Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Page 38

• Page

of 42 First / Last

• Derblington 1 Feb 2013 18:30:55 22,303 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Because they aren't the things I dislike about the franchise. It's the changes made in this individual title that I don't like.
  • bobdebob 1 Feb 2013 19:27:24 600 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If you want to hold down the fort you still can at the cost of 5 points:
    Danger Close + 2 mines + 2 shock charges.
  • Madder-Max 2 Feb 2013 01:25:21 11,689 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    Why are you complaining? Cod has been essentially an arcade game for a few years now. If you want more tactical or realistic games there are several brilliant shooters that provide that fix. Cod is a manic, very non realistic shooter.
    Okay. Name one. Apart from lost planet mp which was fantastic in its day (no one on there anymore) and frontlines FOV (just very few players and the ones on there are all glitching cunts now) there is no good shooter out there. Battlefield has that server renting bollocks which wrecks it. So name one

Edited by Madder-Max at 01:26:14 02-02-2013

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Deleted user 2 February 2013 08:27:28
    Battlefield 3, you don't need to use rented servers. If you play bf3 on hardcore that is pretty much the opposite of bo2. Bf3 normal mode somewhere in the middle.
    I not saying one better etc but just that if someone complains of the stupid run and gun situation of bo2 and wanted something more realistic and tactical bf3 hardcore would give you that.
  • Dirtbox 2 Feb 2013 08:29:48 79,216 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've never rented a server and play almost daily.

Although that 'server renting bollocks' has been the backbone of multiplayer games since they began.

Edited by Dirtbox at 08:46:59 02-02-2013

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• pistol 2 Feb 2013 08:41:45 13,019 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bit late to this as haven't been gaming much lately.

Finally finished the campaign on normal and just started online if anyone fancies a game. Tend to be on after around 10pm and ps id is roxymilo.
  • Madder-Max 2 Feb 2013 11:32:46 11,689 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Pepsipop cool. Was thinking about getting bf3 but thought all mp games were run by bedroom dictators going by some articles. I was wrong then obviously

99 problems and being ginger is one

• pistol 2 Feb 2013 11:37:59 13,019 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Madder-Max wrote:
    @Pepsipop cool. Was thinking about getting bf3 but thought all mp games were run by bedroom dictators going by some articles. I was wrong then obviously
    I have it, and prefer it to any COD tbh.
  • killersrquiet 2 Feb 2013 12:08:21 2,194 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I honestly haven't run into many issues on the custom servers apart from stupid 500% tickets ratio but they are easily avoided

Plenty of official dice and ea servers if you prefer a normal game that won't last 2 hours on one map:-)

Edited by killersrquiet at 12:09:04 02-02-2013
  • robc84 2 Feb 2013 20:22:47 6,097 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Battlefield is the superior game imo. But you have to be in a good squad as teamwork is key. All my mates gave up on it fairly early early and went back to cod. So i relunctantly followed suit.

The problem with bf3 is that there are now so many 'elite' players its really hard for new players to get into it. I tried playing the other day and it was just too hard. Kept getting owned by high ranking players. Which is a shame as it is a great game.
  • Deleted user 2 February 2013 20:25:48
    Just practice and will be better. Whilst you crap you still can be vital. You could heal the squad, revive them, heal vehicles, set up mines to stop vehicles, keep engineers supplied, drop motion sensors etc etc. Everyone can play their part. For example on metro conquest a good medic is essential to re take flag b.
  • robc84 2 Feb 2013 22:46:07 6,097 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Agreed. But its not much fun to keep getting owned by the elite players that have been playing since launch. Not a criticism of the game there is just a very steep learning curve for newbies is all i'm saying. Battlefield can only be fully appreciated playing in a squad with friends imo. And my friends are cod players.

Back to cod, i think they have done some good things with the game like scorestreaks, pick 10 etc but lag and poor map design and spawns let it down. Plus left in the ability to vote for previous map. Why would i want to play the same map twice (looking at you hijacked and raid). Just a pet peeve of mine!!
  • killersrquiet 3 Feb 2013 00:39:06 2,194 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ah yes hijacked always gets picked. Seems people love instant spawn /kills every 5 seconds.

If you've played a map it should not appear on the next rotation. Halo is the same you could be stuck on ragnarok for hours at a time

Edited by killersrquiet at 00:39:47 03-02-2013
  • bobdebob 3 Feb 2013 15:31:28 600 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    Agreed. But its not much fun to keep getting owned by the elite players that have been playing since launch. Not a criticism of the game there is just a very steep learning curve for newbies is all i'm saying. Battlefield can only be fully appreciated playing in a squad with friends imo. And my friends are cod players.

Back to cod, i think they have done some good things with the game like scorestreaks, pick 10 etc but lag and poor map design and spawns let it down. Plus left in the ability to vote for previous map. Why would i want to play the same map twice (looking at you hijacked and raid). Just a pet peeve of mine!!
    It's not that steep a learning curve it's really mostly about having good players on your side. I haven't played in ages but it was usually one team curbstomping the other into dust. Winners stayed on and people switched sides to get on the winning team. Maybe it's changed now.
  • robc84 3 Feb 2013 18:42:28 6,097 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    That is true although battlefield is far more complex and extremely different to cod. So for your average cod player it is pretty steep. Thats why most of my mates ended up switching back to cod. Nothing against battlefield at all. Like you say when u get into a good game there is nothing like it. But more often than not its one team trouncing the other.
  • Deleted user 3 February 2013 19:18:35
    I think last weeks patch has made an improvement. Sub machines guns are weaker and assault rifles more powerful.
    Whereas before I was using a silenced sub on nearly every map I can't do that anymore which is a good thing. The M27 is a great gun now - been buffed quite a bit.
    I was really enjoying it before anyhow - I think the multiplayer is really good, for me much more enjoyable than MW3.
  • Ultrasoundwave 5 Feb 2013 10:15:15 3,417 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Had a few of the lads in work badgering me to get the map pack (used the old "its only the same price as a couple of pints!" reasoning) so i gave it a go.

Fuck. Me.

The new SMG is an absolute beast!, i was picking off blokes from the other end of the map with it and its absolutely deadly at short range - i can only imagine the damage ill do when i unlock FMJ and the Long Barrel. The only problem with the gun is that, its so good, i can see it getting nerfed pretty soon.

Impressed with the maps i managed to try too - i think there are four but i only had time to try Grind and Downhill. Grind was really good, a nice original setting and some good killzones. Downhill was even better, lots of environmental interaction and some good open spaces for firefights.

Very impressed so far - got my K/D ratio up to 1.69 last night (6000-odd kills to 3500 deaths) so all is going well.

Definitely the best COD yet.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• L_Franko Moderator 5 Feb 2013 10:44:29 9,697 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't know why but for some reason the onlu map I can do well on on matter the game type is Hijacked.
    I be getting very average point to below average points with a k/d that is not worth talking about but then Hijacked comes up and I top the leaderboard on points with a k/d of 31-7. It happens all the time, just with different but just as impressive (for me) kills and points.

I started using the new weapong SMG/AR hybrid properly last night and it is a very effective weapon. Normally a AR user but might see how I get on with this new one as my main weapon for a bit.
  • Ultrasoundwave 5 Feb 2013 10:51:56 3,417 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Something i've started doing that seems very effective is using the '3 attachment' perk.

You have to sacrifice your secondary weapon to do it, but loading out a SMG with FMJ, Long Barrel and Rapid Fire is absolutely deadly - especially on small maps like Hijacked.

• Deleted user 5 February 2013 11:11:56
    What is everybody choosing for scorestreaks?

Im currently running UAV > Care Package or Guardian > Sentry Gun.

I find that Guardian and Sentry Gun work quite well together - especially on hardcore.
    But sometimes a care package can give you something decent you would struggle to win otherwise.
  • Ultrasoundwave 5 Feb 2013 11:14:09 3,417 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I always go for Lightning Strike as my third scorestreak - i always manage to get at least three kills with it. The Sentry Gun is a lot more deadly than in previous COD's though!

• L_Franko Moderator 5 Feb 2013 11:22:39 9,697 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I go UAV - Hunter Drone - Lightning Stike.
    Hardly ever get a score streak past the Lightning Stike so don't choose anything beyond that.
  • RyanDS 5 Feb 2013 11:35:15 9,860 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    I don't know why but for some reason the onlu map I can do well on on matter the game type is Hijacked.
    I be getting very average point to below average points with a k/d that is not worth talking about but then Hijacked comes up and I top the leaderboard on points with a k/d of 31-7. It happens all the time, just with different but just as impressive (for me) kills and points.

I started using the new weapong SMG/AR hybrid properly last night and it is a very effective weapon. Normally a AR user but might see how I get on with this new one as my main weapon for a bit.
    Same here. Well Hijacked and Express. All other maps I am dismall on.
  • Sunno 5 Feb 2013 11:38:07 156 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Mostly Lightning Strike, Stealth Chopper or VSAT, then K-9. If i'm having a good day I might switch it up to a swarm.

Sometimes it's fun to use sentries and protecting them with guardians and you can normally get 2 or three spread about the map.
  • killersrquiet 5 Feb 2013 12:45:40 2,194 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Sunno wrote:
    Mostly Lightning Strike, Stealth Chopper or VSAT, then K-9. If i'm having a good day I might switch it up to a swarm.

Sometimes it's fun to use sentries and protecting them with guardians and you can normally get 2 or three spread about the map.
    Its impossible for me to get on a good run most time due to being shot in the back repeatedly lol
  • Deleted user 5 February 2013 13:01:44
    In about 50 hours of TDM Ive only seen swarm once and K9 never!

Think you get those streaks more often in some of the higher scoring big team games??

Re: Hijacked. Yeah Ive had lot of success on that map too. Especially on games where no-one else is using the tunnel. Can get loads of kills just sprinting from one end to the other and doing my little circuit. Sentry gun goes well on the balcony with only one entrance.
  • L_Franko Moderator 5 Feb 2013 13:22:42 9,697 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It is strange that you never see people using the engine room sections on Hijacked, it is the best way to move from end to end.
  • Ultrasoundwave 5 Feb 2013 13:46:58 3,417 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Will you two pipe down!, the less people that know about the engine room the better!!!

• Deleted user 5 February 2013 13:48:56
    Lol - weird though innit. Most games its deserted...
  • Sunno 5 Feb 2013 14:10:10 156 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    High scorestreaks are hard to get on TDM as you hardly rack up any points and the games finish fairly fast. I normally play kill confirmed or domination and as long as you play the objective you can get some pretty high scores. Be very wary of the routes you take though and don't just go running around in the open otherwise you'll never get there.
  • Page

of 42 First / Last