Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Page 16

• Page

of 42 First / Last

• MatMan562 13 Nov 2012 23:41:37 2,460 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm really enjoying this. The new class system works well if a little overwhelming to begin with, maps seem varied and decent enough, minimal lag, scorestreaks requiring that little more to get and everything you do counting towards it is great, single player seems as good as expected, Strike missions (the more startegic ones) seem really good, zombies seems ike there's a lot of depth to it and, most importantly, Gun Game, One in the Cahmber, Sharpshooter and Sticks and Stones! \o/

My main dislikes at the moment (aside from my lack of skill) are the scoreboard staying up when you press back and the guns sounding weak. Anyone know of anyway to fix either?

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Deleted user 13 November 2012 23:50:08
    Yeah i been getting in to it as well. Especially Domination. It is hard. A and C are piss easy to get, but B points are bastards. Really hard to win back B points.

It still feels cod samey, but thats to be expected, but it makes you work for your killstreaks which i'm enjoying alot. Its so refreshing to have hardly anything up in the air. The game feels what COD4 was, the maps are very good. A bit disorientating at times, as alot of them are symetrical.

I think this is the best packaged COD to date, aside from MW1. A whole generation refinement as gone in this MP, and you can tell. The new stuff works. But if you tired, or not interested i doubt this will change your mind or refresh you. The engine is jaded, and we been force fed this game since forever. But theres a alot of stuff, and new stuff for the core cod players and newcommers alike. And aside from the likes of halo, it is still the best at what it does when it comes to arcade shooters.

I think Eurogamer finishing conclusion will be along those lines with a 7 or 8 score.
  • AaronTurner 14 Nov 2012 00:00:05 7,737 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is it just me or is everything unlocked from the start?
  • bobdebob 14 Nov 2012 00:32:21 587 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    Is it just me or is everything unlocked from the start?
    That's league mode. Hopefully more people will join this playlist, public playlist has the same problems of dumb teammates and randoms vs clans.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 14 Nov 2012 01:21:44 9,825 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone had problems with joining a party/someone joining yours? It won't let me join my cousin's and it won't let him join mine right now. Both our NATS are open. Any help?
  • Baleoce 14 Nov 2012 02:26:07 1,185 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    BioWare gives away copies of Mass Effect Trilogy to PC players of Black Ops 2

The first 50 to submit a photo of them with the discs lol.. Jammy gits xD

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• itinkuravinalaff 14 Nov 2012 02:47:14 191 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dont know why people are banging on about old graphics, fantastic imo!
  • SuperCoolEskimo 14 Nov 2012 07:11:43 9,825 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    Anyone had problems with joining a party/someone joining yours? It won't let me join my cousin's and it won't let him join mine right now. Both our NATS are open. Any help?
    What are the chances? We decided to play our own games of Domination in the end and forgot about being in a party. Twenty minutes later, we end up meeting each other on opposing teams, in some brilliantly close games :D
  • King_Edward 14 Nov 2012 07:44:41 11,454 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's just like that film Brotherhood. Emotional :,(
  • Derblington 14 Nov 2012 07:47:32 21,624 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ghostwhistler wrote:
    Derblington wrote:
    It seems harder to get pointstreak rewards now...
    welcome to my world.

best thing would have been to do what Homefront did where you accrued points and spent them and you didn't lose them because you got killed. All that does is reward the better players at the expense of teh weaker ones which is no fun at all.

These maps are way better than MW3 but it's a snipers paradise and the amount of random grenade spam is far too much.
    I wasn't complaining. It will get easier with map knowledge but the game should be about the objective/shooting.

I've not been shot by a single sniper and haven't had grenade spam...
  • Ultrasoundwave 14 Nov 2012 08:31:13 3,302 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yes, i bought it.

Yes, i hate myself.

No, its not shite.

Actually really enjoyed the couple of hours i had with it. Did the first two chapters of the campaign, i think the variation in settings (and weapon types) from the 80's and 2025 are a brilliant touch. Also, i would like to make sexy time with that flechette-rifle thingy - good lord!

MP has been refined to perfection. I've always held the Treyarch games in a lower regard to the IW games as the weapons never felt as good to me - that problem has definitely been fixed with BLOPS 2.

The only thing i will say is that they've definitely made the MP harder. Only a couple of round to drop someone and the scorestreaks take ages to put together.

Very promising so far....

Edited by Ultrasoundwave at 08:32:19 14-11-2012

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• beastmaster 14 Nov 2012 08:39:01 11,418 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Agree about the SP. As for the scenes of 'graphic volience', they haven't bothered me in the slightest so far.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Murbal 14 Nov 2012 08:45:34 22,222 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm almost tempted. Fancy something multiplayery shootery and Halo 4 didn't do anything for me. Enjoyed the pace of MW2 (only CoD I've played MP), but didn't like the abundance of kids and arseholes online; doubt that's going to change.
  • itinkuravinalaff 14 Nov 2012 08:46:36 191 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Can be bit annoying watching a loading symbol for ages then "servers cant connect" over and over! Never had this problem with any online game ffs! Get your fucking act together !
  • Tuffty 14 Nov 2012 08:48:37 1,589 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    People moaning about lack of kill streak rewards popping up left, right and centre, and losing advantages because you're dumb enough to die should attempt to stop being whiny little queens.
    That's fine in principal, but when you have instances of players spawning behind you, which MW3 and BO2 now does, then that can be a legitimate complaint to be made.
  • mentalabhoration 14 Nov 2012 09:01:53 69 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I picked up my copy from Tescos but alas its the standard edition (non-preordered) thus no nuketown code is included. Has anyone seen any where to purchase a code for the map? Ebay prices seem rediculous for one map!!

Thanks for any info
  • griff_dai 14 Nov 2012 09:15:39 420 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mentalabhoration wrote:
    I picked up my copy from Tescos but alas its the standard edition (non-preordered) thus no nuketown code is included. Has anyone seen any where to purchase a code for the map? Ebay prices seem rediculous for one map!!

Thanks for any info
    I downloaded it but it hasn't turned up in any rotation I have played on.....
  • itinkuravinalaff 14 Nov 2012 09:47:31 191 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I got my copy from local tesco and got the code in the box! Xbox 360

Edited by itinkuravinalaff at 09:48:17 14-11-2012
  • monty2k 14 Nov 2012 09:57:54 243 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    griff_dai wrote:
    mentalabhoration wrote:

Thanks for any info
    I downloaded it but it hasn't turned up in any rotation I have played on.....
    Doesn't nuketown have it's own playlist?
  • PrivateFloyd 14 Nov 2012 10:10:10 4,133 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Yes, i bought it.

Yes, i hate myself.

No, its not shite.

Actually really enjoyed the couple of hours i had with it. Did the first two chapters of the campaign, i think the variation in settings (and weapon types) from the 80's and 2025 are a brilliant touch. Also, i would like to make sexy time with that flechette-rifle thingy - good lord!

MP has been refined to perfection. I've always held the Treyarch games in a lower regard to the IW games as the weapons never felt as good to me - that problem has definitely been fixed with BLOPS 2.

The only thing i will say is that they've definitely made the MP harder. Only a couple of round to drop someone and the scorestreaks take ages to put together.

Very promising so far....
    Came to post pretty much the same sentiment.

I also always forget that I have admirable skills on the MP side of things, played a few games last night and was always in the top 3.

The MP is certainly the most refined iteration I have played, I actually sit on the other side of the fence and prefer Treyarchs take on the MP, MW3 was shocking last year i thought.

PSN id PrivateFloyd

Drop me an add for some games, havnt got many friends on ps3 having recently crossed the border from Xboxland.

Goat is hungry.....

• AaronTurner 14 Nov 2012 10:20:19 7,737 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Will the leagues have a team death match league? I hate all this kill confirmed shit.
  • Innes 14 Nov 2012 10:22:59 117 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Where the hell is the review?
  • S.J.Rogers 14 Nov 2012 10:33:34 3,557 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tool..!
  • MatMan562 14 Nov 2012 10:35:54 2,460 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Innes Eurogamer have already stated that it will be a couple of days late due to their new guidelines. I believe this was already pointed out to you a couple of times yesterday. Honestly though, I can't think of a game that needs a review less than a new Call of Duty, it plays the same as all the rest but a bit better in some regards.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Tuffty 14 Nov 2012 10:46:12 1,589 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not only that, but you feel that those who bought it now had already made up their minds long before any reviews came out.
  • Benno 14 Nov 2012 10:54:20 9,900 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Innes wrote:
    Where the hell is the review?
    it will be 8/10
  • beastmaster 14 Nov 2012 10:58:14 11,418 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    http://www.edge-online.com/review/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-review/

8/10

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Deleted user 14 November 2012 11:03:59
    Bias! Doritos! It can't possibly be good!
  • dunny 14 Nov 2012 11:08:16 445 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What's the word on the PS3 version? I heard someone complaining about the framerate a few pages back. Have access to both consoles, but I am not a Gold member on XBL so would prefer PS3 version.
  • Page

of 42 First / Last