HTC One X Page 4

• Page

of 6 First / Last

• CharlieStCloud 14 May 2012 19:50:02 5,275 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Restart wrote:
    Tesco, being the shite company that they are, never bothered to contact me again after ordering. So since the don't want my money, I have ordered from Three instead.

Is the all-you-can-eat data truly unlimited though? Or is there a fair use policy?
    As they say on my Three guidelines contract:

*Internet access for phone browsing only, your data usage does not include using your phone as a modem.

I do quite a LOT on my phone and my monthly payment has never once gone up; always 25 a month except the odd month or two when I sent some photo messages (which is 25p at a time) but that is to be expected!

Enjoy using Three ... I used to be with Orange and Three are genuinely a godsend in comparison.

: )
  • PearOfAnguish 14 May 2012 20:01:29 7,362 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You on the One Plan? They used to allow tethering on that.
  • Restart 15 May 2012 12:52:28 4,794 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Unlimited Internet plan, I think I went for. It did say when ordering that Tethering cost an extra 5 a month, which is annoying. I used to tether my old phone to my tablet when WIFI was unavailable, so I guess that's out of the picture now. But on the plus side, this phone is so much bigger and faster than my old one, that I won't need to cart the tablet around anymore!
  • Zerobob 15 May 2012 14:05:24 1,607 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Restart wrote:
    Tesco, being the shite company that they are, never bothered to contact me again after ordering. So since the don't want my money, I have ordered from Three instead.

Is the all-you-can-eat data truly unlimited though? Or is there a fair use policy?
    As they say on my Three guidelines contract:

*Internet access for phone browsing only, your data usage does not include using your phone as a modem.

I do quite a LOT on my phone and my monthly payment has never once gone up; always 25 a month except the odd month or two when I sent some photo messages (which is 25p at a time) but that is to be expected!

Enjoy using Three ... I used to be with Orange and Three are genuinely a godsend in comparison.

: )
    I'm finding Android smartphones infinitely useful for all sorts of things now, so I want to make sure that when I upgrade from my Orange Desire I get a phone that can handle almost anything.

The One X is looking like the best candidate currently. I'm not sure why wi-fi tethering should cost any extra but I don't use it.

Are Three really better than Orange/T-Mobile though. I mean really? For years I've heard nothing but horror stories about Three and the Orange/T-Mobile network coverage is great.

That said, I'm completely unimpressed with Orange's online upgrade service. I sign into my account, click 'Upgrade your phone', it shows me phones I could upgrade to, I select one, then it tells me to sign into my account and click 'Upgrade your phone' so I get into an infinite loop of:

select a phone -> account view -> select a phone -> account view -> select a phone -> account view...

Awesome Orange.
  • Trowel 15 May 2012 19:23:14 17,898 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I upgraded with Orange from a Desire to the HOX yesterday - don't upgrade online, call them. I spoke to the upgrade line and asked them for their best deal, then said I could get a better deal elsewhere, so they put me through to retentions who made me a decent offer. I called back a few days later and said I was leaving, and they offered me a very nice 21 contract. Apparently they value you on your average spend over the last 6 months.

I got the phone today - what's the easiest way to restore my apps? I don't want to restore them one-by-one if possible.
  • crashVoodoo 15 May 2012 21:26:49 3,960 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    I upgraded with Orange from a Desire to the HOX yesterday - don't upgrade online, call them. I spoke to the upgrade line and asked them for their best deal, then said I could get a better deal elsewhere, so they put me through to retentions who made me a decent offer. I called back a few days later and said I was leaving, and they offered me a very nice 21 contract. Apparently they value you on your average spend over the last 6 months.

I got the phone today - what's the easiest way to restore my apps? I don't want to restore them one-by-one if possible.
    For into the play store app and go to my apps. Swipe right and it should list everything you've ever downloaded.

Install at will, or even easier do it via the play web site and just push them to your phone.

Will you let me know how you get on battery wise please. I'm curious to know if my mates was a duff phone.

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• captainrentboy 15 May 2012 21:58:13 1,020 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've had mine around 3 weeks now. Battery life isn't exactly superb but not as terrible as some of the stories on here. Mild usage will see it drop to maybe 50% when I go to bed. Constant internet and game battering will see it drop to 20% after 4 or 5 hrs. The phone did not like Florida weather though, left in my wife's handbag saw the heat kill it dead within 2hrs. :/ The phone is absolutely fantastic otherwise though.
  • Trowel 15 May 2012 22:10:04 17,898 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I charged to full around midday, and have been messing around with settings, bluetoothing, Dropboxing and app installs for the last 4-5 hours on and off with a couple of calls and texts - at 46% currently, so not too bad. Haven't done any web browsing or gaming yet.
  • Trowel 15 May 2012 22:11:03 17,898 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    Install at will, or even easier do it via the play web site and just push them to your phone.
    Cheers, that was what I was looking for. Daft they haven't got the option in the market to batch restore.
  • Zerobob 16 May 2012 14:57:45 1,607 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Trowel wrote:

Yes I've played the retentions game many a time before and, if I'm honest, that's what I was going to do anyway. I got my Desire on a 15/mth contract last time I threatened to leave / upgraded.

I just wanted to check out my possible upgrade options before ringing up though and was a bit annoyed at how poor Orange's website is.

I think the HOX is out of stock currently, but I will be phoning Orange soon, mainly to express my disgust at how gimped my Desire is and how long I've had to suffer on with it.

The Orange Desire has such a small on-board partition and is so bloated full of non-removable game demos and terrible Orange software that I no longer have enough space to simply upgrade apps anymore, never mind install new ones. I feel like they bloody well owe me a free HOX!
  • captainrentboy 16 May 2012 16:22:35 1,020 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    To anyone out there with a one X, do you know what the newest firmware update did? Just got back to the UK and my phone's now on version 1.29.401.7. Which is a newer one again on top of the battery fix one :/.
  • sanctusmortis 3 Oct 2012 10:11:33 9,646 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Okay, so I'm looking at getting one of these soon (unless the X+ comes to my network) - is there any way to get your podcast subs on iTunes across to the One X? Preferably by syncing rather than just copying and then deleting when done?
  • MrWonderstuff 4 Oct 2012 16:12:15 1,939 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I know this is a one X thread but I got my first smartphone last week (the One S) and it's bloody nice handset. Lovely clear screen and the apps are cool. Browsing the net is really nice considering the size and great to be able to check my emails on the move.
  • crashVoodoo 4 Oct 2012 16:27:59 3,960 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    sanctusmortis wrote:
    Okay, so I'm looking at getting one of these soon (unless the X+ comes to my network) - is there any way to get your podcast subs on iTunes across to the One X? Preferably by syncing rather than just copying and then deleting when done?
    Can you not just get a podcast app, import your feeds and stop relying on iTunes and syncing?

The app will do all the legwork for you. Pocketcasts is what I use and it works like a charm.

• Sharzam 4 Oct 2012 20:27:01 2,985 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Google Listen is for handling podcasts. Its rather basic but its free and easy to use, plus its always nice to stay in the google family.

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• crashVoodoo 4 Oct 2012 20:40:02 3,960 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Sharzam wrote:
    Google Listen is for handling podcasts. Its rather basic but its free and easy to use, plus its always nice to stay in the google family.
    Its also destined for the digital bin by November. I used to use it but after rinding that out I went looking for a replacement. Pocket casts is what I found and its actually bloody good.

There are plenty of others though and some are even free.

• monkehhh 4 Oct 2012 21:57:55 3,421 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Sharzam Think that's on its way to being discontinued, but folded in to something else (Google Reader maybe?).

Edit - too slow :)

Edited by monkehhh at 21:58:13 04-10-2012
  • sanctusmortis 15 Oct 2012 12:28:44 9,646 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Apparently HTC Sync would allow me to pull everything I want through iTunes, so that's cool.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 12 Nov 2012 18:39:03 38,614 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This thread is close enough.

I have a HTC One V (the entry level model of the X), and I want to buy a phone cradle/charger/FM transmitter for my car so I can get rid of my iPod. Does anyone know of one that'll fit my phone?

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• mikew1985 12 Nov 2012 19:01:48 12,876 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just get a bluetooth to FM transmitter like this one.

They work a charm and will work with all phones, charge too (provided you bring your micro usb to the car).
  • BeebleB 12 Nov 2012 19:04:53 954 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    [http://www.amazon.co.uk/Generation-Transmitter-integrated-Gomadic-TipExchange/dp/B0088NXLR0/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1352746871&sr=1-3fm transmitter[/link]
    [http://www.amazon.co.uk/HTC-CAR-D130-Cradle-Package/dp/B007IVCEDU/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1352747006&sr=1-1]cradle[/link]

I couldn't guarantee you cant find it cheaper though, seems pricey

Edited by BeebleB at 19:05:46 12-11-2012

Psn - Emperorzaphod
    Steam - Emperorzaphod
    Wii U - sirzapalot

• MrTomFTW Moderator 12 Nov 2012 19:11:14 38,614 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:

They work a charm and will work with all phones, charge too (provided you bring your micro usb to the car).
    I like the fact one of the photos show that the neck snaps easily :-D

• crashVoodoo 12 Nov 2012 20:02:26 3,960 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I can recommend ice device. Usually retail for around 60 but you can pick them up from ebay around 20 or if you land lucky 12 like me.

search ebay for "ice device" there are loads. It works brilliantly.

Its has an fm transmitter to the radio so sync your phone via bluetooth and it feeds to the radio, it also has pass through for audio via cable. There are buttons on the unit itself to allow skipping of tracks.

As it plugs into the power outlet there is a usb port for pass through charging to your phone.

It even has an sdcard slot to play audio directly if so required amd finally a remote but I've never used it.

Edited by crashVoodoo at 20:13:01 12-11-2012

• mikew1985 12 Nov 2012 20:20:01 12,876 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote:

I like the fact one of the photos show that the neck snaps easily :-D
    I saw that after I pasted the link :-)

Still I assigned the missus have that exact line and both love it. No issues.
  • mikew1985 12 Nov 2012 20:22:50 12,876 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    I can recommend ice device. Usually retail for around 60 but you can pick them up from ebay around 20 or if you land lucky 12 like me.

Its has an fm transmitter to the radio so sync your phone via bluetooth and it feeds to the radio, it also has pass through for audio via cable. There are buttons on the unit itself to allow skipping of tracks.

As it plugs into the power outlet there is a usb port for pass through charging to your phone.

It even has an sdcard slot to play audio directly if so required amd finally a remote but I've never used it.
    Conversely a mate out mine purchased once puff these and it is terrible. Huge ended up buying the one I posted.

He bought how from a reputable retailer to so it wasn't a cheap knock off
  • jellyhead 12 Nov 2012 20:37:06 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mike, you on an iPhone by any chance? :)

This signature intentionally left blank.

• crashVoodoo 12 Nov 2012 21:43:14 3,960 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    crashVoodoo wrote:

Conversely a mate out mine purchased once puff these and it is terrible. Huge ended up buying the one I posted.

He bought how from a reputable retailer to so it wasn't a cheap knock off
    Really? Think he may have has a faulty one?

I got it after a mate at work got it via a groupon deal. I was that impressed I stalked ebay till I got one. Even picked one up for my partner so she could make safe hands free calls in the car.

New guy at work just got himself a gs3 and picked one of these up after using mine.

Honestly couldnt recommend it any higher, does exactly as it say on the tin

• mikew1985 13 Nov 2012 00:14:15 12,876 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    jellyhead wrote:
    mike, you on an iPhone by any chance? :)
    No galaxy s3, swipe is being an arse
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 13 Nov 2012 09:34:50 38,614 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've put a bid on that Ice Device. I doubt I'll win it, but it looks like just what I need. Combine that with a cradle and I'm away I reckon.

• Alastair 13 Nov 2012 10:01:39 16,016 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I got a One X yesterday as a replacement for my Desire Z.

Pleased with it so far...intrigued to see how blighted I am by battery issues.
    Bloke in the Vodafone shop told me to avoid 'overcharging' the battery - once it's charged up, remove from the charger. Is this really true? Are batteries affected by this sort of thing? And why isn't there a cut off built in?
  • Page

of 6 First / Last