PlayStation 4 Page 227

• Page

of 782 First / Last

• Syrette 3 Oct 2013 21:16:08 43,449 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    rumblesushi wrote:
    Not sure how you can be unsure of PS Plus tbh, it's the best service any console manufacturer has ever offered, just unbelievable value.
    It's good, and I'm a subscriber, but it's not for everyone. For a start people might be very picky with their games, and secondly if you're a renter then PS+ loses a lot of value because you can play what you want and pay very little for it.

• Deleted user 3 October 2013 21:16:30
    No, that's why I don't buy gold. However, one advantage you get with gold now is you get to keep the free games even if your subscription lapses.

Edited by SG59 at 21:16:54 03-10-2013
  • NotSoSlim 3 Oct 2013 21:19:49 3,124 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    SG59 wrote:
    No, that's why I don't buy gold. However, one advantage you get with gold now is you get to keep the free games even if your subscription lapses.
    Until December i believe
  • Deleted user 3 October 2013 21:20:31
    SG59 wrote:
    And if you decide not to re-subscribe, you've just lost a whole lot of money for what exactly?
    For being able to play dozens of games for a year that would have cost you hundreds of pounds?
  • NotSoSlim 3 Oct 2013 21:21:32 3,124 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    SG59 wrote:
    Because to get access to part of your games library your having to pay £40 a year. If you don't, it all goes out the window. And if you decide not to re-subscribe, you've just lost a whole lot of money for what exactly?
    Also forgetting the discounts you get and those you keep regardless
  • Deleted user 3 October 2013 21:21:49
    Syrette wrote:
    rumblesushi wrote:
    Not sure how you can be unsure of PS Plus tbh, it's the best service any console manufacturer has ever offered, just unbelievable value.
    It's good, and I'm a subscriber, but it's not for everyone. For a start people might be very picky with their games, and secondly if you're a renter then PS+ loses a lot of value because you can play what you want and pay very little for it.
    That's kinda the thing for me too. I don't rent, but a lot of these games are the sort you'd want to own aren't they? Exclusives etc...

Edited by SG59 at 21:22:31 03-10-2013
  • CharlieStCloud 3 Oct 2013 21:26:01 5,202 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I don't use PS+ at present however, paying what ... £30-40 a year for highly rated games in the past three years and/or more recently is chuffing great value!

Yes, you do keep those games on Xbox 360, but they are hardly 'new' or wow-I-must-renew-my-gold-membership kind of privilege, are they?
  • Deleted user 3 October 2013 21:30:15
    @CharlieStCloud I suppose it comes down to what the above poster said; The person. I don't care for MP and I usually only pick up certain games that I want. I'll take a gamble here and there if I see something cheap, but that's about it.
  • Derblington 3 Oct 2013 21:42:33 21,614 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    But then surely paying £40 a year and getting around 40 good to great games is even better for you? That'd get you 4 or 5 games even if you're buying cheap.

It gives you freedom to try/complete a ton of good titles on a tiny budget and gives you discounts on even more. It's time limited, sure, but a year is enough to play a lot of games. You then choose to continue or not.

I don't really understand the "renting" argument. You could play stuff on plus and then pick up the stuff you want to keep later at a fraction of the price. It still saves you money.
  • Carlo 3 Oct 2013 21:47:06 18,058 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The only reason to not get PS+ IMO is if you simply don't play games much.

If you have a PS3 & and Vita (or PSP?) it's stratospheric value!

PSN ID: Djini

• Deleted user 3 October 2013 21:54:23
    Carlo wrote:
    The only reason to not get PS+ IMO is if you simply don't play games much.

If you have a PS3 & and Vita (or PSP?) it's stratospheric value!
    I play a lot of point & click stuff. Broken Sword, Cognition, The Night of the Rabbit etc.
    I've got a decent PC and I plan on just getting, for the first time ever, just 1 console.

Most of the libraries will overlap and I'm just not going to have the time or money to invest in owning anymore to be honest.

Edited by SG59 at 21:59:15 03-10-2013
  • Syrette 3 Oct 2013 22:02:25 43,449 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    I don't really understand the "renting" argument. You could play stuff on plus and then pick up the stuff you want to keep later at a fraction of the price. It still saves you money.
    My renting 'argument' or the "you're just renting games on PS+" argument?

Edited by Syrette at 22:14:00 03-10-2013

• chrisno21 3 Oct 2013 22:12:12 1,509 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If plus retains its current form I can't see me not renewing while I still pay games. So for me it's not renting them. Some I've played before, some I don't want to try but the rest are filling a hole for about £30 a year with quality titles.

My vita is full of games and all ps4 owners will get resogun? and driveclub on day one.

Ridiculous value.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Deleted user 3 October 2013 22:19:22
    Same here chrisno21. For me it's buying the games at a pittance, because I see no reason not to subscribe. Jesus, when I played Street Fighter online I paid 40 quid a year for xbl, just to play online. Now I pay that much for online play and about 40 games that are mine to keep and play whenever I want, as long as I keep subscribing.

Being digital is great too, no disc swapping, and my PS3 is nice and quiet. You can't even compare it to a disc rental service, having to fuss around sending disks, and receiving 2 scratched pieces of shit to play at a time :D

I just hope they keep up its current form and start to deliver solid games for the PS4, as it is indeed ridiculous value. Almost all the games I would have otherwise bought for the Vita I've got on PS Plus, I think Virtua Tennis is the only one that hasn't. Plus many for the PS3 too.
  • Deleted user 3 October 2013 22:22:23
    I think the first few months of PS4 will be a little quiet for PSPlus, not many games out that will agree to going free so early after all, but I can't see Sony wanting to change the great model.

I'm not knocking the service, it's still great value, but I just don't think it's for me.
  • Syrette 3 Oct 2013 22:26:32 43,449 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    rumblesushi wrote:
    You can't even compare it to a disc rental service.
    That's utter nonsense since PS+ does not get you games at release or even particularly close to release.

• Deleted user 3 October 2013 22:27:55
    Right, another reason you can't compare :D
  • Syrette 3 Oct 2013 22:28:46 43,449 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Touché.

• PazJohnMitch 4 Oct 2013 01:22:15 8,044 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @-2013-

Yes. Had quite a few posted there over the years.
  • PazJohnMitch 4 Oct 2013 01:41:49 8,044 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    In the first month of my PS+ sub I already owned most of the PS3 and Vita games. They were sat in my backlog. I traded them all in for £40 which meant plus paid for itself in the first month.

Plus has done wonders for reducing my physical backlog. Now I have a virtual one instead. I am doing reasonably well keeping up with the Vita games but have barely played any of the PS3 ones.
  • CosmicFuzz 4 Oct 2013 07:28:04 24,302 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    SG59 wrote:
    Because to get access to part of your games library your having to pay £40 a year. If you don't, it all goes out the window. And if you decide not to re-subscribe, you've just lost a whole lot of money for what exactly?
    If you don't want to resubscribe, then you haven't lost money because you've played way more than £40 worth of games in that year. It's incredible value.

Our month-long focus on indie games starts with my look at the PS4's best game (still): Resogun!

• Carlo 4 Oct 2013 08:50:40 18,058 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Day 1 PS4 + Killzone for £389

(Found on HotDeals)

Edited by Carlo at 08:51:16 04-10-2013

• RyanDS 4 Oct 2013 12:45:09 9,356 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    rumblesushi wrote:
    You can't even compare it to a disc rental service.
    That's utter nonsense since PS+ does not get you games at release or even particularly close to release.
    A few games have been free on release date, eg Stacking.
  • Carlo 4 Oct 2013 12:56:23 18,058 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Amazon preorders now have the option to switch to a bundle...

(I went for watchdogs)

Instructions

Edited by Carlo at 12:57:37 04-10-2013

• beastmaster 4 Oct 2013 13:24:17 11,413 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If anyone wants to get hands on with a PS4 in the Manchester area. Just confirmed EA are bringing their games over on the PS4.

http://www.playexpo.net/

Edit: it's just Assassin's Creed 4 but will probably announce more closer to the time. EG has involvement.

Edited by beastmaster at 13:27:39 04-10-2013

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Syrette 4 Oct 2013 18:12:56 43,449 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Anyone preorder at SimplyGames?

They're attempting to force me to get one of their bundles instead of the just the console on its own that I ordered.

Your current PS4 console selection is NOT available. Any other products you may have in this order are unaffected. However, we need you to UPDATE the console/bundle selection in this order ASAP. To do this, simply tick the box next to the NEW console option(s) you require.
    Weirdly, they also mentioned that I can order as many consoles as I want...

You can now INCREASE the number of consoles on your order - and ALL will arrive on day of release!!! That's guaranteed;
    Thankfully I preordered at ShopTo as well (stupidly ordered after the day one guarantee cutoff point, so preordered at a couple of places to increase my chances of a release day console...), who will deliver on the 29th, aren't forcing me to do buy anything I don't want, have a 12 month warranty.

• woodnotes 4 Oct 2013 18:33:04 4,925 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    SimplyGames sound dodgy as hell.
  • FanBoysSuck 4 Oct 2013 18:45:10 1,482 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Anyone preorder at SimplyGames?

They're attempting to force me to get one of their bundles instead of the just the console on its own that I ordered.
    Your current PS4 console selection is NOT available. Any other products you may have in this order are unaffected. However, we need you to UPDATE the console/bundle selection in this order ASAP. To do this, simply tick the box next to the NEW console option(s) you require.
    Weirdly, they also mentioned that I can order as many consoles as I want...
    You can now INCREASE the number of consoles on your order - and ALL will arrive on day of release!!! That's guaranteed;
    Thankfully I preordered at ShopTo as well (stupidly ordered after the day one guarantee cutoff point, so preordered at a couple of places to increase my chances of a release day console...), who will deliver on the 29th, aren't forcing me to do buy anything I don't want, have a 12 month warranty.
    That sucks, I've used them for super cheap steam Keys before but nothing physical. I think I'll stick to that plan if they pull shit like this!

For the emperor!

• oceanmotion 4 Oct 2013 18:46:49 15,938 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Apparently Sony are forcing the upgrade bundles.

http://pixelenemy.com/report-forced-ps4-bundles-by-retailers-mandated-by-sony/
  • FanBoysSuck 4 Oct 2013 19:00:16 1,482 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    Apparently Sony are forcing the upgrade bundles.

http://pixelenemy.com/report-forced-ps4-bundles-by-retailers-mandated-by-sony/
    Holy shit that's well dodgy. Are they even allowed to do that after all the who har with toys r us forcing 360 bundles on customers back in 2005? Breach of contract? How dies it even work with online retails who state you don't have a contract of sale until the take payment?

For the emperor!

• Page

of 782 First / Last