Ocado

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • wobbly_Bob 21 Apr 2012 20:09:24 1,436 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Any one else shop with them and feel that they are rapidly sliding down hill? It used to be I couldn't sing their praises high enough. Once I could never dream for a moment that I would shop some other place but now I'm ready to jump ship.

I think it's really been in the last 6 months: off meat, old veg, items missing, items not in stock but no replacement sent. Despite what Ocado may try to claim they are expensive, I pay a premium and expect a premium service. If not then I may just as well shop some other place if I get the same problems but lower prices.
  • PatrickEwing 21 Apr 2012 20:13:46 2,088 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've Benin thinking the same thing recently, I still use them but I am thinking of changing, last order I didn't even bother ordering any veg or meat, just stuff that you know there's no risk with (apart from price!). Think I'll just use deliveries for heavy store cupboard type stuff and go to local butcher and grocer for fresh stuff.
  • wobbly_Bob 23 Apr 2012 08:21:48 1,436 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I got to the same point. I'm going to give asda online ago... May god have mercy on my soul lol
  • mrpon 23 Apr 2012 09:16:50 27,645 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tesco are good atm. They'll text you and tell you when the delivery will be coming.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Lexx87 23 Apr 2012 09:18:14 20,869 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Every little helps!

Speak the truth hussy!

• mrpon 23 Apr 2012 09:20:55 27,645 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    :)

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• wobbler147 23 Apr 2012 09:23:32 5,123 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ocado have been on the slide since Waitrose decided to go it alone on the delivery business, they no longer have exclusivity on certain areas so more people are using Waitrose direct.
  • localnotail 23 Apr 2012 09:44:28 23,093 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I rotate between companies. If you make them wait long enough between deliveries, they send you 10 off vouchers to try to win you back.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• simplerotation 23 Apr 2012 11:46:10 332 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I feel the same way about Ocado, particularly their veg, it's gone from great to often old and a bit rubbish, meat seems to go off in 24 hours. I used to be their biggest fan.

I can't get Waitrose direct, so might try switching to a veg and meat box service and top up from local Tescos.
  • wobbly_Bob 23 Apr 2012 23:49:39 1,436 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hmmmm maybe a meat + veg box would be tyre way to go. Any suggestions? :) I could top up at lidel for household stuff.
  • simplerotation 24 Apr 2012 15:15:36 332 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    Hmmmm maybe a meat + veg box would be tyre way to go. Any suggestions? :) I could top up at lidel for household stuff.
    I'm probably going to do *snigger* wellhungmeat company and Abel & cole, which I've both done before but never consistently month on month.
  • simplerotation 24 Apr 2012 15:15:41 332 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted
  • El_MUERkO 24 Apr 2012 15:29:05 16,832 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    We've ordered from both Waitrose and Ocado, I've found both suffer from stock availability issues, other than that I've found them equally professional. I'd like to know about missing items sooner though.
  • wobbly_Bob 24 Apr 2012 15:37:23 1,436 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    simplerotation wrote:
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    I'm probably going to do *snigger* wellhungmeat company and Abel & cole, which I've both done before but never consistently month on month.
    Thanks for the suggestions! Well hung meat lol I haven't heard of, but able and cole I do know. I would LOVE to shop with them. They seem perfect for my needs BUT since me and my OH both work and the delivery is tuesday 6am till 1pm or nothing it makes it impossible to shop with them. It seems really stupid.

I even called them up ( very nice people ) since it says on their website they can always find a way to deliver to you... And no you can't.

Do you know neighbours well enough to leave it with them? No.
    Do you own a garage? No.
    Bushes or trees? Err no.
    They offered to leave it out outside! It will be fine! Look, I live on an estate in SE London and it wil not be fine.

Silly, I would love to shop with them. I even suggested leaving a spare key with them. Ooooooh no we can't do that. And why? In case something got stolen. Yeah but it's me taking the risk... Ooh no cant. Well ok then you loose my business.

Shame. I will have a look at the meat thing. Ideally I want splendidly like able and cole that deliver most of what I need in one hit.

Edited by wobbly_Bob at 15:40:47 24-04-2012
  • wobbly_Bob 24 Apr 2012 15:39:01 1,436 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    hello_fi wrote:
    Top Tip: For an alternative to Ocado try getting off your fat arse and going to the shops yourself.
    Tip tip: instead of being an idiot on the internet grow up and get a life!
  • disusedgenius 24 Apr 2012 15:42:26 5,140 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    simplerotation wrote:
    I'm probably going to do *snigger* wellhungmeat company.
    I gave them a go for a while: not bad but not really the best value or variety. If you can I'd recommend just going to a decent local butchers once a month a buying a large stack of meat to stick in the freezer. Their stuff was good, but the lack of game or other 'interesting' cuts was a bit of a down point for me.

Edited by disusedgenius at 15:43:17 24-04-2012
  • simplerotation 24 Apr 2012 16:19:00 332 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    disusedgenius wrote:
    simplerotation wrote:
    I gave them a go for a while: not bad but not really the best value or variety. If you can I'd recommend just going to a decent local butchers once a month a buying a large stack of meat to stick in the freezer. Their stuff was good, but the lack of game or other 'interesting' cuts was a bit of a down point for me.
    There's literally no decent butcher around me, which is really frustrating, I could go into Chiswick but only on the weekend...is there a butcher which isn't ridiculous in Soho? I wouldn't mind going in my lunch hour once or twice a week.
  • wobbly_Bob 24 Apr 2012 16:24:23 1,436 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's something I would do but I dont have a car so that makes it really difficult. The nearest butcher to me is really far by train. It just makes it impractical especially in the summer when meat would go off. And I might be being a food snob... But around here I doubt quietly will apply. People want cheap good in this country not good good :(

There is a local-ish farmers market but again in the summer would be a problem. Snd plus farmers market is quite up market and pricey. Its ok for an occasional treat bit I couldn't afford to shop there all the time.

I got excited for a bit after I found riverford but, alas, same as able and cole. They all seem similar in the way they deliver.

Edited by wobbly_Bob at 16:27:00 24-04-2012
  • wobbly_Bob 24 Apr 2012 16:31:05 1,436 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    simplerotation wrote:
    disusedgenius wrote:
    simplerotation wrote:
    There's literally no decent butcher around me, which is really frustrating, I could go into Chiswick but only on the weekend...is there a butcher which isn't ridiculous in Soho? I wouldn't mind going in my lunch hour once or twice a week.
    All the butchers and fruit greengrocers have shut down. It's a real shame. The british public voted for dirt cheap all piled high under one roof and so this is what we get. No decent food, community, interaction, only plastic food in a big white over lit warehouse. :(
  • disusedgenius 24 Apr 2012 16:35:42 5,140 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    simplerotation wrote:
    I could go into Chiswick but only on the weekend...
    Go to the one down the road from Turnham Green station. Just one time on the weekend every month and take away a full bag, you know it makes sense. :)

Edit: The Waitrose in John Lewis on Oxford Street might be worth a look...

Edited by disusedgenius at 16:37:13 24-04-2012
  • TheSaint 24 Apr 2012 16:43:23 13,629 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If you live in London then surely Wholefoods is the way to go.

Edited by TheSaint at 16:44:04 24-04-2012
  • disusedgenius 24 Apr 2012 16:46:17 5,140 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The one in Soho doesn't do meat (I'm pretty sure), though they're moving to a difference store in the new development by Picadilly so maybe. Personally I wasn't that impressed when I've popped in though, but that could well be that particular store.
  • wobbly_Bob 25 Apr 2012 00:24:48 1,436 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well after MUCH searching I found a video game related good site, foodari. Ok not video game related at all :)

They sound pretty good: local kent produce fresh from the farm. Just thre kind of thing I'm looking for im tired of of food thats been sitting in a warehouse for weeks or worse flown half way around the world. They also do a few other bits and bobs. What they dont do I can stock up with in lidel. And they have a saturday delivery to london! HARD to find.

I placed an order with them and will report back if they are any good... Fingers crossed and bye bye ocado if they are.

Website for the curious :) Foodari
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next