DayZ Page 67

• Page

of 76 First / Last

• Scurrminator 25 Sep 2012 11:06:25 8,437 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    anyone having an issue with dayz commander?
    site seems to be down and in the program itself it's unable to grab the version from the server to check if it's up to date...

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• BillMurray 2 Oct 2012 15:00:41 7,789 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Finally gotten back into this now I've moved onto a private hive after renting a server with some friends. It's completely different with a nice quiet server and (so far) no hackers.
  • Leolian 3 Oct 2012 09:30:47 1,087 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is anyone runing an EG private server for this?
  • Cosquae 3 Oct 2012 10:03:40 1,227 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Leolian No, not that I know of anyway. I think many people are waiting for the stand alone.
  • Leolian 3 Oct 2012 10:22:58 1,087 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah. It's unplayable currently. Really says a lot about human nature ie 14 year old boys are tossers.
  • Cosquae 3 Oct 2012 11:21:20 1,227 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    On a white-listed private hive it's apparently quite playable nowadays.
  • platinums 3 Nov 2012 20:24:06 2 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    best bet is to register at a private hive, then get a password to play.

Found this one recently, Dayz Bounty
    They have this crazy idea that you can win money if you are skilled at PvP.
    I had this idea ages ago, alas it stayed as a figment for me.
    (i am not affiliated in any way with said site)

or Dayz Redux, they are doing interesting things with the gun and vehicle selection, admins are also pretty on point as far as hacking so its wiped out pretty quickly.
  • Scurrminator 3 Nov 2012 21:08:53 8,437 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm on a white listed private and it's great. Side chat is on so you can taunt or ask for help. Admins are about pretty much 24/7; everyone starts with a g17 and its populated with over 100 vehicles.

• monkehhh 3 Nov 2012 21:20:36 3,422 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Man, I haven't played this since the early glory days - think it was mid-June. All this talk of decent servers, my Arma disc is screaming at me!
  • bodhi85uk 3 Nov 2012 21:42:55 179 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Installed this today via dayzcommander. All beta patched and updated...

Server pings are pretty good, 60-100 or so, however when I get into the game I get ping spikes up to 2000 and get kicked by battleeye.

Its a fresh OS install, No antivirus or applications downloading in the background. Any suggestions?

Edit: Fixed! Port Forwarding. BT Homehub has an setting under the advanced options for 'Steam Games', in case anyone else has a similar issue

Edited by bodhi85uk at 18:40:01 06-11-2012
  • onestepfromlost 3 Nov 2012 21:50:36 2,083 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ok who is still playing this? and are they playing on private servers?
    No idea bodhi tbh sorry mate.
  • Cosquae 4 Nov 2012 10:14:40 1,227 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    There are a few of us playing on one particular server. UK#10. Ping for me around 30-40ms. It's a private, non-hive server.

It's whitelisted (or in the process of being) and works reasonably well. Plenty of vehicles (I think double the normal number and 4x heli)

Fearganamin, Jagg3r, Neut and myself last I saw, though there may be others, together with a few not of EG. Friendly admins too.

I think the game is mostly in a state of limbo now waiting for the standalone where upon most people will switch to that, probably in the next month or so.

Edited by Cosquae at 10:15:12 04-11-2012
  • onestepfromlost 4 Nov 2012 13:24:33 2,083 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So how do i go about being whitelisted? Im tempted to get back into a bit of this again, despite having a backlog of other games.
  • Cosquae 4 Nov 2012 15:26:07 1,227 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If you've got an account on the DayZmod forum then...

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/103593-uk10-uk-zombie-world-whitelist-applications/

You'll need your character name, location and GUID (General User ID).

To get your GUID get into any game and type in '#beclient guid' to get a long alpha-numeric string which is your GUID.

I don't think whitelisting is on for a few more days yet though.
  • onestepfromlost 4 Nov 2012 15:44:25 2,083 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    excellent now all i need is freetime at a normal tiem of day for us to get some team madness.
  • Scurrminator 4 Nov 2012 17:24:22 8,437 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So on that server I frequent there is a group of people who load up trucks full of gear and then stash them in the woods. They hog all the vehicles too.
    They like to lure players in offering trades and such and then usually ambush them and steal their stuff.
    I saw this happening in the side chat; they were arranging to meet a guy to swap sniper rifles.
    I had a motorbike and set a waypoint for stary where they were meeting. It was 5k away but I floored it.
    I got off just outside and made my way to a good vantage point. As I was crawling to get a good position I stumbled on the lorry they were using loaded with stuff! Hopped in and started driving; one came out of the woods and I smushed him good!
    Unfortunately his two friends riddled the lorry full of holes as I drove off. A least the lorry blew up and they lost their shit.
    Also found a helicopter and collected two friends to man the guns. A few minutes earlier one of them had had a car stolen so we flew in the direction he had headed and gunned him down as he drove up the highway. That was great. Needs more moments like those but most people are so scared of losing stuff they hoard and hide!

• Neut 6 Nov 2012 01:48:34 377 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Cosquae wrote:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/103593-uk10-uk-zombie-world-whitelist-applications/

To get your GUID get into any game and type in '#beclient guid' to get a long alpha-numeric string which is your GUID.

Hey Cosquae, my friends and I are on that server too, (EDIT: Whoops just saw that you already saw me on) usually banditing it up in Electro or Cherno with Enfields and such. Good laugh and it's nice to see a server that allows banditry and being general player killing asshats.

Spent earlier trying to convince a player that him getting shot by us multiple times, then getting rage determination, coming back, and killing 2 of us was probably the best fun he had all evening.

EDIT AGAIN: Oh Jag's on EG! We bumped into Fearganainm randomly around the Cherno apartments a while back and decided not to shoot on sight for once and say hi. Ended up grouping together, finding vehicles and driving to NW airfield.

Edited by Neut at 01:55:58 06-11-2012

Edited by Neut at 01:57:37 06-11-2012
  • Cosquae 6 Nov 2012 07:37:22 1,227 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Neut Yeah, the reason I know you're on the same server is... we've killed you before ;)

Fearganamin and myself were out driving and got shot at. We had a firefight in the next town and turned out to be you! You had an M4 or something or another.

Personally I'm waiting until they turn whitelisting back on again before getting back in, but it is a good server.
  • Neut 6 Nov 2012 09:15:56 377 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh yeh I remember that, although calling it a firefight at the next town is a bit generous - you guys completely had the jump on me and cut me down :p The side chat afterwards when we realised what had happened was funny though. Don't think I ever apologised for shooting at you guys either, so sorry about that, being a bandit and all.
  • Cosquae 6 Nov 2012 09:57:03 1,227 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Neut That's ok, it was Fearganamin who cut you down, not sure what I was doing at the time. Trying to repair the vehicle as I understand it.

Speaking as a fellow bandit, I never apologise for shooting people ;)
  • bodhi85uk 7 Nov 2012 21:05:52 179 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've only been playing for a few days so still have a lot to learn. Just walked into a shootout at the Cherno supermarket while on a loot run after losing all my gear when I logged on. Killed them both as they seemed intent on killing somebody. I noticed somebody run around the back out the corner of my eye, so flanked him. He was unarmed and looked fresh, and I killed him for some reason. I know what Rocket meant now, I dont know why I did that, I had taken the ammo off the 2 bodies.

Fast forward 45 mins, I've been running around Balota airfield, swapped my Enfield for an MP5, got lots of nice bits of kit in my bag, and check out the deer stands to the south. I find a DMR! And do a little wee with excitement.Having just come from the hangars, I know there are a few more mags in there so head back, checking around as I go. While In the hangars I hear a loud noise, but couldn't say it was a gunshot. I finish what I'm doing and head outside, belly flopping under the hole in the wall, standing up before I scuttle off towards the woods.

Crack, Crack, broken leg, another bang and I'm dead. Karma I guess

Lessons learned.
  • Apollo 7 Nov 2012 21:35:51 523 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Neut Don't worry mate:) You got me outside Cherno Appts a few days later. I was on my own and I heard someone on local chat saying that I was inside and that they were gonna kill me. I shot first. Server desynced and when I logged back in you popped me. Twas only after that I realised it was you. Soz...
  • MrWonderstuff 13 Nov 2012 13:28:09 1,939 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Having got bored with DayZ (all weapons, all locations scouted, hackers aplenty) a little while back I thought I'd try the Namalsk map. Very atmospheric and great to be somewhere which I haven't been to before. Alone and unarmed I died a couple of times due to hunger and a twat camping a deer stand. Third time I found a city much like Pripyat with a massive helicopter perched on the roof of one of the myriad of bombed out buildings. Very oppressive but really immersive. Oh and I have just found a UAZ fully working too - have hidden it so hopefully it will be there when I log in later. Anyway give it a go if you are bit bored of Chernarus.
  • BillMurray 18 Nov 2012 18:40:38 7,789 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cosquae wrote:

I've applied! I spend most of my time on private hives now. Much better than public.
  • Pompeybear 19 Nov 2012 11:28:28 454 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hmm , do i get back into this ? :-)
  • BillMurray 19 Nov 2012 21:23:42 7,789 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh, also thought i'd pimp me and my friends server. We're a friendly bunch, there's regular server resets every 6 hours and always plenty of vehicles knocking about. The server is going to be around for a long while so if people want to build up a proper camp of their own then it's suitable for that.

Grimsby Survivors - 5.63.147.44:2372

Edited by BillMurray at 21:24:34 19-11-2012
  • Cosquae 20 Nov 2012 09:41:09 1,227 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @BillMurray Whitelisted? Public or private hive? Daylight hours? Features? Map?
  • Pompeybear 21 Nov 2012 09:23:03 454 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cosque , what is whitelisting?
  • onestepfromlost 21 Nov 2012 09:28:11 2,083 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    whitelisting is when a server has a list of usernames and in armaIIs cases i think your battleeye ID which it checks when you log in, if you are not on the list you get booted.
  • Cosquae 21 Nov 2012 11:06:04 1,227 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, it's sort of like a bouncer on the door. "If your name is not on the list, you're not coming in!" sort of idea.

Stops a lot of hackers and scripters coming in to an otherwise busy server, assuming you can trust all those on the whitelist.
  • Page

of 76 First / Last