 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Have they sorted the career mode yet? Or still full of bugs?
  • Ziz0u 14 Nov 2012 07:31:09 8,490 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My manager mode is going ok. 3rd season with Villarreal on Legendary. I always start with a 2nd division team and then move on, but I'm enjoying myself and am turning down offers from bigger teams. No idea why they want me since I'm not doing that great.

1st season I got promoted. 2nd season I ended up 10th I think, and even though the board wanted a Champions League spot, they kept me on. In my 3rd season now and I was offered the Arsenal job right at the beginning but I turned it down. I am currently in about 15th with 7th being the highest I could end up since the top 6 are so far ahead of everyone else.

My squad remains pretty much unchanged. Only one player has been booted out of his starting position and replaced by a new signing. Most of the bench are new guys though. A lot of the team I started with have progressed into decent players. One player in particular, Canteros is on 82 now and is only 22 I think; loads of teams want him. You guys should grab him.

I bought Drogba in my first season and he played a huge role in getting us promoted, but he has dropped in rating steadily and is retiring at the end of the season.

Oh and I am also the coach of Portugal. Played my first match with them against Spain last night (EC qualifier) and whacked them 4-0. Made me a little envious that my club team aren't as good as I'm strugging at the moment!

tl;dr: 1 season promoted. 2nd season 10th position. 3rd season currently 15th but managing Portugal concurrently.
  • THFourteen 14 Nov 2012 07:32:31 33,820 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Have they sorted the career mode yet? Or still full of bugs?
    Not sure, i've only played 15 career games or so, keep getting drawn in by the ultimate team game. Its much more fun.

Sold LLoris for 125,000 coins.

Not sure what to do with the coins now, buy 7,500 booster packs or buy individual players!
  • Ziz0u 14 Nov 2012 07:33:46 8,490 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Dougs

I think they have sorted out quite a few. Look up the patch notes. I didn't restart my career mode (which I think you need to do for the patches to work), but I haven't had any problems in a while anyway.
  • Page

of 40 First / Last