Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Page 3

• Page

of 5 First / Last

• HisDudness 27 Apr 2012 17:25:20 1,013 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Kid_Icarus wrote:
    Is there anyone actually looking forward to this game? All I've seen is people saying "lol smash bros rip off. No new ideas lol" or trying to defend its existence.

The reason Smash Bros was good though was the recognizable and varied characters who were quite well established. I doubt most people could tell the difference between Nathan Hale, that guy from Killzone and Cole from Infamous without checking, let alone their stages. Still it's good for Sony fans.
    I'm not into these kind of games at all, but I'm really enjoying how its very existence is sending Nintendo wieners into conniptions.

Sony was probably a bit worried that no one would care about it, but the emotional reaction it has been able to achieve will mean that - love it or hate it - it's not going to be ignored.
  • Deleted user 27 April 2012 17:39:56
    It's not going to be ignored, except by the game-buying public, where it'll sink like a stone shortly after release and then be recalled occasionally with a 'hey, do you remember when..." when Nintendo release Smash Bros UltraSpaff or whatever the fuck on the etch-a-sketch.
  • Deleted user 27 April 2012 17:48:38
    Aargh. wrote:
    ram wrote:
    about time for this I think...

ram wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Posting in threads to express your disinterest of the topic is pretty much the most pointless thing imaginable.
    Every time you plague PS3, Sony, Xbox, Apple threads etc with your endless anti-fanboy/fanboy drivel, I will quote this.
    The sad part is that you've actually saved that quote just so you can paste it repeatedly into threads.

I recommend taking a good hard look at your life to discover where it all went wrong.
    FFS man, the irony in here is getting messy.

Anyway, on topic. Game looks shit. :D

really have no interest in any Sony characters, I think Crash Bandicoot is the only identifiably Playstation mascot and even then that stopped being the case ages ago. I loved Smash Bros despite not knowing most of the characters but they were weird and interesting enough that I didn't mind. Not sure that is the case with this.
  • Deleted user 27 April 2012 17:48:43
    Kid_Icarus wrote:
    The reason Smash Bros was good though was the recognizable and varied characters who were quite well established.
    That was the initial appeal, but the game would have been just as good if all the characters had been completely new.

Call me a cynic, but the chances of this having the same kind of care and craft put into the balance as Smash Bros is zero.
  • NotSoSlim 27 Apr 2012 18:41:20 3,149 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DDevil wrote:
    A brick wall gave me your mum's phone number :)
    Okay :confused:
  • Progguitarist 18 Sep 2012 21:48:14 10,536 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Been playing the beta today and guess what...it's actually very fun.
  • MatMan562 18 Sep 2012 21:58:15 2,605 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oooh, how did you get into the beta? Random selection?

I have this on pre-order for 30. Looking forward to it!

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Progguitarist 19 Sep 2012 02:05:34 10,536 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No, it was an application jobby.
  • MatMan562 19 Sep 2012 14:39:03 2,605 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh, where did you apply? I'm quite eager to give it a try to make sure it's not crap.

• Afiddes 19 Sep 2012 14:43:52 1,164 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's too late all the places have been handed out

It's actually quite a good game on the vita it can be a bit manic when people are on different sides of the screen (as the characters get very small) but it is still alot of fun

3DS: 5198 2465 6450

• MatMan562 19 Sep 2012 14:54:59 2,605 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ah, bugger. I believe they said an Open Beta was coming, starting with PS+ members anyway.

• MatMan562 18 Oct 2012 12:59:19 2,605 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Has anyone been able to get into a game of this yet? Whenever I select a character and press start it freezes on the "Searching for opponents" screen for about 10 minutes before kicking me back to character select. ALl i've managed so far is the tutorial.

• daft_punk_909 18 Oct 2012 13:22:09 57 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I played it for about an hour last night at 10pm. Haven't tried today though.

Oddly it showed in the results screen that I had been fighting 3 opponents each fight when usually it was just 1 or 2. Had the other's PSN ID's as well! Guess it is a Beta.

PSN: daft_punk_909

• Progguitarist 18 Oct 2012 14:22:49 10,536 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've not had any issues with getting into games but some of them have been very laggy.

It's a fun game though. Will be picking it up.
  • Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 18 Oct 2012 14:34:44 10,861 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It'll be interesting to see what it plays like with the full character roster but it currently incredibly unbalanced. Network issues also prevail.

It does feel like a very cheap knockoff sadly. Still, looks very nice and I enjoyed my time with the local MP at the EG Expo.

One to watch but I won't be jumping on this straight away.
  • Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 18 Oct 2012 14:39:57 10,861 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I assume the loss of connection with the host is due to one player rage quitting?
  • spamdangled 24 Oct 2012 15:57:19 27,441 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Where the hell can I find the open beta for download on the Vita? It's not showing up anywhere on the Store that I can see, and running a search for it comes up with nothing.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 24 Oct 2012 16:12:34 10,861 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hmmmm should be there. Try latest downloads.
  • MatMan562 24 Oct 2012 17:50:09 2,605 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've still not been able to get into a single game. I've even tried deleting and re-installing a few times. I think i'll try once more, now it's released to everyone, before giving up.

I'm tempted to cancel my pre-order because of this.

• MatMan562 24 Nov 2012 00:02:50 2,605 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Am I the only one who got this today then?

Well, I am really loving it! Definately glad I kept my pre-order! Obviously it's early days but it seems to be at least as good as Smash Bros if not better (and I say that as a huge SSB fan). As the EG review pointed out, Sony don't have as big a history to make a game like this but they've done really well with what they have, i've found myself happy to see things I didn't even know I cared about.

I've only played as 5 different characters properly (Kratos, Raiden, Jak, Ratchet and Big Daddy) but they all seem nice and varied with a lot of depth to their movesets. The stages are all pretty cool too but lack the random elements of Smash Bros'. I imagine this is purposefully done as it seems to want to be more of a "proper" fighting game but as there is an option to turn them all off it would be nicer if it didn't all play out the same way each time.

The online seems to be pretty well done, just had one case of the host leaving (coincidentally I was doing well that game...) it's just a shame there's no way to stay together if you happen to find a good opponent.

I really love the progression system as well! The unlocks seem to dry up around Level 25, the only unlocks after that seem to be at big milestones up to level 300, but it's still good to be rewarded for playing as each character.

The "rival" movies are brilliantly stupid, Sackboy's face during Big Daddy's is hillarious! It's little touches like that that make the game so great.

I'm already looking forward to the dlc. Aside from obvious additions like Crash, Spyro, Lara and Abe i'd also love to see some new stages and a Gray Fox costume for Raiden.

But yeah, I am enjoying this a lot at the moment and I think my friend and I will be playing it a load once he gets it. If anyone else does have it and wants a game sometime feel free to add me (MatMan562)!

• Deleted user 24 November 2012 00:08:32
    @MatMan562 I'm thinking of picking this up over the weekend as I'm intruiged so I'll give you a few games when I grab it. I'm already on your friends list anyways.
  • MatMan562 24 Nov 2012 00:14:50 2,605 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ok, sounds good, just send me an invite if you see me playing when you want a game!

• Progguitarist 24 Nov 2012 01:05:07 10,536 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm picking up my copy tomorrow :D
  • Garlvinlandblueblood 24 Nov 2012 13:53:46 461 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This is outstanding on Vita, netcode and framerate are rock solid, takes seconds to get into an online game too.

I've only seen 4 characters get used though, Sly, Dante, Raiden and Big Daddy (me).
  • Progguitarist 24 Nov 2012 19:15:11 10,536 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I used Sweet Tooth during the beta and will be sticking with him.
  • MatMan562 24 Nov 2012 22:43:49 2,605 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've been going through each character doing their tutorials for specific character moves and combos and then doing Arcade with them on the middle difficulty. Haven't found a character I don't like yet but Sackboy seems pretty hard to use. I think once i've gone through each character i'll try to choose one to stick to for awhile, i'm thinking Raiden at the moment.

• Progguitarist 24 Nov 2012 22:51:57 10,536 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I picked it up today, not managed to get onto my PS3 yet but am excited to get started. It's going to be my go to game for local multi-player.
  • King_Edward 24 Nov 2012 22:55:25 11,471 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That would require other people playing it, surely?
  • Progguitarist 24 Nov 2012 23:14:55 10,536 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Are you a comedian?
  • King_Edward 25 Nov 2012 00:55:57 11,471 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    No, I just don't see it selling well or picking up much of a community. I tried and liked the beta, but in 10 our so matches I was paired with the same 2 people every time.
  • Page

of 5 First / Last