Resident Evil 5 on Windows 8

  • Page

    of 1

    Previous Next
  • SeesThroughAll 25 Mar 2012 22:48:05 1,689 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I saw a demo of RE5 running as a Metro application on a touch capable Windows 8 laptop last friday! It's fully touch friendly, and uses all the 360 assets for graphics.

    No compromise, current gen HD games will all be easy to port to Windows 8 tablets. Good things coming! :)
  • Whizzo 26 Mar 2012 00:11:16 43,195 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    RE5 already exists as a Windows game, making it work in Metro must have been really, really hard.

    This space left intentionally blank.

  • Gland 26 Mar 2012 00:22:37 78,449 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Almost certainly a compromise with running it on a desktop though.

    +1 / Like / Tweet this post

  • Sharzam 26 Mar 2012 09:16:13 3,010 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not only is it a current pc game but also is better graphically than the 360.

    So you saying uses 360 assets is actually a downgrade : ) or just a crap laptop. I hate metro anyway although the idea of a transformer series tablet with win 8 is intriguing for office use.

    Edited by Sharzam at 09:21:13 26-03-2012

    Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

  • ignas 26 Mar 2012 14:26:31 1 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I am very interested in this topic. Was Resident Evil running smoothly? Will tablets be powerful enought to run this game? Maybe you heard anything more about gaming in Windows 8 Metro? I would be very grateful for your answers.
  • SeesThroughAll 26 Mar 2012 23:30:37 1,689 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Almost certainly a compromise with running it on a desktop though.
    No compromise there, Direct3D runs natively on Metro. :)
  • SeesThroughAll 26 Mar 2012 23:34:49 1,689 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ignas wrote:
    I am very interested in this topic. Was Resident Evil running smoothly? Will tablets be powerful enought to run this game? Maybe you heard anything more about gaming in Windows 8 Metro? I would be very grateful for your answers.
    Smooth as butter. The next generation of tablets will be packing powerful and power efficient graphics cards, for which games graphically on par with current gen consoles will not be a problem.

    I just posted about one port of a popular action game to Windows 8. One. ;)

    Edited by SeesThroughAll at 23:35:02 26-03-2012
  • Jazzy_Geoff 26 Mar 2012 23:40:20 7,767 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    As someone who loves his iPad...touch gaming is shit. Always will be.
  • SeesThroughAll 26 Mar 2012 23:45:55 1,689 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    For those who hadn't heard about it before, Metro applications do have additional features and refined OS integration functionalities that desktop applications do not.

    This is why getting HD gaming as Metro applications, without any graphical performance compromise is such a big deal. It will really be a Good Thing(TM) for gaming, I guarantee. :)
  • mcmonkeyplc 27 Mar 2012 00:04:19 39,467 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Touch controls are wank... Are you not paying attention?

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • Carlo 27 Mar 2012 00:11:04 18,093 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    SeesThroughAll wrote:
    For those who hadn't heard about it before, Metro applications do have additional features and refined OS integration functionalities that desktop applications do not.

    This is why getting HD gaming as Metro applications, without any graphical performance compromise is such a big deal. It will really be a Good Thing(TM) for gaming, I guarantee. :)
    Do you work in a department in Microsoft that has the ungodly task of convincing people that Windows 8 is going to definitely not be another Windows ME or Vista?

    PSN ID: Djini

  • Whizzo 27 Mar 2012 00:15:38 43,195 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    SeesThroughAll wrote:This is why getting HD gaming as Metro applications, without any graphical performance compromise is such a big deal. It will really be a Good Thing(TM) for gaming, I guarantee. :)
    It'll be great to have a Metro game running on one monitor and having things like a browser running on another.

    Not really because Metro is fucking awful on desktops.

    Edited by Whizzo at 00:16:57 27-03-2012

    This space left intentionally blank.

  • neilka 27 Mar 2012 01:30:57 16,248 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    SeesThroughAll wrote:
    For those who hadn't heard about it before, Metro applications do have additional features and refined OS integration functionalities that desktop applications do not.
    The only problem I can see with that statement is that "additional features and refined OS integration functionalities" doesn't actually mean anything.
  • Gland 27 Mar 2012 01:37:22 78,449 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SeesThroughAll wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Almost certainly a compromise with running it on a desktop though.
    No compromise there, Direct3D runs natively on Metro. :)


    Edited by Dirtbox at 01:38:19 27-03-2012

    +1 / Like / Tweet this post

  • SeesThroughAll 27 Mar 2012 07:07:48 1,689 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    The only problem I can see with that statement is that "additional features and refined OS integration functionalities" doesn't actually mean anything.
    Metro apps exchange data and interact with each other, provide contextual search across the entire OS, and can be suspended while kept in memory, for example.
    Very similar to iOS and Android.

    Just ask someone who has tried out the beta.
  • SeesThroughAll 27 Mar 2012 07:11:12 1,689 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Carlo wrote:
    Do you work in a department in Microsoft that has the ungodly task of convincing people that Windows 8 is going to definitely not be another Windows ME or Vista?
    I'm just a developer excited with what he saw. I was convinced win8 will be better than Vista (although that is not exactly a high aim). Even the desktop mode, despite missing the Start menu, has a few subtle usability improvements (such as the troubleshoot wizards, registering file types, etc.).
  • Page

    of 1

    Previous Next
Log in or register to reply