DayZ - An ARMA II Mod about Zombie Apocalypse Page 68

• Page

of 76 First / Last

• BillMurray 21 Nov 2012 15:02:59 7,239 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Cosquae Chernarus, private hive, 60 odd vehicles I think? Daylight hours only, active/friendly admins(think there's 5 or so admins, sometimes they'll drop vehicles into the middle of electro or cherno to keep things interesting every now and again).
  • INSOMANiAC 22 Nov 2012 03:26:53 3,795 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    My god its a pain in the arse to get this going, downloaded it last night, had errors on both games installations, then an error on Dayz, then I didnt have the right mod... downloading something via that 'playwithsix' thingy so I hope Im doing it right now. Have to be tomorrow when I get to have a go

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• INSOMANiAC 22 Nov 2012 03:52:21 3,795 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well experienced my first game of DayZ! Avoided a zombie, spotted someone, they were weaponless, we went our seperate ways, found a shotgun, shot a zombie that spotted me, managed to escape two really fast fast ones whilst bleeding...... then got kicked from the server. Will have a proper go tomorrow.

all Id like to know is,

How do you get your inventory up
    How do you speak to other people?

Cheers

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Cosquae 22 Nov 2012 07:40:35 1,091 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @INSOMANiAC I would suggest getting 'DayZ Commander' as a way of updating and selecting which servers to play etc. Very useful.

Your inventory is the 'g' button. Bandages are in there. Essential if you're bleeding.

You can speak to other people in the local area (within voice range) by pressing '.' until it scrolls to 'direct channel' and then pressing 'Caps Lock' to activate your mic. Pressing '/' will allow you to type a message instead. Most of us also use out of game chat programs if we're playing with friends however.
  • onestepfromlost 22 Nov 2012 12:42:50 1,967 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    so went and bloody updated without checking when the server will, can i roll back with dayz commander?
  • psychokitten Moderator 22 Nov 2012 12:56:32 7,791 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @INSOMANiAC
    All your needs to knows
    http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

Edited by psychokitten at 12:56:59 22-11-2012
  • Apollo 22 Nov 2012 16:51:34 522 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @onestepfromlost Just roll back using Day Z commander : )
  • onestepfromlost 22 Nov 2012 17:18:26 1,967 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    yeah i found the option cheers. Had some fun times today went bandit hunting, got shot at by helicopter also hunting the same bandit and thinking we were him +1, they came back picked us up went for a fly, pilot got DC'd. SMASHO! Got my gear back though so was totally worth it.
  • INSOMANiAC 22 Nov 2012 17:26:22 3,795 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cheers got the basics down now, had a dabble this morning, fell into a shipping canal and now I have to swim a mile down it to get out, taking forever ! came out of the server and joined another and was put in the same spot.

Is there a server you are all using and how do I find it?

Cheers

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• onestepfromlost 22 Nov 2012 17:31:51 1,967 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    were using uk #10 mostly but its whitelisted the link to the forum post is on the previous page, once your on there you can join up with us and someone can give you the mumble details for voice.
  • INSOMANiAC 22 Nov 2012 17:58:57 3,795 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    onestepfromlost wrote:
    were using uk #10 mostly but its whitelisted the link to the forum post is on the previous page, once your on there you can join up with us and someone can give you the mumble details for voice.
    Cheers, I joined the forum will ahve to get my details when I get home later tonight, all this 'mumbling' talk etc is a mystery to me, only had my pc about 5 days its a long time since I delved into PC gaming. Got a headset but yet to use them. Tonight could be the night !

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• INSOMANiAC 22 Nov 2012 22:28:09 3,795 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    for fucks sakes, I cant get in any servers, keeps saying bad version even though I have the same version as in the name of the server and was able to get in a load this morning??

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• BillMurray 22 Nov 2012 22:57:09 7,239 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Flew a little bird on my friends server this evening. Somehow managed to get my chopper wedged on a STOP sign whilst trying to peek into Cherno church. Took many, many minutes of wiggling to set myself free.
  • onestepfromlost 22 Nov 2012 23:51:14 1,967 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I got into a chopper on your mates server this morning bill, it had spawned too close to the castle and soon as i turned on the rotors they hit the castle walls and sent me cascading down the hill.
  • onestepfromlost 22 Nov 2012 23:52:14 1,967 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    INSOMANiAC wrote:
    for fucks sakes, I cant get in any servers, keeps saying bad version even though I have the same version as in the name of the server and was able to get in a load this morning??
    If you have updated to the newest version i know a lot of the servers havnt updated yet. or could be vice versa you havnt updated and the servers you try to join have.
  • Pompeybear 23 Nov 2012 09:28:32 454 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well , dabbled back into it again last night, and got high jacked. Threw my gun down etc. Then the twat shot me. Even had the decency to say 'sorry bro' before doing it. Knobber.

Found a bike a felt like I was in Amsterdam peddling through cherno :-)
  • Pompeybear 23 Nov 2012 10:22:56 454 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    BillMurray wrote:
    Oh, also thought i'd pimp me and my friends server. We're a friendly bunch, there's regular server resets every 6 hours and always plenty of vehicles knocking about. The server is going to be around for a long while so if people want to build up a proper camp of their own then it's suitable for that.

Grimsby Survivors - 5.63.147.44:2372
    Will sort it when i get home from work
  • Tomo 23 Nov 2012 20:04:08 13,843 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hellooo. I have just got this myself and would like to hook up with like minded individuals, GSOH, up-for-anything, err...

So. Yeah. Advice?

I'll get myself on that uk#10 whitelist. Probably try out Grimbsy.
  • Tomo 23 Nov 2012 20:47:20 13,843 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sigh. I forgot how irritating getting mods working could be.

I'm getting a Battleye error message when I join Grimbsy. I get the screen where I can see players on the server, then press connect, the loading bar moves up and then I get the error "You were kicked off the game: Battleye client not responding"

Any advice anyone?
  • BillMurray 23 Nov 2012 20:52:11 7,239 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hmm, is it just the Grimsby server it's happening on?

When you get into the lobby you should see in the bottom left hand corner if your Battleye is up to date or not. If it isn't all you should need to do is hang around in the lobby for a bit and it'll give you a notification to say that it's updating ect.
  • Tomo 23 Nov 2012 21:02:40 13,843 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What version should Battleye be? v1.183?
  • Tomo 23 Nov 2012 21:09:13 13,843 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ok, so I connected to the Lobby again. It said Battleye v1.182 initialized, then I got kicked off the server before I even pressed join.

How can I update Battleye? This page only seems to have v1.62?!: http://www.battleye.com/download.html
  • Tomo 23 Nov 2012 21:20:16 13,843 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ok. I downloaded a few Battleye files, copy-pasted to various folders and it now says v1.183 when I'm in the lobby, but when I connect it kicks me off still. Battleye failed to initialise.

FFS. I've spent the last 2 hours stuck with this. Girlfriend is going to get back soon as well. Arghh.
  • BillMurray 23 Nov 2012 21:22:29 7,239 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've had a ton of problems with Bartlett in the past to be honest. All my friends have no trouble apart from me. I think I had the same problem as you and I'm struggling to think how I solved it but ill have a dog through the Bohemia forums and see if I can find any solutions.
  • Tomo 23 Nov 2012 21:22:37 13,843 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ok, tried another server. Same problem.
  • Tomo 23 Nov 2012 21:34:54 13,843 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I have a Steam version btw - do I need to install the Operation Arrowhead Beta that came with it? I didn't actually do that...
  • BillMurray 23 Nov 2012 21:53:36 7,239 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I have the steam version too but I usually launch from dayzcommander. I'd install the beta patch for good measure but I don't think that'll fix the battleye problem. I'm hoping someone with more knowledge will come along and diagnose the problem in a jiffy.

Edited by BillMurray at 21:54:16 23-11-2012
  • Tomo 23 Nov 2012 22:04:54 13,843 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Finally got the cunt working. A mix of things. I had to change my Multiplexing on my router to LLC as it's a Netgear DGN1000. I reinstalled Battleye through Steam (which gave me a Waiting for character to create" error). Then I copied the beta Arma2OA .exe over the normal Arma2OA.exe.

And now I'm on a beach...

wrekl gne irub heroug hdiuf hbuerh vdfj via CUNTYFLAPS

Ok, I'm ready.
  • Tomo 23 Nov 2012 22:05:31 13,843 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What is chat btw?!
  • Tomo 24 Nov 2012 00:22:05 13,843 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This is a lot of fun. Terrifying, but fun.

There's some really unintuitive design in it though. The inventory seems cack, frankly.

My second play I actually found some weapons, but then managed to burn myself almost to death with a flare (I think?!) and somehow I broke my leg... so I jumped off a building to end that one.
  • Page

of 76 First / Last