Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Page 33

• Page

of 42 First / Last

• Physically_Insane 6 Dec 2012 09:12:17 8,833 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Guys, Benno's a camper. Rape his kids, kill all of his close friends!
  • Benno 6 Dec 2012 09:37:02 9,883 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    time to bail out of this thread

• Nades 6 Dec 2012 21:32:01 1,268 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @bobdebob
    If he hasn't killed you last then you don't know where he is from the killcam.

Liverpool FC
    _______

XbL: Nades x
    PSN: iNaades

• Nades 6 Dec 2012 21:34:10 1,268 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Physically_Insane
    I'm not Jimmy Savile though...

Liverpool FC
    _______

• bobdebob 6 Dec 2012 23:18:25 587 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Nades wrote:
    @bobdebob
    If he hasn't killed you last then you don't know where he is from the killcam.
    But that would mean he's moving.

Benno wrote:
    I never understand why camping is deemed such a bad thing? Games implementing anti-camping strategies are a flag for me.

People should be able to do what they want, camping is a perfectly acceptable strategy - not everyone wants to run around like an idiot.
    Camping is fine, it's when you can't get them out of a hiding place it becomes annoying, like in MW2 when you could get infinite grenade launcher ammo and stacking killstreaks.

They went overboard on the anti-camping in MW3 when they had spawns directly behind your back or auto-flanking and made the explosives weak. So then you got teams camping in groups of 3 or 4.
  • dsmx 7 Dec 2012 11:58:54 7,601 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Surely then that's the fault of the level and game design more than anything, camping is a perfectly valid strategy and it drives me up the wall when people moan about it online.

Also don't you get flash bangs in COD, couldn't you just chuck one of those in at the camper?

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Gambit1977 7 Dec 2012 12:12:34 9,634 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Benno wrote:
    I never understand why camping is deemed such a bad thing? Games implementing anti-camping strategies are a flag for me.

People should be able to do what they want, camping is a perfectly acceptable strategy - not everyone wants to run around like an idiot.
    I agree with this. Although normally get told 'you should just play Battlefield then!'
    I hate folk running around knifing. I hate people who jump around like it's Halo. Fact is, for all it's casuals and faults, COD is tailored for all these types of game. If you don't like it, then it's not for you. :)
  • 1Dgaf 7 Dec 2012 13:02:29 3,828 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Players will do whatever they think is fun. The designers should come up with ways to make sure that what's fun for them isn't annoying to us.

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

www.isawthatyearsago.com - a retro film podcast

• Ultrasoundwave 7 Dec 2012 13:32:39 3,299 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Pretty sure no-one else comes in here to talk about the campaign, ill give it a go though :

Purely out of curiosity, i was wondering what happens if you opt to kill Harper instead of Menendez when your playing as that undercover terrorist chap?

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• RedSparrows 7 Dec 2012 13:34:10 22,586 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There are some explosions and somebody dies gruesomely, but it's ok because your job is to kill people who want to kill other people.
  • Deleted user 7 December 2012 13:48:41
    Halo?
  • Nades 7 Dec 2012 23:40:10 1,268 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm doing the campaign now on Veteran, not as annoyingly hard as the old CoD4 and WaW ones, I remember the many rage sessions ;] hahah.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• thefilthandthefury 8 Dec 2012 00:38:25 25,015 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    dsmx wrote:
    Surely then that's the fault of the level and game design more than anything, camping is a perfectly valid strategy and it drives me up the wall when people moan about it online.

Also don't you get flash bangs in COD, couldn't you just chuck one of those in at the camper?
    This. People who complain about it are just too lazy to think of a way to combat it.
  • 1Dgaf 8 Dec 2012 10:10:19 3,828 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just saw patch notes and they're making UAVs more expensive. I think it's gone from 350 to 425. As a poorer-than-average player, that's not good.

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

www.isawthatyearsago.com - a retro film podcast

• Deleted user 8 December 2012 10:26:29
    Nades wrote:
    I'm doing the campaign now on Veteran, not as annoyingly hard as the old CoD4 and WaW ones, I remember the many rage sessions ;] hahah.
    I remember completing the campaign on Cod4 on veteran, it use to boil my piss grrrrrr especially that bit at the fair ground in Russia somewhere I think!!
    Favourite part has to be Guillies in the Mist. Loved it. I thought the animation were jaw dropping at the time.
  • Deleted user 8 December 2012 10:30:46
    A camper for me is someone who sits in a corner of a room totally away from the objective of the game and may finish the game with a handful of kills. Someone who usually kills you when you are trying to flank the enemy and he's sat with a pack lunch in a totally random spot.
    Someone who is defending an objective sitting in various spots is not a camper IMO. These are masters of 'semi static zonal control' I once read on someone's bio. :)
  • Fork_Handles 8 Dec 2012 10:54:36 29 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Anyone know if the new patch has stopped quickscoping? I really hope it has - didn't spot it in the notes, it just said it's decreased sniper rifle hip fire accuracy. SMGs have been nerfed a bit apparently, which will upset the other 95% of people I seem to play against.

The 750ms delay added to Lightning Strike is a start - maybe now the announcement that the enemy has called one in will happen before it's already killed me for a change.

Oh, and as for camping, I agree with NeverEatYellowSnow's definitions.
  • Deleted user 8 December 2012 11:39:09
    Just started the campaign and turned it off after five minutes. Just not in the mood for that shit.
  • dsmx 8 Dec 2012 19:09:16 7,601 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I prefer the term "tactical waiting" instead of camping, but semi static zonal control is a pretty nice way of phrasing it to but it sounds more like a marketing term.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• RedSparrows 8 Dec 2012 19:11:25 22,586 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    'tactical waiting' and camping are two different things for me.
    On Halo for instance, camping counts as taking a sniper, sitting at the back of the map and using camo to hide for the entire game, picking up maybe 5 kills for no deaths, and generally sucking the fun out of that part of the map.

'tactical waiting' is running away from someone, or nearby someone, and waiting a few seconds in a corner to spring an ambush, before running on.
  • dsmx 8 Dec 2012 19:22:37 7,601 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It can mean both, in either case your waiting for the enemy to come to you.

• Deleted user 8 December 2012 19:29:59
    I don't know how it is even possible to camp in CoD considering the Kill cam and all the equipment to fish people out of holes.
  • Rajin 8 Dec 2012 19:43:51 621 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @mowgli

Some maps in BLOP 2 have the perfect snipe spots, or you use a assault rifle with silencer.

Edited by Rajin at 19:44:00 08-12-2012
  • Deleted user 8 December 2012 21:01:25
    COD is one of the least campy FPS games out there. The score streaks, death cams, map design and equipment all kill campers hard.

If you get nabbed by a camper more than a couple of times then you just suck.
  • dsmx 8 Dec 2012 21:06:53 7,601 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Most people are idiots who refuse to adapt their playstyle to suit the situation and instead bitch and whine when they get killed by the same person, in the same place, with the same gun in the same way. They seem to feel that if someone isn't running around like a headless chicken that it's wrong and should be taken out the game.

It should be noted that it isn't confed to COD it's quite prevalent in BF as well.

Edited by dsmx at 21:10:00 08-12-2012

• rodbull 8 Dec 2012 21:34:11 39 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Fork_Handles wrote:
    Anyone know if the new patch has stopped quickscoping? I really hope it has - didn't spot it in the notes, it just said it's decreased sniper rifle hip fire accuracy. SMGs have been nerfed a bit apparently, which will upset the other 95% of people I seem to play against.

The 750ms delay added to Lightning Strike is a start - maybe now the announcement that the enemy has called one in will happen before it's already killed me for a change.

Oh, and as for camping, I agree with NeverEatYellowSnow's definitions.

Quickscoping is still there deadlier as EVER IM AFRAID 😖
  • bobdebob 9 Dec 2012 00:09:54 587 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    rodbull wrote:
    Quickscoping is still there deadlier as EVER IM AFRAID 😖
    I don't like quickscoping but it's quite rare on BO2 and not as viable as on, say, COD4. COD4 is quickscope (and aim-assisted acog sniping) heaven.

Edited by bobdebob at 00:10:09 09-12-2012
  • Deleted user 9 December 2012 13:56:55
    What irritates with quickscoping is you always see these quickscopers in objective games picking off people actually playing the objective.
    Often wondered why there isn't a quickscoping only playlist. But maybe its not wanted due to the first paragraph.
    Too balance it out why don't they make quickscoping a 2 hit kill and hard scoping a one shot kill from the waist up.
  • Madder-Max 10 Dec 2012 19:53:05 11,649 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have given in at last to the COD thing with blops 2 as it seems to be a bit more mature with scorestreaks instead of killstreaks. Looking forward to booting up MP later. Have been getting loads of practice on homefront to familiarise witht the whole unlock shizzle.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Kew1Melon 10 Dec 2012 23:46:48 398 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    People who moan about campers tend to be new or young, campers aren't a problem as its part of the game and a valid tactic, a well placed 'cooked' frag disposes of even the peskiest. Also, the score streaks aid in the whole playing as a team, which CoD very much needed. That said in every cod you get the odd Rambo, running in with what ever gun needs nerfing spraying to the high heavens...

You have an imagination barrier.

• Page

of 42 First / Last