God Of War: Ascension Page 3

• Page

of 11 First / Last

• gooner77 27 Feb 2013 21:44:58 729 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    hmm it seems good but also like previous Gow games. It doesn't seem to have moved on much from Gow3.

Will keep the preorder unless reviews are bad ( which is unlikely)
  • Triggerhappytel 27 Feb 2013 22:29:49 2,667 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just played it. Fucking awesome. Presentation is amazing, might just be the best looking and best sounding game this gen. Gameplay is really just the same old; if you don't like GoW this will do nothing to convince you otherwise, but it seems like fans should love it. There was only one part of the demo I didn't enjoy, where you're in a room being rotated and enemies are dropping down, and the camera is reall pulled out to emphasise the scale of the scene. It felt to me like the were sacrificing the gameplay to show off the scale and scenery. Other than that though it was marvellous, and incredibly impressive. I'm already excited just thinking about what Santa Monica could do with even more powerful hardware.
  • Nitrous 27 Feb 2013 22:36:56 335 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    gooner77 wrote:
    hmm it seems good but also like previous Gow games. It doesn't seem to have moved on much from Gow3.
    I agree, they have changed the buttons around a bit but other than that eveything else is still the same which might not be such a bad thing but when the demo ended it didnt make me feel the need to pre order it.
  • King_Edward 28 Feb 2013 20:18:50 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ha, Greek is a nice touch.
  • Triggerhappytel 28 Feb 2013 20:38:05 2,667 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So, anyone know the cheapest place to pre-order? I haven't properly pre-ordered in ages. Shopto still the ones to beat?
  • Humperfunk 28 Feb 2013 20:56:44 1,930 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Shopto aren't really that cheap anymore but I guess not really exactly more expensive than anyone else I can think of, and still superb service.

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• cubbymoore 28 Feb 2013 21:07:58 36,468 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SMASH SMASH SMASH.

I got through one bit of the demo by not even looking at the screen as I saw my laptop needed to update something. Not a massive amount of skill needed is there?
  • Progguitarist 28 Feb 2013 21:35:50 10,400 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Its a tutorial I suppose but yeah, it was quite easy.
  • Big-Boss 1 Mar 2013 00:01:51 11 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The demo looked SUPERB, but after finishing all five God of War games I'm kind of burnt out on the franchise. There's some serious fatigue trickling in now and they need to give it a break or better, just end the franchise and move on. I got the same feeling when I played Uncharted on the PSV and Halo on the 360. These "AAA" sequels are coming too thick and fast and it's starting to get ridiculous. The same goes for the Assassin's Creed franchise. I was drained by the time Revelations hit and after playing four sequences in AC3 I cannot be bothered with it.

I trust Sony to deliver some new and interesting IPs on the PS4 though. I'm sure we'll see yet more sequels to strong brand names but Sony push new IP more than any other console manufacturer in my opinion. Here's hoping E3 brings back some of the magic from the PS1 and PS2 days.
  • Triggerhappytel 1 Mar 2013 02:03:04 2,667 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just had a quick look around my usual sites, and it looks like Shopto is more or less the cheapest. Fair rough, I'll put my pre-order in with them.
  • Ultrasoundwave 1 Mar 2013 08:41:30 3,264 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Big-Boss wrote:
    The demo looked SUPERB, but after finishing all five God of War games I'm kind of burnt out on the franchise. There's some serious fatigue trickling in now and they need to give it a break or better, just end the franchise and move on. I got the same feeling when I played Uncharted on the PSV and Halo on the 360. These "AAA" sequels are coming too thick and fast and it's starting to get ridiculous. The same goes for the Assassin's Creed franchise. I was drained by the time Revelations hit and after playing four sequences in AC3 I cannot be bothered with it.
    Can definitely relate to this : ACIII, Crysis 3, Dead Space 3 and Hitman Absolution have all gone on the backburner for me recently, mainly because i feel like i've played the same game hundreds of times before - i didnt even finish AC Revelations, i just got bored.

I tried the demo for this last night and it does look spectacular, this game will easily have some of the best visuals this gen. The epic story is there, the big set pieces are there, the visceral combat is there.......but i've seen it all before.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Trent_Steel 1 Mar 2013 13:27:46 125 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The roar / growl that big recurring hand monster thing made was my favourite part. It was an awesome enemy overall.

Otherwise, I'm not so sure. They're running out of Greek mythology characters to use and so the enemies are getting more obscure and fantastical. Feels like they're running out of ideas.
  • Progguitarist 1 Mar 2013 15:42:02 10,400 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Preordered today. Hope it's as good as 3!
  • King_Edward 1 Mar 2013 16:04:03 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I hope it's better.
  • Triggerhappytel 1 Mar 2013 16:18:43 2,667 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Trent_Steel wrote:
    Otherwise, I'm not so sure. They're running out of Greek mythology characters to use and so the enemies are getting more obscure and fantastical. Feels like they're running out of ideas.
    Yeah, I thought that during the first gameplay trailer, when Kratos fought a elephant headed dude who looked more like something from Indian mythology.

Although now he's fought and killed: all Greek gods, the titans, the God of death and the sisters of fate, and this time it's the Furies he's got it in for. You have to wonder how many more autonomous authorities there are left to fight?
  • fletch7100 7 Mar 2013 21:13:51 6,944 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Reviews are up

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/god-of-war-ascension
  • Triggerhappytel 7 Mar 2013 21:23:44 2,667 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    As expected really; it seems a few folk are beginning to tire of the same gameplay each time. I'm still getting it though, I actually think that first thing I'll do is fire up the TLoU demo.
  • King_Edward 7 Mar 2013 21:31:31 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Prequels are risky business. Especially with something that relies on ever increasing spectacle.
  • Ultrasoundwave 8 Mar 2013 08:32:50 3,264 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Reviews are a tad disappointing to be honest.

Saying that, i kind of guessed as much after the demo.

There was nothing wrong with it : it looked amazing, easily some of the best graphics ive ever seen. Classic GOW gameplay and some decent puzzles.

But, nothing new. Same old same old. Which is what a lot of the reviews pick up on.

Think ill pick it up when its a bit cheaper.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• addyb 10 Mar 2013 08:41:11 1,020 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've yet to play any of this series. Got this on my lovefilm list so i guess with it being a prequel its a good place to start.
  • Scurrminator 10 Mar 2013 08:57:29 8,379 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not really as they aren't films. New additions and refinements to the controls will be 'removed' as you go back if you start with the latest title

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• nickthegun 10 Mar 2013 09:11:25 58,784 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    As much as I like GoW, theres nothing ive seen so far to make me reconsider my 'fuck prequels' stance.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• addyb 10 Mar 2013 09:15:52 1,020 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What i meant was as I've never played any before i have no idea about controls and how it plays. I'll just rent it from LOVEFiLM and if i enjoy it i might try some of the others out.
  • nickthegun 10 Mar 2013 09:22:28 58,784 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If youre on PS+ GoW HD is free atm (at least it was). Thats the best place to start as, frankly, its the best one out of all of them.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• MrE26 10 Mar 2013 09:23:38 1,919 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The demo is more of the same, but i play through the previous 3 once a year & never get bored with them so i'll bite on this. How are Simply Games for pre-orders? They were the cheapest i could find.
  • addyb 10 Mar 2013 09:32:34 1,020 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    If youre on PS+ GoW HD is free atm (at least it was). Thats the best place to start as, frankly, its the best one out of all of them.
    Yeah i have GOW HD via PS+ I've just finished my tomb raider play through and in the middle of kill zone 3 campaign so will get that done and then decide.
  • gooner77 10 Mar 2013 09:43:10 729 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    cancelled my preorder, the less than stellar reviews and the fact that Gears of War Judgement is out a week later made it an easy decision .

The Last of us demo not being activated until late May is a bit of a pisstake too

will buy GOWA when it hits the 20 club
  • Page

of 11 First / Last