Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Page 32

• Page

of 42 First / Last

• Deleted user 1 December 2012 19:50:56
    Aargh. wrote:
    I started playing this yesterday (SP), not playing a COD since MW1.

I never realised so many people were playing something that felt like it was made 10 years ago. The enemies showing no AI at all other than run straight at me then stand there missing their shots and them not reacting to being shot until they die being the two biggest culprits.

I haven't got that far in but I'm not sure I want to keep going. Is the story even mildly entertaining?
    i agree with you on the AI. its seems to be worse in Treyarch games, you can literally go in all guns blazing and not really think about what you are doing. To be honest the story is a mess as well, but is all sort of mildly entertaining.
  • Deleted user 1 December 2012 21:31:09
    Haven't played the single player in a cod game since MW, hate zombies.

If I have a good game I often wonder if the people I'm playing against are suffering lag issues because when I'm doing shite rarely and I mean very rarely do i think I'm getting beat by skill.
  • Nades 1 Dec 2012 23:25:54 1,614 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I have to say this game is all about connection. Otherwise your bullets are just not gonna register! (even when searching for best connection)

Also, I'm getting bored with the fact that developers insist on over complicating games :/ If you ask people who have played every Halo and CoD game, at least 90% of people would say Halo 3 and CoD4, by far the most simple ones of each series, which makes it less frustrating and more re-playable. I don't get why they put so many over powered air support on CoD games it's just stupid.

Liverpool FC
    _______

XbL: Nades x
    PSN: EU-Nades

• Deleted user 2 December 2012 14:22:46
    I just can't put my finger on what it is I'm hating about this so much, I dunno if its the balance of the game. The patch the other night has done nothing for the gameplay, still limited HC modes and it just doesn't feel quite right.
    Its the first prestige that I've actually hated getting to the end off. The first 2 days play I loved but since then I feel like ramming my head into the TV everytime I play.

CEX are offering 33 cash and seeing as I only paid 25 from Tesco. Seems like too good an offer to resist.
  • Deleted user 2 December 2012 17:55:15
    I'm enjoying it a lot less now that I've levelled up to the point where people are on average better than me :(
  • xero521 2 Dec 2012 18:41:07 202 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I have my days,some days i love it other days i hate it! Think my problem is im just playing it too much!
  • Deleted user 2 December 2012 18:50:52
    Keep fighting from the inside. Your sacrifice of playing shit you don't like won't be for nought.
  • griff_dai 2 Dec 2012 19:17:29 459 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    PLAY FC3 MP, its way better and uncomplicated......and the MAPS are brilliant
  • griff_dai 2 Dec 2012 19:17:49 459 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    although I'm still having fun with Blops2
  • Nades 2 Dec 2012 21:51:31 1,614 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @ghostwhistler
    Exactly, somehow there are people that actually like all this air support shit. It was fine in CoD4 and WaW, it was balanced because everyone was equal in that aspect. I hate the way gaming is going in general now, they ruined Halo with Halo 4 and Reach because they were both overcomplicated. Keeping it simple is the best thing to do, but it's not gonna happen anymore.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• Deleted user 3 December 2012 00:03:08
    Nades wrote:
    @ghostwhistler
    Exactly, somehow there are people that actually like all this air support shit. It was fine in CoD4 and WaW, it was balanced because everyone was equal in that aspect. I hate the way gaming is going in general now, they ruined Halo with Halo 4 and Reach because they were both overcomplicated. Keeping it simple is the best thing to do, but it's not gonna happen anymore.
    Can't agree with you about halo 4. It's the best MP by far IMO.
  • bobdebob 3 Dec 2012 00:24:09 595 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ghostwhistler wrote:
    Nades wrote:
    I have to say this game is all about connection. Otherwise your bullets are just not gonna register! (even when searching for best connection)

Also, I'm getting bored with the fact that developers insist on over complicating games :/ If you ask people who have played every Halo and CoD game, at least 90% of people would say Halo 3 and CoD4, by far the most simple ones of each series, which makes it less frustrating and more re-playable. I don't get why they put so many over powered air support on CoD games it's just stupid.
    This is the mistake (other than the crappy netcode) they've made: the game is now all about nursing killstreaks which is a big mistake. This is why people camp and resort to cheap tactics. Until they reset the balance, which isn't likely to happen since people clearly like this nonsense, the game's problems (other than the crappy netcode) won't change.
    I don't if we're playing the same game but camping does not really help your scorestreaks, especially in objective modes, you get scorestreaks much faster doing objectives.

The reason people are camping in BO2 is the same reason in MW3, namely, moving gets you killed. It's the 'anti-camp' spawn logic, so people who stay in one place get overwhelmed by constant enemy spawns but the spawns move with the player so you get flanked all the time while moving.

The killstreaks in BO2 are tame compared to MW2, every scorestreak in BO2 can be taken down quite easily.
  • Nades 3 Dec 2012 21:23:45 1,614 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @NeverEatYellowSnow
    Seriously? I'm guessing you're not a competitive player?

Liverpool FC
    _______

• Nades 3 Dec 2012 21:25:31 1,614 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @bobdebob
    The scorestreaks are still unbalanced, I know they're not as bad as MW2 or MW3, but they're still no where near as balanced as CoD4 and WaW.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• bobdebob 3 Dec 2012 23:06:57 595 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Nades
    MW3 was decent since you had the support streak so weaker players could still rack up killstreaks without worrying about dying so they moved more.

The chopper in COD4 was deadly, it took 2 unguided rockets to take it down and it could shoot through most walls.
  • Deleted user 4 December 2012 00:27:58
    @Nades

Lol and why would you think that then?
  • Physically_Insane 4 Dec 2012 12:20:54 9,110 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    bobdebob wrote:
    @Nades
    MW3 was decent since you had the support streak so weaker players could still rack up killstreaks without worrying about dying so they moved more.
    Support streaks where an awful idea. Players shouldn't be rewarded when they're playing badly. Mario Kart, take note.
  • bobdebob 4 Dec 2012 13:41:13 595 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Physically_Insane wrote:
    bobdebob wrote:
    @Nades
    Support streaks where an awful idea. Players shouldn't be rewarded when they're playing badly. Mario Kart, take note.
    They're a brilliant idea. What you think players doing well should get an extra boost to their kills? Or in Mario Kart players in lead should get infinite boosts?
  • MrSensible 4 Dec 2012 18:32:54 25,294 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    bobdebob wrote:
    Physically_Insane wrote:
    bobdebob wrote:
    @Nades
    They're a brilliant idea. What you think players doing well should get an extra boost to their kills? Or in Mario Kart players in lead should get infinite boosts?
    I'm with you - the lack of support streaks is extremely annoying in this game. I thought they were an ingenious idea as they helped out players like me, who have god-awful K/D ratios, without giving us too much of a boost. I could contribute to the team more with support streaks than I ever can with standard kill streaks.
  • Nades 4 Dec 2012 21:22:10 1,614 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @bobdebob
    That's just stupid though that's what I mean when I say MW3 was dominated by stupid streaks because even the bad players (like myself) could get them. Every bloody 20 seconds in getting blown up by a guided missile thingy. It makes the game frustrating and it takes the gun play out of the game. You should only get streaks if you're doing well/a good player, that's the point in playing the game and getting good at it, it's called a learning curve.

But the point is, is that everyone had the SAME streaks therefor it was balanced, for me keeping a game balanced is the most important thing in MP games.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• Nades 4 Dec 2012 21:24:59 1,614 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @NeverEatYellowSnow
    If you think Halo 4 is the best in the series you surely aren't one of the competitive players? Halo 4 is by far the least competitive and takes like no skill, which was the point in Halo games, it's how Halo games are meant to be played, but they decided to take the CoD route (which should only be in CoD lol). Ohwell, I guess the casuals will love Halo 4, while me and thousands of others move into other games or stay on Halo 3.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• Deleted user 5 December 2012 09:26:18
    @Nades

So you mean they finally moved with the times and made halo accessible to people who don't have the time to play it 24/7, to know where all the power weapons etc are on each and every map?
    Sounds like sour grapes to me, probably not 'pwning' people like you used to, because opposition players are on an equal footing.

Weapons sound better, feel better, the game looks better, plays better. Even the playlists are better.

Better better better, and just because something goes the 'cod route' doesn't necessarily mean its worse. COD does a lot of things right.

All in my opinion of course ;)
  • bobdebob 5 Dec 2012 14:07:22 595 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Nades wrote:
    @bobdebob
    That's just stupid though that's what I mean when I say MW3 was dominated by stupid streaks because even the bad players (like myself) could get them. Every bloody 20 seconds in getting blown up by a guided missile thingy. It makes the game frustrating and it takes the gun play out of the game. You should only get streaks if you're doing well/a good player, that's the point in playing the game and getting good at it, it's called a learning curve.

But the point is, is that everyone had the SAME streaks therefor it was balanced, for me keeping a game balanced is the most important thing in MP games.
    The guided missile was an assualt streak and without support streaks it'd probably be worse for you. Support streaks reduced camping and it only had about 3 'offensive' point streaks anyway.
  • Nades 5 Dec 2012 21:23:54 1,614 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @NeverEatYellowSnow
    Well either way you look at it, Halo has lost so many players now, Halo used to be mostly players who were competitive and actually had some gaming skill, they've all moved on now. More people dislike it than like it and want real Halo back. Last Sunday Halo 4 had just over 30,000 people on it which is just awful. Halo 3 on average was 3 to 400,000 online at all times in the golden days of the game. Keeping it simple and not making the game easy for non-skilled players was clearly the better option. And I've said it a million times before, if you were bad at Halo 3 and had no idea where weapons spawned and all that, then you could of played ranked against people the same as you.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• Nades 5 Dec 2012 21:26:48 1,614 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @bobdebob
    Back in CoD4 and Waw camping wasn't an issue as much as now days because everyone used UAVs. Not to mention the really powerful CoD4 'nades which in my opinion were great, because it was easy to kill a camper.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• Gambit1977 5 Dec 2012 22:05:57 10,382 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Plus the maps were better. I find half of BLOPs 2 maps to be carbon copies almost and the last few MWs felt like poor map DLC.

I actually miss the old days of COD2 :(
  • bobdebob 5 Dec 2012 22:57:26 595 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Nades wrote:
    @bobdebob
    Back in CoD4 and Waw camping wasn't an issue as much as now days because everyone used UAVs. Not to mention the really powerful CoD4 'nades which in my opinion were great, because it was easy to kill a camper.
    You can camp really hard in COD4 if you know the map and the grenades in BO2 are still powerful enough to take out campers. UAV doesn't stop camping, you already know were the camper is from his killcam.
  • Benno 6 Dec 2012 08:26:57 10,215 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I never understand why camping is deemed such a bad thing? Games implementing anti-camping strategies are a flag for me.

People should be able to do what they want, camping is a perfectly acceptable strategy - not everyone wants to run around like an idiot.
  • Page

of 42 First / Last