DayZ - An ARMA II Mod about Zombie Apocalypse Page 63

• Page

of 76 First / Last

• caligari 25 Aug 2012 19:35:15 16,986 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    Unfortunately from what I can gather there's no way to ban the hackers. Ruined the game.

Had a new one the other night, a script where a VoiceOver said something like "up into the air we go" before every player on the map was catapulted sky high before plummeting back to our deaths. If it happens again I'm going to try to log off mid-air.

Hacks that give people better gear are one thing but the griefing ones are just fucking pointless.
    I know it's wrong, but that actually sounds hilarious.

At least these idiots are creative.
  • Br0ken_Engli5h 26 Aug 2012 13:17:58 1,190 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    After being instakilled by a scripter and losing my M4A4 CCO, pack and AK74U on the edge of Elektro I decided to try scavenge my stuff back if possible.
    After 2 more instakills (which actually did me a favour seeing as a I spawned in Kamenka) I managed to get to my body only to find it almost completely stripped. There was a dead ghillied-up sniper nearby who had 2 hacked weapons, though. He had a PDW SD and a M40A3 as well as a M4A4, NVG,rangfinder and pack, all of which I ended up taking.
    Bollocks to it. I've had quite a few deaths at the hands of scripters in the past few weeks, losing loads of decent equipment and time.
  • Br0ken_Engli5h 26 Aug 2012 14:28:00 1,190 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fuck me ragged. I've just logged back in and my character lasted no longer than 10 seconds without suddenly dying. I only had chance to log in and go to the edge of the treeline I'd logged out from before it happened.

I can't be arsed with this game for a while. It's beyond a joke how bad all this scripting has become.
  • Deleted user 27 August 2012 09:41:12
    I hope the zombies gnaw your cock off.
  • BillMurray 27 Aug 2012 11:28:01 7,604 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Anyone had any problems with Battleye failing to update? Had this 2 or 3 times whilst my other friends had no problems, then updated via sixupdater and now I'm getting a 'Bad serial number given in setup' as the game loads which bumps me back to desktop.

I thought technical problems were behind me by now..

Edit* Fixed!

Edited by BillMurray at 12:58:00 27-08-2012
  • WoodenSpoon 27 Aug 2012 15:25:50 12,275 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've had it not auto-update a couple of times, maybe because of Peerblock. Updating manually always fixed it though.
  • Pompeybear 27 Aug 2012 16:36:26 454 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Cosquae Hi mate, thanks for the Cooked meat ! sorry i had to log off, boy was throwing a double six after waking up . I lasted quite a while then i found a different pack....put it on and lost all my water ! Died but am heading to Zelen again. Have managed to get a double barrel shotgun !
  • Cosquae 27 Aug 2012 18:10:01 1,204 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Pompeybear No worries, death is all part of the game (though I've never died of thirst before myself). No longer in Zelen myself, I think Jagg3r and I roamed north after I took him around the NW Airfield to get him kitted out better. Got plenty of spare odds and sods so shout if you need a hand.
  • onestepfromlost 27 Aug 2012 21:04:35 2,039 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    will have to find a time im free when i can get some group action going. i only seem to be free when noone else is about. Not as fun solo
  • richardiox 27 Aug 2012 23:06:13 5,535 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Played several times over the bank holiday and it's just a clusterfuck of hackers. I could just about tolerate griefing on say Battlefield but the heavily risk orientated nature of DayZ means that the game is ruined by hacking. Don't want to spend 4 hours scavenging survival tools and orienteering north just to be instakilled again and again.

It really is a griefers wet dream and I don't think there will be anyway to stop it happening - with this free Alpha version anyway.

Oh well, gonna sink some time into Arma2 now instead.
  • onestepfromlost 27 Aug 2012 23:37:50 2,039 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Let's get our own non hive server and password it.
  • richardiox 27 Aug 2012 23:54:52 5,535 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'd potentially be up for that on the assumption the hacking is only going to get worse (the 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em' principle)
  • Cosquae 28 Aug 2012 07:49:54 1,204 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Not had any hacking problems of late that I can tell. Even managed to fix the artifacting problem I had. Though I do tend to pick quieter servers which helps since they don't attract the griefing hackers nearly as much.

Last night with Jagg3r we were practically tripping over crashed helicopters out in fields.
  • geeza2020 28 Aug 2012 13:00:37 1,878 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well, i think I'm done. It could be a great game, but the hacking and the random bugs just ruin the game when you're also having to deal with twats who are just camped somewhere randomnly picking off people who wander by. I cant believe I've lost everything again, and just dont have the energy to go back through it all just to die randomnly in a field somewhere. I had an AK, a G17, a Winchester, compass, map, miltary torch, morphine injector, toolbox, ALICE pack, hunting knife, matches, water bottles... so much stuff. I was just looking around the farms near Noby Sobor for wood so I could make a fire and cook some meat to restore some health and zip sniper shot - dead, no idea who the fuck shot me or from where....

I guess the most important thing to glean from this is, dont bother playing the game AT ALL if you're not in a group - dying is just too fucking costly :(
  • caligari 28 Aug 2012 13:03:31 16,986 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Possibly a silly question, but do you always start back at the beach if you die?
  • Cosquae 28 Aug 2012 13:05:04 1,204 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yup, respawn points are along the coastline.
  • richardiox 28 Aug 2012 13:15:44 5,535 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @geeza2020

Just to rub salt in the wounds it was probably a hacker with god mode on teleporting around the map killing everyone then changing server every 30mins to do the same.

That was my experience over the weekend, got shot whilst in a wood in middle of nowhere with most kit I've ever had. Gutted. Tested my theory by respawning and going prone in an obscurely located bush. 60 seconds later, dead again. Respawn, hide, count to 60, dead again. Log the fuck off.
  • caligari 28 Aug 2012 14:28:53 16,986 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hackers aside, I've started to have more fun with this game.

Had a chance for my first 'murder' earlier on, but I just couldn't do it - especially when I realised that the guy was threatening me with his torch.

Had a close call with a bandit who I didn't even realise was near me - I only noticed him once he had twenty zombies chasing him into the trees.

Edited by caligari at 14:29:37 28-08-2012
  • WoodenSpoon 28 Aug 2012 14:59:09 12,275 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The trouble is that for a lone player there's just no reason not to kill everyone you see. Especially once you've got anything worth keeping a hold of.

Now that the side chat thing is gone from most servers the problem's even worse because no one communicates at all.
  • richardiox 28 Aug 2012 15:23:54 5,535 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Can you hold more than one primary weapon at a time using the default starting backpack?
  • MMMarmite 28 Aug 2012 15:29:56 992 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @richardiox you can a second sidearm, but main weapons take up 10 slots and iirc the starting backpack only has 8
  • psychokitten Moderator 28 Aug 2012 15:36:29 7,794 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A primary weapon uses 10 slots, if you try to force one into a normal starting backpack it will disappear.

Note if you have a backpack with 10 slots, and you want to switch main weapons, move the one from your backpack to your inventory (left to right) rather than vice versa. Any time you try the other way, forcing a weapon into a backpack without enough slots will make it disappear.
  • Pompeybear 28 Aug 2012 16:15:40 454 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Jesus wept, why is the gear so buggy?

Well last night I came face to face with someone else (other than Cosquae) . I knew he was in the building as I had been watching him and he must have heard me firing off a few shots in the area. Eventually I spotted him ...... I panicked and shot him , wish I hadn't as he reacted and shot me killing us both! Feel a bit guilty but the old FPS reactions kicked in. I think its available to watch on my twitch channel, it was the last thing I broadcast last night so will be on the last few minutes of my last one.(it will be in shit resolution due to recordings on twitch being rubbish compared to actual broadcast) my channel is www.twitch.tv/marky1690 . Is in process of a revamp.
  • MikeP 28 Aug 2012 22:21:35 1,765 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    For a game that tries to do most things the long-winded way, moving ammo automatically when you put a gun into a bag is infuriating. I've just realised that's why I've lost all the ammo for both a CZ5 and an AKM. Humpf.
  • MikeP 29 Aug 2012 23:09:22 1,765 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well I've had an eventful evening. Scouting some deer stands near Prud I come across a bandit corpse.

Throwing caution to the wind I sneak up to him and find an AS50 with 10 rounds of ammo. Result.

Then I spot a heli crash site in the field across the way. Not needing anything, I watch it for a bit, hiding under a pine tree in a Ghillie suit. I check my map, and flick out of it to see another bandit leg it past me about 25m away.

He stops about 100m from me, back turned. I have the AS50, and I can't miss. I don't. One round is all it takes. I pinch the best of what he has, and hide his body. He's the only person I've ever killed in Day Z. He deserved it.

Feels good, man. :D

Edited by MikeP at 23:10:14 29-08-2012
  • richardiox 29 Aug 2012 23:15:30 5,535 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Getting really pissed off with the dead soldier texture glitch. Made it to Stary after an eventfull trek but can't actually loot any of the tents because as soon as I turn the camera in the direction of a dead soldier I get huge white triangles everywhere. Even if the corpse isn't being directly rendered it still happens. Really fucking annoying as I want some military grade goodness. Happens at the airports too.
    Tried switching up graphics settings, dropping texture size and video memory but to no avail.
  • Apollo 30 Aug 2012 01:24:52 523 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Up near Vyota heading north when some russian starts crooning in my ear. Go prone, when silenced rounds start to zing by. Take a hit, so get up and start to run zig zagging for about 100 yds. Snaaaap! Leg breaks go down. Finishes me off. Never saw him.
    Respawn by lighthouse near Kamenka. Chopper crash in flames near by. Go over to look for bodies. Find an ammo crate which has 10 each of every fuckin' thing in the game along with hacked weapons. Take a few items, blow the rest to pieces with a satchel charge. Felt good man...
  • Cosquae 30 Aug 2012 07:41:00 1,204 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @richardiox http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/yhksh/successful_graphics_glitch_fix_for_nvidia_gpu/

No idea if you run nVidia or not, but that fixed it for me when messing around in graphics options would not.
  • caligari 30 Aug 2012 07:54:03 16,986 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    Getting really pissed off with the dead soldier texture glitch. Made it to Stary after an eventfull trek but can't actually loot any of the tents because as soon as I turn the camera in the direction of a dead soldier I get huge white triangles everywhere. Even if the corpse isn't being directly rendered it still happens. Really fucking annoying as I want some military grade goodness. Happens at the airports too.
    Tried switching up graphics settings, dropping texture size and video memory but to no avail.
    I'm kind of glad that I'm not the only one with that glitch - I thought it was just a problem with my system.
  • Page

of 76 First / Last