Supermarket food review Page 4

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Next
  • DaM 25 Jun 2012 21:31:22 13,529 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    I need a new washer and tumbler boo, any chance of slipping ovetsome staff discount on a pair of Bosch or Mieles?
    I reckon you could split the difference, a wee earner for both of you :)
  • boo 25 Jun 2012 21:57:58 11,936 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They keep a track of what we claim discount on, and if anything looks fishy, you get investigated.
    And discount abuse is instant dismissal.

I know some companies le you claim for family & friends, or give you a set amount of discount to use as you like over the year, but not JLP.

You claim for something you shouldn't, and you're history.

Just Another Lego Blog

• Lynn-bo 26 Oct 2012 18:33:46 1 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Fatiguez How rude just joined and being put off already by people like you.
  • smugla 26 Oct 2012 18:53:48 2,134 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sainsbury's butter chicken 3.80

Have this once a week with chipps and salad if you like a mild rich curry with lots of chicken you cant go wrong 8.5/10

charlie binghams Meatballs al FornoHandmade pork and beef meatballs with fresh fusilli grande pasta in our rich tomato sauce, topped with Italian mozzarella

verry tasty dish but is expensive 6 bought it when it was on offer for 4 and loved it but has way to much garlic in it but verry filling and has a unusual type of spiral pasta in it the only thing is not to over cook it 7/10

Edited by smugla at 18:54:33 26-10-2012
  • Maturin 26 Oct 2012 19:15:27 3,231 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Waitrose Indian ready meals are fantastic. The beef masala is particularly nice.
  • PhoenixFlames 26 Oct 2012 19:50:50 9,229 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @smugla salad with curry?

PSN - phoenix1flames

• Fatiguez 26 Oct 2012 19:52:32 8,762 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What the fuck was that bump about, I haven't posted anything in here other than praise for Lidl's sweets

show me your tits u bitch from ubisoft

• Deleted user 26 October 2012 21:04:51
    Fatiguez wrote:
    praise for Lidl's sweets
    You monster.
  • jonsaan 26 Oct 2012 21:22:31 25,440 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    @smugla salad with curry?
    And chips for that matter?

Chinese style curry maybe, but butter chicken?

/makes cuckoo noise

FCUTA!

• mal 26 Oct 2012 21:44:00 22,830 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    meme wrote:
    Fatiguez wrote:
    praise for Lidl's sweets
    You monster.
    Lidl's Marathon clone is better than the original, I suspect. Quite a long time since I've had the Mars version (as you can tell by the fact I called it a Marathon), but these seem to pack more peanuts in them. Their twixes on the other hand are an almost carbon copy, just missing the wiggly lines on the base.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• DaM 26 Oct 2012 21:46:12 13,529 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Fatiguez wrote:
    What the fuck was that bump about, I haven't posted anything in here other than praise for Lidl's sweets
    She's Roger Aldi's daughter.

I have to declare these are the best crisp style snack I have ever had. Going to Waitrose tomorrow to score a bunch of them.

Cheesy flavour like Cheetos, and so hard they can break fillings.

Edited by DaM at 21:47:52 26-10-2012
  • smugla 28 Oct 2012 14:38:05 2,134 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I like salad with everything salad and feta cheese and i get the maris piper chuncky chipps and make them crunchy and hollow out the middle bit and stuff them with curry and salad

My ex was a psychiatrist :)

Hangs head in shame

Edited by smugla at 14:39:18 28-10-2012

Edited by smugla at 14:40:05 28-10-2012
  • RedSparrows 31 Oct 2012 11:32:56 24,231 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I too like salad very much.

But not with curry.

My current favourite cupboard scraping meal is boiled potatoes (new, obv), and then chucking anything on top with olive oil and mustard. Spinach, feta, tomatoes, green beans etc.
  • Psychotext 15 Nov 2012 21:00:22 55,032 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just had some utterly divine roast potatoes... from Asda. :eek:

Asda Extra Special Goose Fat Potatoes with Thyme. Delicious.
  • Vortex808 19 Nov 2012 19:40:33 7,580 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Morrisons are currently selling 'swiss style muesli bread' with loads of grains and raisins.

It's lovely on it's own or with some nutella.

Yum.
  • thelzdking 23 Nov 2012 16:49:49 4,413 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Favorina chocolate gingerbread

1.79 for 500g from Lidil

Like the name suggests this is gingerbread covered in a thin layer of either milk or dark chocolate. I plumped for the milk chocolate variety.

The texture of the gingerbread is nothing short of excellent, being fluffy yet carrying exactly the right amount of weight to fill the mouth pleasantly. The thickness of the chocolate covering is perfectly balanced to give the texture and taste of melting chocolate on the tongue during the bite, but to not interfere with the flavour of the gingerbread itself. The latter is what makes this product as it has the smokey-yet-sweet darkness that is often lacking in pre-packaged gingerbread products. In the world of sweet Christmassy snacks this is nothing less than a tour-de-force.

10/10

Edited by thelzdking at 16:50:49 23-11-2012
  • Deleted user 23 November 2012 19:34:58
    Sainsburys basics salmon and fish pie. Surprisingly good and only 70p or something ridiculous.
  • DaM 23 Nov 2012 19:43:43 13,529 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:

1.79 for 500g from Lidil

Like the name suggests this is gingerbread covered in a thin layer of either milk or dark chocolate. I plumped for the milk chocolate variety.

The texture of the gingerbread is nothing short of excellent, being fluffy yet carrying exactly the right amount of weight to fill the mouth pleasantly. The thickness of the chocolate covering is perfectly balanced to give the texture and taste of melting chocolate on the tongue during the bite, but to not interfere with the flavour of the gingerbread itself. The latter is what makes this product as it has the smokey-yet-sweet darkness that is often lacking in pre-packaged gingerbread products. In the world of sweet Christmassy snacks this is nothing less than a tour-de-force.

10/10
    If there is one thing those foreigners do well, it's gingerbready Christmas-themed biscuitry. Can you get some of the dark and review that? I feel it's warming bitterness will perfectly complement the smokey-yet-sweet darkness.
  • Vortex808 23 Nov 2012 20:34:57 7,580 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If that's the same biscuits i bought from lidl last year, the dark chocolate ones are great DaM.

Edit: Having checked they're not, but they do a pack of 8 or 10 large round gingery biscuits a bit like that, but choc lightly on one side only which are awesome. I actually had to limit my purchases of them.

Edited by Vortex808 at 20:37:22 23-11-2012
  • DaM 23 Nov 2012 21:11:18 13,529 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    One of my wife's Euro colleagues sends the kids a big bag of German Xmas gingerbread stuff every year, it's amazing - I think it's dusted in crack. They don't see much of it. We send chocolate oranges in return.
  • wobbly_Bob 23 Nov 2012 21:45:24 1,898 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    http://www.lidl.com.mt/static_content/lidl_mt/images/MT/MT_19216_21_b.jpg

1.79 for 500g from Lidil

10/10
    want these now!!! Im gonna check them out next time i'm in El Lidel.
  • GiarcYekrub 23 Nov 2012 22:25:41 3,857 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thin n crispy morrissons extra peperoni and chorizo 1.50 luv it
  • mal 23 Nov 2012 22:27:53 22,830 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    If that's the same biscuits i bought from lidl last year, the dark chocolate ones are great DaM.

Edit: Having checked they're not, but they do a pack of 8 or 10 large round gingery biscuits a bit like that, but choc lightly on one side only which are awesome. I actually had to limit my purchases of them.
    Yeah, I thought he was on about those until I clicked through to the image. These are nice, but somehow they didn't do it for me.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Next