PlayStation 4 Page 230

• Page

of 658 First / Last

• elstoof 6 Oct 2013 13:39:54 6,140 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    OptimusPube wrote:

It happened to me a few weeks ago, it was a corner shop and they tried to add additional charges for using my debit card instead of cash and I asked in their shop on a sign where it stated that, he soon backed down for obvious reasons.
    When the bank calls to ask if you really are trying to buy a car in the Philippines, remember this little exchange.
  • beastmaster 6 Oct 2013 14:20:55 10,179 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Should be fun on launch day. I assume if you've ordered the console plus a few other games they'll all arrive at the same time? Worst would be getting the console first and then no games for a good few hours.

Still, Resogun will be available online though. With everyone battering the servers at the same time :-)

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• FanBoysSuck 6 Oct 2013 14:57:44 1,385 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Should be fun on launch day. I assume if you've ordered the console plus a few other games they'll all arrive at the same time? Worst would be getting the console first and then no games for a good few hours.

Still, Resogun will be available online though. With everyone battering the servers at the same time :-)
    I'm not sure about anyone else but shopto are dispatching separately unless it's a bundle. It's why they listed bundles before the official ones, they were there for convenience rather than value.

edit: autcorrect fail/mobile app being shit.

Edited by FanBoysSuck at 12:06:18 07-10-2013

For the emperor!

• Syrette 6 Oct 2013 16:13:28 41,864 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This isn't the best place to ask, but does anyone know if the PS4 (or 3 even) versions of Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed IV are likely to come with the PS-exclusive content on the disc, or do you access it via a DLC code?

Guess I'm really asking that question at people who've bought the last couple of Assassin's Creed titles on PS3. Just weighing up the pros and cons of buying/renting the two of them.

Edited by Syrette at 16:13:45 06-10-2013

• chrisno21 6 Oct 2013 17:44:44 1,352 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's been a download so far, even ass creed 3 as I remember it.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• beastmaster 6 Oct 2013 18:47:02 10,179 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just got my ShopTo mail about the mega bundle. Fuck it! Ordered it as soon as I got the original ShopTo email after the original PS4 announcement.

Edited by beastmaster at 18:48:14 06-10-2013

• Short-Round 6 Oct 2013 18:55:12 1,114 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    A few of you have had hands-on with the PS4 now - what's it like for size and fan noise?
  • Deleted user 6 October 2013 19:05:10
    Yeah I'm curious about fan noise, as it's a small, powerful machine.

Should still be able to be effectively silent though. I had an ASUS 7850, comparable to the PS4 GPU, that was more or less silent, and being that the Jaguar CPUs are very low power architecture, they should be more or less silent too.
  • beastmaster 6 Oct 2013 19:17:26 10,179 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You couldn't tell at the Expo just because of the general noise level and a lot of them were housed away in cabinets.

• Zackv4861 6 Oct 2013 20:14:47 1,066 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I heard fan is quieter and isn't on/off like PS3 but gradual as and when depending how much so shouldn't be as noticable.

Edited by Zackv4861 at 06:14:22 07-10-2013
  • Carlo 6 Oct 2013 22:25:08 17,913 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Amazon raised their basic ps4 price to just over 400. Guess they've ran out of stock!

PSN ID: Djini

• Deleted user 6 October 2013 22:30:26
    What a joke.
  • Syrette 7 Oct 2013 00:09:25 41,864 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I see ShopTo have the console+Killzone/Watch Dogs bundles down as supposedly guaranteed for launch even for new customers.

http://www.shopto.net/video%20games/ps4/PS4HW27-ps4-console-inc-killzone-shadow-fall

http://www.shopto.net/video%20games/ps4/PS4HW28-ps4-console-inc-watch-dogs

Pre-release dispatch
    Pre-order PS4 Console Inc Watch Dogs before 12pm on Wednesday 27th of November 2013 to receive it by the release date of Friday 29th of November 2013( UK & Mainland Only )

Guarantee
    We are so confident that you will receive PS4 Console Inc Watch Dogs for Friday 29th of November 2013 that if for ANY reason you do not we will compensate you with 5.00 to your account.
    * Only if pre-ordered by 12pm on Wednesday 27th of November 2013 See Terms and Conditions

Might well be the case that this information is incorrect and that they've just forgotten to change it to the previous "orders after the 6th are not guaranteed for launch day" message.

• Armoured_Bear 7 Oct 2013 00:13:04 8,748 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I had a go today, pad is indeed very good, a clear improcement on the PS3 pad.
    Console looks decent in the flesh.
    AC4 demo was pish, didn't look anything special visually and was annoying as hell to control.
    Knack was pretty and played decently but nothing special
    Drive Club was unimpressive, not my kind of game so wasted on me but I didn't see anything next gen about it..

I'll def be getting one but my initial demo impressions were very average.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• beastmaster 7 Oct 2013 00:17:31 10,179 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Killzone, Resogun and Octodad are where it's at on the PS4 for me. I also really enjoyed War Thunder.

Swapped to mega-bundle now. Don't care if KZ is digital only.

Edited by beastmaster at 00:18:09 07-10-2013

• Psiloc 7 Oct 2013 10:20:13 1,140 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Syrette Doesn't work, you get "we are no longer taking pre-orders for this item" when you click Buy :(
  • chrisno21 7 Oct 2013 10:27:38 1,352 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Killzone, Resogun and Octodad are where it's at on the PS4 for me. I also really enjoyed War Thunder.

Swapped to mega-bundle now. Don't care if KZ is digital only.
    Sony confirmed that bundle games were not DL but physical copies, whether that means that they are retail copies has not been confirmed.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• neems 7 Oct 2013 11:35:29 1,081 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Shockingly I am just going to go into Tesco or wherever on launch day and see if they have any. If they don't, I will wait.

I'll maybe wait for some reviews as well.
  • Short-Round 7 Oct 2013 11:51:00 1,114 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Seriously considering cancelling my pre-order. Too much good stuff on PS3 still to get through, and looking at this list there doesn't seem to be anything remotely exciting announced that isn't an indie game (which will be cheaper on pc) :/
  • imamazed 7 Oct 2013 11:52:45 5,455 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeh, I'm waiting till next year; possibly summer when more games will've been announced.

Personally, the only launch game on either console I really want to play is Dead Rising 3, but I'm hoping that'll be multiplatform by the time I go next gen.
  • BritishBlue1 7 Oct 2013 12:03:04 128 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, was pretty gutted when I realised I wouldn't be able to get a PS4 on launch day but going by the launch titles, it's probably just as well.
  • Jmog 7 Oct 2013 12:27:32 391 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I am actually pretty happy that the US gets the PS4 a couple of weeks before us.

Every single launch game will have a review online before we get ours so plenty of time to change your mind regarding which games to get. I am getting Killzone for sure but I'm torn between Watch Dogs and AC4. I'll let the reviews decide and the risk of getting burned will be much smaller.
  • nickthegun 7 Oct 2013 12:29:20 55,866 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    neems wrote:
    Shockingly I am just going to go into Tesco or wherever on launch day and see if they have any. If they don't, I will wait.
    You crazy fool. How will you keep us all regaled with tales of 'pre-order changed', 'pre-order cancelled' and 'its not shipped yet, amazon are fucking useless'?

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• SFD 7 Oct 2013 12:37:55 467 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Personally I think that the launch titles for both systems are quite good. Especially when you compare them to this gens launch titles. It's a little different this time around with all the cross gen releases, but there's more than enough there to tempt most people.
  • Deleted user 7 October 2013 12:43:57
    SFD wrote:
    Personally I think that the launch titles for both systems are quite good. Especially when you compare them to this gens launch titles. It's a little different this time around with all the cross gen releases, but there's more than enough there to tempt most people.
    They are all pretty good, but most of them have a 4 at the end or a year number. Theres nothing really new new thats that enticing. Aside from indies.
  • Aretak 7 Oct 2013 13:13:41 10,329 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The launch line-ups look very solid, and I'm 100% sure things like Forza, Battlefield, Cowadoody and Assassin's Creed will receive 9s and above across the board. I'm just not interested in playing any of them though, personally, because I've pretty much already played them. Although it has to be said that I'm not that interested in most of the new stuff either. Knack, Watch Dogs, Ryse, etc... they all look dull, at least to my eyes.

The best stuff at launch looks like it'll be on PSN. Resogun remains the game that I'm most excited about at launch, I'm sure N++ will be good and I'll almost certainly buy the tarted up re-release of Flower, given it's one of my favourite games from this generation. Some of the F2P stuff looks good too. I'll definetly give Planetside 2 and Warframe a go.
  • Bloobat 7 Oct 2013 13:19:24 186 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Aretak Don't forget Warthunder! top game on PC and imagine PS4 one will be just as good.
  • neems 7 Oct 2013 13:20:42 1,081 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    neems wrote:
    You crazy fool. How will you keep us all regaled with tales of 'pre-order changed', 'pre-order cancelled' and 'its not shipped yet, amazon are fucking useless'?

If it's any consolation, I can 100% confirm that Amazon have not shipped yet, or even sent me an email confirmation. This may of course change if I actually order anything from them.
  • Carlo 7 Oct 2013 13:27:47 17,913 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bloobat wrote:
    @Aretak Don't forget Warthunder! top game on PC and imagine PS4 one will be just as good.
    I had to look it up!

PSN ID: Djini

• Syrette 7 Oct 2013 13:30:23 41,864 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    My order hasn't shipped yet.

SORT IT OUT SHOPTO OR I WON'T EVER USE YOU AGAIN

• Page

of 658 First / Last