Football Manager Handheld (Android) - Out Now! Page 2

• Page

of 3 First / Last

• marc_si 24 Apr 2012 14:07:03 317 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    "@souvlaki / would also like it to be easier for swapping players as I fine the whole drag drop thing doesn't always work or picks the wrong player."

Can you try clicking on the button you drag to select the player (the one next to their name where the position selected in shown) - if you do this instead of dragging and dropping it'll take you to a page where you can just 'click to select' the position to put them in.

I gave this option because I've large sausage fingers myself and on smaller devices sometimes find drag/drop fiddly for that reason.
  • Rens11 24 Apr 2012 14:59:00 1,451 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @marc_si

Cheers for the update Marc shame its the end of the season by then

to footie man 2013 when saints are in the premiership hopefully!

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• Ziz0u 24 Apr 2012 15:04:47 8,554 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @marc_si

Sorry about Android users pirating the shit out of this.

Put out a Vita version and I'll snap it up.
  • THFourteen 24 Apr 2012 15:20:33 34,185 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-24-football-manager-dev-hopes-to-stick-with-android-despite-9-1-piracy-rate

Guess this what you're referring to. Disgusting to be honest, a game that costs well less than 10 and people still steal it.

Say what you like about ios, but the fact that the latest OS versions tend to stop jail breaking for a few months and Apples tight control of the app store means far less piracy. And I've only just moved to android.
  • marc_si 24 Apr 2012 16:33:52 317 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    "@Rens11 to footie man 2013 when saints are in the premiership "

I'm a Brighton supporter, as such still trying to remind myself that we've had a very good season .... and convince myself that an extra season of experience in the Championship will be good for our (largely) young side .....
  • souvlaki 24 Apr 2012 16:54:26 728 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    All the comments on the piracy newspage supporting piracy on the grounds on the price seem to be people who expect mobile games to be pennies but will pay full price for a PC game - even though development costs could be identical. I blame apple.

Personally, spending a few hours outside changing rooms whilst the wife tries on the whole shop has made the eight quid worth every penny. My only problem is that I could do with a spare battery now for when I am out all day :(

BTW - can someone answer my question as to how much effort I need to put into individual tactics per game and per player. I get fun out of just supporting my team really and want to coast my way to victory.
  • Deleted user 24 April 2012 17:12:06
    A minor thought, regarding Android Piracy - more and more, devices are coming out that don't have access to the Google Play store (such as the Amazon Fire, though in this instance I doubt it would be a worry, as it's US only and the FM series is mostly a seller for European places). Especially with budget tablets and smartphones, Google just aren't letting them access it officially. Could this be one reason why piracy is so high? That they literally have no other way to get it other than the Google Play store, which they can't access? I'm in a similar position - I want to play this on my Fire, but have absolutely no way to get it on there.

Obviously it's not the sole reason, but it's certainly something to consider. With the utter lack of copy protection, I'm surprised more big developers don't offer direct downloads on their sites as an option.
  • Rens11 24 Apr 2012 17:53:23 1,451 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @marc_si

Yeah shame you didn't finish in the playoffs you smashed us over Xmas then had a couple of hard games with reading and west ham and then drew the last couple. Same kinda form as Saints these past few weeks sure Brighton will be contenders next season

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• marc_si 26 Apr 2012 20:31:32 317 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    To keep people abreast of things the FMH2012 Android update will be available in early may; heres an update on its progress -

#3.4a - First Android Update
    Improve user input response on tablets
    Cosmetic tweaks to WVGA skin
    Add additional French club logo
    Add battery warning to user interface when battery falls below 10%
    Fix minor glitch with match odds news item
    Tuning of free agent transfers
    Fix rare pass count wrap display issue if player made over 128 passes in a match
    Allow users to force installation where disk space wrongly reported as too low
    Implement support for Android back button to be used as back button in-game
    Remove Close button to prevent exit crash on Samsung Galaxy SII
    Battery life optimizations
    Add warning if app is run on a device with inadequate resolution
    Welsh Manager Performance Award Fix
    Port Vale points deduction
    Fix rare issue in European comps if a minor club wins major competition
    Fix for JPT issue if a Conference club is promoted & qualifies for Europe
    Minor text fixes (grammar and translations)
    Improve the manner in which players react to bankruptcy
    Added apostrophe to keyboard
    Fix crash caused when interrupting scout search setup
    Implement 1280x720 resolution skin support
    Improve accuracy of required storage space calculation
    Fix very rare corruption of player history in long term saves

After the update is released we will obviously continue to monitor feedback and will be further supporting the game in the future, watch this space.

Hope this helps,

Marc Vaughan - Sports Interactive Ltd
  • Dougs 26 Apr 2012 20:54:27 69,012 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Brilliant, great stuff Marc.
  • THFourteen 26 Apr 2012 21:57:59 34,185 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    1280x720!

sold!
  • coastal 2 May 2012 10:47:47 5,389 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    When picking my team I'm having trouble selecting subs. I'm using the formation view and do an automatic selection. I can't see how to drop a sub or substitute another player as the sub. Since the subs are not appearing in the formation view there's no way to drop players over them. I've tried other views but find that even more confusing.

Any clues?

bf3: sergeant_shaftoe

• marc_si 2 May 2012 12:50:14 317 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    To set a sub in that view either drag an existing sub over the player you want in his position and that will swap the position between the two players or click on the players 'position' button (ie. where it shows the position he's selected for) this will take you to a page where you can set his position to whatever you want (including subs).

Hope this helps,

Marc
  • marc_si 2 May 2012 21:40:49 317 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    First android update has just been released -

#3.4a - First Android Update
    Improve user input response on tablets
    Cosmetic tweaks to WVGA skin
    Add additional French club logo
    Add battery warning to user interface when battery falls below 10%
    Fix minor glitch with match odds news item
    Tuning of free agent transfers
    Fix rare pass count wrap display issue if player made over 128 passes in a match
    Allow users to force installation where disk space wrongly reported as too low
    Implement support for Android back button to be used as back button in-game
    Remove Close button to prevent exit crash on Samsung Galaxy SII
    Battery life optimizations
    Add warning if app is run on a device with inadequate resolution
    Welsh Manager Performance Award Fix
    Port Vale points deduction
    Fix rare issue in European comps if a minor club wins major competition
    Fix for JPT issue if a Conference club is promoted & qualifies for Europe
    Minor text fixes (grammar and translations)
    Improve the manner in which players react to bankruptcy
    Added apostrophe to keyboard
    Fix crash caused when interrupting scout search setup
    Implement 1280x720 resolution skin support
    Improve accuracy of required storage space calculation
    Fix very rare corruption of player history in long term saves
  • yegon 3 May 2012 10:47:21 5,393 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Excellent, it's magnificent on the Galaxy Note :)
  • Dougs 3 May 2012 10:48:40 69,012 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    How large is the data pack download after the update? Small enough to do over 3G?
  • coastal 3 May 2012 11:13:58 5,389 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thanks Marc, will try that out.

I'm currently trying to recreate Newcastle's season and failing miserably :-(

bf3: sergeant_shaftoe

• Weebleboy 3 May 2012 14:29:43 370 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Really enjoying this, cheers for the port!

Bug report: After the latest update the text commentary is displayed over the goal mouth when using the zoomed in pitch on my Xperia Mini. It was fine before the update.

I also find the 'drag and drop' team selection very fiddly on the Mini, but that's my own fault for getting a phone with a small screen...
  • marc_si 3 May 2012 15:57:32 317 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Dougs the data pack is about the same size on smaller screen devices, on higher resolution devices its gone up somewhat its 40Mb approximately now simply because it contains up-resolution images for the new skin.

It'd take approximately 10 minutes to download on my 4G connection, I'd recommend waiting for a wireless connection rather than use 3G if you had a HD device myself - but its obviously your call.
  • marc_si 3 May 2012 16:06:12 317 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Weebleboy wrote:
    Bug report: After the latest update the text commentary is displayed over the goal mouth when using the zoomed in pitch on my Xperia Mini. It was fine before the update.
    Thanks for the feedback - we're looking into this now and will incorporate a fix into the next update for it, sorry about that.

I also find the 'drag and drop' team selection very fiddly on the Mini, but that's my own fault for getting a phone with a small screen...
    If we can think of a 'cleaner' way of doing things for small screen devices we'll evolve things in the future as there are a few around now .... we've already started adapting the UI for larger tablets and I don't see any reason we couldn't do the same for smaller devices where applicable.
  • Dougs 7 Jun 2012 18:26:29 69,012 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The exit game button seems to have disappeared after the last update. Now have to close down from task manager (Samsung GS2). Or am I being exceptionally dense again?!
  • marc_si 8 Jun 2012 15:57:18 317 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    The exit game button seems to have disappeared after the last update. Now have to close down from task manager (Samsung GS2). Or am I being exceptionally dense again?!
    This was intentional - there were a small minority of devices which had problems with the exit button in the initial release so I removed it in the update pending investigations (I don't like anyone having issues with the game if I can help it).

A new update is on the way and it will restore the exit button with a slightly different implementation - as well as a bunch of other tweaks and improvements.

(I'll post here once the update is available - it'll be a short while yet - its completed now, but still have to complete internal QA).
  • Dougs 8 Jun 2012 16:03:20 69,012 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Cool, no worries! Cheers for the update, look forward to it.

Edited by Dougs at 16:03:51 08-06-2012
  • Rens11 8 Jun 2012 16:20:09 1,451 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    any chance of adding an option to make multiple leagues playable at once in a future update like the pc version?

• marc_si 11 Jun 2012 19:10:43 317 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rens11 wrote:
    any chance of adding an option to make multiple leagues playable at once in a future update like the pc version?
    The iOS version of FMH has multiple leagues at once, at present its not feasible on Android because some of the earlier devices are too memory light to be able to handle it.

I'm hoping that for next years version (presuming we get to make one) we'll manage to enable multiple leagues at once on newer devices - time will tell though ...
  • marc_si 11 Jun 2012 19:10:46 317 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rens11 wrote:
    The iOS version of FMH has multiple leagues at once, at present its not feasible on Android because some of the earlier devices are too memory light to be able to handle it.

I'm hoping that for next years version (presuming we get to make one) we'll manage to enable multiple leagues at once on newer devices - time will tell though ...
  • marc_si 17 Jul 2012 15:53:42 317 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    We're pleased to announce that the second update for Android (3.5) has been released!

The update includes 2 new purchasable scenarios, for more information check out the Store in-game.

See below for the changelist.

#3.5a - Second Android Update
    Fix rare crash on starting with specific devices due to language setting
    Allow warning if game started on non-supported resolution devices
    Fix poor layout of physio reports when players are injured
    Added no interest news when offering players to club
    Improve movement of withdrawn strikers
    Tweak defensive positioning against narrow formations
    Exit button restored to start page
    Additional Purchasable Scenarios Added
    Stop players moaning for a new contract if they've only just joined club
    Various match improvements based on community feedback
    Tune contract requests at clubs with a sugar daddy
    Tune effect of loans on players involved
    Tune manager movement slightly
  • Weebleboy 17 Jul 2012 16:13:40 370 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Woohoo! Installing now and then I'll head off to the work bog for a quick play test.
  • Ziz0u 9 Oct 2012 13:45:36 8,554 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @marc_si

Any idea when the new edition will be out on PSP?
  • Gartt 18 Oct 2012 19:33:19 1,845 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Have we got a date for FM13 yet?
  • Page

of 3 First / Last