Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Page 28

• Page

of 41 First / Last

• DarthKebab 29 Sep 2012 21:57:12 403 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So, finishing 2nd in the league, decide to sexy up my team, signed, Khedira, Thiago, Afinkeev, Podolski, Llorente, thinking maybe I may be a bit too good now, back down to earth.

Somehow lost four league games in a row, bottom of the table, I am playing well but probably just trying too much with my newly bought flair players, lesson learned.

Champions League I have won both my games so far, this game is really rather ace.
  • jackhjharding 29 Sep 2012 22:36:05 390 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone know how to save your Camera Settings for online games? I play on 'Pitchside' but the game doesn't seem to remember that my settings so have to change it at the start of every game online!
  • Rodchenko 29 Sep 2012 23:00:05 422 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The heading in this game is absolutely hideous. I swear it was better in ISSPES1, 11 years ago. On the rare occasion that you actually manage to connect with the ball it floats away like a balloon, much like the awful shots in 2012. As a consequence crossing and corners are utterly useless which forces you to play a ground passing game in order to achieve something. How this got past play testing is beyond me...
  • THFourteen 29 Sep 2012 23:15:17 32,890 posts
    Seen 33 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fuck it, FIFA is really dull. Bought this now. Had four or five games of PES at the expo and its really good. Much more time on the ball and the ability to create lovely varied goals IMO.

Glad I got FIFA for relatively cheap.

Edited by THFourteen at 23:15:30 29-09-2012
  • DarthKebab 29 Sep 2012 23:29:30 403 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Rodchenko it's your timing of pressing the shoot button that's off, press it when it's right next to you, rise too soon, balloon :)
  • dsmx 29 Sep 2012 23:44:12 7,563 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Shooting in PES has and probably always will be all about the timing.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• SuperCoolEskimo 30 Sep 2012 03:42:37 9,728 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Shooting is really realistic in this PES. You have to get the ball out from your feet, give yourself a a little run and time the button press if you want to give it a good hit from distance.
  • Fydria 30 Sep 2012 10:41:21 561 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just scored an explosive Riise belter against Man United with Fulham in the ML to snatch a 1-0 win, oh the joys of it all :D. I seem to do better in PES with a lesser team as I think I'm so much more careful in everything whereas when your a top team you know you should win so your constantly going for goals.
  • Mattuk123 30 Sep 2012 13:26:09 131 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @DarthKebab

Sounds good who you start with on ml? And what settings you use?
  • DarthKebab 30 Sep 2012 14:58:11 403 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Mattuk123 Eve...sorry Merseyside Blue, normal game speed, two bar pass assistance, it is ping pongy to be fair but I have great players now, like I say I am dominating games but probably trying to do some flair stuff with the likes of Thiago and arsing around rather than getting the goals first.
  • Mattuk123 30 Sep 2012 17:44:30 131 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Cool, I should really have started with a better team defaults are such a slog to start with, managed to get some decent players in but now season has ended my 2 best players have handed transfer requests great...... Back where I started it seems.

Really enjoying it though so much better than pes 2012, gameplay is so addictive this year
  • DarthKebab 30 Sep 2012 17:54:59 403 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ronaldo is a whore in this, he was playing for Madrid, then Man U and now Valencia, I could have signed Kaka too but his stats were dropping a bit fast.

I thought the transfers seemed realistic at first but now they are pretty gash to be fair, there is no real logic there, I am saying that like expect it, haha.
  • Mattuk123 30 Sep 2012 18:12:19 131 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah lol mine is messed up as well and only one season gone, ronaldo at barca messi at inter ect. Doesn't bother me but can see why it would bother alot of people.

I've got transfers on normal though maybe I should have selected low
  • DarthKebab 30 Sep 2012 18:29:00 403 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Doubt it would stop the silliness to be fair, by all accounts this should be an awful game but the action on the pitch is pretty fantastic so far.
  • Stockings 30 Sep 2012 19:16:49 1,039 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Man, if the locked-in defending is fixed in a patch, this is the bes Pes EVER. At least on the pitch where it matters most.
    I think reviewers have bottled it not scoring this more than FIFA, maybe the lack of game modes is the reason though I suppose.

Edited by Stockings at 19:17:35 30-09-2012

Edited by Stockings at 19:18:13 30-09-2012
  • DarthKebab 30 Sep 2012 19:26:15 403 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's a better all round package, a lot more to do and presented magnificently, pro evo is cold, outdated, black, probably even looks ugly on the pitch compared to FIFA from the normal wide camera, but yes, I think pro evo edges FIFA in providing a better representation on the pitch of simulating a real game.
  • Mattuk123 30 Sep 2012 19:59:08 131 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Lol messi at Chelsea now WTF. Managed to hold onto my players and bring a few more in aiming to get promoted this season not an easy task but reckon ill manage it.
  • cheeky_prawnking 30 Sep 2012 20:23:10 4,281 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fuckers have ordered a copy of Pro Evo, can see the reasoning behind some of the points made about FIFA though. To be honest coming in off the wing, aiming a shot bottom far corner, if it goes through pretty much guarantees a goal I have found.

Back to Pro Evo, enjoyed the demo so hopefully the full game will be just as good if not better.
  • Kokapetl 30 Sep 2012 20:40:05 865 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just started a new Champions League campaign with Man Utd. Drawn in a group with Valencia, Dynamo Kiev and Feyenoord. Am expecting this to be difficult.

I have to say that although I am enjoying this, I don't actually think I've scored one goal from inside the box. The only way I've been able to score is by passing from the flanks to someone in the centre and shooting from the edge of the penalty area. Crossing may as well be redundant.

Xbox Live/PS3/Steam - Kokapetl
    3DS - 0903-2865-7239 - Face

• DarthKebab 30 Sep 2012 20:47:42 403 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Kokapetl you'll get better with skilled dribbling around the box and using the flick up move (R3), crossing is too overpowered at the near post if you ask me, the keeper also 100% dives out to collect the cross that doesn't come, leaving his near post totally empty.
  • DarthKebab 30 Sep 2012 20:53:46 403 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think also for the first time ever I need to get some songs imported on the Xbox and use them in game, it's shocking this year, they usually have one or two not ear splitting tunes but nothing this year, 8 tracks, repeated after going in and out of menus just becomes irritating.

Hate that "they call me Welbeck" song too!
  • Fydria 30 Sep 2012 23:29:29 561 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @DarthKebab Got the PC version and a custom data patch and it included a load of new songs which was an added bonus :D
  • dsmx 1 Oct 2012 00:03:01 7,563 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A few of the custom patches allow you to up the graphics levels further on the PC.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Lyserberg 1 Oct 2012 08:58:18 349 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    DarthKebab wrote:
    I think also for the first time ever I need to get some songs imported on the Xbox and use them in game, it's shocking this year, they usually have one or two not ear splitting tunes but nothing this year, 8 tracks, repeated after going in and out of menus just becomes irritating.

Hate that "they call me Welbeck" song too!
    At least the songs are better than last year's ones, which were just ridiculously bad and just some remix and techno shit that distract you from the game rather than immersing you in it, the best soundtrack i've ever heared in next-gen PES IMO was in PES 2009, but this year is better, actually i never felt the need to have iTunes or ZUNE launched in the background. :) Well... it depends more on the mood, if i'm in the mood for some real music i just launch a media player and have fun browsing and editing stuff, but sometimes i don't :D

And yeah, "they call me shiznik" thing is just... sometimes i tend to laugh because of it, it's a mix of bad lyrics and some weird music...

Edited by Lyserberg at 09:02:54 01-10-2012

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• Dougs 1 Oct 2012 09:01:14 66,739 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The sound is always the first thing to go imo - both background tracks and commentary. Once ponced about with fan tracks but even they got tedious.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 1 Oct 2012 09:39:23 25,430 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, I just use the 360 music player if I need any musical accompaniments. PES music & commentary has always been dreadful.
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 10:06:39
    @StarchildHypocrethes - the music is particularly horrific this year but the commentary isn't too bad I'm finding. Other than the slight delay on pronouncing players names.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 1 Oct 2012 10:23:22 25,430 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Two words - Jim. Beglin.
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 10:24:13
    Much better than when Lawro was doing it. That's not saying much though in all fairness :)
  • Reacher 1 Oct 2012 10:37:44 721 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Re crossing , the LB + O is by a mile the best one to use, however if you are anywhere past the edge of the 18 yard box and wide, you might as well just pass them back to the keeper no matter what.
  • Page

of 41 First / Last