Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Page 3

• Page

of 42 First / Last

• NOSAVIOUR 9 Nov 2012 07:39:38 2,804 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thought I would give Simply Games a shot and seems they have dispatched at 5 this morning. Lets see if it turns up tomorrow now.
  • Deleted user 9 November 2012 08:17:43
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    I hope they bring back offline mp bots. I stick it on easy and pretend I'm a big man.
    I believe they have.
  • paulrog 9 Nov 2012 08:22:39 116 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    When is the review embargo up?
  • bad09 9 Nov 2012 08:46:04 5,643 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    paulrog wrote:
    When is the review embargo up?
    Whos cares? It's COD you know it'll get good reviews and the first reviews will be glowing whether it deserves them or not.
  • S.J.Rogers 9 Nov 2012 08:52:40 3,557 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    I hope they bring back offline mp bots. I stick it on easy and pretend I'm a big man.
    Ha, i do this also..! Tis good EASY fun...
  • northernlights 9 Nov 2012 09:52:06 648 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    NOSAVIOUR wrote:
    Thought I would give Simply Games a shot and seems they have dispatched at 5 this morning. Lets see if it turns up tomorrow now.
    Yeah Simply Games does seem to strongly suggest delivery for 2morrow, like Shopto.net 99% of the time they do next day delivery. I was under the impression though Activation were not allowing online retailers to ship till monday unlike say Halo4 was.
  • Gambit1977 9 Nov 2012 09:52:42 9,583 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Arrggh! Fuck!! I always hate on COD until release!
    Now I'm torn...Ps3 or Wii U...arrrgghhhhhhhhhhh!
  • L_Franko Moderator 9 Nov 2012 10:06:22 9,694 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Last night some friends of mine, from the real world, talked me into getting this. Last CoD game I played was MW2 when it was first released and I didn't really get on with it if I remember correctly but sod it, I feel the need to show my friends how to play games and give them a good kicking for bragging rights in the pub.
  • Deleted user 9 November 2012 10:08:02
    i too had no interest in getting this.. until now. argh. probably get up earliesh on tuesday and pop into tescos.
  • Zizoo 9 Nov 2012 10:21:45 8,115 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is there anyway this won't sell as much as previous CoDs? I just don't get the feeling that this will break records like the series usually does.
  • FanBoysSuck 9 Nov 2012 10:24:28 1,448 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've got to tip my hat to the people behind the TV advert. My girlfriend asked me to buy it after seeing the ad last night despite having not seen or played COD before. I blame Robert downey Jr.

For the emperor!

• Benno 9 Nov 2012 10:30:08 9,793 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I might put an order in with simpygames then. The fact that this has a league based ranking system in place makes me want to play it

EG Hearthstone Tournament

• Deleted user 9 November 2012 10:37:42
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Is there anyway this won't sell as much as previous CoDs? I just don't get the feeling that this will break records like the series usually does.
    i think its got more pre-orders than any other cod game. MW3 did too, and after 6 months sales slowed quicker than other cods, but the interest and hype for this franchise is probably healthier than its ever been. for good or worse.
  • Zizoo 9 Nov 2012 10:40:04 8,115 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh. Nevermind then! :redface:
  • Deleted user 9 November 2012 10:56:43
    ha. To be honest i don't mind it. I don't like the way the industry as jumped on teh FPS bandwagon, but i still think COD is the best at it. I don't mind putting 40 quid down, and having it to play alongside normal games.
  • AaronTurner 9 Nov 2012 11:01:03 7,594 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MW3 was good, when is this actually out?
  • northernlights 9 Nov 2012 11:01:42 648 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Though I am tempted by simply games and potentially getting it 2morrow the tescos offer with the ms points is too good to pass up so I'm gonna wait. So much to spend ms points on atm
  • Derblington 9 Nov 2012 11:02:35 21,309 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @AaronTurner

Tuesday
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 9 Nov 2012 11:07:20 6,654 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Amazing how out of tune you get if you stop playing these for a bit. I got smashed the last time I played mw3.
  • AaronTurner 9 Nov 2012 11:17:19 7,594 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cheers, will probably pick this up I reckon.
  • Deleted user 9 November 2012 11:29:10
    I watched a bit of the ign live stream last night. As you expect, gameplay is pretty much the same, but i caught it when they were explaining the scoring system.

kills are pretty much defunct now - well they not. But the scoring is attached to the game mode. So in domination, you get alot more points if you capture the flags, defend them etc.

In kill confrimed, you get more points for confriming the kill. Also stuff like the UAV, when players kill people when your UAV is up in the air, you get a certain amount of points, because its you doing some of the work.

So, killstreaks have been replaced by scorestreaks. Stuff like the UAV i think will be 4 kills alone, but i think in objective modes, it will be double that, so just for a UAV you may need 8 kills - i'm not sure on that, i'm basing it on old cod games, where in objective modes, you get more points for flag captures etc.

Edited by joelstinton at 11:31:05 09-11-2012
  • Gambit1977 9 Nov 2012 11:30:50 9,583 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    I watched a bit of the ign live stream last night. As you expect, gameplay is pretty much the same, but i caught it when they were explaining the scoring system.

kills are pretty much defunct now - well they not. But the scoring is attached to the game mode. So in domination, you get alot more points if you capture the flags, defend them etc.

In kill confrimed, you get more points for confriming the kill. Also stuff like the UAV, when players kill people when your UAV is up in the air, you get a certain amount of points, because its you doing some of the work.

Stuff like the UAV i think will be 4 kills alone, but i think in objective modes, it will be double that, so just for a UAV you may need 8 kills - i'm not sure on that, i'm basing it on old cod games, where in objective modes, you get more points for flag captures etc.
    Could help create a very different style of game...rather than just a bunch of noob tubing, grenade spamming, run and gunners!
  • Benno 9 Nov 2012 11:37:43 9,793 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah its a good idea really, once people catch wind of the new system they should hopefully play more strategically

Plus, if they are using the Microsoft true skill system developed by those Oxford statisticians then league rating will be based purely on wins (not about individual performance). Which is good.

• catterz 9 Nov 2012 12:33:58 8,763 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm looking forward to the scorestreak system. Allowing players to earn scorestreaks without having to actually kill enemies should promote better tactical and team play. Especially when videos I've seen show you get a lot more points in objective based modes for capturing those objectives than you do for killing enemy players. Your scorestreaks are directly related to the points you score.

In MW3 a lot of players will avoid objectives in fear of being a sitting duck, especially when a few kills away from a killstreak.

Still stalking this place, old-school style (UID: 1053)

• Deleted user 9 November 2012 14:36:11
    hmm. tescos vouchers arrived earlier in the week, and if i spend 40 quid or more, i can get 6 quid off. might have to be done.
  • motti82 9 Nov 2012 15:07:03 2,864 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've preordered from Game/Gamestation in town. I'm getting an old man, where I won't be doing the midnight launch. Gonna sleep and then be at the shop when it's open at 9.

I've intentionally not read up too much on this to savour the good stuff online when I pay it on Tuesday.
  • dsmx 9 Nov 2012 20:07:54 7,563 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hmm on the PC it's getting ranked dedicated servers, might actually venture into this one.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Benno 10 Nov 2012 08:42:33 9,793 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone received their simply games order?

• NOSAVIOUR 10 Nov 2012 09:32:45 2,804 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not yet. But postie hasn't been so still hope.
  • Page

of 42 First / Last