PlayStation 4 Page 229

• Page

of 783 First / Last

• NotSoSlim 5 Oct 2013 09:43:39 3,124 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    GD71 wrote:
    @carlo ffs. All I am saying is most uk retailers, most of us have gone to game or shopto are doing the bundle for 399. They were doing the bundle for 399 as separate items. Now we get the bundle at the same price. If the game turns out, as shopto claim, not to be tradeable then that's a worse deal. And even your 389 deal is still shitty if it's not tradeable. I'm not wrong, I just have a different opinion than you. And I'm certainly not going to risk my preorder place to save 10 quid via a German retailer., for what will still likely be a poor value bundle. The mega bundle was the only great value deal out there. For the record, my bundle is 493. It was 493 with three boxed games. It's now 493 with two boxed games and a bundle. For that package it's probably still cheaper than your smug deal anyway. Still not what I preordered though because Sony are forcing bundles on retailers.
    Where are Sony forcing bundles? Amazon are selling console on its own.

Seems retailers are forcing bundles as they know demand is stupidly high.
  • PazJohnMitch 5 Oct 2013 09:49:05 8,052 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Retailers forcing bundles is not a new thing.

Wiis bought in store at Game last gen were silly expensive. I think they were only selling a £450 pack with 4 of the weaker games.
  • H1ggyLTD 5 Oct 2013 09:56:38 1,723 posts
    Seen 28 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    This is worse though after Sony had give it big licks over the price.
  • Maturin 5 Oct 2013 09:57:57 3,000 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I remember queueing at Game for the midnight launch of PS3 and they announced to us that we'd have to buy at least two games from their list or no PS3. Utter cunts. I was buying one for work and hadn't budgeted for that.
  • TheMilkman 5 Oct 2013 09:58:36 212 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Spot on, the retailers know they have everyone over a barrel and are pretty much exploiting it. That's the way the world works I guess, but it leaves a sour taste.

I bet you once all the pre order people are served the RRP for the mega bundle magically drops to £429 and the ones with a single game to £379. I remember when the pre orders for the PS4 first came out Simplygames was selling the console alone for £338 and you could pre order BF4 for 40 quid at Amazon. Now that they realise how high the demand is those prices have sky rocketed. You can't even order the stand alone console at Simplygames now, and the cheapest price is the console and one controller at £415! BF4 is £47 at Amazon now and looking around that's pretty much as low as you can get it for. Madness.
  • PazJohnMitch 5 Oct 2013 10:09:30 8,052 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I ordered 3 PS4 games at Amazon. The combined order is £144 but the individual prices total £154. So they have clearly upped the cost of one or more item recently. (I have no idea how much I am paying for each one individually).
  • beastmaster 5 Oct 2013 10:17:28 11,418 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Maturin wrote:
    I remember queueing at Game for the midnight launch of PS3 and they announced to us that we'd have to buy at least two games from their list or no PS3. Utter cunts. I was buying one for work and hadn't budgeted for that.
    What the fuck? That is fucking outrageous.

I've not been offered the bundle yet from ShopTo. I don't have any need for the camera or an extra controller. But I would like to be asked :-)

Would still go for it if offered. Probably.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Maturin 5 Oct 2013 10:28:22 3,000 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm hoping for just the console. The only launch game I'm interested in is DriveClub and I'll be getting the free version via PSN+ and then upgrading to the full version digitally.
  • Aretak 5 Oct 2013 11:17:15 10,354 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    I ordered 3 PS4 games at Amazon. The combined order is £144 but the individual prices total £154. So they have clearly upped the cost of one or more item recently. (I have no idea how much I am paying for each one individually).
    Prices have certainly gone up across the board at Amazon over the past month. A lot of games were £5 or so lower than they are now a while back. Battlefield 4 went as low as £40 a month ago, whereas it's now £50.
  • kadooosh 5 Oct 2013 12:08:46 1,405 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just been confirmed the bundle from an independent retailer :)
  • kadooosh 5 Oct 2013 12:09:58 1,405 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Aretak yeah I preorded bf4 from amazon when it was 47. It's now showing in my basket as 40 but has gone back up to 47 for new orders. Happy about that :)
  • ElNino9 5 Oct 2013 12:41:42 13,428 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've got the special edition for NFS for £39 on order. I'll wait to see how it review on the next gen but I'm pretty chuffed with that!

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Pedrolot 5 Oct 2013 13:33:45 1,939 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm getting increasingly interested in Watchdogs...ve noticed the price has gone up for this too though.

PSN: Pedrolot

• itsoldsquarejaw 5 Oct 2013 13:37:47 193 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Hm, still waiting for a shopto preorder bundle email. Any news on that outside of the arguments as to whether it's worth it? :p
  • Kostabi 5 Oct 2013 13:47:55 4,926 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Game prices have been going up and down on Amazon for a while. Killzone was £44 at one point but is £49 now.
  • Deleted user 5 October 2013 17:20:55
    PS4 sells out really fast in Japan: http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/04/the-ps4-sells-out-faster-than-hotcakes-at-all-major-japanese-retailers-in-most-cases-within-minutes/
  • Kangoo 5 Oct 2013 17:28:06 1,016 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've got FIFA for £42, BF4 for £40 and NFS at £39 all with Amazon so they have shaped what I will be getting at launch.

PSN: Adwab2

• Deleted user 5 October 2013 17:31:42
    It seems to me all of EA's games are the worst offenders for price hikes. Even new PS3/360 games from them are on shelves for £45-50.
  • Nehmis 5 Oct 2013 19:34:59 693 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, I saw Fifa on the shelf at £44 yesterday, you could maybe justify next gen games in the first few weeks/month being that high but yearly titles on the 360/PS3? No chance.
  • OptimusPube 5 Oct 2013 19:50:01 3,031 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Maturin wrote:
    Surly they has to be a law against that, false advertising maybe, they can't announce it just there and then, there would have to be some sort of notice up even the day before to advertise it.

It happened to me a few weeks ago, it was a corner shop and they tried to add additional charges for using my debit card instead of cash and I asked in their shop on a sign where it stated that, he soon backed down for obvious reasons.

You better watch out.
    You better beware.
    Albert said E=MC²

• darrenb 5 Oct 2013 20:21:49 678 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think people forget a store doesn't have to sell you something if someone else is willing to pay...

When I bought the Wii on launch I had to buy 2 games and neither could be zelda. So I had to buy 3 :-(
  • SIKFING 5 Oct 2013 20:32:10 62 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I posted this in another thread but I'll mention here too.

I went into my local GAME today to ask about pricing and was informed that watchdogs would cost me £60 on launch night.

The guy basically said I would be an idiot not to order it online at £49.99

So I did.

From Amazon.
  • GD71 5 Oct 2013 22:03:26 36 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    What are the views on Battlefield as a preorder alongside WD and KZ? I'm debating cancelling it and picking up Dead Risng 3. Never played a BF game before and reading the beta thread it doesn't sound like a dive in for an hour or so a week sort of game.
  • SIKFING 5 Oct 2013 22:15:44 62 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    GD71 wrote:
    What are the views on Battlefield as a preorder alongside WD and KZ? I'm debating cancelling it and picking up Dead Risng 3.
    You might be waiting a while for that one!
  • -cerberus- 5 Oct 2013 23:08:49 2,870 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    VG247: DualShock 4 will work with Windows PC at launch, according to Sony’s Yoshida

Take the plastic bag challenge to cure stupidity.

• GD71 6 Oct 2013 08:43:26 36 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    SIKFING wrote:
    GD71 wrote:
    What are the views on Battlefield as a preorder alongside WD and KZ? I'm debating cancelling it and picking up Dead Risng 3.
    You might be waiting a while for that one!
    Why? I'm taking both consoles at launch. Just having a tough time deciding whether I want to play DR3 more than BF4 - having never played BF aside from 30 mins of BF3 via PS+ the week I sold my PS3.
  • Deleted user 6 October 2013 08:52:07
    OptimusPube wrote:
    Maturin wrote:
    Surly they has to be a law against that, false advertising maybe, they can't announce it just there and then, there would have to be some sort of notice up even the day before to advertise it.

It happened to me a few weeks ago, it was a corner shop and they tried to add additional charges for using my debit card instead of cash and I asked in their shop on a sign where it stated that, he soon backed down for obvious reasons.
    Nothing wrong with that.

Edit:legally that is!

Edited by mowgli at 11:03:33 06-10-2013
  • GD71 6 Oct 2013 10:36:46 36 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    itsoldsquarejaw wrote:
    Hm, still waiting for a shopto preorder bundle email. Any news on that outside of the arguments as to whether it's worth it? :p
    I think if you haven't had it, you probably won't get it. Worth checking you're pre order though, if you pre-ordered a console and a separate boxed copy of KZ or WD you'll probably find that it's been swapped for one of the lesser bundles that includes the non retail KZ or WD.
  • Flying_Pig 6 Oct 2013 12:50:47 11,001 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Has it been confirmed anywhere that the bundled games are non-retail? They're definitely physical copies....
  • GD71 6 Oct 2013 13:15:22 36 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Shopto small print says "may not be tradeable". so I don't think its been confirmed either way. At best it'll have"not for resale" stamped all over it which is usually the kiss of death for trades or reasonable ebay prices. But then, everyone will have KZ - you probably wont be able to give it away when you're done anyway.
  • Page

of 783 First / Last