Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Page 4

• Page

of 41 First / Last

• Lyserberg 26 Jul 2012 00:51:49 349 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Waouh, the feedback here is so amazing, i can't wait to get my hands on this demo, i'm probably going for PC since it's the only platform i playe PES on (with good optimisation the game locks 60FPS with no issue in most entry-level graphics cards).
    I'm so excited to test this, althought we're at mid-2012, there's alot to be done on this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48avf7NdxIw

I've started to watch this series of videos, and i truely believe that PES 2013 have something to deliver.

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• King_Edward 26 Jul 2012 07:43:54 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    dsmx wrote:
    remember people this is demo 1, demo 2 is yet to come. Plenty can change as last year attests to.
    Don't remind me. :(
  • Deleted user 26 July 2012 07:45:14
    King_Edward wrote:
    dsmx wrote:
    remember people this is demo 1, demo 2 is yet to come. Plenty can change as last year attests to.
    Don't remind me. :(
    Indeed, last years demo's were fine and then there came the fucked up shooting issues on release :/
  • anon_ 26 Jul 2012 08:24:52 211 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It was PES for me last gen, and it's been Fifa this gen. Had a couple of games on the demo. Still reckon Fifa 12 plays the better game of football - more weighthy, fluid and dynamic - but PES13 seems like it's shaping up to be a respectable alternative. Think GT to Forza.
  • ERG1008 26 Jul 2012 09:10:22 656 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hammered this last night and it's a lot better than PES2012.
    The main thing is that the GKs actually make saves now rather than half-arsed dives over the ball. There's still a few mistakes but not making every shot go in.
    Manual passing is great once you get used to it and the AI (I only play offline) on higher levels really makes use of the its formations and better players, something that FIFA still hasn't mastered. (ie, all the AI teams play the same regardless)
    Shooting also seems a lot more responsive and goes where you want it and have scored some crackers with Schweiny.
    Haven't had any penalties yet but sounds like they're still rubbish.
    Playing on the PC and will have to find the extender gubbins now.
    Looks lovely as well
  • Deckard1 26 Jul 2012 09:16:42 27,042 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Played this this morning and its actually pretty good. Definitely getting better. Still feels clunky, ugly and ungainly compared to fifa, but its definitely getting better. Keepers are shit though. As are the opposition defenders.
  • THFourteen 26 Jul 2012 09:18:41 32,853 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Monsieur_Blade wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    Is the physics/collision detection. Any better.
    Perhaps slightly but still very similar to PES 2012
    ah. thats probably me out then. will definitely try the demo, but after getting used to the impact engine where (with the odd strange occurrence) the players and ball react as you would expect in real life, i just couldnt deal with how pes 2012 players ran through each other and over the ball as if they weren't there last year.

also unlike syrette, i love tactical defending, it definitely seperates the proper skilled players from those who just hold the button down.

Edited by THFourteen at 09:19:14 26-07-2012
  • King_Edward 26 Jul 2012 09:22:15 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    anon_ wrote:
    It was PES for me last gen, and it's been Fifa this gen. Had a couple of games on the demo. Still reckon Fifa 12 plays the better game of football - more weighthy, fluid and dynamic - but PES13 seems like it's shaping up to be a respectable alternative. Think GT to Forza.
    Which one is out of GT and Forza is the respectable alternative?
  • THFourteen 26 Jul 2012 09:23:26 32,853 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sonic All Stars Racing
  • Ultrasoundwave 26 Jul 2012 09:28:31 3,264 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I was Pro Evo back in the day, then i switched over to FIFA when it got good and i havent played a Pro Evo game for the last 4 or 5 years.

Decided to try the demo last night to see how far they have come : not very far at all it seems.

I honestly dont understand any football fan out there who is still loyal to Pro Evo - trying the demo last night, i felt embarrassed for Konami.

They are so far behind FIFA on so many levels its not even funny - everything from the presentation, the menus, the graphics, the sound, controls, gameplay, player likeness, match atmosphere, etc,etc, etc........every aspect of Pro Evo is inferior to FIFA.

Its sad, because back in the day Pro Evo was untouchable and genuinely a thrilling game of football. I hope they can recover one day and give FIFA proper challenge, but until then ill be FIFA all the way.

Shape up Konami!

Edited by Ultrasoundwave at 09:29:26 26-07-2012

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• anon_ 26 Jul 2012 09:28:46 211 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    also unlike syrette, i love tactical defending, it definitely seperates the proper skilled players from those who just hold the button down.
    Same, it's a genuinely great gameplay improvement.

King_Edward wrote:
    Which one is out of GT and Forza is the respectable alternative?
    For my money Forza 4 is superior and GT5 is the respectable alternative. But anyway, that's a discussion for another thread, not here..
  • PaulLFC 26 Jul 2012 10:03:03 10 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    I was Pro Evo back in the day, then i switched over to FIFA when it got good and i havent played a Pro Evo game for the last 4 or 5 years.

Decided to try the demo last night to see how far they have come : not very far at all it seems.

I honestly dont understand any football fan out there who is still loyal to Pro Evo - trying the demo last night, i felt embarrassed for Konami.

They are so far behind FIFA on so many levels its not even funny - everything from the presentation, the menus, the graphics, the sound, controls, gameplay, player likeness, match atmosphere, etc,etc, etc........every aspect of Pro Evo is inferior to FIFA.

Its sad, because back in the day Pro Evo was untouchable and genuinely a thrilling game of football. I hope they can recover one day and give FIFA proper challenge, but until then ill be FIFA all the way.

Shape up Konami!
    Gameplay is and should always be more important than graphics in a football game. Player likenesses are far better in Pro Evo than FIFA - FIFA wins by a long way on match atmosphere and presentation, but I'd rather any game focussed on making it play a good game of football before all that - not that FIFA doesn't play good game of football.

FIFA's menus are awful - slow, take ages to load and options are buried under multiple menu levels. I'd take PES' simple menus any day. FIFA wins on the tactics and team management screen though - PES' one is a confusing mess with too much information.

Controls - how are they inferior? They're perfectly fine, plenty of options and the button mappings are customisable so you can change them to FIFA style controls if you wish.

Master league is a far better career mode than FIFA's manager mode, so saying "every aspect" of FIFA is better is an exaggeration.
  • DarthKebab 26 Jul 2012 10:11:39 403 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Gah, someone fed it :(

On my 5 hour embarrassing session last night I got to grips with Italy eventually, was thinking on 2012 I would have scored around 90% of the shots I let off.

Still cannot find a decent way to play as Germany though, might up the difficulty and see if someone stupid like England will attack me more leaving themselves open to counter.
  • PaulLFC 26 Jul 2012 10:12:36 10 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DarthKebab wrote:
    Gah, someone fed it :(
    Oops :D
  • dsmx 26 Jul 2012 10:17:16 7,548 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PES is fun, FIFA is still frustrating as my brothers daily swearing sessions at FIFA will attest to.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Isolated 26 Jul 2012 10:24:37 19 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    DarthKebab wrote:
    Still cannot find a decent way to play as Germany though, might up the difficulty and see if someone stupid like England will attack me more leaving themselves open to counter.
    Try playing their wingers a little higher up the pitch. I found the way they are set up as default leaves Gomez/Klose too isolated up front, playing Gotze and Reus further up the pitch leads to better results for me.

Edited by Isolated at 10:24:46 26-07-2012
  • Monsieur_Blade 26 Jul 2012 10:28:43 338 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:

Shape up Konami!
    The fact u put "presentation, menus, graphics and sound" in front of gameplay speaks volumes.
    I couldn't give two hoots about any of them above gameplay. Pes is definitely improving but i think its gonna be next generation when we finally see a new engine and a fresh and exciting new game.

But to say pes is inferior to fifa in every way is total fan boyism and utter nonsense. Fifa prob offers the overall better package but pes is more fun and has the superior masters league.
  • DarthKebab 26 Jul 2012 10:31:24 403 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Isolated wrote:
    DarthKebab wrote:
    Try playing their wingers a little higher up the pitch. I found the way they are set up as default leaves Gomez/Klose too isolated up front, playing Gotze and Reus further up the pitch leads to better results for me.
    Will give that a go, cheers.

Hated Italy at first but then decided the best tactic was give Pirlo the ball. :)
  • chasejamie 26 Jul 2012 11:03:34 812 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I detest FIFA's menus.
  • OnlyMe 26 Jul 2012 11:14:34 3,104 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FIFA's menus are cluttered, counter-intuitive and slow as hell. PES menus are straight to the point and fast. Not to mention the gameplan/squad menus are so much better in PES than they are in FIFA it's a joke. I've played a lot of FIFA 12, and every time I do, I seriously miss the ability to just drag player to the position you want like in PES without having to go into a seperate menu and saving a new formation for every little change I do.

Graphics are worse as well in FIFA... laughable pixelmess of a crowd and the players faces are equally ridiculous. They all look like badly done wax dolls.

To be honest, I always find PES's best moments to be better than FIFA's best moments. Unfortunately, PES's worst moments are also so much worse than FIFA's.
  • dsmx 26 Jul 2012 12:04:37 7,548 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Menus sole job is to display information in an intuitive way and do it quickly, PES menus do that to the letter. There's fluff, no flashiness I struggle to see why people keep criticising PES for it's interface, would you rather they spent the budget on making the game better or spend it making pointless training area for the menus that let you dribble and shoot the ball for a while which PES already has a dedicated training area for?

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Anthony_UK 26 Jul 2012 12:15:37 2,457 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Monsieur_Blade wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:

Shape up Konami!
    The fact u put "presentation, menus, graphics and sound" in front of gameplay speaks volumes.
    I couldn't give two hoots about any of them above gameplay. Pes is definitely improving but i think its gonna be next generation when we finally see a new engine and a fresh and exciting new game.

But to say pes is inferior to fifa in every way is total fan boyism and utter nonsense. Fifa prob offers the overall better package but pes is more fun and has the superior masters league.
    I wouldn't say it's fan boyism in the slightest, I was a huge PES fan up until Pro Evo 6 (released 6 years ago), and my initial impression on playing this was that it's basically the same game but slower. There's no wow, this is the new pro evo feeling just that it is the same game, which they tweak every year to try and get that magic back when in fact FIFA has left it for dust long ago.
  • dsmx 26 Jul 2012 12:25:00 7,548 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So you say it's not fanboyism in the slightest but aren't willing to constructively criticise on the differences between the two and resort to a blanket statement.

• Shikasama 26 Jul 2012 13:10:47 6,599 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    PaulLFC wrote:
    FIFA's menus are awful - slow, take ages to load and options are buried under multiple menu levels. I'd take PES' simple menus any day. FIFA wins on the tactics and team management screen though - PES' one is a confusing mess with too much information.
    quote]

After completing seasons on Fifa 11 and Fifa 12 this is my lasting impression of the games, the menu and navigation system is fucking awful, slow and cumbersome.

As for the pitch graphics, surely we have reached a stage where they are good enough now? The players look like the players they are supposed to and the pitches look good. Past that can't we just look at how the football plays?
  • anon_ 26 Jul 2012 13:10:49 211 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I kinda agree with his point though. Seems like every year with PES they're just switching sliders - faster, slower, looser, stiffer - trying to hit on a magic formula. Every year I get an initial eureka! firing up the demo, but a few games usually exposes the usual flaws. The stilted gameplay, the robotic animations. Engine needs a rewrite, not tweaking.
  • Lyserberg 26 Jul 2012 13:20:46 349 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:

Shape up Konami!
    You're totally missing the point of buying PES.
    For me, these two games are not very comparable to each other, especially when we're talking gameplay, i'm totally sure that Konami is able to provide a stunning simulation experience, probably equal or even better than FIFA does, but they are still maintaining the arcade style of gameplay which i'm totally a fan of.

Menus of FIFA have the 3D engine running in the background, and because of that, they run at 30FPS, as a result the input lag is higher and the navigation is slower, although with a nice pc you can enjoy them at 60FPS and have the same latency and snappiness that PES menus have, it depends on the person, whether you like the clean and sharp look of FIFA menus, or you just care about the speed and the easy access to your tactical options. ;-)

Edited by Lyserberg at 13:21:31 26-07-2012

Edited by Lyserberg at 13:21:59 26-07-2012

Edited by Lyserberg at 13:22:24 26-07-2012

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• varsas 26 Jul 2012 13:27:22 2,401 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I played the demo a couple of times and really enjoyed it; far more than the demos for other versions this generation. I'll definitely keep an eye on it but I still which they would move to 360 degree control.
  • Deckard1 26 Jul 2012 13:28:20 27,042 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I fucking love menus me.
  • Shikasama 26 Jul 2012 13:30:23 6,599 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    I fucking love menus me.
    Considering Fifa asks you to spend so much time in them it's just as well!
  • Page

of 41 First / Last