DayZ - An ARMA II Mod about Zombie Apocalypse Page 66

• Page

of 76 First / Last

• Scurrminator 11 Sep 2012 13:52:26 8,395 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    hmmm, just had a 'friendly' hacker who teleported everyone. When we were teleported we had a box in front of us with an AS50, ammo, food, NVGs - everything you'd need. random!
    What the hacker giveth, he taketh away!
    Boo. This game sucks sometimes :-(

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• thefilthandthefury 11 Sep 2012 19:15:01 24,983 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wanting to try this out right now for some reason... the need is strong! Anybody know where I can get ARMA cheapest at the moment? I want a Steam key, but the Steam version is 25. Was hoping for a few quid off that! Even a fiver less would do.
  • thefilthandthefury 11 Sep 2012 19:32:53 24,983 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Actually, I've just seen that you only need ARMA II: Free plus the Operation Arrowhead add-on. Is that true? I thought you needed the Combined Operations pack OR both ARMA II and the add-on... I didn't think the free one would count.
  • Cosquae 11 Sep 2012 19:46:19 1,215 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Free will work, so long as you buy the Operation Arrowhead expansion. Not sure all the textures will look as pretty but it's cheaper. Went for the non-steam combined ops myself.

Not sure if the Bohemia Interactive store is any cheaper (or steam enabled) since it's down for me atm.
  • thefilthandthefury 11 Sep 2012 19:48:23 24,983 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah it's down for me too... it was working earlier on but I didn't note the price!

Might just end up buying the Combined Ops then... the textures on ARMA II: Free (which I already have) are pretty bloody terrible.
  • jagg3r 11 Sep 2012 20:13:22 1,030 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @thefilthandthefeury
    https://cdkeys.com.au/products/Arma-2:-Combined-Operations.html?setCurrencyId=3

Cheapest around at the moment, i personally haven't used cdkeys but they get good reviews, ive used alot of other digital sites in the past with no problems.
  • thefilthandthefury 11 Sep 2012 20:15:57 24,983 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah great, thanks a lot! I'll check out a few reviews of that site to see what the score is. Seems good so far though!
  • Cosquae 11 Sep 2012 23:56:45 1,215 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Party Ural (tm) was a great success and one unfortunate death aside, the night was a triumph. Lots of guns, zombies, bad driving and raiding. Even an ATV race around the airfield thrown in (I won though Apollo did try to do most of it on two wheels).

Followed by two heavy machine guns taking down wave after wave of zombies. Very therapeutic.

Parked up somewhere safe and quiet hopefully for more fun soon.
  • Apollo 12 Sep 2012 00:12:24 523 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @cosquae Good crack alright wasting hundred of rounds :) Screenies look good.
  • Rusty_M 12 Sep 2012 18:44:31 4,639 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    SuperBas wrote:
    Scurrminator wrote:
    hmmm, just had a 'friendly' hacker who teleported everyone. When we were teleported we had a box in front of us with an AS50, ammo, food, NVGs - everything you'd need. random!
    Sounds like the Hunger Games. Did everyone kill each other to get to the goodies?
    That's actually a brilliant idea for a mod. Just read the trilogy this week. I can see it being great. Spawn in a random section of the map with various dangers and weapons all over the place, last one alive wins.

One problem could be the issue of game length, unless someone clever managed to program the dangers to draw players towards each other as numbers drop.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Cosquae 12 Sep 2012 19:07:54 1,215 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    With a reworking of the loot spawns whereby all spawns are non-replenishable (like helicopter crash loot is now) and where there are no animals (or water bottles) and where the only guaranteed / renewable form of food and water was at a pre-set location then that would slowly draw people in towards that location once non-replenishable stocks have been exhausted.

/hides out with a sniper rifle.

Also on a different note, if anyone wants to join us, we now have a base camp, vehicles and enough equipment to outfit an army... and the Party Ural!
  • MikeP 13 Sep 2012 10:25:14 1,800 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Cosquae What server are you on with all your goodtimes party gear?

PSN ID: Mikenetic

• Cosquae 13 Sep 2012 10:43:35 1,215 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    PM sent
  • Scurrminator 13 Sep 2012 13:43:42 8,395 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So someone was kind enough to leave a car (unfueled) in the southwest airstrip hanger.
    My friend and I have been using it for the past few days and it makes things so much easier! Hitting shops is super fast, one in while the getaway driver sits outside with the engine on!
    Just hit the Northern airfield and rinsed the location in ten minutes. I drove around with a gaggle of zombies following me whilst I beeped the horn while my friend cleared the area out.
    Good stuff!

• Cosquae 13 Sep 2012 13:46:34 1,215 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Vehicles are great until you crash them. Very easy to get yourself blown up unless you slow down before bumping into something.

Blew up my pick up truck last night trying to ram it into an ATV I flipped by mistake. Rammed the ATV into a wall and boom... ATV was fine though. Demolished a concrete wall.
  • psychokitten Moderator 13 Sep 2012 13:52:36 7,794 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I crashed a tractor into a low wall one time, or a rock, and it blew up and essentially would have killed me. Was fun driving it around for a while though.
  • Cosquae 13 Sep 2012 13:57:40 1,215 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @psychokitten Welcome to come on over to 'Camp ' and play around with the vehicles and big guns. Filled a Ural and 2 tents full of stuff now.
  • psychokitten Moderator 13 Sep 2012 14:05:47 7,794 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Awesomesauce. I haven't been on to play in ages, I almost felt like going on a suicidal run since I'm not about much, but then I thought even if I don't play I don't want to lose my fancy weapons and NVGs!
  • Scurrminator 13 Sep 2012 20:50:23 8,395 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Cosquae pm me dude!

• Cosquae 13 Sep 2012 21:14:21 1,215 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Alas, sorry all, camp is gone :(

Server restart killed it... thought that was supposed to be fixed.
  • Scurrminator 13 Sep 2012 22:03:31 8,395 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    We shall rebuild!

• MikeP 14 Sep 2012 11:39:17 1,800 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hopped onto the same server as Cos and the gang last night. Didn't see anyone, but thanks to a tip-off from them I'm now in possession of a mahoosive backpack, DMR and Bizon-SD.

No map yet but I'm reasonably comfortable using the out of game map and landmarks now.

PSN ID: Mikenetic

• Cosquae 14 Sep 2012 12:11:21 1,215 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bleh, died.

Sniping outside Balotta and I get teleported to the middle of the ocean and dropped.

At least FTL is out now...
  • thefilthandthefury 15 Sep 2012 09:30:55 24,983 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm so unbelievably terrible at this game. I can search for hours and hours, barely surviving... and still not find a bloody weapon! Not even an axe! BAH!
  • bbvDJC 15 Sep 2012 19:42:11 1,709 posts
    Seen 30 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    How do I install this with Steam?

I have ARMA and OA from steam and downloaded commander but it won't update my arma to the latest version!
  • Rusty_M 16 Sep 2012 11:53:06 4,639 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have to use a different shortcut to the beta patch, rather than running it directly from steam. I do have this shortcut in my steam library, but I've added it as a non-steam game.

Basically, purchased through steam
    installed dayz and beta patch
    created shortcut to beta patch
    added shortcut as non steam game in steam.

I don't know if that helps or not.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• bbvDJC 16 Sep 2012 16:55:35 1,709 posts
    Seen 30 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah. Sorted it last night eventually, and proceeded to find out I would suck if anything turned into zombies.
  • Scurrminator 17 Sep 2012 13:29:59 8,395 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bah.
    So some guy was basically teleporting around the game world and killing peeps with his uber gun :-( lost my AS50 as well as other assorted goodies along with everyone else on the server.
    Reaching the end for me now, will have to wait for the full game me thinks.

• Dunneh 21 Sep 2012 11:05:26 150 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Guys if you want a cheat free server join FR140. It runs gotcha-anti hack which pretty much blocks all scripting including teleports, weapon spawning and other stuff. I've been playing on it almost every day this week and i have seen no hacks. It's also a pretty hardcore pvp server :)

It has a chat window at the bottom left which shows the ban actions so you can see when people try to hack weapons in and then get banned.

Cheers
  • Scurrminator 21 Sep 2012 12:01:07 8,395 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It is so easy to cheat.
    A friend and i tried running a script and it's so simple it's sickening and it seems you are only caught if someone sees and reports you.
    The amount of hacking going on is crazy. Joined a server yesterday where all of the buildings you could enter blew up and were rubble!

• Page

of 76 First / Last