Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Page 30

• Page

of 41 First / Last

• robc84 2 Oct 2012 09:20:35 5,828 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Started to click a bit more for me tonight. Managed to win a few games quite comfortably and even had an unjust defeat at home to Chelsea. Who scored with each of their 3 shots. Probably because I forgot to sub Fabianski out after a cup game....

Good stuff though, very enjoyable.
    A defeat at home to Chelsea - cant say this game isn't realistic :)

I did go on a bit of an unbeaten run over the weekend, which came to an end last night away to City.

I think I am finally starting to get the hang of all of the controls. It is quite overwhelming at first but it is starting to click a bit. Starting to find it a bit easier to score, and have even scored a few decent goals.

Much less frustrating now.

My current complaint is that you can only fast forward to x2 on BAL when you are sub. So boring to watch the AI.
  • THFourteen 2 Oct 2012 09:32:43 33,929 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I still think it may be too easy to score from long range in this game...
  • Dougs 2 Oct 2012 09:46:22 68,524 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Stop playing in Regular then! You don't get half as much time or space to line those shots up...
  • THFourteen 2 Oct 2012 09:47:04 33,929 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    but then i wont score at all!

still trying to work the game out, i can't win all my games on regular. about 50% at the moment.
  • Dougs 2 Oct 2012 10:02:02 68,524 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Scored a wicked volley with Podolski. Square ball to the edge of the area, flicked up and volleyed top corner (with his right!). Awesome. Most of my goals are edge of the area or through balls. Keepers are significantly better as you go up though!
  • binky Moderator 2 Oct 2012 11:08:31 9,716 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Dougs Just popped my head in here.... You ended up getting it then Dougs? Did you still grab FIFA, or did you plump for just one?
  • TheBear 2 Oct 2012 11:09:49 4,529 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Dougs, thanks for the info you posted on the paul2478 OF. The coying of multiple files makes this a breeze this year! Superb!

As for the game, really love. Playing on pro, and winning most of my games as PSG - so may need to move up. Although, went away to Ajax in my final Champions League group game and got spanked. 4 nil down after half an hour.

One question, in ML, is it possible to move onto a different club (as coach). Enjoyed my time at PSG but fancy a move at the end of the season! Or is it just a case of starting afresh?
  • Dougs 2 Oct 2012 11:12:33 68,524 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    binky wrote:
    @Dougs Just popped my head in here.... You ended up getting it then Dougs? Did you still grab FIFA, or did you plump for just one?
    Yeah, couldn't resist! Not got FIFA yet, will probably pick it up on PC when it drops a bit. I do like it but have played mainly PES for so many years I wasn't sure I could be bothered to learn the controls properly for FIFA!
  • binky Moderator 2 Oct 2012 11:14:38 9,716 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Dougs Fair enough.

I've just been sent a free copy of FIFA so I'll stick with that this year and then perhaps pick up PES later on when the inevitable price drop arrives.
  • Mattuk123 2 Oct 2012 11:18:29 140 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @TheBear

Afraid not they should have really made this possible by now!
    You will have to start a fresh
  • TheBear 2 Oct 2012 11:22:09 4,529 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mattuk123 wrote:
    @TheBear

Afraid not they should have really made this possible by now!
    You will have to start a fresh
    Ah cheers, thought that was probably the case.

Has anyone tried any of the online cup competitions? Any good?
  • Dougs 2 Oct 2012 11:29:52 68,524 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Not tried online at all yet....are the rumours true, that it's not completely fucked?!
  • jamievilla 2 Oct 2012 11:33:23 545 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Not tried online at all yet....are the rumours true, that it's not completely fucked?!
    I've been playing quite a lot of MLO, and its very good. Seems to be very few issues with the stability, the main issue (as it is every year) is the people that play. (the quitters, the playing along the back four). Speed players are quite difficult (but not as impossible as 2012) to play against.

My main concern is the introduction of the rival leagues. Basically you get put against 18 similar level players and the best results overall get prize money (from 1st to 16th). Great idea but seems heavily weighted in favour of those who can get the most games in. So if someone played 100 games and won 20, they'd be above someone who played 20 games and won 19.

Generally feels better than last year, I don't get as frustrated as I don't feel like I lose games because of a failure in the AI, more myself!
  • Jono62 2 Oct 2012 12:10:43 14,204 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So far, I've only played the become a legend and its quite enjoyable. Must remember to stop running like a headless chicken at times!
  • MontyBrewster 2 Oct 2012 12:58:44 253 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    jamievilla wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    I've been playing quite a lot of MLO, and its very good. Seems to be very few issues with the stability, the main issue (as it is every year) is the people that play.
    Played about 70 matches in MLO (360), only 2 games had bad lag (stuttering) and didn't encounter a single disconnect cheat!

Unfortunately any high ranked played just spammed the lobbed through ball which my crappy defenders couldn't deal with too well. In general most matches were dominated by the standard through ball which was easy enough to stop but really boring to play against. I like slow build up play but i'd often take the easy through ball too, it's so tempting when players are wide open.

I actually preferred MLO last year (2011 was the best), had lots of good games playing other 'balanced' teams. Here's hoping there's some sort of fix in this month's update.
  • Dougs 2 Oct 2012 15:34:12 68,524 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    TheBear wrote:
    @Dougs, thanks for the info you posted on the paul2478 OF. The coying of multiple files makes this a breeze this year! Superb!

No problem. :) This reminds me actually, after copying over the latest files, he appears to have Arsenal's long sleeve top with red hoops and the socks with 2 blue hoops. Seems the socks and sleeves are getting confused!
  • DarthKebab 2 Oct 2012 19:07:36 403 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Instead of getting worse by now and people picking it apart including myself it seems to get better each session, very impressed.
  • Fydria 2 Oct 2012 19:13:02 561 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    CPU scoring practically every freekick outside the box is annoying as fuck.
  • DarthKebab 2 Oct 2012 19:21:06 403 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Making the wall jump seems to have stopped the frequency of those for me
  • Slurmseh 2 Oct 2012 19:23:35 2,344 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How long does it usually take for the smoke patch?
  • Stockings 2 Oct 2012 19:28:51 1,063 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DarthKebab wrote:
    Instead of getting worse by now and people picking it apart including myself it seems to get better each session, very impressed.
    Same here, I'm really loving how hard it is.
    Like you said from the beginning, you need to do some of the training so you know what you're doing.The R1 and R2 knock-on for example has really changed the game for me, making it it easier to get one of the orgasmic long-shots off that invariably whistle wide or hit the post leaving me on the edge of my seat.
    PES is really worth the money this year, thanks KONAMI!
  • Fydria 2 Oct 2012 19:29:13 561 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    DarthKebab wrote:
    Making the wall jump seems to have stopped the frequency of those for me
    I've tried that, even try a man on the line, always top corner. Once they put it over the bar, once!!
  • dsmx 2 Oct 2012 20:18:52 7,655 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    With the smoke patch first thing you need to know is never patch PES or download the DLC if you want to use it.

Secondly if konami announce a patch or some DLC for a PES the release of the smoke patch is delayed until it's out and the smoke patch tends to come out a week or 2 later.

Lastly when you do install it you won't need the cd in the drive any more.

I suppose I should mention this has been for PES 2011 and 2012, this years may be different so don't hold me to anything I've said it's just what's happened in the previous 2 years.

Edited by dsmx at 20:23:16 02-10-2012

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Dougs 2 Oct 2012 21:01:32 68,524 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DLC is due 11 October I think.
  • DarthKebab 2 Oct 2012 21:55:49 403 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Another amazing session with loads of out your seat moments.

It's wonderful playing in a proper licensed stadium in a champions league game with all the real ad boards, just nails the atmosphere.

Still too many near post goals for me though, seem to count for loads of mine as the keeper has no idea and dives out the way expecting the cross or something, getting used to little Thiago in my team, a lobbed through ball he did out to the wing just looked totally unique for a player in my team in its trajectory and weight, just said wow when it happened.

Had a great game against Man City, they went 1-0 up then had Gareth Barry sent off, started pressing the midfield more and left a gap for them to go 2-0 with a trough ball where I ran my defender out from, my mistake, obviously I battered them second half and got it back to 2-2, injury time had a throw in their half, held the ball up and Lichsteiner made a run from right back, crossed it in and Mirallas volleyed it in from 6 yards.

No other game has had a look in these past almost three weeks now, both my beloved NHL and FIFA have been installed and started up but no layer for more than an hour each.
  • DarthKebab 2 Oct 2012 22:12:48 403 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not sure mate, playing it through the Master League
  • Lyserberg 2 Oct 2012 22:21:06 349 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I was playing the Masters league for a bit here, and as i've told you before, i started using Barcelona, with its real players, and i noticed that they had all black boots... at first it was frustrating because all Barcelona players has some pretty sweet set of boots from Nike and Adidas and i thought it was a bad thing seeing them playing all with the black uglish ones, now that's not a big deal... NOW THE REAL PROBLEM IS when i played my first match with them, and by them i mean ALL OF THEM, they looked all pretty slow, Messi wasn't able to shoot as powerful as he usually does, basically all the players lost some running, shooting and passing ability... i checked their stats and they seem to be fine...

So why is that? Why KONAMI doesn't let us keep their acutal boots on them? And why in the hell does it impact players' perfomance even when it's... boots, nothing more or less...

This ML is so damn complicated, even Barcelona completely got wacked by playing with black boots, glad i didn't start with a team off the hook, otherwise i was going to be eaten alive...

I'm so FUCKING NERVOUS !

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• Page

of 41 First / Last