FIFA 13 Page 35

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• Deleted user 17 October 2012 15:43:25
    Gaining possession from my opponent enabling me to hopefully score a goal is what football is all about isn't it?
    Why would i let him kick the ball short to start a build up to attack from a goal kick, next it will be you can't tackle me as I'm crossing the ball. Dear lord
  • andijames 17 Oct 2012 16:02:40 2,694 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    I always do it, unless i specifically notice that my opponent isn't doing it, in which case i let up.

It's mildly annoying when you forget and they inveitably score a goal, but i wouldnt term it cheating.
    This.

I never do it if my opponent doesn't. The only reason i do it is if they try it every single time then why not play them at their own game?

Also the amount of goals i gave away on FIFA 12 for short passing it and them intercepting it i always hoof it upfield now.

vivir el momento

• Shane86 19 Oct 2012 01:28:57 280 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Don't think I've ever played a game that I love and hate as much as this. I'm very close to throwing the disc out the window at this point, don't know why I'm still playing it.

There seem to some games where the defenders have super hero reflexes and block every shot, and the goalkeeper pulls off 4 or 5 wonder saves, fed up really. Most annoying thing they've added though, is how defenders can tug on your shirt for a second and force you to knock the ball ahead of you, and they don't get punished for it.

Here's some more bullshit I've had to put up with:

I've had 4 games where the ball was invisible, all happened in the french league playing away while it's raining.

Barcelona sell my pro to Bayern for 28m, a month later they buy him back for 20m in the same fucking transfer window!

The real madrid career manager has Cavani and Hernandez on the bench, he decides to play Nuri Sahin as lone striker for the lols, the game then black screens and I'm forced to turn the console off.

If you try to edit your pro in the Spanish league you get the error "Team has too many players you are now a free agent" You're stuck in the edit menu and again, are forced to turn the game off.

Finally, as I'm sure you've all noticed, if a team is losing at 80 minutes they instantly start throwing every man forward, closing you down and intercepting your passes all of a sudden, EVERY TEAM DOES THIS AT EXACTLY 80 MINUTES.

Edited by Shane86 at 01:34:10 19-10-2012
  • frugtkompot 19 Oct 2012 18:17:08 2,819 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I downloaded a 1.02 today that only seem to have made everything more laggy.

Anyone know what the official fixes are in it?
  • shooter 19 Oct 2012 23:08:15 394 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    alright lads, anyone know if you can play with the kinect features if your sittin in a room playing against a mate or is it just for 1 player stuff ?
  • Tom_Servo 19 Oct 2012 23:12:21 17,299 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Few seasons into Manager mode and it keeps crashing the Xbox on a certain day in the transfer window. Great.
  • danathjo 20 Oct 2012 00:37:45 7,222 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've just finished one season and it keeps freezing from the calendar a couple days from the transfer window every single time!!!
  • graysonavich 20 Oct 2012 00:44:04 7,309 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Same old shit, the last 10-15 minutes game time takes 95% of real time as all the fucking AI subs EVERY.FUCKING.GAME

I have a billion giggaflops of rams and 16,000 Xbox CPUs, LOAD THE FUCKING SUBS ALREADY
  • Tom_Servo 20 Oct 2012 00:44:31 17,299 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Not just me then!

I downloaded the patch earlier and it hasn't fixed the problem. On the whole the menus are a lot smoother though, and they've put in the right Napoli kits.
  • askew 20 Oct 2012 13:56:17 12,025 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What attributes effect chemistry more than anything? I've constructed a crack squad of Bronze Frenchies (most in Ligue 2), but they're all a bit pissy about the formation. I'd rather not lose some of the individual talents, by buying inferior players who suit the formation.
  • Rens11 20 Oct 2012 14:16:15 1,385 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Game seems a lot faster since the update my bronze ultimate team now feel like a 4.5star team.

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• Mr_Sleep 20 Oct 2012 14:45:36 16,840 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Rens11 wrote:
    Game seems a lot faster since the update my bronze ultimate team now feel like a 4.5star team.
    Yeah, I noticed that last night, everything does seem a bit faster, although I had had a lot to drink at this point so I can't be sure. I was under the impression they were going to slow things down but it seems to have gone the opposite way!

You are a factory of sadness.

• Rens11 20 Oct 2012 16:36:47 1,385 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Rens11 wrote:
    Yeah, I noticed that last night, everything does seem a bit faster, although I had had a lot to drink at this point so I can't be sure. I was under the impression they were going to slow things down but it seems to have gone the opposite way!
    Have a few more drinks and it will be slower!

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• xero521 21 Oct 2012 04:27:06 134 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This game is a piss take online,dominate the game and still lose! are psg the new barca? Thats the only team i seem to play online
  • Deleted user 21 October 2012 07:51:56
    FUT is where it's all at. STILL can't get enough.

Upto the 2nd division in offline seasons
    In the 4th for online.

Had some cracking games online too, since the patch the online has been spotless for myself.
    Had a around 10 matches against a mate too and they've been perfect.

Actually felt like offline play and normally i hate Fifa online.
  • Deleted user 21 October 2012 20:52:10
    Another thing that impresses is the commentary (FUT) absolutely spot in and up with play.
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 21 Oct 2012 21:06:32 4,621 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anybody looking for players for their club? I've been playing drop in matches but they're full of idiots. 360 version, btw.

"sounds like a public school ponce"

• fergal_oc 22 Oct 2012 13:26:59 2,763 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    askew wrote:
    What attributes effect chemistry more than anything? I've constructed a crack squad of Bronze Frenchies (most in Ligue 2), but they're all a bit pissy about the formation. I'd rather not lose some of the individual talents, by buying inferior players who suit the formation.
    You can find(buy?) formation modifiers that allow you to change a players formation preference. You could also search for the players you want to keep and see if someone has traded them with the formation modifier already applied.
  • L_Franko Moderator 22 Oct 2012 13:41:44 9,694 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Had my first online game yesterday in the FUT online league and it seemed fine, two moments of slowdown but they both lasted about 2 seconds and that was it.

In the online league does it matter what players you have? So you could play the hell out of single player, buy all the best players that will make a team with 100 chemistry and then start on the online league, no restrictions?
  • askew 22 Oct 2012 14:42:58 12,025 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    fergal_oc wrote:
    askew wrote:
    You can find(buy?) formation modifiers that allow you to change a players formation preference. You could also search for the players you want to keep and see if someone has traded them with the formation modifier already applied.
    Nice tip - cheers. Got the squad up to 94 chemistry with only three players fans of the formation, the rest are all orange.
  • Rens11 22 Oct 2012 15:43:39 1,385 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Had the invisible ball glitch for the first time just now, funny seeing keepers diving in thin air

• reddevil93 22 Oct 2012 22:16:09 11,373 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Why is ultimate team so geared towards pacey players? So frustrating when you're dominating a player and they just play a through ball and Walcott/Lennon etc just races on and scores, so little skill involved.

• captbirdseye 22 Oct 2012 23:15:54 4,782 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    Why is ultimate team so geared towards pacey players? So frustrating when you're dominating a player and they just play a through ball and Walcott/Lennon etc just races on and scores, so little skill involved.
    Always has been the way with fut sadly.
  • reddevil93 22 Oct 2012 23:19:13 11,373 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    reddevil93 wrote:
    Only started playing it this year, really is ruining the experience for me, pity because its a great feature.

• askew 22 Oct 2012 23:25:32 12,025 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Same...

Took my Bronze team online for the first time and got pitched against a squad full of Gold players - with around half the chemistry. And I was holding my own against his superior players, but by half-way through the second half my blokes were running out of steam after chasing down his faster, stronger, more skilful players. And then it was a simple matter of punting long balls to his forwards who could outpace my defence.

So fuck trying to play it the right way, eh? I'll smush together a set of all-stars.
  • captbirdseye 22 Oct 2012 23:37:43 4,782 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    captbirdseye wrote:
    reddevil93 wrote:
    Only started playing it this year, really is ruining the experience for me, pity because its a great feature.
    You can counter it by messing around with custom formations etc and playing you back 2 deep.
  • danathjo 22 Oct 2012 23:45:56 7,222 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Would be nice if I could actually play the game that I payed for but the patch hasn't done shit for my career mode freezing!!

Might have to try another mode in the mean time but I was having so much fun :(
  • Deleted user 23 October 2012 08:23:46
    askew wrote:
    Same...

Took my Bronze team online for the first time and got pitched against a squad full of Gold players - with around half the chemistry. And I was holding my own against his superior players, but by half-way through the second half my blokes were running out of steam after chasing down his faster, stronger, more skilful players. And then it was a simple matter of punting long balls to his forwards who could outpace my defence.

So fuck trying to play it the right way, eh? I'll smush together a set of all-stars.
    Constantly chasing down his players will make your players run out of steam, bronze, silver or gold level. Especially if you're playing consecutive games without adding fitness cards or rotating your players.

I love playing against people who pressure for possession for 90 mins, pass them to death.

Question regarding pace:

Playing against players who rely on pace, drop a defender deep, read his play. ONE dimensional. It's all they have. I'm sorry if you can't play against someone who has fast players its more a fault of the player. Not the game. IMHO of course

Edited by NeverEatYellowSnow at 08:25:29 23-10-2012
  • Page

of 40 First / Last