Previous Next
  • cowell 30 Mar 2012 16:26:43 692 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago

:rolleyes:
  • Blerk Moderator 30 Mar 2012 16:28:02 48,225 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    They're a good choice to take over from GAME. Mainly because their in-store prices are equally eye-meltingly astronomical.
  • Deleted user 30 March 2012 16:30:55
    Big business bad
    Indie stores good

Repeat with me everybody
  • Deleted user 30 March 2012 16:32:29
    10 000 games available online. 10 instore.

Tesco near me is usually more expensive than Game back when Game had new releases! Plus most chart positions usually have the wrong game in them, no prices, horrendous preowned prices (29 for Black ops anyone?)..... always makes me laugh when people put the deals they have in their Tesco - because once your Tesco has no competition the prices go high......
  • Whizzo 30 Mar 2012 16:32:48 43,094 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Last time I bought a game in Tesco, I bought some hot chicken wings as well, find me an indie that'll do that!

This space left intentionally blank.

• SolidSCB 30 Mar 2012 16:34:18 6,646 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Really? Because the two stores within reaching distance of me (one a pretty large supermarket in a busy shopping centre) stock a grand total of zero games between them.
  • Doomspoon 30 Mar 2012 16:34:45 2,464 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Maybe Channel 4 will run a week special on supermarkets and their unethical gaming retail history like they did with the farming and tuna fishing ones. Rather than Jamie Oliver and Hugh Fearnley-Whitingstall, they'll get Charlie Brooker to visit EA or Activision where he'll get hidden camera footage of poor dev teams cooped up in their small cubicles for hours on end all to produce turgid, unwholesome products. Then they'll get Dara O'Briain around to some London based indie teams and encourage the viewers to work together to boycott supermarkets and big publishers.
  • mrpon 30 Mar 2012 16:35:56 28,781 posts
    Seen 35 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    Last time I bought a game in Tesco, I bought some hot chicken wings as well, find me an indie that'll do that!
    INSOMANIAC!! There's your niche!

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Whizzo 30 Mar 2012 16:40:16 43,094 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    He'd have me as a customer that's for certain. At least until the VAT change in October makes the wings more expensive.

This space left intentionally blank.

• superdelphinus 30 Mar 2012 16:42:43 8,051 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    if tesco lowered their prices they'd clean up on impulse buying. particularly people like me who run over and hide in the game/music section whilst the other half gets the food almost immediately after entering the store
  • Psychotext 30 Mar 2012 16:45:05 53,984 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just as a counterpoint to some of the other posts here, the three (huge) Tescos near me have a very large selection of games.

But, I guess that's the benefit of not living in nowheresville.
  • dsmx 30 Mar 2012 16:57:34 7,589 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The big tesco near me has a very good game selection to be honest and the prices are actively price matched to local stores, seen and got a good few bargains from it over the years. The staff aren't exactly the brightest bulbs in the closet but they are helpful and friendly which is all I expect really.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Page

of 1

Previous Next