HTC One X Page 3

• Page

of 6 First / Last

• Jono62 11 Apr 2012 08:39:34 14,357 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Have you got Superuser? It tells you when apps are trying to get root.
  • byron_hinson 12 Apr 2012 16:49:05 1,513 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What seems to be the best place to get this from - want as cheap a tariff and free phone as possible - finally dropping my iPhone.
  • CharlieStCloud 12 Apr 2012 17:00:52 5,530 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I saw this in the flesh today.

Maybe I have been spoiled by the PS Vita and my new iPad however, the screen, as nice as it is, doesn't wow me.

It was the best in the shop though, along side to the still-very-good iPhone 4S screen (which looks rather small compared to the One X).

Is it easy to take all the Sense 4.0 bobbins away and replace it with the very same Ice Cream Sandwich that the Galaxy Nexus has...?
  • DodgyPast 12 Apr 2012 18:58:18 8,538 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:

Is it easy to take all the Sense 4.0 bobbins away and replace it with the very same Ice Cream Sandwich that the Galaxy Nexus has...?
    You'll have to root it to get full functionality out of the purer launchers such as Apex and Nova.

Once you've done that you can chuck them in a system directory. Though there's already custom roms being released with a pure ICS look and feel.
  • THFourteen 12 Apr 2012 20:41:54 34,469 posts
    Seen 34 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:

Maybe I have been spoiled by the PS Vita and my new iPad however, the screen, as nice as it is, doesn't wow me.

It was the best in the shop though, along side to the still-very-good iPhone 4S screen (which looks rather small compared to the One X).

weird. my note had a nicer screen than ths iphone imo.
  • crashVoodoo 12 Apr 2012 23:00:15 4,019 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    If you have root and a drop box account you can backup pretty much anything directly to your dropbox using an app called datasync. Its free too with the option to donate in the menu.

The only thing I didn't like from the video reviews I've seen is the page ref ow after a pinch/zoom. Have you tried chrome beta, does it do the wierd reflow?

Edited by crashVoodoo at 23:01:38 12-04-2012

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• NBZ 13 Apr 2012 01:26:27 2,384 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Is the cheapest deal with a free phone currently at 26 a month?

Seen that on vodaphone though mobilephonesdirect and on Tmobile via buymobilephones, but wondering if there are lower monthly rental offers out there with the free phone.
  • Rens11 16 Apr 2012 17:27:43 1,464 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yea got superuser had a bit of fun with WiFi kill n wifisniff on the girlfriend. The more I use more I'm loving it feels real nice in your hand

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• crispyduckman 19 Apr 2012 19:34:32 1,889 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    For those of you concerned about the battery life on the stock rom, I can confirm that the update HTC put out yesterday (or the day before?) changes things considerably. Today I've got about 60% battery left with 10 hrs use and continuous wifi. Damn impressive imo and maybe better than my S2. How HTC managed to mess this up for the shipping rom is anyone's guess.

PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: crispyduckman

• byron_hinson 19 Apr 2012 22:36:33 1,513 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Anyone ordered from mobiles.co.uk before. Was thinking of getting the phone from them
  • Fobocop 19 Apr 2012 22:50:44 91 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not ordered from them, but I think they are owned by Carphone Warehouse so pretty reputable.
  • madwlf 19 Apr 2012 22:57:21 74 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Had one of these delivered yesterday only to find it was faulty. Looked as if the os needed re-installing or something as the ring on the bottom kept flashing with touch.
    Once I was finally able to somehow unlock it the screen kept going black whenever you spin to another desktop and there were no apps showing when you press the button.
    Getting a new one tomorrow so fingers crossed!
  • crispyduckman 19 Apr 2012 23:22:05 1,889 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    May have spoken a little too soon in my post above. The battery life is improved post update but I expect it mainly relates to drain while in the 5th core low power state (or something like that, which was known to be broken before). Still in the S2 ballpark but probably not better.

PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: crispyduckman

• NBZ 1 May 2012 22:04:26 2,384 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Got mine (on Vodafone) - I like it and the battery for my light usage will easily last over a day I think.

Now I just hope that the Samsung Galaxy S3 isnt too much better when announced - I think features are expected to be close but it may have a better resolution/quality camera.

Size wise it is very similarly sized to the Galaxy S3, which had a smaller screen.
  • crashVoodoo 1 May 2012 22:34:29 4,019 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    NBZ wrote:
    Got mine (on Vodafone) - I like it and the battery for my light usage will easily last over a day I think.

Now I just hope that the Samsung Galaxy S3 isnt too much better when announced - I think features are expected to be close but it may have a better resolution/quality camera.

Size wise it is very similarly sized to the Galaxy S3, which had a smaller screen.
    I have my nexus s all set for trade in based on the gs3 outcome. Hopefully its good. I really like the one x but my mate has it so I want something different

• crashVoodoo 6 May 2012 15:30:56 4,019 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well I had a bit more time yo demo the hox yesterday and the battery on this is just beyond shit. 20 mins I was on it testing out chrome beta and the camera and it does indeed fly much better than my nexus s but the battery dropped 20% in that time.

Then I left it alone for nearly 2 hours and it only dropped 3%.

As my son likes to play games on my nexus I thought I'd try some of those. 3 demos downloaded via wifi and it had munched thru another 10% of battery. Wtf!!?

Its an amazing phone but what's the point if I couldn't use it

• MrTomFTW Moderator 6 May 2012 16:04:29 39,761 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I have the HTC One V. It's absolutely lovely, even though it's not as powerful as the X.

Although the Facebook app sucks all sorts of balls.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• crashVoodoo 6 May 2012 16:18:41 4,019 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    DDevil wrote:
    I have the HTC One V. It's absolutely lovely, even though it's not as powerful as the X.

Although the Facebook app sucks all sorts of balls.
    I like a big screen so I'm going all out for my next upgrade and I want it to be worth 2years of contract. The reviews seems to think the s4 on the us hox is good on battery so is it just the tegra 3 thats ass?

I think I'll hold out for a note 2 or whatever the next nexus is.

• Restart 8 May 2012 18:53:36 4,904 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just got one of these from Tesco Phone Shop for 21.50 a month, 24 months. It only has 100 minutes, but unlimited texts, & 500mb data, which is exactly the same as my current 10 a month Tesco Mobile sim only contract. So I'm only paying an extra 11.50 a month for a brand new phone! Bargain!
  • crashVoodoo 8 May 2012 21:19:25 4,019 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Restart wrote:
    Just got one of these from Tesco Phone Shop for 21.50 a month, 24 months. It only has 100 minutes, but unlimited texts, & 500mb data, which is exactly the same as my current 10 a month Tesco Mobile sim only contract. So I'm only paying an extra 11.50 a month for a brand new phone! Bargain!
    I can eat through 500mb in a morning streaming from my google music account 0.o

• Ginger 8 May 2012 21:27:05 6,916 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    so tempted by one of these, but waiting for a few weeks of reviews, and the S3 before I commit

London open taekwondo champion

• Dougs 8 May 2012 22:17:27 69,500 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    Restart wrote:
    I can eat through 500mb in a morning streaming from my google music account 0.o
    A prime reason why cloud services won't work for most on mobile.
  • mrpon 8 May 2012 22:37:49 29,564 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Perhaps mowglis place are hiring.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• heyyo 8 May 2012 23:18:08 14,369 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Restart wrote:
    My Tesco 10 sim only deal is 5000 mins, unlimited text & data. I took it out 2 years ago though, guess they're restricting things now.

If those limits are sufficient for you then you have indeed got a bargain, you're essentially getting a 480+ phone for 276
  • CharlieStCloud 10 May 2012 07:19:59 5,530 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Restart wrote:
    That's a jolly good deal, not going to take anything away from that ... however, I probably use my phone to browse the Internet just as much if not more than my iPad at home and it surprises me just how quickly I can bite through 500MB of data.

For 25 a month (for 12 or 24 months) on Three, you can walk out of the shop with a HTC One X, 5,000 texts, 200 minutes and all-you-can-eat data and only pay 29 upfront for the phone.

Quite a good deal for those who are looking to purchase this phone with unlimited data.

: )
  • THFourteen 10 May 2012 09:35:03 34,469 posts
    Seen 34 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    BTW those of you with a one-x should look into a the Samsung HS3000 bluetooth dongle thingummy.

it has apt-x so you should get really good sound from it, and you can use your own earphones
  • crashVoodoo 11 May 2012 00:44:09 4,019 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ginger wrote:
    so tempted by one of these, but waiting for a few weeks of reviews, and the S3 before I commit
    I would consider giving a demo unit a test drive in store for a bit before taking the plunge.

The one I've been using was my brother in laws and he has just put it up for sale on avforums due to the battery being so shit. He's had it just over a week :-/

Its a gorgeous bit of kit and the camera is phenomenal but literally watching the life drain from the battery as you use is upsetting. You mileage may vary but he wasn't really a heavy user

Edited by crashVoodoo at 01:01:24 11-05-2012

• THFourteen 11 May 2012 09:17:31 34,469 posts
    Seen 34 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    he was using the most up to date firmware wasnt he?

there were some OTA updates that came out for the sim free version which supposedly fixed a bug that was draining battery life
  • crashVoodoo 11 May 2012 18:59:33 4,019 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    he was using the most up to date firmware wasnt he?

there were some OTA updates that came out for the sim free version which supposedly fixed a bug that was draining battery life
    I asked all the same stuff and yeah it was. It was really confusing and I'd be interested if other people had issues with the battery.

• Restart 14 May 2012 12:15:29 4,904 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Restart wrote:
    That's a jolly good deal, not going to take anything away from that ... however, I probably use my phone to browse the Internet just as much if not more than my iPad at home and it surprises me just how quickly I can bite through 500MB of data.

For 25 a month (for 12 or 24 months) on Three, you can walk out of the shop with a HTC One X, 5,000 texts, 200 minutes and all-you-can-eat data and only pay 29 upfront for the phone.

Quite a good deal for those who are looking to purchase this phone with unlimited data.

: )
    Tesco, being the shite company that they are, never bothered to contact me again after ordering. So since the don't want my money, I have ordered from Three instead.

Is the all-you-can-eat data truly unlimited though? Or is there a fair use policy?
  • Page

of 6 First / Last