FIFA 13 Page 37

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• Fydria 25 Oct 2012 09:10:56 557 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I tried searching for the FUT app on my phone, but after the latest iPhone update, I find the apple store's presentation to be a bit garbage.

Edit - Ahh I see it's called "EA Sports Football Club"

Edited by Fydria at 09:11:58 25-10-2012
  • L_Franko Moderator 25 Oct 2012 09:59:51 9,686 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Been trying to get into the FUT online league recently while also trying to get promoted to the 3rd division offline. Came across one guy yesterday that has some shitty angry hiphop music blasting through my tv and I couldn't find my headset to mute it so had to put the tv to mute. Seriously anoying.
    Only played three games in the FUT online so far with two draws and one loss, I'm rather poor at playing against people in this game but I guess if I put more time in I'll start to see some wins.

How is game length determined? It seems some games are the normal 6mins and others are longer.
  • elephantjuice 25 Oct 2012 10:13:56 554 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Finished my first season as Brentford on career mode last night. Finished a respectable 9th in League One (playing on World Class), surpassing the board's expectations, so I was quite pleased, especially after I was lurking in the relgation zone for a stretch earlier in the season.

The game itself has been thoroughly excellent, especially in terms of portraying just how shit football can be at that level. It sounds silly, but that in itself really makes the game for me as when things do come together it's just so damn satisfying.

Anyhow, started the next season and encountered a pretty huge bug. I had several players (~10) whose contracts were due to expire in the summer. I offered the majority of them extensions, all of whom accepted. I then get a prompt in my newsfeed that some of those players' contracts are still due to expire. I went into the contracts section to check, and they all had something along the lines of '-1 years' left on their contracts (negative years!) I wasn't able to re-offer contracts to the affected players as it said they had recently signed an extension...bummer.

My worst fears came true and on the 1st July the contracts did expire and the players left the club and there's no option to try and re-sign them. Luckily it's mainly squad/youth players but there were 2 or 3 key players amongst them. I suppose it serves me right for not acting sooner.

So now I've been left with a barethread squad and desperately need to sign players to survive the forthcoming season. The board, howvever, now expects me to gain promotion but has given me a miniscule wage budget. Players at lower league level are already vastly over inflated in terms of wages + transfer fees in the game and that coupled with the board denying me the ability to sell players (because the squad's too small) means I'm a bit stuck.

My only option, as I see it, is to fight fire with fire and if rumours are to be believed, a rather large cash injection is heading Brentford's way due to a takeover by a wealthy, foreign consortium.
  • ronuds 25 Oct 2012 18:44:46 21,788 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @elephantjuice - Look back a few (maybe more) pages. Someone already discovered the bug and, I believe, a way around it.

Although, I'm fairly certain it's too late to fix now.
  • danathjo 25 Oct 2012 19:28:20 6,909 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Also check your autosaves. You should have three of them that only save after games. Will have to replay a couple games but it might give you enough time to resign?
  • TheMilkman 25 Oct 2012 19:39:44 177 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    You should also try searching in the transfer bit for free agents. I've had that sort of problem on FIFA for years and they normally all just end up as free agents that you can actually normally re-sign up for less money.
  • Monsieur_Blade 25 Oct 2012 20:15:54 326 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    danathjo wrote:
    As long as you don't intend to play the career mode

Haven't been able to play it for a while now due to constant machine resetting freezes on the calendar :(
    Is this true for everyone? I'm gonna finally buy either fifa or pro evo next week and i spend 90% of my time in career mode/masters league.

If career mode is bugged to high heaven again it makes my decision easy.
  • danathjo 25 Oct 2012 20:27:47 6,909 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Found quite a few complaints online about it when it happened/still happening to me but no idea on the percentage of people it's hitting. Hopefully EA get a second patch out soon but as it doesn't make them money like Ultimate Team I suspect it'll take a while.

Will certaintly update if a work around is found in the mean time though!
  • Monsieur_Blade 25 Oct 2012 20:49:51 326 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    danathjo wrote:
    Found quite a few complaints online about it when it happened/still happening to me but no idea on the percentage of people it's hitting. Hopefully EA get a second patch out soon but as it doesn't make them money like Ultimate Team I suspect it'll take a while.

Will certaintly update if a work around is found in the mean time though!
    Ok cheers for the info. Sounds like i might hold off on fifa for a while then. Pro evo is only 27 at min so might spend my pennies on that.
  • Gartt 25 Oct 2012 21:06:02 1,688 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ive played three or four seasons of career across a couple of different saves so far and haven't had any game breaking bugs yet, a few annoyances here and there though.
  • Deleted user 25 October 2012 21:17:56
    @Monsieur_Blade

I'd check out the PES 2013 thread if you haven't already, don't think people are very happy with the latest patch.

Edited by NeverEatYellowSnow at 21:18:16 25-10-2012
  • elephantjuice 25 Oct 2012 22:06:16 554 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    TheMilkman wrote:
    You should also try searching in the transfer bit for free agents. I've had that sort of problem on FIFA for years and they normally all just end up as free agents that you can actually normally re-sign up for less money.
    They did end up as free transfers but I was unable to approach them. I've just ended up carrying on and unlocked the sugar daddy thing from the catalogue. All's well...for now.
  • TheMilkman 25 Oct 2012 22:48:53 177 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Gutted, did it just say something like you can't buy them 'because they have just left the club' or something? That's quite annoying if that's the case cos I am anticipating this problem in the future.

Post about how that takeover thing works out by the way cos I've heard about problems with that too (Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!) I've been too shit scared to redeem it so far.

Edited by TheMilkman at 22:50:09 25-10-2012
  • danathjo 25 Oct 2012 22:52:49 6,909 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh god, that too? What does it do? (apart from giving you a stupid amount of money)
  • TheMilkman 25 Oct 2012 23:00:37 177 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Oh nothing too damaging don't worry!

I've just heard a lot of the time once you've bought it, it simply doesn't work or activate if you know what I mean.

Being manager of fleetwood I must admit I have thought about it a good few times, but I've stuck with the 'scout a young star' thing for now, which has worked ok so far (You can only use it once per season though).
  • danathjo 25 Oct 2012 23:12:05 6,909 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I used it at the tail end of my Arsenal season and it gave me close to 100 million. :o
  • TheMilkman 25 Oct 2012 23:20:28 177 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Well then I think you have just made my mind up. :)

No more haggling for the likes of Billy Kee!
  • danathjo 25 Oct 2012 23:38:39 6,909 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well maybe closer to 80ish but still, felt a bit dirty ;)
    Didn't wanna go overboard and get anyone like Messi (did buy back Fabregas though ) but it's good for getting three 5 star scouts.

Wish there was more to spend money on though like the Fifa a couple years back where you could upgrade your stadium capacity, fitness/defensive coaches etc.
  • TheMilkman 25 Oct 2012 23:46:13 177 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I think 8m would be enough for me at the moment to be honest. I have about a 5k transfer and 500 wage budget at the moment. I have the likes of Raheem Sterling on loan though so it's not all bad.

I remember those days of upgrading the stadium and choosing sponsers and the like back from FIFA 09 when I made my switch from PES. Was fantastic! Well it would've been had the career mode not froze after 3 seasons anyway.

I'm sure those features will be back next year anyway under the tag line 'new, innovative career mode options!' :lol:
  • anon_ 29 Oct 2012 11:49:46 211 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    FIFA 13 is a great football game, but fuck me if it isn't buggy online. Game constantly hanging in the pre-match Arena, invisible match ball. Sort it out EA, ffs!
  • THFourteen 29 Oct 2012 12:09:41 31,804 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Put a reasonably good Silver 100 Chemistry Serie B team together over the weekend using a 4-1-2-1-2 formation which i quite like.

Now wishing i knew what i was doing before i started on my Bronze team, cant be arsed to go back and fix it now!

Next up, gold.
  • souvlaki 30 Oct 2012 19:45:15 707 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just wasted forty minutes of my life I will never get back trying to play a quick seasons game before I have to do some work. I can't believe I pay EA and MS for online, yet it fails more often than it works :\
  • Deleted user 30 October 2012 22:07:30
    Never had a problem yet! Although I am playing FUT
  • binky Moderator 31 Oct 2012 10:36:20 9,236 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    EA put a statement up last night/this morning saying that the online services will be down this morning until 11am for maintenance.

#FUT & #EASFC will be down for maintenance on Oct31 from 2am-4am PT (9am-11am UK). Other online modes unaffected. bit.ly/Ttdb9Z

Edited by binky at 10:37:02 31-10-2012
  • captbirdseye 31 Oct 2012 20:01:48 4,343 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I see Fifa is on Watchdog tonight.
  • danathjo 31 Oct 2012 20:06:17 6,909 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    When is watchdog on, guessing now?

Would check but on the train, as someone that can't currently play due to freezing I'd like to know what they are targeting.
  • Deleted user 31 October 2012 20:07:14
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Why?
  • captbirdseye 31 Oct 2012 20:16:55 4,343 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Why?
    Not sure but i'm guessing the online part.
  • Tom_Servo 3 Nov 2012 16:23:51 15,532 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Does talking to the press in the build-up to a game in Manager mode actually do anything, or does it simply give the commentators something to talk about during the match?

Also, is it possible for other clubs to come in for you or do you just have to keep your eye on the potential job openings?
  • alexc7496 3 Nov 2012 21:53:02 1,777 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This invisible ball shit is doing my head in. The ball never seems to load when I play online but it seems my opponent can see the ball.
  • Page

of 40 First / Last