Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Page 40

• Page

of 41 First / Last

• jamesi 15 Mar 2013 07:04:56 200 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah will need to try pick up that issue of edge keen to see the changes and i think there is a Hideo interview too
  • andijames 15 Mar 2013 18:54:20 2,704 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    As long as they fix the rubber banding AI then I'll give it a shot. Fundamental issue with the current engine but with the overhaul lets hope that's removed. Sick of the 'engine' thinking every game should be close. If you are all over someone you should be able to win 4 or 5 nil not basically have all your defenders turn into complete retards once you go one up.

vivir el momento

• ecureuil 15 Mar 2013 19:23:54 76,648 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They mentioned the crowd playing a huge part. If you're in front of a home crowd, certain stats will increase and your team will play better, if you're at a tough away ground, stats will decrease. Players with higher mentality will be able to play better at an away ground. It sounds really promising, I recommend buying the magazine for the full details.
  • dsmx 15 Mar 2013 20:43:06 7,582 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    In case you didn't notice FIFA doesn't work properly either and at least PES actually works properly for the most part when it comes out and doesn't require patches to fix glaring issues that should of been spotted before launch if any level of playtesting had occurred.

You are also aware that if someone is lobbing through balls you can go into tactics and force your defenders to play with a deep backline stopping that kind of ball from being anywhere near as effective.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• killersrquiet 16 Mar 2013 15:22:16 1,921 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    dsmx wrote:
    In case you didn't notice FIFA doesn't work properly either and at least PES actually works properly for the most part when it comes out and doesn't require patches to fix glaring issues that should of been spotted before launch if any level of playtesting had occurred.

You are also aware that if someone is lobbing through balls you can go into tactics and force your defenders to play with a deep backline stopping that kind of ball from being anywhere near as effective.
    Fifa 13 is a joke its very broken online from the custom tactics and lob spammers not to mention the scripted shit that decides which player should win. Got rid if it pretty quickly
  • Nades 18 Mar 2013 21:22:35 1,169 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Its true they need to take all the fucking scripting out. Really pissing me off.

Liverpool FC

• Monsieur_Blade 20 Mar 2013 10:41:31 343 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm enjoying PES 2013 80% of the time but the scripting really is driving me mad this year!

My last couple of games in ML have been ridiculous!! I totally dominated a game, had about 15 shots to their 6 but my players reacted to everything like they were running through treacle (and no, none of them were on purple arrows). Surprise, surprise, they had a shot in 89th minute and it went like a rocket into the top corner.

Next game I was beating Sunderland 1-0, totally dominant but just couldn't score the 2nd.... surprise, surprise, they break clear 92nd min.... but my keeper rushes out and fouls the striker - I've actually stopped the scripting for once!!!! ....... oh wait no, they hit a perfect free kick that beats my man on the line and keeper and goes in off the bar!

I don't think playing Pro Evos actually good for me. I wanted to punch through a wall after all that and went to bed really angry!

It must have something going for it though cos I'm determined to get back to winning ways when I get home from work tonight!
  • ecureuil 20 Mar 2013 12:11:12 76,648 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I just noticed this is on Steam (10% off, at £22.99). Has it always been on there or is this a new development?
  • dsmx 20 Mar 2013 19:07:42 7,582 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Popped up yesterday I noticed.

PES scripting is annoying but it's still not as bad as what goes on in FIFA if my brothers reactions in the other room are anything to go by when he's playing FIFA.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Nades 22 Mar 2013 09:58:00 1,169 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Both games need to cut down on the horrible scripting.

Liverpool FC

• LionheartDJH 22 Mar 2013 10:39:56 19,373 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The gameplay stuff sounds promising but I really hope they make some improvements to offline ML as well. Top of my list is more realistic player development; a number of players on my game have developed way beyond what is expected in reality (e.g. Jordan Henderson is rated at 104 and is now better than Messi and Joe Allen is rated at 95 [lol]; that's great and all but not particularly realistic). Other teams' players don't seem to develop as much so they don't keep pace as well.

Also the older players don't seem to decline that much, and although I liked the boots thing at first I have realised they impact a bit too much on the stats and it doesn't seem that many other teams you play against have players who wear them.

She dives for cheese pasties

• ecureuil 22 Mar 2013 13:55:22 76,648 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yea Pro Evo has always done that. Park Chu-Young became legendary in PES4/5, and became a bit of an in-joke for fans because of how incredible he became, when it was obvious even at the time he was never going to get even close to that. He's 27 now and play for Celta Vigo.

It's impossible to predict how good players will become but I always liked that there were random unexpected great players. I always saw it as an alternate football universe type thing. ie. you take part in the development of players. The players get good because you train and develop them right.
  • Nades 23 Mar 2013 16:07:12 1,169 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    All I want for the next PES is for it to be as good as the old ones.

Liverpool FC

• Lookatmynamenowbak2u 23 Mar 2013 18:39:57 1 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Wow stop being so negative.
  • Nades 24 Mar 2013 12:40:17 1,169 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Whys that negative?

Liverpool FC

• jamesi 25 Mar 2013 03:07:14 200 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Does pes have the same online features as pes 2011 i think it was? You could let cpu take control of some games in a tourney to build up cash in mlo online.I thought that was a great feature.
  • Nades 25 Mar 2013 10:05:21 1,169 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @jamesi I don't think so mate, but not 100% sure.

Liverpool FC

• Nades 18 Apr 2013 20:21:52 1,169 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @uglygamer Wait, so what teams will be added because of this?

Liverpool FC

• Nades 27 Apr 2013 17:41:21 1,169 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Have to say I've not been this excited for a PES game in a long time. I have a real good feeling about this one.

Liverpool FC

• dsmx 27 Apr 2013 20:19:24 7,582 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It does sound very interesting however a switch to an entirely new game engine tends to make me slightly wary about the first game, it could be great but there's also the fact that there's a chance there's going to be some epic bugs in it. One thing PES still has going for it is that it's tends to be petty much bug free, or at least not bad enough to ruin your enjoyment.

• Deleted user 4 May 2013 20:13:46
    So, at long last, I got around to attaining #1 in Club Ranking on Master League earlier on.

A far slower year of PES from my normal rotation, as by this time of year I'm usually towards 10+ seasons but I'm just about to start my 6th (I think).

It's odd, this years' version is so much better than the last 2 or 3 but I seem to have played it in dribs and drabs.

Anyhoo, just wanted to post some thoughts after my experiences thus far:

-Shooting is much better than in years. Feels meaty when you time it well.
    -AI still cheats like hell. If it doesn't want you to win the ball there's fuck all you can do about it.
    -Heading in the area seems woefully shite (but maybe that's just me)
    -AI seems to win 75%+ midfield encounters and any 'loose balls' are invariably snaffled up by the AI.
    -Your players seem to still go on a rotation of who's 'on fire' that given day. You can go ages without your leading scorer hitting the target depending on what sort of mood the Ai is in.

By far and a way the bestPES since 05/06 in my humble, long may it continue (but hopefuly I get to play more of the next version).
  • dsmx 4 May 2013 21:44:16 7,582 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I really do like this years version, it's fun and when you do score it feels brilliant and to be honest so long as I'm having fun I don't care about anything else in the game.

• Deleted user 4 May 2013 21:54:50
    dsmx wrote:
    I really do like this years version, it's fun and when you do score it feels brilliant and to be honest so long as I'm having fun I don't care about anything else in the game.
    Yeah, agree completely, I just hope there are more instances of the AI playing well rather than "infinite lucky rebounds" that seemed to crop up this year :)
  • dsmx 4 May 2013 23:21:22 7,582 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Come to think of it this is probably the most fun I've ever had in PES ever, yes the scripting is annoying but I'm playing it on professional and I'm still having fun, consistantly.

Even if I don't score, most of the time goals come because I either fucked up or I had a good bit of play and most of the time your rewarded or punished depending on how your doing. Also the ref is right almost every time (unlike FIFA), the offside rule still isn't quite right since it still counts the line as where the defenders nearest foot to the goal is touching the grass not the nearest body part to the goal that you can legally play the ball with but it gets it right most of the time.

• Deleted user 5 May 2013 10:49:09
    dsmx wrote:
    the offside rule still isn't quite right since it still counts the line as where the defenders nearest foot to the goal is touching the grass not the nearest body part to the goal that you can legally play the ball with but it gets it right most of the time.
    I scored a goal that was 20 yards or so offside (got it saved to laugh at).

The AI had a player off receiving injury treatment and the AI counted him a an active player (his dot on the sideline counted apparently) thus playing Lewandowski onside despite being heinously offside.

Other than that though the offside rule works fine :)
  • Lyserberg 24 May 2013 11:50:59 349 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Waouh, i've fired up Pro Evo 13, (i haven't played for like one or two months) and i noticed that the gameplay is slightly different... did they change something with the new patch ?

It is much better than it was, and yeah the Copa Libertadores of 2013 is a nice and appreciated addition, you would think that KONAMI will let you wait until the next year... not it's all free it's there and it's very very cool.

I'm super stoked for PES 2014, i hope it'll put up a pretty good show with Kojima's FOX Engine facing EA Sport's IGNITE Engine :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxE5MaKuCEc

I've seen some news saying that it was prerendered, but it could be done for the engine not being stable for real-time rendering... all i can say that such image quality can actually be what next-gen FIFA is heading to, so yeah very very excited to see the next battle.

And sorry for my shallowy english, i haven't been active in these forums lately and i lost a bit of my english skill. (like if i had any) :)

Edited by Lyserberg at 11:54:08 24-05-2013

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• Page

of 41 First / Last