Did like the Jurassic Park style achievement
  • Vortex808 8 Mar 2013 14:53:43 7,142 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    @Vortex808

...you cheveo whore ;)
    :)

Guilty as charged m'lud, but only if I can be arsed and the game feels worth it. Nuts to grinding for stuff.
  • Deleted user 30 June 2013 23:38:26
    Just got this and fuck me is it frustrating. Only played the first, which I loved, on the PC. Not touched the second (PC wouldn't play it) and picked this up on the 360. I'm finding the instant my cloak goes I get shot at straight away. Guards can see me through everything apparently. I appreciate this is me just being rubbish at it but I don't remember the first being this frustrating. Maybe it is partly because it doesn't feel as tight with the 360 pad as it did with M&KB.

Any tips for rubbish players?
  • Barrel_Trollz 1 Jul 2013 05:18:43 191 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @mowgli
    Yeah, I've got a few.
    1: Use only walls for cover, and don't depend on foliage. Even C2 had foliage cover for stealth, which bizzarely was removed from C3. They can spot you from almost any distance.
    2: Make a reflex of slamming the Armor button when you go into a firefight. Helps a ton.
    2.5 (Edit): Make a habit of marking your enemies. you can see them through walls in your visor from the get go!
    3: You can use the bow on short draw and it'll kill anything in one shot still
    4: Never fire whilst cloaked without an un suppressed weapon
    5: The Grendel is your lord and savior
    6: In all honesty..put the game down if you aren't having fun. Looking for a sandbox stealth game? Deus Ex Human Revolution. A sandbox shooter? Far Cry 3. On Rails absurd action? Vanquish
    A better Crysis game? Crysis 2.

Edited by Barrel_Trollz at 05:23:34 01-07-2013
  • Tuffty 1 Jul 2013 09:12:52 1,586 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Don't get too hung up on stealth, I replayed the first section constantly trying to get by without being spotted and trying to take all the guards out stealthily but there's no point beating yourself up over it. There's no incentive or reward for completing sections stealthily. Guards spot you if you're not cloaked from any distance which is, I guess, more accurate to reality but it doesn't make for a good game where stealth is a key component of playing.

I think each combat scenario should be treated as using a variety of all your moves. You use stealth to approach and take out as many guards as possible but if you get spotted, just go all guns blazing, you're more than capable. What breaks the game is that you can be spotted, hide behind some cover for your energy to replenish, activate stealth again and because the enemy AI is dumb enough to approach you trying to find you, you can sneak around and stealth kill. It works for all enemies, all the time.

For me, I largely play Crysis 3 for the multiplayer.
  • Maturin 1 Jul 2013 10:30:56 2,995 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I view stealth in C3 as a way of getting in the best position before getting into a big firefight. So I start quiet in an area before going noisy when I'm ready.

Use your visor to mark targets. Also use it after you've used your bow to mark where the arrows are to pick up.
  • Page

of 12 First / Last

Next