What are your plans for NYE?

  • Page

    of 2 First / Last

    Previous
  • Tiitiz 17 Dec 2004 14:32:54 1,128 posts
    Registered 12 years ago
    well... tell me

    I've just booked a hotel for 2 nights in Bournemouth and 2 tickets for Slinky @ the Opera House.

    My favourite nightclub in all of England :)
  • Hicksy 17 Dec 2004 14:34:53 2,594 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    good man!

    The Opera House is an awesome night out :D
  • Blerk Moderator 17 Dec 2004 14:35:56 48,225 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Stay in, watch a vid, maybe play a game or two if the missus goes to bed, turn in well before the 'festivities'.
  • Madder-Max 17 Dec 2004 14:36:17 11,656 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    See the new year in with partner and 8 month old daughter and some sort of weed based sesh on New years day night methinks....

    (Not with baby obviously!) Probably with partner. Its been nearly 2 years since we have been able have a sesh with each other for as whole night....

    Edited by Madder Max at 14:37:24 17-12-2004

    99 problems and being ginger is one

  • Stevas-mkII 17 Dec 2004 14:36:55 3,848 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I don't do new year. Seriously, I'm usually too ill from xmas. Can't we all arrange to do new year in, I dunno, about february or something?
  • Nasty 17 Dec 2004 14:37:59 4,747 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    In my house with a handful of friends, making cocktails, passing on drinking own cocktail creations, drinking beer, eating my own body weight in dry roasted nuts and twiglets, playing twister with wife's fit mates.

    \o/
  • Deleted user 17 December 2004 14:45:52
    We are invited to some friends' house, they bought it two months ago. It's outside the city in a nice area. Oh, and a bit of meaningless trivia: they are neighbours with Agneta from Abba! \o/
  • Mike_Hunt 17 Dec 2004 14:47:06 23,514 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    House party up in Newcastle. It's an Indian theme night, curry, fancy dress, the lot.

    I'll be going dress as a Red Indian though, full feather head-dress the lot... well, no one told me which kind of Indian theme it is.

    [MH]
  • Stevas-mkII 17 Dec 2004 14:48:46 3,848 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mike_Hunt wrote:
    House party up in Newcastle. It's an Indian theme night, curry, fancy dress, the lot.

    I'll be going dress as a Red Indian though, full feather head-dress the lot... well, no one told me which kind of Indian theme it is.

    [MH]

    Remember: it's cold up here.

    Bring a T shirt.
  • Shivoa 17 Dec 2004 14:57:32 5,677 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    large house, friends, beer. Nothing is organised yet but I assure that'll all just fall into place as the date arrives. It usually does.
  • GamingArena 17 Dec 2004 15:10:14 90 posts
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think ill it will be at the local.
    Newcastle just isn't worth all the hassel. 1/2 waiting to get served. Then when you get back with your mates you only have 1/4 of a pint as the rest is all over your new knitted top!!

    Plus im at the match on New Years Day so there is another day on the lash!!
  • Jetset_UK 17 Dec 2004 15:12:18 3,565 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Down the local, as it stays open till everyone goes home. Plus all the clubs are 25 quid plus, which eats into the ol' nose candy budget.

  • pjmaybe 17 Dec 2004 15:14:31 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    No plans. Aside from trying to find somewhere peaceful and quiet (fat chance) away from the binge-drinkers and people who seem to think that a new year arriving must mean that you have to go out and get brain damaged...

    Peej
  • Freylis 17 Dec 2004 15:18:04 995 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Party round at me mam and dad's - awwww. :)

    Haven't spent new year with them for about 5 years, so I figured we'd do some family activities for a change. Best thing is they only live about 15 minutes walk from our house, so no rip off taxi. Result! :)

    New year's day will be spent nursing a sore head I'd imagine, but I'm up early to cook my fiancee and her sister (who's staying over) a nice hang-over cure special - full fried breaky, all the trimmings... mmmmmm! \0/

    Except she's a veggie, so I'll have to get in some Quorn sausages or something.

    Or I could be really evil and tempt her with the vegetarian's worst nightmare - bacon! Depends how much she's had to drink the night before I guess... could always pretend it's Quorn...

    /laughs maniacally
  • Shivoa 17 Dec 2004 15:18:22 5,677 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    > away from the binge-drinkers and people who seem to think that a new year arriving must mean that you have to go out and get brain damaged

    So, moving out of Oxfordshire then?
  • Machiavel 17 Dec 2004 15:22:31 5,964 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Stevas mkII wrote:
    I don't do new year. Seriously, I'm usually too ill from xmas. Can't we all arrange to do new year in, I dunno, about february or something?

    That'd be the Chinese New Year then, and yes - it's booked!

    /prepares to wade through dumplings and dodgy fireworks
  • Mr_Sleep 17 Dec 2004 15:22:56 17,074 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ice Skating in Kew with my girlfriend since it's out anniversary.

    (hears the sound of horping everywhere)

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • phAge 17 Dec 2004 15:24:08 24,371 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Small, private party with girlf and a couple of friends. Assuming I survive the behemoth fireworks-experiment we´re currently constructing.
  • RubyRed 17 Dec 2004 15:25:37 4,303 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think I've voiced my opinion on this matter already.
  • Stevas-mkII 17 Dec 2004 15:25:46 3,848 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So I need to turn chinese, then. Cool.

    I'll start right away.
  • pistol 17 Dec 2004 15:29:03 13,019 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    House party (joint New Years/Birthday as it's the wife's birthday on NYD)

    Edited by pistol at 15:29:20 17-12-2004
  • Madder-Max 17 Dec 2004 15:31:46 11,656 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Jetset_UK wrote:
    Down the local, as it stays open till everyone goes home. Plus all the clubs are 25 quid plus, which eats into the ol' nose candy budget.


    /tuts...

    99 problems and being ginger is one

  • Mr_Sleep 17 Dec 2004 15:34:01 17,074 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Madder Max wrote:
    Jetset_UK wrote:
    Down the local, as it stays open till everyone goes home. Plus all the clubs are 25 quid plus, which eats into the ol' nose candy budget.


    /tuts...
    I'm sure he means sherbet...

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • pjmaybe 17 Dec 2004 15:34:34 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Same here, the whole walrus penis thing, Rubes...

    Peej
  • Mike_Hunt 17 Dec 2004 15:35:01 23,514 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Stevas mkII wrote:
    Mike_Hunt wrote:
    House party up in Newcastle. It's an Indian theme night, curry, fancy dress, the lot.

    I'll be going dress as a Red Indian though, full feather head-dress the lot... well, no one told me which kind of Indian theme it is.

    [MH]

    Remember: it's cold up here.

    Bring a T shirt.
    That's why I'm going, last year you had snow, and I don't want to miss out!

    That and the fact that it *is* cold and the ladies hardly wear *anything*!

    [MH]
  • Madder-Max 17 Dec 2004 15:35:21 11,656 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mr Sleep wrote:
    Madder Max wrote:
    Jetset_UK wrote:
    Down the local, as it stays open till everyone goes home. Plus all the clubs are 25 quid plus, which eats into the ol' nose candy budget.


    /tuts...
    I'm sure he means sherbet...

    /Tuts again. I dunno. Kids these days. You'll end up all paranoid and talking the same repetitive shite...

    /is glad of stopping that lil' habit 9 years ado...

    99 problems and being ginger is one

  • ERG1008 17 Dec 2004 15:36:47 656 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I shall will be in Bass Mercenary mode playing a posh do in Prestbury for lots of posh drunkards.
    Bit gutted because I wanted to go out with Mrs.1008 but I suppose it's more money innit?
  • Mr_Sleep 17 Dec 2004 15:37:54 17,074 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Madder Max wrote:
    /Tuts again. I dunno. Kids these days. You'll end up all paranoid and talking the same repetitive shite...

    /is glad of stopping that lil' habit 9 years ado...
    You snorted sherbet?

    (did actually do it once in Chemistry class for some weird reason)

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • RubyRed 17 Dec 2004 15:39:54 4,303 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mike_Hunt wrote:
    That and the fact that it *is* cold and the ladies hardly wear *anything*!

    [MH]
    There'll be plenty of eyes being poked out then.
  • Madder-Max 17 Dec 2004 15:42:16 11,656 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mr Sleep wrote:
    Madder Max wrote:
    /Tuts again. I dunno. Kids these days. You'll end up all paranoid and talking the same repetitive shite...

    /is glad of stopping that lil' habit 9 years ado...
    You snorted sherbet?

    (did actually do it once in Chemistry class for some weird reason)

    Actually I did.. we were on a boys weekend bender (nothing gay!)and we ran out of glucose powder. Actually had some sherbert in the house for some really weird reason....

    Mind you. One weekend we resorted to lemsip powder which made the nights festivities rather 'lemony'.

    Edited by Madder Max at 15:43:39 17-12-2004

    99 problems and being ginger is one

  • Page

    of 2 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply