Mass Effect 3 *SPOILERS THREAD*

• Page

of 42 First / Last

Previous
  • Scurrminator 9 Mar 2012 11:18:22 8,470 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post all your spoilerific stuff here so as not to ruin the game for others

EDIT - I'M sticking this thread for a week in the hope that people will stop feeling the need to post about deaths/endings in the other thread until others have had a fair chance to play it.

Edited by Scurrminator at 10:02:44 13-03-2012

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Bremenacht 9 Mar 2012 11:59:43 19,665 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    pew
  • Immaterial 9 Mar 2012 13:27:23 1,518 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I love the bit where you load the game and it all starts properly. Hope that hasn't ruined the surprise for anyone.

Think I'll just switch everything off.

• Bombonera 9 Mar 2012 18:00:21 345 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Here goes....

MORDIN DIES :(
    THANE DIES :(
    ADMIRAL ANDERSON DIES :(
    LEGION DIES :(
    COUNCILLOR UDINA DIES :(
    THE ILLUSIVE MAN DIES :(
    TALI, SAMARA, and MIRANDA can die depending on choices you make during the story
    The last surviving FEMALE KROGAN dies if you didn't save Maelon's research data in ME2

Edited by Bombonera at 18:01:09 09-03-2012
  • azurelas_2 10 Mar 2012 12:59:05 1,152 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The story is shit
  • PrivateTickler 11 Mar 2012 12:30:28 2 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Anyone else find Jack incredibly attractive?
  • SClaw 12 Mar 2012 15:22:43 826 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Objectively, Jack should not be hot. But is.

Techically, Bombonera, everyone sort of dies at the end anyway. Dies or is horrifically stranded and cut off from all their loved ones.
  • Duffking 12 Mar 2012 16:09:25 7,579 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bombonera wrote:
    Here goes....

MORDIN DIES :(
    THANE DIES :(
    ADMIRAL ANDERSON DIES :(
    LEGION DIES :(
    COUNCILLOR UDINA DIES :(
    THE ILLUSIVE MAN DIES :(
    TALI, SAMARA, and MIRANDA can die depending on choices you make during the story
    The last surviving FEMALE KROGAN dies if you didn't save Maelon's research data in ME2
    Anderson dying isn't guaranteed. Also Udina should have a :) rather than a :(.
  • philreeduk 12 Mar 2012 16:10:17 336 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So what did everyone think of the ending?

If you take away the last 15 minutes i think this game is the best in the series yet that ending is horrible!!

I liked that there was a definitive ending (i mean they are not going to be able to have any more mass effect games after blowing up the mass relays!) However the ending takes away all the choices you have made in the last three games and essentially brings them down to three choices all of which are nearly the exact same video except the light coming out of the cruicble/citadel being either red, orange or green!

I loved the series and the universe but that ending has left me with a bad taste for it :(
  • Duffking 12 Mar 2012 16:23:12 7,579 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Does killing the Rachni queen in the first game actually make any difference? I mean I presume they just fucking show up anyway or half the battles would be missing a certain enemy?
  • Deleted user 12 March 2012 16:31:48
    philreeduk wrote:
    So what did everyone think of the ending?
    The bit where it asks you to enter your credit card info to see the proper ending was a bit of a shock!
  • MattyB2007 12 Mar 2012 16:50:16 2,759 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't mind the ending in of itself, it's the complete lack of closure that's bothering me at the moment and that none of the choices really suited what I wanted to do. I was not going to kill the Geth and EDI as I liked that side of the story a lot so I had to sacrifice myself to make a new DNA instead. What happened to my love interest Tali? What happens now all the mass relays are fucked? I think if they had at least answered a few of those sorts of things people wouldn't mind nearly as much

Edited by MattyB2007 at 17:05:36 12-03-2012

Live - Revenge First,
    Wii U/PSN & Steam - Revenge_First (Matt on Wii U as well)
    3DS - Matt - 1246-8695-7316

• MatMan562 12 Mar 2012 17:17:31 2,615 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I posted my thoughts on the ending in the other thread (wrongly apparently but whatever) but basically my main dissapointment was that my previous choices meant nothing at the end.

There is something i'm a little confused about though, not regarding the ending. At the end of ME1 I chose Anderson to be the Human representative of the Council after I let the old council die but that was never mentioned in this game and Udina just seemed to be there. I can't help but feel that Cerberus should have had a harder time at least in their attempt to take the Crucible as a result.

On a related note, does it actually make a difference whether you save or kill the Rachni Queen? Bit dissapointing if not.

But yeah, great game!

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• MattyB2007 12 Mar 2012 17:20:07 2,759 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's a slight sour note as well. No you don't,you get 100 to work on the crucible and that's it :(

Live - Revenge First,

• jambii267 12 Mar 2012 17:29:43 1,368 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I wanted to see Shep/Liara happily ever after and the little blue babies.

But NOOOOO I get a stupid green explosion instead.

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• philreeduk 12 Mar 2012 17:30:00 336 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @MatMan562

no in the third book he steps down and Udina takes his place
  • MatMan562 12 Mar 2012 17:33:02 2,615 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @philreeduk Ah right, thanks! I haven't read any of the books. Something at the beginning of the game explaining that would have been nice

• philreeduk 12 Mar 2012 17:38:28 336 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @MatMan562 no worries! the first three books are quiet good if your a fan of the series! the second and third ones were really good at setting up some of the stuff in ME2 and ME3 up like how the illusive man started experimenting with reaper indoctrination There is a lot of stuff in the game that for someone just coming to this series would have no idea about! I'm pretty up on the ME series but even i was having to look things up why i knew this character etc the game is really bad at explaining this stuff!
  • MattyB2007 12 Mar 2012 17:39:13 2,759 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Am I the only emotionally retarded person whose actually slightly saddened it's all over? And no I'm not talking just about the ending :p
    I basically played through the entire series with Garrus and Tali as my squad mates and also think it's had some other great characters a long the way and i'm kinda gutted that this may have been the last time they may appear in a ME game :(

Live - Revenge First,

• jambii267 12 Mar 2012 17:47:20 1,368 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted

• MatMan562 12 Mar 2012 17:48:06 2,615 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @philreeduk I've been wondering whether the books were any good or not so thanks!

@MattyB2007 You're not the only one, I am too. Though i'm looking forward to where they're going to take it from here. I'm hoping for a RTS prequel, it could include battles like The Rachni war with the Krogan and Silarian, the Geth fighting the Quarians, the Turian and Krogan battle ending with the Genophage, The First-Contact War, etc. They have a load of backstory to go on so I expect we'll see something like this.

• jambii267 12 Mar 2012 17:54:37 1,368 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @MatMan562

Screw prequels! We already know how the story will end, Which is the best part of the Mass Effect series.

• philreeduk 12 Mar 2012 17:55:13 336 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    yeah there is no way they can set another game past the events in ME3, unless its thousands of years in the future. Therefore prequel is the likely option, its good though plenty of stuff for them to use!

Did anyone run into any good easter eggs on their playthrough? i saw this on the net thought it was pretty cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQd5qjOxGnI
  • MatMan562 12 Mar 2012 18:03:11 2,615 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @jambii267 Well, I don't really see how they could make a sequel. Or do you just not want any more ME games?

@philreeduk Yeah seeing drunk tali was great. I loved the "Emergency Indcution Port" bit

• MattyB2007 12 Mar 2012 18:04:39 2,759 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I saw the first half of that but never went and saw the response, didn't know there was one. I miss Tali :(

Live - Revenge First,

• jambii267 12 Mar 2012 19:11:13 1,368 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I do want more ME games! Prequels however wouldn't really work because we'd already the ending therefore having choice would be meaningless. Do we really need to know more about the Rachni Wars/Krogan Rebellion/The Morning War? I thought they were all very fleshed out in the main series and i doubt they could add anything worthwhile to the story.

If they made a sequel to ME3 they'd have to pick one of the "endings" as cannon.

They should have just made one big ending! Reflecting your choices along the way. Instead of the stupid three endings we got. I think everyone would have preferred only having one ending than the poor "choice" of endings we got.

Anyway, i don't think there should be anymore Mass Effect simply because I have no faith in Bioware not to fuck them up.

• LionheartDJH 12 Mar 2012 19:23:53 19,548 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @MattyB2007, I agree that the lack of closure/expansion on the endings is quite disappointing.

However for the most part I liked what they did with the ending. Not the fact that all 3 are basically the same scene which again was disappointing, but for the fact that it put you in a position uncommon to the rest of the series: there is no best solution, each have their pros and cons.

Sure you can argue that it does mean some of your previous choices come to mean little. But I like the choices you are presented with. After ME1 it was pretty clear that the Reapers are an almost insurmountable force, and for me it'd feel a bit of a cop-out if you could then just kill them and make everything perfect. I thought it was going that way, and was pleasantly surprised that it didn't quite end up like that.

One does not simply kill the Reapers.

Also I loved the whole finale, expected an end boss fight like the past 2, instead looks like Bioware reacted to the criticisms (especially ME1, that Saren scene was quite emotional if you got him to shoot himself, only to be ruined by it going all gamey and having a stupid final fight). Thought the run to the beam was crazy epic, and then to follow up with a dying hero staggering on to save the galaxy was brilliant.

She dives for cheese pasties

• MattyB2007 12 Mar 2012 19:25:09 2,759 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They have left themselves in an odd spot as i'm not sure i'm invested enough in the likes of the Rachni wars. The Geth and the Quarian stuff is what I enjoyed most but that's all been resolved or explained pretty much through the trilogy, there's not much left to tell.

From a prequel stand point the only thing that would work for me is visiting a previous cycle, maybe but then what story could they really tell in that that would be as significant as in these games?
    Otherwise I guess it has to be in the future.

Live - Revenge First,

• MatMan562 12 Mar 2012 19:51:05 2,615 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That's why I think it should be an RTS game, you don't complain about other RTS games because you know how WWII ended :-P

I just think it would be quite interesting to see how the wars unfolded, what tactics each side used, stuff like that. I also just want to control all the different types of ships and vehicles that have been shown.

Perhaps they could do it in a 'What if?' scenario whereby depending on which side you choose to fight for and whether you win or lose, the future conflicts change based on this. I'm not entirely sure how, or even if, that could work though.

What would everybody else like to see? Another RPG?

• Page

of 42 First / Last

Previous