PlayStation 4 Page 159

• Page

of 728 First / Last

• scoobysi 1 Aug 2013 21:40:27 882 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Has anyone pointed out that the first wave of games on consoles always are a bit of a disappointment graphically speaking?
    Yes, but it is still a bit dissappointing that the Wii U is yet to get a game on par with 7 year old consoles after being out nearly a year. I am hoping (expecting) that the PS4 and Xbox thingy will at least match the latest PS3 and 360 levels at launch, and improve that over time.
    Constant digs at the Wii U even in this thread. Zombi U, NSMBU, Nintendoland, Sonic Transformed, Pikmin 3, Zen Pinball, Trine, NFSMW etc. are all on par and some better than current gen.

I'm sure graphics on the PS4 will be an improvement over PS3 but will look a bit rough when looked back on in 2 to 3 years.
  • King_Edward 1 Aug 2013 21:40:45 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Phew. I was worried particle effects wouldn't be affected by shadows.
  • Derblington 1 Aug 2013 21:44:21 21,268 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It only takes one game to sell me on a platform. Second Son is that game.
    The details in the effects and the animation are ridiculous; its like he's dancing with his powers, and he has a weight and style in his movements that convey his personality. Very, very good looking game.

Can't wait to play it.
  • Jmog 1 Aug 2013 21:49:04 391 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    Ive decided to part-exchange my Wii U towards an Xbone at Christmas and then trade the Xbone for a PS4 when it launches in 2014.
    You do know that both consoles are coming this year, right?
  • OptimusPube 1 Aug 2013 21:55:22 2,907 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Second Son really does look stunning.

You better watch out.
    You better beware.
    Albert said E=MC

• ronuds 1 Aug 2013 22:03:23 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, Infamous is definitely better looking than any game this gen - and it's open world, so that should tell you something about teh powa of next gen! :p

I wasn't as impressed with some of the animations, especially how he interacts with the ground whilst walking/running. But the effects are pretty freakin' awesome.
  • IronGiant 1 Aug 2013 22:20:22 4,473 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    It only takes one game to sell me on a platform. Second Son is that game.
    The details in the effects and the animation are ridiculous; its like he's dancing with his powers, and he has a weight and style in his movements that convey his personality. Very, very good looking game.

Can't wait to play it.
    Agreed, day 1 purchase for me I really enjoyed The previous games.

Are you still working on games yourself?
  • Deleted user 1 August 2013 23:04:07
    OptimusPube wrote:
    It looked good in a sterile PC kind of way(that I don't like). Not quite the expected incremental upgrade to the excellent infamous 2 for me though.

The problem with it is I can see the assets being overlaid one by one like in a 3D Studio max editor, rather than a cohesive and artistic living breathing game world. There was no visible aliasing on the shadows, but they look like the cheap hard shadows again, rather than global illumination and I'm really disappointed they still haven't provided the ability to arbitrarily go inside buildings, even to the sleeping dogs level.

It is a lot of years since playing spiderman on PS1, but it is hard at times to see 3 generations of improvement, when buildings are pretty insignificant to gameplay by remaining bland boxes that are only modelled on the outside.

Hopefully they've at least added fluid control (+40fps) so the improvement in visuals is at least accompanied by improved playability. Really starting to wonder if anything from next-gen is going to justify the cost of a new console :(
  • CosmicFuzz 1 Aug 2013 23:07:10 23,173 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You don't have to buy one at launch
    The graphical leap isn't going to be as good as it has been before
    It's not fair to compare games from late in a consoles life to launch titles, even across differing consoles

Pick one!

Looking for a new gaming podcast to listen to? LOOK NO FURTHER!

• OptimusPube 1 Aug 2013 23:09:48 2,907 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    WTF are you babbling on about?

[edit] @vizzini

Edited by OptimusPube at 23:10:17 01-08-2013

You better watch out.
    You better beware.
    Albert said E=MC

• Deleted user 1 August 2013 23:19:23
    @CosmicFuzz

I take your point, but I was able to in every other generation.

My feeling of apathy for the graphics isn't just one of complaining about the mediocre hardware upgrade, it is actually one of misguided artistic choices. They aren't focusing on the important parts of the game that need improving, and look like they are doing another good story, but will be let down by being a launch title using very generic looking middleware graphics housing individually awesome artistic fx for the explosions and main character.

I loved both infamous 1 and 2, so I wanted this one to massively build on 2's success. So my fear it will get average reception and result in Infamous being finished as a franchise.
  • Gruff 1 Aug 2013 23:36:27 2,839 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Infamous is a series that never really captured my imagination enough to want to play. To my eyes it looks graphically lush, but then my visual palette may not be quite as refined.

I have at times been very impressed with what I have seen gamewise. Destiny and the Division being the two that arouse my game boner, But the social aspect rather than anything else is what is exciting me with those games, 4 player Borderlands co-op is what I crave for.

Slap a glorious next gen skin on it and I would be a happy man

It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.
    ― Agnes Repplier

• Deleted user 2 August 2013 00:12:20
    I'm not getting either a PS4 or a Xbone because quite frankly the stuff at E3 was just the same bland current gen shite that I'm not playing now with a new coat of paint.

The industry is stagnating like a motherfucker.
  • Progguitarist 2 Aug 2013 00:19:04 10,400 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Frogofdoom This isn't going to be a popular opinion but that really didn't do much for me.
  • Sid-Nice 2 Aug 2013 00:31:56 15,852 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Jmog wrote:
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    Ive decided to part-exchange my Wii U towards an Xbone at Christmas and then trade the Xbone for a PS4 when it launches in 2014.
    You do know that both consoles are coming this year, right?
    I honestly don't think the PS4 will hit Europe until 2014; I hope I'm wrong. Sony are so confident in the PS4 that a slight delay wouldn't cause European gamers to opt for the Xbone.

NNID Sid-Nice

• captainrentboy 2 Aug 2013 01:47:06 945 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    vizzini wrote:
    OptimusPube wrote:
    It looked good in a sterile PC kind of way(that I don't like). Not quite the expected incremental upgrade to the excellent infamous 2 for me though.

The problem with it is I can see the assets being overlaid one by one like in a 3D Studio max editor, rather than a cohesive and artistic living breathing game world. There was no visible aliasing on the shadows, but they look like the cheap hard shadows again, rather than global illumination and I'm really disappointed they still haven't provided the ability to arbitrarily go inside buildings, even to the sleeping dogs level.

It is a lot of years since playing spiderman on PS1, but it is hard at times to see 3 generations of improvement, when buildings are pretty insignificant to gameplay by remaining bland boxes that are only modelled on the outside.

Hopefully they've at least added fluid control (+40fps) so the improvement in visuals is at least accompanied by improved playability. Really starting to wonder if anything from next-gen is going to justify the cost of a new console :(
    I fucking DETEST cheap hard shadows! Which is why I just cancelled my PS4 preorder and set fire to my PS3 in protest.
    Fuck that shit.
  • jamesi 2 Aug 2013 04:20:45 197 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I read that if you want to guarentee delivery for release that we have until next week to pre-order.I know it could be marketing bs but where do you think best place to pre order with would be? amazon are being very vague and even saying that they understand if you want to cancel your pre-
    Order given uncertainty.
  • santashi 2 Aug 2013 08:25:56 5,046 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @jamesi Shopto?

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• RyanDS 2 Aug 2013 12:36:33 9,057 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    scoobysi wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Has anyone pointed out that the first wave of games on consoles always are a bit of a disappointment graphically speaking?
    Yes, but it is still a bit dissappointing that the Wii U is yet to get a game on par with 7 year old consoles after being out nearly a year. I am hoping (expecting) that the PS4 and Xbox thingy will at least match the latest PS3 and 360 levels at launch, and improve that over time.
    Constant digs at the Wii U even in this thread. Zombi U, NSMBU, Nintendoland, Sonic Transformed, Pikmin 3, Zen Pinball, Trine, NFSMW etc. are all on par and some better than current gen.

I'm sure graphics on the PS4 will be an improvement over PS3 but will look a bit rough when looked back on in 2 to 3 years.
    Zombi U looks like a launch 360 game, or even a good looking PS2 game. NSMBU is a 2d platformer that could be done on any console. The rest are on par. What is the game that could not be done on the PS3 graphics wise?
  • Zizoo 2 Aug 2013 12:39:26 8,107 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    lolzenpinballasanexamplelol
  • H1ggyLTD 2 Aug 2013 12:42:53 1,574 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Isn't NFSMW better on WiiU, graphically?
  • RyanDS 2 Aug 2013 12:47:29 9,057 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    Isn't NFSMW better on WiiU, graphically?
    I think it may be actually, but they had to massively cut down on players etc to do so IIRC.
  • Zomoniac 2 Aug 2013 12:49:44 7,790 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    scoobysi wrote:
    Constant digs at the Wii U even in this thread. Zombi U [...] on par and some better than current gen.
    Are you actually being serious??

• scoobysi 3 Aug 2013 00:35:16 882 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    scoobysi wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    MrTomFTW wrote:

Zombi U looks like a launch 360 game, or even a good looking PS2 game. NSMBU is a 2d platformer that could be done on any console. The rest are on par. What is the game that could not be done on the PS3 graphics wise?
    Zombi U was probably a bad example (although atmosphere etc. are great) but PS2 yeah right, others on par, so you've just contradicted yourself. And that's my point, why write such negative tosh that simply isn't true. Anyway back to Wii U thread with this stuff.
  • JYM60 3 Aug 2013 00:42:12 16,783 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Current gen games wii u is on par with:

Edited by JYM60 at 00:42:47 03-08-2013

[8/10] http://www.youtube.com/lllBetterThanHalolll

• jamesi 3 Aug 2013 03:15:19 197 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @santashi are they more reliable though?.The confusing thing is if a company like Amazon can't be sure to get it to you on release, with their stock levels i don't know who can.Some are saying game are best bet some even saying asda :confused:
  • Baihu1983 3 Aug 2013 19:41:15 3,278 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    OPM tore Knack one

The few gameplay videos Ive seen have looked rather poor.
  • King_Edward 3 Aug 2013 19:51:08 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Slowpoke. :p
  • KayJay 3 Aug 2013 20:54:35 5,287 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    OPM tore Knack one

The few gameplay videos Ive seen have looked rather poor.
    Yeah, but at least it's got rechargeable batteries... No wait! ;)
  • ecureuil 3 Aug 2013 21:00:19 76,489 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It was obviously shite from the moment they announced it. With some games you can just tell.
  • Page

of 728 First / Last