Galaxy S III Page 14

  • Page

    of 15 First / Last

  • CosmicFuzz 2 Jan 2013 17:20:10 28,265 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Also my phone updated this morning too. Dunno what for.
  • TFM_Excalibur 9 Jan 2013 13:00:19 1,170 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Was a security update or the multi window update if you've not already got it.

    got a feeling the s4 will be out before the end of the 2nd quarter so not sure whether to punt mine before the inevitable price plummet.
  • OmniaVincitAmor 10 Jan 2013 15:33:03 1,861 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Got an s3 mini which I love but may sell it to get its bigger brother. Anyone know cheapest place to get the handset? Gonna stay on my contract just want the handset.
  • mcmonkeyplc 10 Jan 2013 15:35:01 39,833 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, me at the end of next month :)
  • brokenkey 10 Jan 2013 15:39:42 7,404 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I bought one of those Sandisk Ultra microSD cards last week. You can get an app called SanDisk Memory, which includes a speed test. The card supports "up to" 30MBps, the app reports about 11, and then recommends I buy a Sandisk Ultra card. Does anyone else have of of these memory cards or else download and run the app and post your results here?
  • THFourteen 10 Jan 2013 15:46:48 36,365 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    OmniaVincitAmor wrote:
    Got an s3 mini which I love but may sell it to get its bigger brother. Anyone know cheapest place to get the handset? Gonna stay on my contract just want the handset.
    i got mine for 280odd on a phone refurb store via ebay

    its in pretty nice condition.
  • OmniaVincitAmor 10 Jan 2013 16:46:51 1,861 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    Yeah, me at the end of next month :)
    Hmmm how much partner? I have at least 10 pounds :)

    Edited by OmniaVincitAmor at 16:47:05 10-01-2013
  • D_arkTrooper 10 Jan 2013 21:34:42 1,364 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    brokenkey wrote:
    I bought one of those Sandisk Ultra microSD cards last week. You can get an app called SanDisk Memory, which includes a speed test. The card supports "up to" 30MBps, the app reports about 11, and then recommends I buy a Sandisk Ultra card. Does anyone else have of of these memory cards or else download and run the app and post your results here?
    I strongly advise doing regular backups of anything you store on those Sandisk cards as they seem to have a high failure rate when used in an S3. I've had brand new and genuine 32 and 64gig Sandisk Ultra cards become totally unusable in mine and customer comments on Amazon and a quick search on Google will confirm its not an isolated incident.
  • Kostabi 10 Jan 2013 21:37:49 5,397 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My S3 fried a 32gb Sandisk card too. It doesn't help that the S3 keeps trying to read the dead card, pretty much nuking the battery life in the process.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 10 Jan 2013 21:43:12 8,059 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So anyone else had the sudden death thing? Two people in my office alone. Including me. Bah.
  • eleven63 9 Feb 2013 16:55:21 1,672 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Getting one of these, black one from Vodafone which is 4G ready apparently.

    Question - as it come with a micro sim card I need to back up my SIM card data, best way to do this please? No local Vodafone shop.

    Any help, as always, appreciated :)
  • Deleted user 9 February 2013 16:57:10
    Are you upgrading from another Android device?
  • Ford_Assassin 9 Feb 2013 17:09:55 72 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There is a way to send all contact details to email account , I done with googlemail. Then transfer to new sim
  • eleven63 9 Feb 2013 17:20:40 1,672 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Boab wrote:
    Are you upgrading from another Android device?

    Yes, should have said!
  • eleven63 9 Feb 2013 19:40:55 1,672 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    In fact I'll answer my own question and use My Data Backup Pro - talked to the devs and the app will do all I need :)
  • Maturin 9 Feb 2013 19:58:59 3,566 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Why not just put it all in Google contacts?
  • eleven63 9 Feb 2013 21:08:56 1,672 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Maturin wrote:
    Why not just put it all in Google contacts?

    Does that include, photos, video, contacts, sms, mms, and apps (but not app data, it seems to do that you need to root...) ?

    Never had this question before, never bothered me as sim used to go from phone to phone etc - yes understand that with Google your contacts, mail, etc are in the cloud - just thinking of more stuff that can be backed up securely.

    Open to ideas :)
  • Maturin 9 Feb 2013 21:13:35 3,566 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ah no it doesn't do that. Just the contact information.

    Yes you'd need another app such as MyBackUp for that stuff. Then just sling the resulting file into Dropbox.
  • eleven63 9 Feb 2013 22:41:27 1,672 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Maturin wrote:
    Ah no it doesn't do that. Just the contact information.

    Yes you'd need another app such as MyBackUp for that stuff.
    Then just sling the resulting file into Dropbox.

    Done, thank you :)
  • eleven63 12 Feb 2013 20:39:13 1,672 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    All done and synced, first time I've gone from a larger screen (galaxy note) to a smaller one... but I've got a Nexus 7 so didn't see the need for 2 large screen mobile gadgets.

    Nice:)
  • crashVoodoo 13 Feb 2013 09:05:41 4,185 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    eleven63 wrote:
    All done and synced, first time I've gone from a larger screen (galaxy note) to a smaller one... but I've got a Nexus 7 so didn't see the need for 2 large screen mobile gadgets.

    Nice:)
    I was the same and dumped my note 2 in favour of a nexus 4.

    I use Google for all my account stuff, actually never looked back since I spent one evening transferring merging and sorting them a few years ago.

    All photos and videos are handled by Google+ and stored in my docs/drive/picasa area or whatever its called these days. I can then see them on my nexus 7 as they're visible in the gallery.

    SMS/MMS/call log are handled by SMS backup+ . it backs them all up to my gmail account under and SMS label. Even does call log to your calendar.
  • eleven63 14 Feb 2013 22:46:36 1,672 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Loving the S3, but is it me, or does Google Now really eat up the battery?
  • DodgyPast 15 Feb 2013 03:55:29 8,823 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    eleven63 wrote:
    Loving the S3, but is it me, or does Google Now really eat up the battery?
    It doesn't on my S2, actually getting significantly better battery life on 4.2.1 than on Gingerbread despite the battery being more than a year older.
  • darrenb 15 Feb 2013 07:07:46 712 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DodgyPast wrote:
    eleven63 wrote:
    Loving the S3, but is it me, or does Google Now really eat up the battery?
    It doesn't on my S2, actually getting significantly better battery life on 4.2.1 than on Gingerbread despite the battery being more than a year older.
    What ROM is that on.. I have been using cyanogenmod for a while and battery life is the only thing that is letting it down.
  • Armoured_Bear 15 Feb 2013 08:15:33 13,878 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I rooted mine and stuck a non Samsung vanilla ROM on it, It's still a slow piece of shit.
    I'm counting the minutes till my contract ends and I an get an iPhone again.
  • nickthegun 15 Feb 2013 08:38:25 63,457 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    First time ive ever agreed with ecosse. If the screen wasnt made out of cling film and handt been scratched to pieces, I would have sold the fucker by now.
  • DodgyPast 15 Feb 2013 13:06:18 8,823 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    darrenb wrote:
    DodgyPast wrote:
    eleven63 wrote:
    Loving the S3, but is it me, or does Google Now really eat up the battery?
    It doesn't on my S2, actually getting significantly better battery life on 4.2.1 than on Gingerbread despite the battery being more than a year older.
    What ROM is that on.. I have been using cyanogenmod for a while and battery life is the only thing that is letting it down.
    Using Ressurection Remix 3.1.3, though most of the benefits for battery probably come from using the Dorimanx kernel. Not sure if you could chuck that on Cyanogenmod... Though I've used their kernel on my ROM and I agree the battery life was lacking.
  • Dougs 15 Feb 2013 13:32:10 71,868 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I had all manner of problems on 3.1.3 so rolled back to 3.1.2 and it's much more stable. Using cyanogenmod kernel though, might try Dorimnax next time I flash it.
  • mcmonkeyplc 15 Feb 2013 13:32:51 39,833 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    250 for mine at the end of the month.
    :)
  • Page

    of 15 First / Last

Log in or register to reply