Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Page 36

• Page

of 41 First / Last

• dsmx 16 Oct 2012 12:48:22 7,548 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    For thsoe feeling ab it lazy here's what it does:

Konami:
    - includes latest konami data pack (DLC 2.0 - exe patch 1.01)
    - option to install with blur disabled

Leagues:
    - correct leagues names
    - bundesliga replaces fake konami league
    - correct emblems and league patchs
    - complete English nPower 2D teams replace fake teams
    *other choices will be available in later updates:
    (Liga adelante, 2.nd Bundesliga, serie B)
    - correct leagues balls

Teams:
    - added 2 new clubs (available in ML mode)
    (Anzhi Makhachkala, Lokomotive Moscow)
    - correct kits for all teams
    - correct logo
    - correct and updated squads
    - all teams have correct home stadium names
    - most teams have special chants (HQ double channel)
    (same as in smoke patch 2010 and 2011)

Players:
    - revised stats for most players (SMoKE rating system)
    - more than 1000 real faces
    - assigned call names for a lot of players
    - added more than 1000 new players
    - correct personal attributes
    - removed duplicated and fake players

Stadiums:
    - correct names for all stadiums
    - add 20 various stadiums with game stadium editor
    - all teams have correct stadium names
    - new enhanced adboards

Others:
    - added and updated all boots (removed fake konami boots)
    - added and updated all balls (220 balls all available)
    - includes latest kitserver files
    - updated referee kits
    - correct trophies and cups
    - real sponsors with logos
    - new graphics
    - a lot of small enhancements

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Deleted user 16 October 2012 17:02:46
    wow can you get an equivalent of that on 360?
  • dsmx 16 Oct 2012 20:14:26 7,548 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh yeah and it also gets rid of the requirement to have the cd in the drive and as far as I know there isn't an xbox 360 equivalent that changes the game to that level.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Trowel 16 Oct 2012 20:17:36 17,424 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    All it needs is someone seeding the bloody thing... :/
  • dsmx 16 Oct 2012 20:32:01 7,548 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's only just been launched, you can download it piece by piece though.

• kentmonkey 16 Oct 2012 22:23:57 20,413 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I absolutely fucking hate this game since the patch.

What was a fluid, fun game has turned into something more similar to PES 2011.

Passes go astray quite often, and sometimes become very underpowered.
    Players run past the ball and then run back for it.
    They've decided to NERF throughballs to the point that they are now absolutely, totally useless.
    The AI is now a mind reader. What set PES aside from FIFA was the more realistic and prone to error AI. Not now; going to turn left. Yup, he'll know that. Going to do a step over and then turn right...yup, it'll know that too.
    I've had four penalties in the last six games (I've worked out shot faking gets you a penalty in most cases if challenged), all with me through on goal and the guy challenging me from behind. Not one yellow or red card, despite it being a professional foul. Worst still...the keeper has saved every. single. one. Which only leads me to think that I've been very unlucky or that the AI also knows where you're going to stick the pen as well.
    One on ones with keepers result in the keeper stopping it now 9/10, rather than scoring 9/10.

If I'd reviewed it now, it would have scored a lot lower. It's like a totally different game to the one I played just 72 hours ago. Why they decided to fuck about with it I just really don't know. It was great how it was.

World's Largest Golf Clap.

Edited by kentmonkey at 22:24:42 16-10-2012
  • Lyserberg 16 Oct 2012 23:23:52 349 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've finally reinstalled the game, i got the latest patch going on, and the Data Pack installed and i'm planning to resume my ML tomorrow...
    BTW loved what they did on the update, didn't notice that much of changes but the overall effect and feeling of the game is much better, it's exactly the way i want it ! Graphics and framerate are much more stable, make sure you also download the latest drivers if you're on the PC to take full advantage of these minor graphical tweaks.
    They've changed some of the players' boots... i know this is probably not that important to you but i think it's a good thing to be as close as possible to real life football...

And yeah thanks for the info dsmx, but i'm not even intrested in that patch, i think i'll just stick with what the game has to offer...

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• dsmx 17 Oct 2012 00:31:51 7,548 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The patch offers everything the games official patches and data packs offer it just makes everything else better.

• robc84 17 Oct 2012 09:42:28 5,270 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    I absolutely fucking hate this game since the patch.

What was a fluid, fun game has turned into something more similar to PES 2011.

Passes go astray quite often, and sometimes become very underpowered.
    Players run past the ball and then run back for it.
    They've decided to NERF throughballs to the point that they are now absolutely, totally useless.
    The AI is now a mind reader. What set PES aside from FIFA was the more realistic and prone to error AI. Not now; going to turn left. Yup, he'll know that. Going to do a step over and then turn right...yup, it'll know that too.
    I've had four penalties in the last six games (I've worked out shot faking gets you a penalty in most cases if challenged), all with me through on goal and the guy challenging me from behind. Not one yellow or red card, despite it being a professional foul. Worst still...the keeper has saved every. single. one. Which only leads me to think that I've been very unlucky or that the AI also knows where you're going to stick the pen as well.
    One on ones with keepers result in the keeper stopping it now 9/10, rather than scoring 9/10.

If I'd reviewed it now, it would have scored a lot lower. It's like a totally different game to the one I played just 72 hours ago. Why they decided to fuck about with it I just really don't know. It was great how it was.

World's Largest Golf Clap.
    I have to admit, I do kind of agree.

I only played a couple of games on it since the patch, but I just dont get what they have done.

It seems my defenders have turned even more retarded. they just keep running past the ball or letting it run past them. It always happened, but seems much more common now.

Plus the AI seems even more telepathic now. I could usually go through most games with at least 80% pass completion before. One game last night I got 66%. The AI seemed to migically know where all my passes were going. Saying that it was on one of those 'big' games where they up the game speed and try to make the opposition unbeatable.

I'll give it a few more games to fully judge it, but it does seem like they have made some stupid changes!
  • Dougs 17 Oct 2012 13:17:55 66,588 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ha, I am clearly too rubbish at it either way to notice much of a difference. Can you delete a patch from the PS3? Pretty sure you can....wouldn't be able to play online is all. Sure I did it one year when they mucked it up.

Edited by Dougs at 13:19:13 17-10-2012
  • robc84 17 Oct 2012 14:21:21 5,270 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Dougs

I'm pretty rubbish too. I just seem to be more rubbish after the patch! But like I said i've only played a few games and it may have been that the AI decided I was going to lose those games anyway, like it tends to do sometimes!

I'll see how I get on and if I really cant get on with I'll see if I can delete the patch. Never really played football games online anyway. Everytime I play its full of lag and/or the person ends up quitting!
  • Dougs 17 Oct 2012 16:02:16 66,588 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yep. I also get really annoyed when online players constantly try and cover a short GK or try the same thing over and over. Just seems cheap to me, especially when I'm losing 5-0 anyway!
  • Lyserberg 17 Oct 2012 22:30:33 349 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've kinda noticed these AI changes (i wouldn't call them issues...) and i have no idea why most of you hate what the update brought to the table but i thought it was a good thing, i've liked the minor changes they've made, shooting is much more accurate and more "stylish", and the possession tactic works better than before you can actually keep passing the ball between your teammates find an opening and then be head-to-head with the GK, thought i only played like 3 games since i've updated it, when i'll play with it longer i'll probably make up my mind whether it's improved, or it was just an initial feeling that will finally turn out into frustration...

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• teamHAM 18 Oct 2012 10:03:46 2,742 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So still no data pack 2.0 for the 360? poor effort.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Fydria 18 Oct 2012 10:08:11 561 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Top of the league by 3 points with 6 games to go with Fulham, and made it to the Quarters of the Europa League, the dream is on!
  • LionheartDJH 18 Oct 2012 19:45:42 19,359 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fydria wrote:
    Top of the league by 3 points with 6 games to go with Fulham, and made it to the Quarters of the Europa League, the dream is on!
    To go all the way to the final and lose? Then join another mid-table club and get sacked? ;)

She dives for cheese pasties

• megastar 18 Oct 2012 22:46:49 17,132 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The game is broken. Against CPU, 26 shots on goal (19 shots on target), CPU had 2 shots. Finished 2-2! Bollocks
  • kentmonkey 18 Oct 2012 22:55:21 20,413 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I played Shakhtar Donetsk tonight. 24 shots on goal. 21 on target. I won 1-0.

Played QPR next; 19 shots on target (forgot to look at 'on goal'), they had 1 on target. We drew 2-2. I was a bit fucking pissed off about that one.

It's nowhere near as good after the patch. I'm going to bail out and just hope they patch it at some point in the future. Or unpatch it (you can on PS3 but then you can't have the option files).
  • megastar 18 Oct 2012 23:00:36 17,132 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The GK's aren't just World Class, they're Intergafuckinglactic!!!
  • kentmonkey 18 Oct 2012 23:05:35 20,413 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Another thing they appear to have unecessarily buggered about with. They were fine as they were - making the odd mistake but generally reliable whilst having a 50:50 chance of stopping a one on one.

Now they seem to stop 9/10 one on ones.

Apart from my keeper. Who essentially lets anything in. In every game.

It's like all the AI teams have Buffon and I have Almunia.
  • Nades 18 Oct 2012 23:38:51 1,032 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hmmm, I haven't noticed any difference since the patch :S. Is it because I have it on Xbox? I know the DP isn't up yet, but the patch is up....

Liverpool FC

• Nades 18 Oct 2012 23:45:24 1,032 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @kentmonkey
    Yeah, there is some HUGEEEEEE scripting going on in PES. I'm doing a ML with the default players, and concede a goal in the 3rd or 7th minute of the game, almost every game. If I don't, the game will wait till I score, then suddenly the other team decides to turn on I'm gonna be an annoying prick mode and score straight after me! I'm now laying in 13th becuase of this =(.

Liverpool FC

• SilentTristero 19 Oct 2012 00:16:54 291 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If I don't see Data Pack 2 available tomorrow, I'm firing this back off to Lovefilm.

I don't even know if an update is possible on a Friday, but regardless I reckon it's going to be next week. I'm struggling to drum up the motivation to kick off another full season anyway. Not seeing much in the way of changes, the ML I started is identical to 2012's, and it'll take more than new boots to keep me interested.

Since this was one of the games that came instead of X-Com and Dishonored, it was always going to be a downer in comparison.
  • roz123 19 Oct 2012 00:32:00 7,112 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I am finding master league incredibly frustrating this year. My main problems are:
    Passing assistance is unintuitive on every setting and it often doesn't go where I want it (which is where it would on any other football game I have ever played)
    Holding long ball to clear seems to often fall miles short of where I expect.
    They have not got players stats right, PES used to be amazing for making players feel similar to their real life counter parts whilst many famous players do a lot of others don't.
    CPU AI is fantastic but your teammates are dumb as shit, defensively and when making forward runs. Playing a bit of the be a pro mode (which is dull) your teammates often just run in a straight line right into your opponent and it looks ridiculous.
    I have quite enjoyed the last three PES games but this one just isn't fun, even when scoring from really long shots it just doesn't feel right. I think I am going to go with football manager this year
  • kentmonkey 19 Oct 2012 09:03:53 20,413 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    I am finding master league incredibly frustrating this year. My main problems are:
    Passing assistance is unintuitive on every setting and it often doesn't go where I want it (which is where it would on any other football game I have ever played)
    Before the patch I had it set on 1. Now I have it set on 2. 2 appears to be the same as 1 was before, and has made it slightly more playable again.

Holding long ball to clear seems to often fall miles short of where I expect.
    Just press shoot to clear. Don't even bother holding long ball. Shoot gives it a nice full whack and if you've got passing assist set to 2, when you hold it up the pitch (either straight or diagonally) it does sort of aim it at whatever player is closest to that position. It's not perfect, but it's safer than holding the long ball button, which takes an age, they have to get it under control before they will actually kick it (which annoys the fuck out of me) and, sometimes, the dopey pillock will trip, store up your button press and slide tackle the fuck out of the attacker in the penalty area.

They have not got players stats right, PES used to be amazing for making players feel similar to their real life counter parts whilst many famous players do a lot of others don't.
    Quite. I think it's Whitehead and Norwich that has got ridiculously high stats. And Pennant. Other really good players just aren't good enough. The stats really are shit this year. As are the player ratings at the end of the game. 'Oh, so your striker scored four and set up two goals. That's a 6.5 then'. Plus the form is annoying the shit out of me. I can't field the same side in consecutive games as someone like Podolski will go from an orange arrow, having scored four, winning the game 6-1, to a downward purple the next game while Ramsey in midfield who had a shitter and couldn't do anything useful (so not all unrealistic) is on a red arrow. And if you don't sub a striker out with a purple or blue arrow, they can't hit shit on target.

CPU AI is fantastic but your teammates are dumb as shit, defensively and when making forward runs. Playing a bit of the be a pro mode (which is dull) your teammates often just run in a straight line right into your opponent and it looks ridiculous.

Triggering runs is the same. The dopey shits will just run into the defender, stumble backwards, run into the defender, stumble, and then run backwards. Grrrr (I never noticed this before the patch, despite playing it for somewhere near 40 hours. Five hours after the patch, this and some of the other items mentioned in my previous post, have been frequent or every game).
  • Dougs 19 Oct 2012 11:38:00 66,588 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You should be able to delete it and use an older OF though. Might not be perfect but will have most of the big things OFs change. I might give it a whirl just to see, I've not noticed such huge differences other than through ball has been toned down a touch. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing imo.
  • Page

of 41 First / Last