Lost Planet 3

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Ultrasoundwave 17 Apr 2012 13:31:32 3,278 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So, the third game is on the way with a new developer.

I loved the first game, i thought it was very well made with excellent graphics. The second game wasnt too bad but was lacking in a lot of areas.

Im quite curious how the developer who made Turning Point : Fall of Liberty and Legendary got this gig, but it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• StarchildHypocrethes 17 Apr 2012 13:40:57 25,525 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    With a CV like that they surely can't fail.
  • oldschoolsoviet 17 Apr 2012 14:01:46 5,459 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No pirates, no mechs, no fun, no thanks.

Playing LP2 at the weekend with pinebear reminded me how silly it can be, especially when I unlocked a confetti firing shotgun. Just that level of ridiculousness that hits the spot. Wait until he sees the railway stage.......

Yet another example of a 'quirky' Japanese franchise being destroyed to increase sales, losing fans in the process, and ultimately failing to deliver anything bar blandness. In my mind, it's now become the equivalent of Holywood remaking foreign language films, because they're too 'arty', and ruining the whole concept.
  • mrharvest 17 Apr 2012 14:03:31 5,194 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Loved the first; was lukewarm towards the second; will probably buy the third.

It seems like the second game tried to reinvent the wheel but it was reinventing all the wrong bits. I don't want to play a fake multiplayer single player campaign, it just doesn't work. Instead of having it all split into levels they should have made it free-roaming and persistent. It could have been a true classic. The engine can cope with free-roaming too, as proven by Dragon's Dogma.
  • Ultrasoundwave 17 Apr 2012 14:29:05 3,278 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    With a CV like that they surely can't fail.
    According to Capcom, they have passion and ability.

Y'know, the same way Andy Carroll has passion and ability......

Edited by Ultrasoundwave at 14:29:25 17-04-2012

• fletch7100 23 May 2012 16:27:28 7,158 posts
    Seen 14 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/debut-gameplay-lost-planet/730391

More footage
  • fletch7100 23 May 2012 16:32:08 7,158 posts
    Seen 14 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Ultrasoundwave 24 May 2012 13:43:54 3,278 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gameplay video

Looks........good! :confused:

• L_Franko Moderator 24 May 2012 14:00:13 9,694 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Brilliant, another game that is being turned into a QTE mess.
    I watched those vids without sound but I hope the mech views aren't all in first person.
  • Ultrasoundwave 7 Jun 2012 15:06:42 3,278 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The E3 demo for Lost Planet 3 :

Not sure what to think really - im going to stick with "Its got to be better than the 2nd one"

• L_Franko Moderator 7 Jun 2012 15:42:18 9,694 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I liked the second game it was good in co-op but the first game was brilliant.

I'm rather worried for this new one and I hate the idea of the one massive mech you walk around in (in first person view - lame!) that repairs itself when you get out. One of the great things about the last two was the variety for mechs you could jump in and when you run out of ammo for the weapons you could jump out and attach new ones if you found a weapons stash. I fear all that is gone.
  • mrharvest 26 Nov 2012 20:10:19 5,194 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I happened to read the old CVG write-up:
    It's also a massive change in direction, dumping Lost Planet 2's co-op focused and grind-heavy campaign for a story-driven adventure in colossal open hubs where you'll talk to NPCs, uncover side quests, upgrade your gear, and build your own bipedal mech Rig from custom parts you'll unlock over the course of the campaign.
    Around the base Jim can talk with NPCs, accept side quests, upgrade his Rig and equipment using T-ENG - a commodity rather than a health resource in Lost Planet 3 - and buy new weapons
    And this rather excites me. It's pretty much what I wanted.
  • Ultrasoundwave 7 Mar 2013 09:45:08 3,278 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So, we got the release date and trailer yesterday :

Only little snippets of gameplay, but it looks mental. Hopefully its more like the excellent first game rather than the sequel.....

• King_Edward 7 Mar 2013 09:50:07 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Considering how wrong I was about both Tomb Raider and DmC, I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut this time.
  • L_Franko Moderator 7 Mar 2013 10:02:10 9,694 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't think this is going to be anywhere near as good as the first one. I have a feeling there will be even less mechs than the second one and don't you only get to use one mech (the one in that vid) throughout the single player but just upgrade it as the story goes on? If so that would be lame.
    Just have a feeling this will be another Deap Space 3 but I will keep my fingers crossed that I'm wrong about all this.
  • Ultrasoundwave 25 Apr 2013 09:56:32 3,278 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've got to say, Capcom coming out and saying they gave this job to Spark because "a good developer wouldnt want it" is hilarious.

• Page

of 1

Previous Next