Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Page 38

• Page

of 41 First / Last

• Nades 20 Oct 2012 23:14:05 1,612 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Paulie_P
    The other day I decided to play some MLO, I was on around 10 games without a win, but in this game I was beasting it, went 2-0 up, then my mum decided it'll be a good idea to go on the internet, which made the game lag and it ended due to the bad connection, huge rage!!

Liverpool FC
    _______

XbL: Nades x
    PSN: EU-Nades

• Paulie_P 20 Oct 2012 23:46:15 416 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Nades I've been there. I remember telling my bro not to download stuff when I was playing. Like you in the middle of a game, it started lagging. So I go into my bro and ask if he's downloading something and he denies it. I look on his computer and he has a video for screw attack paused. "It's ok, I'm just streaming it" he says!
  • Dougs 23 Oct 2012 22:43:26 69,012 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Data pack 2 is out for the 360 and GTM'S PS3 OF is also now out...
  • SuperCoolEskimo 23 Oct 2012 23:08:42 9,987 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    About halfway through a ML season with the fictional players and shit, the defending on this game is so awfully broken.

Countless times I'll read what the CPU is going to do, get my player in the way of the pass/dribble yet the ball will just roll through his legs, over his foot or just past his toe. The collision detection is non-existent unless you do the X button tackle which often ends in a clumsy foul and harsh yellow card.

Edited by SuperCoolEskimo at 23:19:23 23-10-2012
  • kentmonkey 23 Oct 2012 23:12:28 20,863 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I tried it again tonight. I had Podolski through on goal with a Wigan CD right behind him, both just goalside of the halfway line. They both did that 'stumble-stumble' animation all the way up to the penalty area, whereby the keeper just came to the edge and took the ball. At no stage did Podolski respond to any button presses or controller inputs, I just had to sit there and watch them toss each other off all the way up the pitch until the ball was taken by the keeper.

At times it's great. At others it's a fucking mess.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 23 Oct 2012 23:21:48 9,987 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The defending is never great, it's a mess. I could swear the AI of my players is so much dumber than of the CPU opponents. So often there'll be a ball rolling near them and they'll run off in the opposite direction, or just not move at all while the CPU coasts past.
  • kentmonkey 23 Oct 2012 23:38:43 20,863 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just seen something odd with the Master League I've got going.

26 games played, I've scored 67 goals (conceded 29) and top of the league.

Man Utd, in second place, have scored 40 goals.
    Chelsea, in third, have scored 33 goals.
    Swansea 32.
    City 30.
    Liverpool 28.
    Spurs 26.
    And so on.

So, effectively, teams are getting on average around a goal a game. Which is obviously more than a little unrealistic.

Forgot to say as well, that game against Wigan...16 of my 21 squad players were in purple. Only two were green. I'd beaten Spurs in the previous game 3-1, and Real Madrid 3-1 inbetween those matches. So form has nothing to do with any actions you have taken on the pitch, it's clearly just random. Which is fecking annoying.

Edited by kentmonkey at 23:39:35 23-10-2012
  • megastar 24 Oct 2012 00:08:41 17,197 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    I tried it again tonight. I had Podolski through on goal with a Wigan CD right behind him, both just goalside of the halfway line. They both did that 'stumble-stumble' animation all the way up to the penalty area, whereby the keeper just came to the edge and took the ball. At no stage did Podolski respond to any button presses or controller inputs, I just had to sit there and watch them toss each other off all the way up the pitch until the ball was taken by the keeper.

At times it's great. At others it's a fucking mess.
    This!
  • robc84 24 Oct 2012 08:49:50 5,958 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Have to agree about the defending. Its the one thing in this game that really makes me rage. Especially in the big games.

Was Playing Athletic in Europa league last 32 last night. Ended up winning on away goals after a 3-2 win at their place. All of their goals came from through balls that my defenders just watched go past them (or through them)! Also every takle I tried to make either missed or gave me a yellow card (Llorente the worst offender - had 3 players around him at 1 point and they just kept bouncing off of him!).

IMO, this game is great attacking wise, but poor defensive most of the time. Some games it seems to work ok, but the the scripting kicks in and I give away a goal out of nothing and it makes me rage!
  • megastar 24 Oct 2012 14:38:13 17,197 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RE Transfers in ML: when I look at at any player worth a damn, it gives you that "1% chance of deal happening" shite, well, why can't I "modify" the amount of money I am willing to throw at him to make the deal more appealing to him? I'm astonished that you can't seem to be able to do this??

or can you and I'm just being thick? in which case I'd be delighted to hear how!!

I have £160 million in the bank but can't sign any decent players!
  • Dougs 24 Oct 2012 15:35:33 69,012 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You can - after they reject your approach, go to negotiations and re-negotiate where you can enter as much as you want. Dunno if it changes the chances of signing though or not
  • megastar 24 Oct 2012 15:44:26 17,197 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nice one cheers!
  • AMD500 24 Oct 2012 19:02:48 150 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I have just downloaded data pack 2 on PS3, which I believe was supposed to update the summer transfers. However, I notice no transfers have been updated. Is there something I am doing wrong or is it possibly related to the option file I am using? Thanks in advance for any help.
  • kentmonkey 24 Oct 2012 19:05:55 20,863 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You have to delete something. If you go into 'information' it has the instructions there. Once you've deleted whatever it is you need to delete (and be careful because I deleted the wrong thing, which fucked up my progress and settings, etc.) then they'll be at the right clubs.
  • AMD500 24 Oct 2012 19:07:38 150 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    OK. Thanks for that. I will have a look now.

Just done it now and all transfers are updated. Thanks for the help.

Edited by AMD500 at 19:16:46 24-10-2012
  • SuperCoolEskimo 25 Oct 2012 01:45:08 9,987 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Played a few more ML games tonight with more defensive AI shittery. First game, the CPU player ran with the ball into my area, his touch was poor and he presented the ball to my player. After pressing the standing tackle button, my player tackled in the direction of the player instead of the ball, fouled him and gave away a penalty, despite having the ball right in front of him.

Second game, the CPU crossed the ball deep and it was heading out of play beyond their attackers. I ran my player out of the way but the AI decided to make another defender jump for the ball, head it down into my goal for an OG. Ridiculous.

In the third game, the CPU attacked down the middle. I had my back four covering the width of the edge of my area, with my DM facing up to their player on the ball. My left back inexplicably ran central, beyond my CB, leaving acres for their right mid to be slid in, and he scored.

Going to trade this in tomorrow for FIFA 13, I really tried to get to grips with the ridiculous AI but it's just unacceptably broken. Might pick up the PS2 version which still plays better than this, which is the 3rd/4th attempt Konami have had at making a playable PS3 football game.

Funnily enough, when I put the game disc in the case and was cleaning the back of it, I happened to read 'PRO ACTIVE AI - Your teammates are more intelligent than ever before, reading the game better and making defence splitting runs like the pros.' At least it gave me one laugh during the time I owned it.
  • Dougs 26 Oct 2012 13:19:41 69,012 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've noticed all these, but always assumed it was more down to user error than anything. I get particularly frustrated when the player switching fucks up and drags a player out of position (like above) but missed tackles etc I can never be sure it's not me.

Anyway, installed GTM's OF last night. It's an absolute gem. Although 2 transfers I made with another OF seem to have kept that kit, not the GTM kit. Weird. And I scored with a cross. Twice in one game!
  • Nades 27 Oct 2012 01:27:40 1,612 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I do get pissed off with it at times and do agree, the players do go into retard mode sometimes, but personally I still think it's so much better than FIFA. I get bored of FIFA after 3 games max!! Konami are on the right track, let's hope the next gen will make PES the king again. I won't be surprised if it does happen, as it'll be using the Fox Engine =D.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• SuperCoolEskimo 27 Oct 2012 02:03:55 9,987 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fox Engine?
  • Dougs 27 Oct 2012 08:22:21 69,012 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Had 2 quite ridiculous games full of scripting last night. One was against QPR in the Europa League knockouts and one against Spurs. The goals were ridiculous. One for Spurs my keeper just stood there as a looped shot from 8 yards went over his head unchallenged. Grr.
  • IncredibleKoosh 27 Oct 2012 09:46:13 241 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    Fox Engine?
    I see what you did there Snake...
  • Deleted user 27 October 2012 10:18:54
    fox engine PES would be legit
  • Lyserberg 27 Oct 2012 13:59:21 349 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Although don't expect it ti be as advanced as the next upcoming Metal Gear Solid, they need to get this running above 60FPS (so they can lock it with V-Sync) and 30ish FPS in close-ups so that it can hold it self even with a bunch of highly detailed players on the screen, the comeback of snow is also a pretty cool thing i'm looking foward to.
    So yeah, i missed you guys, missed this thread with all these weird avatars (monkey, boobs... ah you guys are amazing :) ) and i just wanted to update about ML and my final thoughts about the recent update.
    About the ML, as i said, i'm using Barcelona with its real players (initially with all black boots), earned experience points, got some nice boots for all my best players to push their skill potential, my problems with choppy and weak shots of Alexis Sanchez are finally solved, got him some shooting optimized boots as well as a training card, after 10 games only his ability to shoot accuratly and strongly has improved a lot so i'm expecting he'll be just a ... beast by the time season ends up, also i'm pushing PIQUE to be a midfielder and his headers are just... nightmares, and i'm planning to add a Header training card to his training slots so that i can even score from delicat positions and be able to create the difference when Messi and others can't score using their feet... :-P
    All it's left to talk about is the update... i had some serious positive impressions about it in the first place, but some of the negative aspects are starting to show up for me, so... for one thing, goals are extremly hard to score, it's not the players' problem, but it's because goalkeepers are not magically more talented than ever, i mean even a GK from a totally beat up team can totally punch away a 1-on-1 finess shot of Messi, which previously rarely ended up not being a goal, or a long shot from Sanchez which often ended up in and i'm like : "OH YEAH, TAKE THAT!" so yeah, scoring goals is more difficult than ever and it's only at regular, i'm starting to get the hang of it, but versus teams like Real Madrid where they have Casillas it's almost impossible to score...
    I mean sure you might argue that i try longer shots while i should probably get closer to goal before i hit the button but even when it's constructive, even when i'm face to face with the GK, it sometimes just... don't get in, which drives me crazy, and i have no intention to bring it down to amateur, that'll never happen, i'll try to get used to it and hopefully i'll deliver my best against strong teams.
    9 points away from Real Madrid, i'm in real mess... :(

Edited by Lyserberg at 14:05:45 27-10-2012

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• Lyserberg 29 Oct 2012 23:17:58 349 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Lol, it took one long reply to get them all outta this topic ! :p

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• Dougs 29 Oct 2012 23:36:51 69,012 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    :)

It's been said before, but amazing what a change in formation can do. Just nudged my AM to a SS and the chances are much more plentiful. Still the same old scripting issues mind but it still has that "one more game" thing going on once a session clicks.
  • Nades 30 Oct 2012 22:43:24 1,612 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I think the Fox Engine, will be huge for future PES games...

Liverpool FC
    _______

• ecu 17 Nov 2012 20:16:01 77,225 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Why is the digital PC version £29.99 but the retail edition £19.99 everywhere?
  • Stockings 22 Nov 2012 19:02:31 1,095 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I got mine new from Morrisons but there's no online pass code ffs.
    All i got was aflyer for a PESfan thing
  • dsmx 22 Nov 2012 20:54:31 7,685 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You don't need an online pass to play online.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Page

of 41 First / Last