Mortal Kombat Vita Page 2

• Page

of 4 First / Last

• heavy_salad 7 May 2012 22:07:26 744 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Not sure what I think of this tbh. Finding it really difficult to pull off any combos - I dunno if I'm pressing the buttons too slowly or too quickly. Plus it really doesn't look very good - I know it runs very smoothly, which saves it in that respect I guess.

Much prefer BlazBlue for Vita fighters so far.
  • Help_me 7 May 2012 23:55:58 942 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    too slow. only figured that out after rapid firing square!

There's two Shao Kahns? Blimey.
  • Darren 8 May 2012 14:53:37 9,080 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I was working my way through the tutorials at lunch time and have found myself unable to progress beyond a certain point because although the controls I input exactly matched what was on the screen, it didn't register for some reason. So I thought I'd try out the Fatality moves instead and that started well but eventually I got to characters where their fatalities would not execute even though I was stood inside the green box and inputting the correct sequence of moves. At first I thought my timing might have been off but the infinite timing mode means that precise timing is not required anyway.

Anyone else noticed this?

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 4 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 SC, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Murbs 8 May 2012 14:57:01 22,586 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I haven't bought it. I can't see beyond the unappealing art style and gore which turn me off completely.
  • Deleted user 8 May 2012 15:34:17
    Right, I've just finished playing a 1 hour trial of the PS3 version and it's superb! I was a massive MK fan back in the Sega days but apart from MK Deception on the GameCube I largely neglected the series in favour of Tekken, Street Fighter and Soul Calibur. This game feels so different though; both compared to its rivals and its predecessors.

I'm on the fence about which version to buy though. Motorstorm RC takes up most of my Vita playtime so dunno if I should get it on console or on portable. Has anyone played both versions? Which one feels more comfortable? Since the Vita has fewer buttons then a standard DualShock are some moves more awkward to pull off than others? Any information or advice would be be appreciated :D
  • heavy_salad 8 May 2012 18:00:45 744 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Help_me wrote:

Hmm, if I'm too slow I might have to give up I think. Don't think I can go any faster.
  • el_pollo_diablo 8 May 2012 20:01:33 2,148 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @sfp_noodle

I have it on both vita and ps3. The ps3 version looks much better than this version so it's really all down to how much that's going to bother you. To be honest it does bother me a bit.

Beyond that, and as far as playing the game goes, its just as good on the vita. Same framerate and whatnot. Id also say that the dpad on the vita is up the with the dual shock for my money, so for me it's about the portability (it's a decent fit in terms of genre - perfect for a 6 minute commute) -vs- slightly ropey visuals.

I say get the vita version.
  • Help_me 8 May 2012 20:10:14 942 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    heavy_salad wrote:
    Help_me wrote:

Hmm, if I'm too slow I might have to give up I think. Don't think I can go any faster.
    Yeah difficult to do combos. I've never really done combos anyway. Although i got my ass kicked online. He was doing combos!
  • Deleted user 8 May 2012 22:33:30
    @el_pollo_diablo

I opted for the Vita version in the end for the benefit of portability. I read some reviews and the controls are largely unchanged so that's good to know. The visuals look good enough, I'd rather take a smooth 60fps over prettier graphics. Anyway, it should hopefully arrive within the next couple of days so looking forward to firing it up! :D
  • jonsaan 8 May 2012 22:46:01 25,440 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Are there lots of different costumes you can unlock does anyone know?

Edited by jonsaan at 22:46:18 08-05-2012

FCUTA!

• Deleted user 8 May 2012 22:48:11
    What do the graphics in this look like?

Some people have been pretty scathing over the vita conversion, esp when you consider how good BlazBlue and Marvel vs Capcom 3 is on the vita.
  • jonsaan 8 May 2012 22:51:24 25,440 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The fact that MK has single player content automatically elevates it above any other Vita fighting game for me.

FCUTA!

• Deleted user 8 May 2012 22:58:33
    jonsaan wrote:
    The fact that MK has single player content automatically elevates it above any other Vita fighting game for me.
    Try playing Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend then on vita it has single player content in spades, Arcade mode and story mode for each character
  • Deleted user 8 May 2012 23:42:11
    Oops wrong thread

Edited by mowgli at 23:42:53 08-05-2012
  • Rufus 9 May 2012 01:12:06 1,756 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I got this on Saturday and absolutely love it.

@espibara, It's a bit unfair of them to slag off the graphics when it's obvious that cuts had to be made somewhere in order to fit all the content onto the card. If that content wasn't included for the sake of better graphics it would've been criticised for being a straight port. FWIW, the gameplay is very smooth and satisfying and I've had no problems with pulling off moves/fatalities (so far, anyway).

Some nice use of the Vita's features, especially in the bonus challenge tower. There's been some genuinely funny moments in it so far as well. Not too keen on using the right stick to tag in other fighters though.

@jonsaan, yes there are alternate costumes, some exclusive to Vita I think. They're unlocked in the Krypt area by using the coins won from battles/bonus rounds etc.
  • Help_me 9 May 2012 09:07:44 942 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Rufus If you go into the control settings you can re-map the tag.
  • heavy_salad 9 May 2012 11:45:34 744 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    espibara wrote:
    What do the graphics in this look like?

Some people have been pretty scathing over the vita conversion, esp when you consider how good BlazBlue and Marvel vs Capcom 3 is on the vita.
    Pretty poor imo. I think I've been spoilt by BlazBlue though which looks lovely.
  • Help_me 9 May 2012 12:21:38 942 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    From what I saw of Blazblu it looked too cartoony.

The only problem I have with MK is the pre fight three second intro.

Check out You Tube there are loads of vids up on it.

Edited by Help_me at 12:32:10 09-05-2012
  • Help_me 10 May 2012 09:51:50 942 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Finished him (it). Great game and fully recommended. Now to play it on Expert!

Only played online once and got my ass handed to me. Some people are insanely good at this!
  • jonsaan 10 May 2012 18:13:09 25,440 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Picked this up today. Not tried it yet!

FCUTA!

• Help_me 10 May 2012 18:16:38 942 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's good. Hope you enjoy it.
  • Help_me 11 May 2012 08:12:08 942 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah now i'm annoyed. Just found out there is no AR in mk. Disappointing given the advert!
  • vurt 11 May 2012 13:07:36 123 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Help_me It's in the practice mode, press L + R on the level select you will know its worked if you hear Shoa Khan laugh
  • Help_me 11 May 2012 14:30:58 942 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @vurt Ah, cheers Vurt. Much appreciated.
  • jonsaan 13 May 2012 09:25:09 25,440 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I like this but I am a little underwhlemed tbh. I find the character models very poor in places. Especially the ladies. They all seem to be the same base model with different skins. Lacking sassyness, which is a shame. It all works fine and plays fast but it's lacking the wow factor for me.

FCUTA!

• el_pollo_diablo 13 May 2012 10:16:17 2,148 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I know what you mean. It's still more fun that the po-faced Street Fighter series to me.
  • Help_me 14 May 2012 08:53:02 942 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone playing the bonus challenge tower? I think they have utilised the functions on the vita really well with this. Quite like the slice game.

Edited by Help_me at 08:53:20 14-05-2012
  • jonsaan 14 May 2012 08:55:54 25,440 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I am really enjoying story mode. I kinf of missed it initially as I assumed it was a typical SF type affair. It's really cool!

FCUTA!

• Help_me 14 May 2012 12:11:21 942 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @jonsaan Yeah it's really good isn't it. Finished it on medium and started replaying on Hard.

I like the fact they have actually put a (relatively) decent story round it.
  • jonsaan 14 May 2012 13:39:21 25,440 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That and the fact that it forces you to explore characters you might not otherwise pick. smoke is great.

Edited by jonsaan at 13:39:47 14-05-2012

FCUTA!

• Page

of 4 First / Last