Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Page 33

• Page

of 41 First / Last

• Dougs 9 Oct 2012 08:49:32 64,881 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I got quite into the Be a Pro/Legend stuff to start with but once the appeal of taking a nobody through to the 1st team had subsided, I got bored very quickly. Same with the 11 vs 11 matches. Who wants to be a RB FFS!
  • Paulie_P 9 Oct 2012 10:06:42 394 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm finding Top Player a bit easier this year. Last year I had to turn the difficulty down (for the first time since ISS on the SNES) but I'm able to hold my own at the top this time.
  • Mattuk123 9 Oct 2012 11:42:25 128 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Paulie_P Yeah same think it's because the players can actually shoot this time and players like carrick can't dribble through your whole defence with ease
  • Fydria 9 Oct 2012 12:52:51 557 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm finding such a difference when your players have bad form arrows. I don't think in any other PES I played much attention and just played my strongest team all the time. But this really encourages rotation. Good in a way I guess. Keeping the team fresh and picking players with the best form has ultimately (and I guess no surprisingly) lead me to hit a winning streak at last.
  • dsmx 9 Oct 2012 13:07:25 7,408 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They made them have much greater impact last year, it was rather pronounced before but last year it was the most important stat.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Paulie_P 9 Oct 2012 16:57:26 394 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've always took note of the arrows with the Purple being an automatic removal from the team and Blue being a judgement call based on who it was.
  • Dougs 9 Oct 2012 16:59:52 64,881 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Maybe that's where I'm going wrong (as well as being a bit shit). Never really paid any attention that in this, figuring I was in control. Whereas in FM, it's vital. Will give that a go later....
  • dsmx 9 Oct 2012 19:39:39 7,408 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    In the past the arrows effectively added or took away a hidden value to each of your players stats, at least that's how it used to be. I think it was a maximum of adding 10 to it and taking 10 away, or something similar. So with the really good players it's not as noticeable but it has a far more noticeable impact on squad players who tend to take up most of your squad. However last year they made it even more important so I get the feeling they made that number bigger so now you really have to look out for those poor form players.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Fydria 9 Oct 2012 19:48:51 557 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just had my best result of the game so far, beating Man United 4-0 sending me 3rd in the League. Hugo Rodallega has been amazing and is the top scorer and I signed Chamberlain on loan and a striker Guidetti from Man City, both have been brilliant so far, highly recommended for a lesser team in the top flight. Just hope I can keep the form up and push for the title, didn't think it would ever happen but I've been grinding alot of results out.

Just two point behind Spurs... will probably all fall apart from here :D
  • kentmonkey 9 Oct 2012 20:35:12 20,070 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The form arrows are extremely important. Although I wish they were based on in-game factors and not just random. I've just drawn 1-1 with Swansea (my only dropped points in Master League) because every fucking one of my players apart from Park was in negative, with a huge proportion of them in purple.

Everyone was as slow as fuck, controlled the ball like Chamakh and couldn't tackle. That was slightly annoying. It was a bit like a 'oh, you're actually winning games and I, the almighty AI, can't do much about that. So fuck it, here's a cheat, enjoy playing with a team of Gus Caesars.'
  • qpes 9 Oct 2012 20:47:00 9 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    try new patch Pes patch - QPES
  • dsmx 9 Oct 2012 20:58:56 7,408 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I seem to recall that the form arrows are not entirely random, they are influenced by your results, if you start winning games you have better chances at getting red and orange form. Start drawing and losing and the dreaded purple and blue arrows appear more often.

• DarthKebab 9 Oct 2012 21:01:02 403 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Remember each player has a form stat too, it's what I look for in transfers, if he's a great player but has 3/10 on form, he's a no go.
  • kentmonkey 9 Oct 2012 21:07:04 20,070 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    dsmx wrote:
    I seem to recall that the form arrows are not entirely random, they are influenced by your results, if you start winning games you have better chances at getting red and orange form. Start drawing and losing and the dreaded purple and blue arrows appear more often.
    I've played 17. Up until that game I'd played 16 and won 16. Won all my CL games. Won all my cup games. I've scored 44 and conceded 11.

If form is linked to results, it's extremely harsh.
  • puddleduck 9 Oct 2012 21:12:12 1,850 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Form has always been pretty random in PES. Invariably it deals you a nice set of purples before a massive game :p
  • Dougs 9 Oct 2012 23:19:20 64,881 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Anyone found out the best way to get something, anything out of Higuain? He's a bit shit in my set up, probably my formation. Refuses to make any runs!
  • puddleduck 9 Oct 2012 23:32:52 1,850 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    In old PES games (I haven't played one since 2009 so I'm a little out of touch ;) ) setting their defensive tendencies to minimum, attacking to maximum and sticking a forward arrow on their runs usually did the trick...

There is a chance that this is somewhat akin to the Queen trying to explain how to setup an Iphone when she still uses a Nokia 3310... or something.
  • dsmx 9 Oct 2012 23:38:14 7,408 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    lol they got rid of those arrows from PES years ago now, now your tactics are done as a team rather than on an individual basis and allows you to setup your team to play how you want very easily.

On the subject of players refusing to make runs you can manually force them to run forward with the right stick but generally if the players aren't making forward runs it's because you've not setup the team to play like that.

Edited by dsmx at 23:39:45 09-10-2012

• puddleduck 9 Oct 2012 23:42:44 1,850 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Got rid of the arrows?!? It's political correctness gone mad!
  • Dougs 10 Oct 2012 00:03:07 64,881 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    dsmx wrote:
    lol they got rid of those arrows from PES years ago now, now your tactics are done as a team rather than on an individual basis and allows you to setup your team to play how you want very easily.

On the subject of players refusing to make runs you can manually force them to run forward with the right stick but generally if the players aren't making forward runs it's because you've not setup the team to play like that.
    But other players, noticeably Giroud, make runs all the time and I haven't changed the tactics. Suspect he'd be better as a front 2 instead of a lone striker.
  • dsmx 10 Oct 2012 01:59:56 7,408 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There's other stats coming into play other than what you tell them, the attack stat is how far up the pitch they tend to want to go andthere's the agression stat which is how often they want to run forward as memory serves. In the end it's all about the stats if you want to play a certain way you need to get the players who can play the way you want there's only so much you can do with tactics.

• Fydria 10 Oct 2012 11:24:26 557 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I love this game sometimes. Brung Berbatov on in the 89th minute, 1-0 down against Chelsea. 94th min, last kick of the game...Boom

• teamHAM 10 Oct 2012 12:34:18 2,403 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So when are these official data patches coming from Konami? Specifically for the 360.

And are there decent option files for the 360 that can do all the proper kits/stadium names/player names etc?

I'm thinking about getting this but might aswell wait if everyone is still waiting for patches and option files.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Games for Windows Live Gamertag: teamHAM

• DarthKebab 10 Oct 2012 13:48:43 403 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Tomorrow
  • freedumb 11 Oct 2012 03:22:14 1,099 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I still use the form arrow table from the Official PES 5 Guide as general guide. Some stats have obviously changed/been removed/merged so I'm not sure if the percentages are exactly the same as now.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5681/formstatsdz6.png

Edited by freedumb at 03:30:01 11-10-2012
  • 1Dgaf 11 Oct 2012 03:24:53 3,775 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Does this game have microtransactions where you can buy players / stats and take them online? Also, is it tied to Konami's servers so if they shut them off you can't play?

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

• freedumb 11 Oct 2012 03:26:45 1,099 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not sure exactly what you mean but try master league online.
  • DarthKebab 11 Oct 2012 15:50:07 403 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Any been patched and updated today? Nice?
  • captbirdseye 11 Oct 2012 21:31:54 4,333 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They really messed up this data pack.
  • Page

of 41 First / Last