• Page

of 3 First / Last

Next
  • Widge Moderator 30 Mar 2012 08:16:48 13,728 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Edtuckerartist wrote:
    Widge wrote:

Make sure you check NanoStudio if you like your App based DAWs, I'd say thats the premium app to mimic on the Vita. That, and/or cueplaydj (none of these DJing apps that try to pretend they are 1210's would be nice).
    Checked it out, purchased it and enjoying it! Thanks :D
    Keep an eye on the forums there too, good community, the app support is excellent (the in app purchase is really useful), and its continually updated.

Its a small world, Pixeljunk Dylan Cuthbert uses it (and uploads PixelJams to soundcloud), the creator is friends with the guy who does CueplayDJ, who in turn was someone who worked on The Getaway and a load of Sony games. I was yapping to him about it and CueplayDJ was meant to be a short 3.5 month project... 3.5 years later, he's still going on it.

Nanostudio is also compatible with gubbins like the Akai Synthstation keyboard, and works with Midi out, if you want to get really emphatic with it!

My only bugbear (and I don't know if this got fixed), was that you had to use a program to load samples to it. A fault of Apple's locked out system rather than anything else.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Flying_Pig 10 Jul 2012 14:47:51 11,353 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I know we'd all like to see more lovely new IP on the Vita, but given my enjoyment of the MGS Collection, I'd love for someone to port the Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank collections to the Vita as well.

I'm tempted to buy them for the PS3, but just don't get enough time to do 'em justice.

Some form of cloud saving like in Motorstorm RC would be awesome too...
  • Ror1984 10 Jul 2012 15:37:20 4,117 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'd like to see Grandia II. I absolutely adored that game back on Dreamcast and I'd love to have it on a handheld. I also hope Tales of Innocence R makes it's way over here. Since the PSP and DS, I find myself wishing most RPGs were on a handheld - I finally started playing Tales of Vesperia recently, and as much as I'm enjoying it, I know I'd put more time in if I could play it in bed. Or on the throne.

Other than that, I'd love to see something else original with the creativity and imagination of Gravity Rush.

And maybe a port of Timesplitters 2 with online MP...

FFXIV: ARR - Khroma Midgard, Odin.

• Acteon 10 Jul 2012 15:41:39 86 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ror1984 wrote:
    Since the PSP and DS, I find myself wishing most RPGs were on a handheld -
    Totally agree with you - I've got a huge RPG collection on the PSP (they account for over half of the 88 of the physical games I have on the system) and I was addicted to Disgaea 3 on Vita. I have it on the PS3 but hadn't touched it. Just being able to suspend the device mid-game makes the whole experience so much better.

for that reason I'd like a lot more RPG's on Vita. Really excited for Persona 4 :)
  • Gambit1977 10 Jul 2012 15:42:41 10,382 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Left 4 Dead. ;-)
  • Ror1984 10 Jul 2012 16:01:53 4,117 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Acteon wrote:Just being able to suspend the device mid-game makes the whole experience so much better.
    Yeah, that's definitely a big plus-point.

Persona is one of those series that's kind of passed me by, but I've heard good things. I did pick up P3P last week in the sale, though :D

FFXIV: ARR - Khroma Midgard, Odin.

• Help_me 10 Jul 2012 17:38:03 942 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I want something like the Total War series. That would be perfect for this.
  • TheBear 10 Jul 2012 19:46:23 4,531 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd love them to bring Yakuza
  • Rufus 10 Jul 2012 20:49:08 1,754 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I would like to see a "controller settings" menu where, like the 360, you can set default controller parameters for different kinds of games.

There's more chance of Shenmue 3 coming out than this happening though.
  • sid92 10 Jul 2012 22:14:25 847 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    A SOULS GAME. PERFECTION
  • jonsaan 10 Jul 2012 22:24:39 25,439 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dead or Alive Ultimate or a new Paradise game.
    Ready 2 Rumble
    Red Dead Redemption
    Stick Cricket

FCUTA!

• chopsen 10 Jul 2012 22:33:21 16,209 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Help_me wrote:
    I want something like the Total War series. That would be perfect for this.
    The last time someone tried a total war game on a console it was fucking awful.

Some kind of turn based strategy game would be nice.
  • infoxicated 10 Jul 2012 22:38:31 1,229 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    A Burnout, a Gran Turismo, a GTA, and a Fallout game would keep me happy.

Man, how cool would it be to use the motion sensor to look around in VATS, then select targets with the touch screen?! A Fallout game would rock massively for me.

I guess a God of War game wouldn't suck either, but I think I might be over them.

If we're talking retro ports in HD then TimeSplitters would be a good shout. :)
  • Flying_Pig 10 Jul 2012 22:47:03 11,353 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    infoxicated wrote:

Man, how cool would it be to use the motion sensor to look around in VATS, then select targets with the touch screen?! A Fallout game would rock massively for me.
    That would be awesome. Perhaps a re-make of the original Fallout using the FO3 engine optimised for Vita

/dreams
  • Help_me 10 Jul 2012 22:53:54 942 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Chopsen Yes but was that because there was no mouse. Vitas screen is effectively the mouse. Battle for middle earth was pretty good on 360.
  • PazJohnMitch 10 Jul 2012 22:55:35 8,617 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pretty much all the PS1 and PS2 JRPGs.
  • Gregolution 11 Jul 2012 08:07:59 3,851 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    Pretty much all the PS1 and PS2 JRPGs.
    I don't get this. I see people constantly asking for it but... wouldn't you prefer something new? New platform / hardware / decade and you'd still want something you've already played to death years ago?

Makes no sense to me, but everyone is entitled to their opinion etc.

PSN : Gregolution
    XBL : Gregolutionz

• Deleted user 11 July 2012 08:12:06
    DayZ.
  • PazJohnMitch 11 Jul 2012 08:18:38 8,617 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @gregolution

I would like new games too. I see no point in remakes. I just want the originals available.

I have not played all of the games on older consoles and wish to try the ones I missed. I never had a PS1 and the two PS2s I bought during its life both died.

My PS3 is not backward compatible and I wish to play Persona 3: FES and Persona 4 plus a few others. (Those 2 and others I have for PS2 but have no working console to play them on).

Now I know the PS3 does play PS1 games but I would rather catch up on the move than at home.
  • Gregolution 11 Jul 2012 08:26:22 3,851 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fairy nuff!

PSN : Gregolution
    XBL : Gregolutionz

• THFourteen 11 Jul 2012 08:53:43 34,267 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    its a race on to see whether baldurs gate enhanced edition on the ipad, or FFVIII on the psv will be taking up my summer!
  • martinthemonkey 11 Jul 2012 13:12:23 433 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Burnout and a decent shmup.
  • bef 16 Jul 2012 09:06:53 1,642 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    After reading the enthusiastic Persona 4 arena preview I hope the trend of bringing fighters to Vita continues....
  • DUFFMAN5 16 Jul 2012 09:08:29 15,226 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    its a race on to see whether baldurs gate enhanced edition on the ipad, or FFVIII on the psv will be taking up my summer!
    You lie!...what is this "summer" you speak of ?

I live on the Sunny South Coast and I have seen fuck all sun!

Re Thread:

Fallout something
    GTA
    Saints Row
    R.E.

...in fact I would be 90% certain we will be getting 3 of those.

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 09:10:11 16-07-2012

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Flying_Pig 16 Jul 2012 14:44:11 11,353 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 - sadly that'll be the bottom 3, with a Fallout game extremely unlikely :(
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Next