Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Page 37

• Page

of 41 First / Last

• kentmonkey 19 Oct 2012 11:51:03 20,760 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I found out last night that playing Chamakh, rather than Giroud or Podolski, was the better option in the new patched game. Pod had got 9 goals in 8 games (and been on a bad run. His style of play doesn't suit the new patch - it did before the patch). Giroud 7 in 7. Chamakh...11 in 3. He's a monster.
  • robc84 19 Oct 2012 11:52:03 5,795 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I have to say I take back some of my post patch critisicms. Agreed re the through balls, but overall I actually am finding it easier to score and have scored some great goals. Most goals I concede however seem to be because my defenders just watch the ball roll an inch past their foot, or just plain refuse to tackle, which i'm guessing is down to AI scripting!

Overall though, its not actually as bad as I first thought.
  • kentmonkey 19 Oct 2012 11:53:44 20,760 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Stay with me in the 'it's shit' camp, otherwise people will think it's me that's rubbish! :o)
  • dsmx 19 Oct 2012 12:41:18 7,648 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm beginning to think that....what will you give me to stop thinking that your shit at it?

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• kentmonkey 19 Oct 2012 12:42:38 20,760 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    An online game to prove I'm not! :o)
  • robc84 19 Oct 2012 12:52:32 5,795 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    Stay with me in the 'it's shit' camp, otherwise people will think it's me that's rubbish! :o)
    I think its shit that they have made my defenders more retarded. But on the plus side I'm scoring more goals. Konami giveth and Konami taketh away..

/Picks splinters out of his arse from sitting on fence
  • kentmonkey 19 Oct 2012 12:58:05 20,760 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have the complete reverse experience.

I went from a Master League of having pld 12, winning 10 and drawing 2, for 33 against 4 to a ML of having pld 14, winning 8 and drawing 6, for 26 against 16, but with four clean sheets in the last six games. Now that I've got used to a slightly new way of defending, I'm finding it just as easy to keep a clean sheet (which is, essentially, do NOT let them shoot no matter what, as my keeper is a feckless moron) but can't score anywhere near enough anymore. And when I do score it feels forced. Far too many shots are hitting the post or crossbar. I get about 4-5 a game that hit the post or crossbar, especially when using the controlled shot.
  • robc84 19 Oct 2012 14:08:32 5,795 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    What difficulty are you on?

I'm on professional. Maybe that makes a difference.

Maybe Konami's way of making it harder is to make your players worse rather than the opposition better?!
  • kentmonkey 19 Oct 2012 14:45:50 20,760 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I was on Top Level, now I'm on professional, as Top Level after patch was annoying the fuck out of me. In every player's special skills they should have had 'clairvoyant'.
  • robc84 19 Oct 2012 15:23:45 5,795 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Your playing as Arsenal right?

Maybe thats your problem......;-)
  • kentmonkey 19 Oct 2012 15:32:28 20,760 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That thought had crossed my mind! :o)
  • robc84 19 Oct 2012 15:49:22 5,795 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    My 1st season with spurs, knocked out of FA cup Round 2, won Europa league but finished 7th (just).

Maybe this game is realistic after all!
  • Dougs 19 Oct 2012 15:52:31 68,372 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ha, the thing that has annoyed me is that in poncing about with boots etc, I deleted those I'd given to Giroud and now he can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. That left peg of his was proving lethal.

Anyway, not played for a few days and won't now until Wed/Thurs at the earliest. Got the on-laws staying and they sleep in the front room so bang goes my late night PES sessions!
  • robc84 19 Oct 2012 16:29:03 5,795 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Dougs

I feel your pain. Had the same this week! You'll have to watch the X-Factor instead now!

Man that program is painful to watch
  • kentmonkey 19 Oct 2012 16:34:18 20,760 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There will never be a big enough excuse in my life to watch X-Factor. Never. Turgid fake shit. I'd rather sit in the dark and do nothing. Honestly.
  • robc84 19 Oct 2012 16:44:59 5,795 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It makes me so angry. Unfortunately the missus likes to watch it, and I cant watch tv in the bedroom as the baby is asleep in there!

Sometimes I manage to convince her to record it and watch it the next day. At least that way I can fast forward the breaks and all the crap before / after the singing. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to fast forward the crap singing as well!
  • Dougs 19 Oct 2012 23:10:19 68,372 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    X Factor is a guilty pleasure of mine. I know its bollocks and would much rather be watching a film etc but of all the shite progs the missus likes, it's one I can handle.

Now Strictly (the MIL firm fave) on the other hand should be nuked from orbit.

Snuck one game in before cooking dinner. Actually scored from a corner after dragging my CB up. Always a gamble as if you fuck it up, there's a massive gap in your defence! Is there really no way to set up set pieces so at least one CB goes forward? Or have I missed it all this time?
  • Lyserberg 19 Oct 2012 23:20:35 349 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    School, family, fixing my mom's PC... oh man i can't find the least 10 minutes to play PES 2013, that's insane... :(

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• Deleted user 19 October 2012 23:24:33
    @Dougs Under game plan scroll across to set piece settings and there's an option for 'players to join attack' and you can choose the centre halves to go forward there.
  • Nades 19 Oct 2012 23:38:34 1,376 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @LionheartDJH
    Yeah, we'll I'm fucked using these default players,im now in 13th lmao. I'm only on Top Player aswell. I put the passing assist to 1 bar instead of 2 earlier though and it's a bit better, also playing on Pitch Side view! I only have just over 1 million pounds, but at the end of the season I'll pretty much have f*ck all :L.

Oh right, not too much then :/ Just wish the patch involved a classic ML setting and I do see what you mean to be honest, I'm not as annoyed as I was at first with the everyone wearing black boots thing, but still would rather it be done properly.

Liverpool FC
    _______

XbL: Nades x
    PSN: iNaades

• Nades 19 Oct 2012 23:43:16 1,376 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    @Dougs

I feel your pain. Had the same this week! You'll have to watch the X-Factor instead now!

Man that program is painful to watch
    LMFAO! You poor guys hahaha.

Liverpool FC
    _______

XbL: Nades x
    PSN: iNaades

• Dougs 20 Oct 2012 00:41:50 68,372 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    seabass wrote:
    @Dougs Under game plan scroll across to set piece settings and there's an option for 'players to join attack' and you can choose the centre halves to go forward there.
    Hurrah! Cheers. Sure that's in the manual somewhere but it's normally so impenetrable, I haven't looked this year!
  • Slurmseh 20 Oct 2012 00:51:15 2,343 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    finished my second season in the ML. Won everything again. Time to up the difficulty again.

Although there were moments where the AI was blatantly cheating, it was still pretty easy to get goals.

Right now in my game Nuri Sahin is the highest rated player at 102. Beast!
  • LastAngryMan 20 Oct 2012 08:05:09 35 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    I played Shakhtar Donetsk tonight. 24 shots on goal. 21 on target. I won 1-0.

Played QPR next; 19 shots on target (forgot to look at 'on goal'), they had 1 on target. We drew 2-2. I was a bit fucking pissed off about that one.

It's nowhere near as good after the patch. I'm going to bail out and just hope they patch it at some point in the future. Or unpatch it (you can on PS3 but then you can't have the option files).

@kentmonkey I have to agree with this. Noticed it pre and post patch. Seem to dominate every game with the CPU scores on 2 of its 3 counter attacks. Would nice if you had the occasional game where the CPU dominated and you are the one doing counter attacking!

Overall though this game is fun, but not without its flaws.

Edited by LastAngryMan at 08:06:59 20-10-2012
  • THFourteen 20 Oct 2012 09:07:30 33,810 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sorry KM but pretty much every problem you describe - giroud, 24 shots on goal, losing to counterattack, feckless keeper.....You're basically saying it's the most realistic arsenal team ever.
  • Deleted user 20 October 2012 12:02:58
    Dougs wrote:
    seabass wrote:
    Hurrah! Cheers. Sure that's in the manual somewhere but it's normally so impenetrable, I haven't looked this year!
    No probs. Seems weird at least one CB doesn't go forward by default, without changing that setting it feels like there's nobody to aim for at corners!
  • Dougs 20 Oct 2012 16:07:18 68,372 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, hence why I resorted to dragging them up manually. Was sweet when one finally came off though!
  • dsmx 20 Oct 2012 18:50:15 7,648 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lots of stuff you can get your team to do if you delve into the tactics menu deep enough, have a good rummage around you never know what you'll find.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Dougs 20 Oct 2012 22:26:00 68,372 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That's half the problem with PES though, I've always found the options really tough to unpick. My fault for not being persistent, but the menu layout is just awful.
  • Paulie_P 20 Oct 2012 22:32:14 416 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bloody raging with this today. Tried an Online competition for the first time today. The first guy I played against had a bad connection which made the game terrible and resulted in me giving away a goal due to it not reacting to my button presses in time. 2nd game was a 0-0 bore draw. Then in the third game, I was 2-0 up at half time and comfortable. When the 2nd half started, the ball went out of play and the other guy paused the game. I waited for the timer to end then got a message telling me that the qualification section was over so it was ending the game. Fucking rage.
  • Page

of 41 First / Last